Ana gave Seastone a look as she fell into place with the others, though there wasn't much irritation behind it.
"I can want to be somewhere else and still be useful. Those things aren't mutually exclusive." After killer plants, spiders, storms, cannibals, and everything else this trip had provided, she thought she'd earned the right to miss her ordinary life rather enthusiastically.
"Besides, wanting a shower and a computer isn't pessimism. At this point, I think it's a perfectly reasonable life goal."
Before leaving the nurses' station entirely, Ana gave the records one last search. Something finally caught her attention among the routine entries, and she stopped long enough to open it. The timestamp made her expression change.
"Wait. Three days ago." She scanned the entry more carefully, checking the surrounding records before looking toward Aya and Mistral.
"Whatever happened here, this system was still being used three days ago. I'm not finding anything newer than that." It wasn't enough to tell them what had happened, but it gave the emptiness around them a much clearer timeframe, and it certainly fit better with the spoiled food than an evacuation lasting only a few hours.
Ana saved what information she could before leaving the terminal and joining the others as they moved into the inner garden. She kept near the shark woman without assuming anything more about her than what she'd already observed, while Seastone and the Wookiee checked ahead.
"So I'm not trying to make planning harder," she added, glancing toward Seastone.
"I'm contributing useful information while complaining. It's called multitasking."
Mistral