Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech E'care

Status
Not open for further replies.
E'care
kwa-kriss-vector-new-kwa-kriss-vector-guns-amp-tactical-pinterest.png
(Standard Variant 1st picture)
image0.jpg
(Sniper Variant 2nd picture)
(grip 3rd picture)

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a weapon worthy of [member="Adenn Kyramud"]

• Image Source: X & Y & Z

• Canon Link: N/A

• Primary Source: X

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

• Classification: Railgun/Slugthrower

• Size: Large

• Weight: Average

• Ammunition Type: Slugs

• Ammunition Capacity: In Standard variant, 30 slugs per magazine. In Sniper variant, 5 slugs per mag. Different Mags correlate with different variants.

• Reload Speed: Standard- Fast , Sniper- Slow

• Effective Range: Standard Variant- Average , Sniper Variant- Battlefield

• Rate of Fire: Standard Variant- Very High , Sniper Variant- Average

• Stopping Power: Extreme

• Recoil: Standard Variant- High , Sniper Variant- Average

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Interchangeable: Standard and Sniper variations

• [SIZE=11pt]Magnetic Rails for modular attachments such as [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt]Underbarrel:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Other underbarrel attachments of Adenn's personal choice(needs to be stated in post what they are)[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]On sides of barrel:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt]Red Eye Laser Sight [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Various Targeting Lasers (various colors) [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

[*][SIZE=11pt]Top of weapon:[/SIZE]
[*]
[SIZE=11pt]HUD Connected Scope [/SIZE]

[*]
[SIZE=11pt]Various Targeting Scopes[/SIZE]

[*]
Railgun Propulsion system accelerates all slugs (magnetic slugs) at an extreme velocity due to incorporated magnetic wells.

Strengths:

• Requires HUD connection to use and aim.

• High recoil even with recoil dampening system (Autosteady Gyro Gimbal)

• Quieter firing from the built in suppressor

• Interchangeable Weapon - Can switch between Standard and Sniper variants.

• Extreme Kinetic damage with each shot (normal slugs, but with explosive slugs it combines the two)

Weaknesses:

• Requires HUD connection. If HUD is offline then the gun will not work.

• Magazines are very bulky

• Interchangeable weapon - switching takes around 5 minutes to do, which in battle is very slow. And to switch you need to carry around the components of the other variant.

• Unique Weapon. If it breaks, only The Armoury personnel can fix it.

DESCRIPTION:

E’care.

It means hellish in Mando’a. And it fits this weapon perfectly. There is no other weapon which gets the job done like this one. It is stylish and practical. With a custom (the entire weapon is custom) engraved hilt with embedded Krayt Dragon Pearls, this gun is not for the common foot soldier. It was made for the one and only Alor of Clan Mortui, [member="Adenn"] Kyrammud.

An interchangeable weapon, the E'care can be changed within 5 minutes from its standard rifle variant to its sniper variant. The sniper variant is capable of taking larger caliber ammunition, primarily anti-armor. The Standard variant takes most slugs of average caliber with ease. Both variants have a built in safety feature, in that they can only be "turned on" when connected to a specific HUD, and can only then fire if the trigger is pulled. This HUD connection also goes towards the Computerized Interface Scope with which it comes with(also known as a HUD Connected Scope). This type of scope lets Adenn look through the scope from his HUD/helmet. The barrel is made from Dallorian Alloy to prevent overheating, and the rest of the gun is made from phrik. This is all then covered in Slick Anti-Acid. The extremely strong compartmentalized magnetic fields enable the E'care to shoot its slugs at very fast velocities. The internals of the weapon include an Autosteady Gyro Gimbal, a Hair Trigger, and a built in suppressor. The Gyro Gimbal helps with balancing, sighting, and recovering from recoil. The hair trigger enables the gun to be fired faster and to prime shots. Priming involves pressing the trigger to ready the gun, and then the slightest pressure will fire it. Or one could just push the trigger down all the way, but utilizing the hair trigger to its full potential is much faster. The suppressor does exactly what it should: it silences the sound of firing to a bare minimum and reduces the muzzle flash to an almost nonexistent peck of light. The gun has built in magnetic rails which allow it to have attachments on all sides of the weapon. These magnetic rails also allow Adenn to "sheath" the gun on a magnetic holster should he want to.

Overall, its a strong gun for a strong warrior. The two were always meant to be together, and now they can. Adenn Kyramud gains E'care, and his repertoire for death thus increases tenfold.

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening [member="Taru Cadera"]. I will be looking over your submission. Below I have broken out a few areas that could use some adjustments/corrections or just simple suggestions for improvement:

Taru Cadera said:
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION Intent:To create a weapon worthy of Adenn Kyramud Image Source: X & Y & Z Canon Link:N/A Primary Source: X
All three of those links for "Image Source" lead directly to a discord view image link, and not to the original source of the content and thus gives no credit toward the author/artist who created them. Please use a link to the site where those images are found.

Taru Cadera said:
Material: Phrik , Dallorian Alloy (in barrel only) , Slick Anti Acid Coating , Krayt Dragon Pearls (in hilt only
For these items, please provide links to the materials utilized in this submission (especially for materials such as "Slick Anti Acid Coating" not found in a routine search of the Wookieepedia).

Taru Cadera said:
Effective Range: Standard Variant- Average~Long Range (at long range there is a better chance for increased bullet spread and decreased accuracy), Sniper Variant- Battlefield
For the standard variant, i would ask that you please choose either "long" or "average" and not them both.

Taru Cadera said:
Forearm Grip helps with balancing
Will this Forearm grip need to be removed if another under-barrel attachment is in place?

Taru Cadera said:
Extreme Kinetic damage with each shot (normal slugs, but with explosive slugs it combines the two)
Please provide a link to either a previous factory sub for this type of ammunition or a canon/legends article that supports this. As your sub is written currently, your ammunition type mentions no variant from the typical slug. If this a property the weapon adds to the round somehow, I would suggest that you please incorporate that feature into the "special features" section and explain how this is accomplished.

Taru Cadera said:
Ammunition Type: Slugs Ammunition Capacity: In Standard variant, 30 slugs per magazine. In Sniper variant, 5 slugs per mag.
I would suggest here that you specify that information. I noticed it is explained in your description below, but it would be greatly appreciated to have that information provided here.

Taru Cadera said:
An interchangeable weapon, the E'care can be changed within 5 minutes from its standard rifle variant to its sniper variant.
As part of the weaknesses, it say the weapon takes around 3 minutes to reconfigure from one variant to the next, but this here says 5 minutes. since on the battlefield the difference between 3 minutes and 5 minutes is substantial, it would be greatly appreciated if you could clarify whether the time is 3 minutes or 5 minutes.

[member="Taru Cadera"],

Thanks to [member="John Locke"]'s impeccable work, we were able to find it for you. I've gone ahead and edited that link, but i need to go scrub through the sub again before I can pass it along. Unfortunately, that'll come later on today as I need to get going to work

[member="Taru Cadera"] | [member="Alden Akaran"]

It looks like you've gotten a solid submission here, and I do like to see variable weapons.

I just have 2 points I'd like to clarify with you.

Firstly, by my calculations the sniper rifle is actually coming in as underpowered by two ratings points. If you'd like you could increase the ratings, or we'll approve the submission as it stands.

The second point deals with the Autosteady Gyro Gimbal you mentioned, it is designed to reduce hte effect or recoil, however you not the standard mode of the rifle as having a high recoil, which the gimbal would negate. Is the gimbal only activated during the sniper mode, or is it constantly activated? If constantly, could you please clarify the high recoil.

Thank you for making the edits, but while you've balanced the sniper rilfe, the standard mode has become unbalanced now you're taken away the recoil. By my calculations you will need to reduce 2 points to attain balance.

Of course, I am happy to approve this sub as it is if you wish.

[member="John Locke"] | [member="Alden Akaran"]

Edited. I have reverted the recoil for the standard variant back to High, and am trying to pursue the idea that without the autosteady gyro gimbal, the railgun would have very high recoil due to the size of the projectiles it can shoot and as to how fast it does shoot them. This of course is not in the description as the description goes with the gun which has the Autosteady Gyro Gimbal.

Also could you please clarify the point system that you keep referencing?

So I think the best way to explain it is to go through your sub to show you. At it's basis balance in the factory is on a one up - one down system. That is to say that if you increase a rating you need to decrease another rating somewhere else, hence me reference to ratings points. The standard average is Mass-produced with average across all the ratings. So let's start with that.

Production: Mass Produced
Size: Average
Weight: Average
Reload Speed: Average
Effective Range: Average
Rate of Fire: Average
Stopping Power: Average
Recoil: Average

Now, your production rating is Unique, that means we go from Mass > Minor > Limited > Semi-Unique > Unique. As you can see, you're reduced the production rating by 4, so you gain 4 ratings points to play with.

Production: Unique
Reload Speed: Average
(Ratings points: 4)

You kept the size and weight as average so we need to make no ratings adjustments due to that, but you did increase the reload speed to fast, which is rating up from average so our table now looks like this.

Reload Speed: Fast
(Ratings points: 3)

In order to increase the rating we've dipped into your pool and removed one of the ratings. Next up is effective range which you've kept as average so that doesn't make any changes to the ratings, however the rate of fire is set to Very high, which is two ratings above average which leaves our table looking like this.

Rate of Fire: Very High
(Ratings points: 1)

Next up is the stopping power of extreme, which is three ratings above average, which leaves the table looking like below.

Stopping Power: Extreme
(Ratings points: -2)

And finally the recoil, now a higher recoil is bad, so by putting it up to high you've actually added a rating back into the pool which leaves it looking like this.

Stopping Power: Extreme
Recoil: High
(Ratings points: -1)

As you can see, you are one rating away from being balanced right now. As always I can approve it right now, or you can adjust the ratings if you want to balance the sub to prevent future issues. Hopefully this explanation helped clear up the ratings points I was referring to.

[member="Taru Cadera"]

Raising the rate of fire actually pushes it further away from balance. The way to think about it is every positive rating, rate of fire, stopping power range, needs to be balanced by a negative rating. Currently you're 2 rating away from balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom