Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Electronic Magnetic Pulse Warhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alli Wren

A
XR-05 Electronic Magnetic Pulse Warhead
Intent: To provide a named weapon to fufil a function of EMP'ing an entire planet. or city, in event of a massive droid attack, or droids going rogue.
Development Thread: (Can work on on if you want, I have facilities on an backwater planet that could handle the R&D)
Hero Unit: NO
Manufacturer: Baktoid Industries
Model: XR-05
Affiliation: none
Modularity: Yes, it can have varying degree's of damage, from a city to a planet...
Production: Minor
Material: (What is it made out of? Certain materials are more resistant, or vulnerable, to certain weapons)
Description: This bomb was made to hit a planetary shield if it had one but if not did the same function, depending on the grade of the weapon, it can knock out a City to a Planet, In case of the shield it actually uses it to fry all of the eletronics utilizing the shield as a way to spread the blast, other wise, it can only damage an large city and its surrounding land. It knocks the area back to the time before technology completely frying any and all eletronics. Was developed to counter the possiblity of rogue droids. Since Baktoid specializes in droids it has worried for a long time that one day they might not be so rulely.

Sources: Wookiepedia http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Electromagnetic_pulse

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
It's very important to realize that placement and altitude are critical for using an EMP to blanket a continent. Global curvature makes it impossible for a single weapon to get a whole hemisphere, let alone a whole planet. I'm also concerned by this as a one-shot kill against planetary shields. Knocking out the entirety of a planet's unshielded electronics is doable with multiple, precisely timed and targeted large warheads...once the planetary shields are down. There is a single canon source that describes a sufficiently powerful EMP as able to knock out shields, but that kind of thing would qualify as a superweapon, and mass production just wouldn't be appropriate for this board.

Alli Wren

A
Yes I agree, with you there, so I suppose I could go one of two steps, I could make it a superweapon... (granted I wouldn't wish that on anyone besides omni) as I agree, or I could scale it down to a large city or something... and proceed. Either way, due to the nature of the weapon and current events, I am willing, and hope to do a thread or threads, where I am developing said weapon on a back water planet, away from Omni and welcome attempts to stop me and will even take time to raid for materials etc... I just thought that for such a contraversial weapon, dispite being cannon, that it would be best to get it approved here before I shot emp's out en masse.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Wise move. Yes, feel free to RP out a thread. We're not accepting many, if any, EMP submissions right now, for obvious reasons, but having a thread to show us when the time comes will be a major point in your favor.

It's also very important to note that 90% of production facilities are not on your side right now.

And remember that the state of the galaxy is turmoil and panic. Droids are attacking most of the big worlds in Republic space. There hasn't been a need for a large-scale anti-droid weapon in centuries, not since the Clone Wars.

Alli Wren

A
oh totatlly , I expected that as most of anyone's stuff is on worlds that are probalby full of evil clockwork droids right now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom