Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Echoes of Yourself

Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Shortly after Ziost
L'yoom Ka L'yoom Ka

The halls of the temple were silent save for the Zeltron's footsteps. The Order's numbers dwindled by the day, what was left of them still on the lines or seeking reprieve from battle elsewhere. She had come to pay her respects in the hall of mourning. There had never been a more appropriate time for Ripley to do so than following Ziost. Too many had died to give her the opportunity to complete her mission. For that, she was forever thankful.

After she had roamed the halls, the kenopsia both remarkable and sorrowful. The training rooms, where she and so many others had drilled, were vacant, now that the time to put knowledge into practice had come. The flowing streams of the room of fountains were uninterrupted by the younglings who so often waded in them. She took a left, weaving her way through the newfound rows of shelves in the archives. Her hand reached out to trail various books. Most wore the marks of time, their spines all but crumbling.

As she came to the end of the current row, she went to loop to the next. A table drew her eyes, where a lone togruta sat, a stack of scrolls in front of her. Ripley strolled over, raising an eyebrow by way of greeting.

"I hope I'm not interrupting, but I don't think we've met before. I'm still trying to get to know everyone, but the constant deployment doesn't help."

A chuckle escaped her lips as she extended a hand to the girl.

"I'm Ripley Kuhn. Uh, you studying for a test, or something?"

Last edited:
Six years had passed since the Togruta had returned the lonesome blade back to the Jedi. Many of the following years were spent discovering that there was far more to this galaxy than one could even imagine. It was overbearing for one who was kept confined to her former tribe’s region on her home planet. Much too often was it that she thought back to simpler times of the hunt-- outsmarting animals in their habitat. Now she was to face the dangers of the galaxy? It was an undertaking that she had trained for under Aurik, a Jedi Master: Formally, as of recently.

In this temple, many have walked the very path she treads. Is it with caution or calculation? Are they synonymous? Synonymous. A new word. One of many that the Togruta had to familiarize herself with. There was simply so much she had not known, things unclear and knowledge to be harvested. A studious one when not putting what she has read into practice in the many training halls.

The walls fluttered night and day, cascading their shifting light into the archives. It was not until they settled upon the humble dusk that the Togruta would be found still seated at that table. A table now barren with the many who had been taken along with their masters. Across the table was a curved overhang about 4 inches up, shining a pleasant glow down to the many pages scattered about. Several books were stacked upon each other to look as though it were a small home.

L’yoom sat leaning back with her feet upon the seat edge, knees up to hold a scroll before her. A brown pancho was wrapped around her shoulders. The scrolls title was Makashi, displaying images of stances and best practices for the techniques. Her eyes fluttered, feeling the presence of another.. Quickly, she reached forward to the table and hid some half chewed journal paper under one of the books. It was not a presence she’d sensed before, though there were still many that she did not know, having spent more time training than socializing. It just was not something that suited her reserved nature.

“I will finish up here.. It grows late, I unders--.” She turned, grey eyes gazing up toward the scarlet woman. She was surprised to see such a prominent tone of color. She relaxed, knowing now who was here with her.

At the greeting, she instinctively raised a hand, though instead-- her middle finger would press to hers before moving the hand up and down. The others Padawans had solidified the behavior in her time here, as she was not truly accustomed to all the formalities.

“Rip-ley.” She said, mostly to herself to feel the name out for herself. “I am called L’yoom Ka… I have actually completed much of my studies. I have been returning my attention to the ways of traditional Jedi combat. . . It is fascinating.” Her eyes trailed back to the scroll to roll it back, seeing as she had reached the conclusion.

“You have been on constant leave as well?” L’yoom asked, tilting her head up to her as she placed the scroll neatly on the desk before her. She remained in her rather bundled up pose, actually quite comfortable where she was. “My Master was. . . and . . . They have served the Jedi well. I hope to honor him with a duty of my own. I am indebted.” She smiled to Ripley, reaching out to pull a chair from beside her, if she so needed. L'yoom would be lying if she wasn't curious about what goes on out there. It was not often she was taken beyond the temple, keeping to her studies as instructed.

L'yoom Ka L'yoom Ka

A warm smile bloomed across Ripley's face as she took the seat that was offered. The togruta's demeanor was unique, a sense of curiosity intermingled with kindness. Even the foreign gesture had a charm about it.

"It's nice to meet you, L'yoom."

Ripley's eyes floated to the scroll that was being put away. Paintings of forms eons-old disappeared as the paper turned in on itself.

"Never been much for studying, more of a practice type gal, myself. There is much to find in the old ways, though."

The knight nodded at the question, before her gaze fell back to the padawan at the mention of her master. Was. Another who had lost at the hands of the sith. The zeltron frowned, thinking of her first master, and what she had come to learn of his fate.

"The war against the sith has claimed the brave souls of many. I think it's a beautiful thing to serve in their honor."

The zeltron paused, sensing a disruption. A slight sense of nervousness sent the smallest of ripples through the force around her.

"We all can contribute to that in some way or another, no matter our strengths. I'm proof of that. I... I left my first master, but I found out he later perished from a Sith agent. I try not to let it drive me, or anything, but it does remind me of what's important. What their evils are, why we do what we do, despite how other Orders look down upon us." Ripley leaned back, considering the conversations with the Silvers a short time ago. "It's hard, though. Both on the lines and behind them. When you stare that kind of darkness in the eyes, it difficult to not fall prey to it by way of hate. How long has it been, since uh, he...?"

Ripley Kühn Ripley Kühn

L’yoom watched Ripley take the seat beside her, almost in awe at the history that must have been sitting there. Though, it made her feel as it usually did with other Jedi… Feeling unable to amount to what it meant to be a Jedi. It was so overwhelming to know there was still so much to learn.

“Honor is good… Yes... “ She said, though it seemed more so for herself to hear it. Though her expression betrayed her as it often did. The slightest furrow in her brows as she stared down at the book that hid away the torn bits of paper. Again, her heart raced thinking of the Jedi she witnessed fall to the hands of treacherous deeds… Would she fall all the same?

She was broken out of her thought as the zeltron spoke, startling her slightly while she turned to look at her, arms wrapping around her own knees.

The way she spoke of it all, it was certainly something to hear about from a distance, only by the echoes of the voices in the hall. The trauma and dangers that loom beyond these walls, something that is both inspiring but frightening all the same time. There is a war out there and L’yoom had certainly witnessed such an event… She certainly hoped keeping peace meant preventing war, not fighting in one.

When Ripley leaned back, L’yoom did the same, though it was quite obvious she was doing it, letting her feet slip down to the floor, hands gripping the side of the seat.

There was quite a delay to what she had asked the Padawan, as though she had to remember exactly when. “I was in the halls when I overheard the conversation. He was not due to return for another month,” There was a pause as she looked to the Master “Maybe they wanted to wait until the official statement... For any others that may have been affected… That was two weeks ago.”

“Are you Jedi?”
She asked calmly.

L’yoom looked away from Ripley, back to the stacked books in front of them. “I left my tribe to join his: The Jedi. He was all I knew… I watched the ceiling a very long time wondering if I heard the wrong thing. I thought I could ask, instead I buried my face in these books. I decided he must be watching over me. I decided I would not let him down again.”

The eyes of determination were clear in hers, now drowned of sorrow but fueled with a purpose. “There is someone out there who I can help. I will help them, yes. I will.” She confirmed with herself, nodding her head. “But I am curious.. What brings you in here, were you looking for someone?” She asked, closing her eyes, listening intently. As far as she knew, there was no one else here for these late few hours.

Ripley listened intently to the padawan as she spoke. The zeltron noted despite the feelings that came from her, the girl seemed strangely detached. It was as though the words she spoke were what had happened to someone else. At the question, Ripley nodded.

"I am a Jedi. A sentinel. I've learned to walk between the worlds, finding balance in them."

Her gaze followed the togruta's finding the books once more. A part of her wondered how long she had been sitting there, locked away with forgotten knowledge.

"I came to visit the Halls of Morning. Back on Ziost..."

A flash came. Red skies. Screaming. Soldiers and Jedi turning one another, maddened by whatever sith magic had affected them. Her own darkness, vying for control. She shook her head, the thoughts falling away with it.

"Back on Ziost, we lost a lot of good people. They gave me the opening we needed in GADF to complete our mission. Needed to pay my respects for them, kinda got lost after. It's been a minute since I've been here, and I've never seen it so empty. What are you doing here so late? I know studying is important, but you need your sleep."

A weak smile crossed her lips at the statement. A bit hypocritical, since Ripley had a few hours a night at most, but a padawan needed the reminding.

L'yoom Ka L'yoom Ka

“I apologize for the loss.” She spoke softly, looking toward Ripley, knowing she had also lost a Master. L’yoom was able to gather from Ripley, the strain that one would gather from trauma. She swallowed her own a long time ago, but it will always be there, somewhere.

L’yoom looked down to her journal, of all the things she had written within it, reminding herself of the text long studied in her time.“In Death, it is said we always find The Force..” She mused, “As we are, the Force can bring us peace.. And we do what we can to bring that peace to others.” The girl recited from memory, a sense of determination in her eyes to do just that. “Thank you for what you have done for us.”

When asked about what she was doing here into such a late time, it was then a smile appeared on her face. “It is much easier to concentrate when there is not so much… noise? My montrails have often picked up so much here, it can be overwhelming. It takes me quite awhile to set my mind.” A tinge of a toothy grin came to her when she nodded. “When I am focused, the pages almost seem to turn themselves.”

She held a silence.

“I will need to prepare myself for what is out there.” She stated, “And I believe it is the will of the Force that has brought us here” She paused for a moment, shifting her jaw side to side and turning so she was facing toward Ripley. “How can I rest knowing there is chaos among us.”

Ripley Kühn Ripley Kühn

The zeltron's smile grew brighter as L'yoom spoke. Despite whatever innocence she had, there was a sense of an old soul poking through, too. Wisdom filled her statements, only growing stronger when she admitted to needing preparation. It was not always an easy thing to acknowledge; Ripley wished she had done so before going to Korriban, where it all seemed to spiral.

"There's no need to thank me, but I do appreciate it. Jedi are the guardians of peace. Whoever I'm working for, military or the order, that's what pushes me."

She paused for a moment considering the statement on chaos. It was everywhere, all the time. Omnipresent. Even within the members of the order, who were supposed to be beacons of peace- the war had done all it could to steal that away from them. Ripley herself was even struggling as the sith poison's effects were still at play.

"I think," She paused again, struggling for words. "We just put the mantle on and try to subdue it. We go and fight for the peace we want until we can't anymore, or until we win."

The knights arm extended to grasp the padawan's shoulder.

"If you want practice outside of books, I'd be more than happy to oblige. You've got a good head on your shoulders. It'd be a waste to see you in a library forever." The zeltron teased.

“I would like to.” L’yoom said as Ripley concluded her statement of aiding her outside this place. Having been without a Master has left her rather verse in mind, but experience lacking. There was no better time for the girl. She felt ready. She was ready.

There was a peace within her now, feeling the staleness of returning to this room every day beginning to fade. It was truly a moment where she felt ready to take on more of a challenge. On her face, a slow but honest smile came to her lips with a nod. “I will inherit the teachings you have to offer, Master.” It had been a time since she had said that.

She would not let her Master down again. Her bond with the force had been strengthened this day.

(End.)

Ripley Kühn Ripley Kühn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom