Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Eldritch Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
startrek_eldritchstarship_4544.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Sith Empire Unknown as to the original maker of the Cr90 Corvetter, however the ship was remade alchemically by Boid'Zoru
  • Model: Eldritch Cruiser
  • Affiliation: Boid'Zoru

• Production: Unique
  • Material: Durasteel which has been alchemically altered to be connected to the mind of Boid'Zoru
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Corvetter
  • Length: 135m
  • Width: 75m
  • Height: 25m
  • Armament:Average
  • Defenses: Average
  • Hangar: None
  • Maneuverability Rating: Very High due to the telepathic connection with Boid'Zoru however decreases to average when manually driven by others
  • Speed Rating: Moderate.
  • Hyperdrive Class: 3
STANDARD FEATURES
All standard feature

ADVANCED SYSTEMS
Mechu Deru Alchemic mind link allowing Boid'Zoru to make slight changes to the structure of the ship being able to bend the existing walls of the ship changing the shape and structures around while retaing must functionality. This ability also allowed him to create a hole in the floor of the ship where his master was sleeping letting him kill his master by suffocation in the vaccum of space. This telepathic link allows him close to complete control of the ship mentally making it much easier to maneuver. This is also is the cause of the aesthetic of the ship looking so erie as it is perverted with and reeks of darkside energy. Its like telekinesis but on a larger scale, basically as long as he keeps the systems capable of functioning he and rework existing metal into more desirable shapes. However this takes time to do, though usually unless planning hyperspeed travel the shit has several holes and is depressurized making it in hospitable for most.

Strengths:
  • Telepathic control for Boid'Zoru
Weaknesses:
  • Slow hyperdrive
  • Average on everything else
  • No room for fighters
  • Destroying the ship causes psychological pain to Boid'Zoru
Description: Boid'Zoru Has warped the ship with Sith magics forcing his will upon and in the process tying it to his conciousness.

[member="Boid Zoru"], welcome to the factory. I'll be your guide to getting this approved. Feel free to ask me any questions that you have about this process or anything Star Wars lore or technical questions.

In terms of ratings and overall gameplay balance, your ship is perfectly balanced.

Boid Zoru said:
Hyperdrive Class: 9
I realize that the intent is for this to have a slow hyperdrive, but I think that if you moved this to a x3, x4,or x5 hyperdrive, that would be fine to. But ultimately, that's up to you.

Boid Zoru said:
ADVANCED SYSTEMS Alchemic mind link allowing Boid'Zoru to make slight changes to the structure of the ship (ie a hole warp into a room to the vacuum, or rearrange the interior), and allows him close to complete control of the ship mentally making it much easier to maneuver. This is also is the cause of the aesthetic of the ship looking so erie as it is perverted with and reeks of darkside energy.

On Chaos, Alchemy is considered a restricted material. It's one of those things that because of its power and relative rarity in the galaxy, we limit the use of restricted materials in starships to people who have put into work developing companies that could create it (Tier IV companies) or to major factions (governments and other groups that put have a lot of effort working and writing together as a large group).

So undoubtedly, if your character has a connection to a major faction or a large company, we could list them under the manufacturer field to enable this.

However, there are other options to getting some similar effects that don't require alchemy. The most obvious one would be to use a cybernetic implant of some sort or to make part of the ship living (like a Vong cognition hood).

If you have any questions or any alternative ideas, feel free to let me know!

[member="Gir Quee"] I joined the Sith Empire, I don't know if that count's but thank you for the help I also boosted the hyperdrive up to a rating of 3. My goal was to balance out the restricted material aspect with the fact that it is something that can be done normally without the material as you said. The fact that is alchemy is just to jumpstart the fact that I will be playing this character as primarily a sith alchemy and give it some aesthetic cool factor.

If you read my back story in my biography you will see that this was done by using sith alchemy on a ship owned by my former master in order to kill him by overriding the air locks (easy to survive as a Daithim xD)

[member="Boid Zoru"], cool, add the "The Sith Empire" to the manufacturer field and you'll be all set to use alchemy on this ship.

Boid Zoru said:
Alchemic mind link allowing Boid'Zoru to make slight changes to the structure of the ship (ie a hole warp into a room to the vacuum, or rearrange the interior), and allows him close to complete control of the ship mentally making it much easier to maneuver. This is also is the cause of the aesthetic of the ship looking so erie as it is perverted with and reeks of darkside energy
You may want to include the concept of Mechu-deru in here.

Tell me a little bit about the ability to rearrange the interior. Is this just moving objects in the inside with his mind (like telekinesis) or are we talking about something else?

[member="Gir Quee"]

All changes added. Its like telekinesis but on a larger scale, basically as long as he keeps the systems capable of functioning he and rework existing metal into more desirable shapes.

Boid Zoru said:
All changes added. Its like telekinesis but on a larger scale, basically as long as he keeps the systems capable of functioning he and rework existing metal into more desirable shapes.
This is a nice bit of world-crafting that builds up the character of the ship and your character's relationship with it.

I would ask though that you add a note somewhere in here stating that this takes some time and effort to do. The reason being that if someone boards this, it would be gamebreaking to have them constantly go through a metal maze or instantly be impaled by part of the ship's hull turning into an impromptu spear.

Does that make sense?

[member="Gir Quee"]

It does however I will also be adding that unless he is planning on jumping to hyperspeed most of the time there are various holes and the ship is not usually pressurized unless travelling at hyperspeed given that my character usually flies solo and he is diathim and has no issue with the vaccum on space what do you think? also changes made

[member="Boid Zoru"], that sounds fine to me, and the changes look good too.

I might suggest expanding a bit on its history in the description section, though that's entirely optional.

Otherwise, this looks ready for approval to me as long as you're happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom