Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Echoes of the Lost Veil

Bowen

B
Rayne Lo'to Rayne Lo'to

Amidst the tranquil yet eerie silence of a graveyard on a remote planet in the vast Star Wars galaxy, a figure sat reclined under the shade of a gnarled, ancient tree. The tombstones, weathered by time and forgotten by most, bore silent witness to the intruder's audacious act. The intruder in question was Bowen, a young man with dark, sun-kissed skin, vibrant green eyes that seemed to hold a hidden story, and unruly auburn-red hair that danced in the soft breeze.

Bowen had a talent for surviving in the most unconventional of ways. Today, he was indulging in the simple pleasure of a stolen meal, spread out on a tattered blanket beneath the gnarled tree. The picnic had been ill-gotten gains, pilfered from a nearby market. Bowen's nimble fingers had made quick work of liberating a variety of provisions from unsuspecting vendors.

The makeshift feast consisted of fresh fruits, crisp bread, and savory morsels of local delicacies, all laid out with the precision of someone who had made a habit out of enjoying the stolen spoils of life. Bowen had even managed to obtain a bottle of deep crimson juice, which he sipped from a stolen glass with an air of nonchalance.

As he lounged on the blanket, Bowen's gaze wandered over the quiet graveyard, the stone markers and aged mausoleums giving the place an otherworldly charm. The air was filled with a haunting, melancholic melody, as if the souls of the departed whispered their tales to the wind.

Bowen's attire was a blend of practicality and rebellion. He wore a dark jacket with multiple pockets, perfect for concealing his ill-gotten treasures. His trousers were worn but sturdy, and his boots bore the marks of countless journeys through both city streets and wilderness. Strapped to his side was a sleek, modified blaster, a stark contrast to the peaceful surroundings.

He knew that in the unforgiving galaxy, one had to take what they could to survive, even if it meant enjoying a stolen meal in a graveyard under a twisted, ancient tree.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting long shadows among the gravestones, Bowen leaned back, savoring the stolen flavors of his picnic.

Graveyard
Tags: Bowen

Rayne_divider.png

Rayne didn't much care for gloomy places like grave yards, but she was a scavenger. It was crazy what kind of tech people just threw out, left to rot with the corpses for thousands of years. Some could be polished up and sold as antiques, and others could make for good modification to her inventions. Technically it wasn't grave robbing. After all, most of this was trash. Left behind to disrespect the dead.

But the Twi'lek woman came across a different sight today. A picnic, and an eerie one at that. A young boy was snacking on various non-matching snacks, a sad encounter indeed. His shoes indicated countless travel. A lonesome existence. He was adrift, like her.

She wouldn't offer much in the way of greeting, but would step forward with a sympathetic pout on her face.

"What do you think you're doing, eating in a place like this?" Rayne asked via the vocoder clipped to her belt. "There's germs everywhere. You're going to catch a cold."

The tone was not present, but her face told a thousand stories. Sympathy, empathy, and a firm motherly instinct. She was on a mission now.

Bowen

B
Rayne Lo'to Rayne Lo'to
Bowen, sitting amidst the gravestones and enjoying his stolen meal, glanced up at the approaching Twi'lek woman with a mix of surprise and curiosity. Her words carried a genuine concern that caught him off guard, and her face, even behind the vocoder, displayed a range of emotions he hadn't expected to encounter in such a desolate place.

With a sheepish grin and a hint of mischief in his green eyes, Bowen responded, his voice tinged with a touch of amusement, "Well, ma'am, I reckon I'm just enjoyin' a meal with some long-lost friends. Can't say I've got much company out here, so I figured I'd make do with what I've got." He gestured to the scattered snacks as if they were indeed his companions.

He then added, "And as for the germs, well, I reckon a cold would be the least of my worries in a place like this." Despite his nonchalant tone, there was a subtle warmth in his eyes, appreciating the unexpected concern from a fellow wanderer in this gloomy corner of the galaxy.

Graveyard

Rayne_divider.png

"And as for the germs, well, I reckon a cold would be the least of my worries in a place like this."

"Of course not," Rayne stated with a pout, "There's hardly any high source of vitamin D here at all. Your poor bones will atrophy. And a gloomy, shaded place like this must not get any sunlight at all."

She was falling apart at the seams with how worried she was now. The tall Twi'lek made an expression that was both firm and empathetic, raising up a finger as if to signal that the boy should remain right where he was. She had an idea for how to fix this problem.

"Stay right there," she instructed.

And from there she'd walk off with no further explination, only to return with a metal tumbler that she would present to the boy, complete with a bendy straw. It would be cold to the touch, as a freshly constructed milkshake lie within, containing extra vitamins in the form of a tasteless powder that Rayne definately hadn't been substituting for real healthy meals at all.

The young woman would simply hold it out, giving him a very wide smile.

Bowen

B
Rayne Lo'to Rayne Lo'to
Bowen watched with a mixture of bemusement and curiosity as Rayne expressed her concerns about vitamin D and the lack of sunlight in the mausoleum. Her intense desire to take care of him, a complete stranger in this desolate place, was both puzzling and endearing.

As she walked off and returned with a metal tumbler containing a milkshake, Bowen's eyes widened in surprise. He accepted it with a grateful nod, still a bit taken aback by her kindness. "Well, ain't you a ray of sunshine in this gloomy place," he remarked with a grin as he took a sip from the straw, tasting the cold and surprisingly nutritious concoction.

The gesture touched him in a way he hadn't expected, and he found himself feeling a sense of connection with this stranger who had ventured into his secluded world. "This is pretty good- I can't remember a time when I had something so sweet. Thank you." He purred softly.

Graveyard

Rayne_divider.png

"This is pretty good- I can't remember a time when I had something so sweet. Thank you."

Rayne simply beamed from ear to ear. Children were always something that tugged at her heartstrings, so she loved to see them happy. It was clear that this kid wasn't treated very well by life at all. To that end they were pretty similar, even if she didn't know what his background was.

"Of course," Rayne nodded. "Oh, I'm Rayne. It's nice to meet you."

She'd sit down on the ground, tucking her legs to one side and placing her hands in her lap.

"Soooo, do you have a name?"

Bowen

B
Rayne Lo'to Rayne Lo'to

Bowen returned Rayne's smile, finding her friendly demeanor quite refreshing in this dreary place. He finished another sip of the milkshake and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand before responding.

"I'm Bowen," he said, offering a small but genuine smile in return. "Nice to meet you too, Rayne." He settled down on the ground opposite her, mirroring her posture as he continued, "I don't usually get visitors down here. What brings you to this... unique picnic spot?"

Graveyard

Rayne_divider.png

"I don't usually get visitors down here. What brings you to this... unique picnic spot?"

"Oh, I'm looking for scrap," Rayne explained. "Old tech that people threw out. Graveyards don't just accrue bodies over time. All sorts of things get left behind here."

Rayne would brush her lekku over her shoulder, tilting her head as she observed the boy. He was quite proper for seemingly living in this place, and his little suit was rather dapper. This was such a sad place for the kid to have to dwell, and the Twi'lek's heart simply couldn't keep from breaking over the matter. It was so sad.

"I collect tech to repurpose and sell," she continued. "It isn't much, but it's enough to get by. I got a walker that carries all the stuff I collect. Built it myself."

The woman would puff her chest out with pride, beaming a little. She was very proud of her walker. Suddenly, the Twi'lek's eyes would light up.

"You wanna see?" Rayne asked.

It was probably a far more pleasant change of scenery.

Bowen

B
Rayne Lo'to Rayne Lo'to

"Oh, that sounds amazing!" Bowen would reply with genuine enthusiasm, momentarily setting aside his meal. "I've never seen a walker before, and it's incredible that you built it yourself. I'd love to see it!"

He'd flash a bright, genuine smile, excited at the prospect of a change of scenery and the chance to explore something new.

Bowen, after showing genuine interest in Rayne's walker, would suddenly remember something important. He'd pause for a moment and then say with a slightly apologetic tone, "I'd love to see your walker, but I've got to go grab something from my place first. It won't take long, I promise."

With that, he'd leave his half-finished meal under the tree and lead Rayne toward the steps that lead down into the mausoleum. The entrance to his makeshift house would be a grand, aged archway that had seen better days, now covered in moss and vines. The steps themselves were worn and cracked from centuries of use.

As they descended into the darkness, Bowen would use a small flashlight to guide the way, revealing the interior of the mausoleum. Inside, the atmosphere would be surprisingly cozy, with makeshift furniture, a small bedroll, and various personal items strewn about. It's clear that he's tried to make this place as comfortable as possible, given the circumstances.

Bowen would quickly retrieve his book, a well-worn tome with intricate symbols on the cover, and then join Rayne at the entrance, ready to continue their conversation and explore the world beyond the graveyard.

Graveyard

Rayne_divider.png

Rayne would wait for Bowen to run of and grab whatever it was he was getting, which appeared to be a book. Of course, Rayne thought very little of it. It was just a book after all.

So off she went, leading the boy to her glorious creation. Well, glorious to herself, but very much strange in appearance. The chassis of a repulsorlift transport sat on a set of small walker legs, and it sported a very colorful paint job with aurebesh slogans on the side that screamed counter culture. The Twi'lek had, in truth, found the chassis like that, and she simply found the colors to be too pretty to paint over.

"There it is," Rayne beamed, "Built her myself. Pretty cool, yeah?"

She certainly thought it was cool.

Bowen

B
Rayne Lo'to Rayne Lo'to
Bowen returned moments later, a worn book clutched tightly in his grasp. As he rejoined Rayne at her peculiar walker, his eyes gleamed with fascination. It was evident that he was genuinely impressed by her handiwork.

His voice filled with genuine enthusiasm, Bowen couldn't help but express his admiration, "That's... really cool." A bright smile graced his youthful features. "I've never seen anything quite like it. The colors make it stand out in a graveyard, that's for sure."

Bowen's curiosity had been thoroughly ignited by the colorful contraption before him. He awaited with eager anticipation, hoping that Rayne might share more about her scavenging adventures or the intriguing tech she had managed to collect during her travels.

Graveyard

Rayne_divider.png

outfit

"I've never seen anything quite like it. The colors make it stand out in a graveyard, that's for sure."

"Aren't they pretty?" Rayne asked, her expression now far more excited. "I'm not a very good artist, but I found the chassis completely in-tact in a junk heap on Lothal. It was just so beautiful, I had to use it for something."

It had been long abandoned, but the exterior was in good shape. All she needed to do was give it a good buff and it was radiant again. She could only help but wonder what kind of person had owned the chassis before she had. Given the tacky anti war lingo on the side, she imagined they probably had long hair and radical sunglasses. That seemed a good theory.

"It's also my home," she admitted a bit sheepishly. "I guess you could say I'm kinda like you. Uh, minus the grave yard."

The ladder of the vehicle would swing down, and Rayne would waste no time beginning to climb up, pausing to turn back to Bowen.

"Come on, I'll put on some hot chocolate," the Twi'lek told him, "We can chat over that."

She really wanted to know why he was out here on his own. Maybe if she understood that she could convince him to go somewhere else that wasn't a graveyard. A scrap heap would be less sad than that, she though. There had to be a better place for him. It was just a matter of helping him find it.

Bowen

B
Rayne Lo'to Rayne Lo'to

Bowen's heart swelled with gratitude for this newfound friend who genuinely cared. As he followed her up the ladder, he couldn't help but feel a glimmer of hope that perhaps there was a better place for him than the graveyard. Rayne's colorful contraption had already brought a splash of brightness to his world, and now, he had a chance to share a warm moment with someone who cared.

"Reminds me of a simpler time. " He sighed softly looking about the interior. " This is a very cozy home. Welcoming and warm." he offered softly.

Graveyard

Rayne_divider.png

outfit

"Thank you," Rayne beamed. "I try my best."

She very quickly got to putting a pot of milk on the stove, pouring chocolate syrup into it before stirring it with a whisk. A more serious expression came to her face.

"I'll share my story with you," she offered, "If it helps you talk through yours. It isn't good to bottle that stuff up. I used to be angry all the time as a kid..."

The Twi'lek would keep her eyes on the pot, giving a gentle bob of her head as she lingered in thought for a moment. She used to be so pent up and angry on the streets of Nar Shaddaa. Getting out your past to someone else was a good way to let go. Her outlet hadn't been a person, just the galaxy. Maybe she could be that for Bowen.

"I got ditched as a kid," the young woman told him. "Mom left me at an orphanage, dad probably ran off and died somewhere. Well, the orphanage wound up being a front for a factory run by child labor, so that kinda became the early years of my life. It was only when a gang war broke out that I escaped and wound up on the streets. Now I'm here, more or less."

Bowen

B
Rayne Lo'to Rayne Lo'to

Bowen's eyes brightened as he caught the scent of chocolate in the air. He couldn't help but be curious about Rayne's past and her mention of anger.

"Angry?"
he asked with genuine curiosity, his youthful brow furrowing as he listened to her story. He could relate to the experience of being in an orphanage, and his expression turned somewhat somber.

"I was in an orphanage for a while too," Bowen admitted, his voice softening. "My friends from school were like my family. Joseph's mom was kind enough to treat me like one of her own for a small while, but then... things changed." He hesitated, not going into the painful details of what had happened to him and his friends.

Taking a deep breath, he continued, "I've been trying to get my friends back, no matter what it takes. They mean everything to me." There was determination in his voice, a deep loyalty and love for those he cared about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom