Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Echoy'la Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titan

Ranger.jpg

Name: Echoy'la Podracing Arena
Image Source: Rangers Globe Life Park Stadium in Arlington,

Classification: Arena

Location: The Echoy'la Arena is located at 33rd and Mandalore on the Planet Echoy'la. It is the home of the IPL and is where the opening race is every season.

Affiliation: Intergalactic Podracing League

Description: The Echoy'la Arena is on a moon of the gas giant Echoy'la. There are entrances in the East, West, and North Areas. The North area hosts the main entrance and has a stone for each of its many donors, including the Mandalorian Empire, the Rekr family and so on, it also has a statue of Manda'lor the Reclaimer, the current Manda'lor. At the West entrance, you will find a fairly simple area with Season Pass holders able to enter here and get to the season pass holder seats. In the East Entrance, is an arch that lists the history of the Mandalorian people all the way up to 840 ABY. There are multiple seating tiers on all levels, with the season pass holders able to access booths with free concessions and Air Conditioning, on the second seating tier there is AC, but you have to pay for your food. On the bottom Tier, there's no AC and you have to pay more for food, but it is a great experience for large families, as it is cheap to get tickets.

History: Upon the reformation of the IPL, Katbiyre Rekr funded the construction of a new stadium on Echoy'la, this stadium,which took 4 years to build, was christened Echoy'la Arena and covers over 600 square kilometers The arena was a publically funded project, with both fans and racers, contributing. Katbiyre, as a chair member of the IPL, was put in charge of keeping it up to date and the matnience of it, as he was based in the Mandalorian Empire's territory. As Echoy'la is not habitable for most races without a dome or some other thing like that, all pods are retrofitted with free screens and the stadium has a some in order to maximise safety.
Intent: To better flesh out the scene for the Season opening race.

Links:

[member="Katbirye Rekr"]

Sorry for the delayed response.

I was going to say to add more to the description, but the following is more appropriate for the description than the history.
There are entrances in the East, West, and North Areas. The North area hosts the main entranec and has a stone for each of its many donors, including the Mandalorian Empire, the Rekr family and so on, it also has a statue of Manda'lor the Reclaimer, the current Manda'lor. At the West entrance you will find a fairly simple area with Season Pass holders able to enter here and get to the seaon pass holder seats. In the East Entrance is an arch that lists the history of the Mandalorian people all the way up to 840 ABY. There are multiple seating tiers on all levels, with the season pass holders able to access booths with free concessions and Air Conditioning, on the second seating tier there is AC, but you have to pay for your food. On the bottom Tier ther's no AC and you have to pay more for food, but it is a great expereince for large families, as it is cheap to get ticket
I'm then going to need you to add more to the history. It would also behoove to you mention how Katbirye came into possession of such wealth to fund a stadium to both this sub and your character sheet. You could also just say it was a publicly funded project Katbirye managed and contributed to. I would recommend going with the latter.

While you work on with this, I will be reaching out to the author as to whether or not the moon can sustain such a large structure and activities such as podracing. If you look at the codex entry for Echoy'la, you will see that the moons are mostly the same consistency as the rings around Echoy'la, which I'm presuming to be predominantly gaseous. I will tag you when I find something out.

[member="Katbirye Rekr"]

This is what I was told per the planet's creator.
The rings are made of rock dust; the moons are rocky. They don't have atmosphere, and all of them are small. If you did something like polis massa -- sealed, with low or artificially increased gravity - that could work. Echoy'la Colony itself is riddled with mining tunnels, and I believe the Mando Empire evacuated everyone who lived there. So lots of mining tunnels you could use for a track. Also, the Echoy'la system in general isn't conducive to life.
Please have your description reflect the above, as an open stadium is likely not plausible, and open cockpits on podracers would probably not fare well for air breathing species.

Also, you did not add more to your description as I had asked. Please reread my last post and tag me once you've completed both that and my new feedback.

[member="Katbirye Rekr"]

Move the following to history, add a sentence better describing the safety measures, and you're golden.
The arena was a publically funded project, with both fans and racers, contributing. Katbiyre, as a chair member of the IPL, was put in charge of keeping it up to date and the matnience of it, as he was based in the Mandalorian Empire's territory. As Echoy'la is not habitable for most races without a dome or some other thing like that, all pods are retrofitted with free screens and the stadium has a some in order to maximise safety.
I would also advise proofreading your sub and correcting any typos you have before I mark this for approval.

[member="Katbirye Rekr"]

How are the edits coming?

Also as I was rereading the entry, I noticed something I missed before. 4 acres is very small for a stadium, especially if the whole podracing arena is inside. I would advise changing this to several hundred, if not a thousand or so acres. Before submitting though, please convert to km.

[member="Katbirye Rekr"]

I know I said bigger, but I have serious reservations about a stadium that big without dev. If you'd like to keep that size, I'll need a 10 post dev. Otherwise, just change it to 600 square kilometers or somewhere around there and I can chalk this up to pending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom