Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

East West

Samatharis

S
ogIB9Ws.jpg
Naral Valley
Kashyyyk

It was a wide river valley. Green fields surrounded by tall purple mountains. It had once been the property of a number of local farmers who worked the land for food. Now, it was just another far away river connection between outposts. Recreational and unused.

Diana was flying over the valley when her Wookiee prop-copter pulled a mechanical issue. She was force to set it down alongside the wide blue river in a large open field. As she dismounted the aircraft, she noticed that somebody had over fueled the copter. Causing the gas to spill over into another compartment and started a small fire. Which, had burned out nearly all of the electronics in that part of the ship. Damn.

Seeing as she was unable to restart the copter without causing more trouble. Diana was forced to use her phone to call for help. Alas, there was no cell service all the way out here. Heck. Probably not a single signal tower around for kilometers really. And she didn't have a sat-phone either.

Stranded as she was, Diana decided to knell down and take a more meditative position among the grass. It was the middle of the day and the sun was hot upon her back. Still, she closed her eyes and used the Force to reach out to any nearby Jedi in the area. Surely someone was like to be close enough that she could ping them for assistance.

With her eyes closed and her mind deep in the currents of the Force. The Jedi Master quietly searched for anyone nearby who might notice her magical SOS.

[member="Vaulkhar"]​

'Ven' hated his days off. He had come to enjoy his trivial job at the local dive bar more than he cared to admit. It gave him something to do outside of the routine exercises that Cotan had tasked him with. Unfortunately, the bar had been closed down due to recent affairs, so his new ally had sent him to find something out in the woods. Cotan's cryptic messages often left 'Ven' put off, but he never outright ignored him. It gave him the opportunity to explore the world outside of his apartment and the short ride to the bar.

Wind whipped at his hair, sending it dancing out behind him as his speeder bike darted between trees, large rocks, and other obstacles. Such a dangerous route sent a wave of excitement through him, powerful enough to bring genuine laughter bubbling forth. That same excitement nearly caused him to miss the sudden appearance of a force signature on his metaphysical radar. Though most of his memories abandoned him, his talent for feeling through the force had remained. It offered him a more enlightening view of his surroundings, something he desperately needed given his recent circumstances.

The speeder veered northward as he moved in the direction of the random signature. A few minutes passed before 'Ven' broke through the treeline and spied the abandoned farmlands. With a faint trail of smoke rising up from the distant copter, he raced towards it to determine the cause. As he neared, he slowed to a halt before hopping off the bike.

"Hey, uh, you alright?" 'Ven' strode over to Diana, though he kept a reasonable distance between them. "I felt your presence as I was riding through the woods. I'm not interrupting anything, am I?'

[member="Diana McClaine"]

Samatharis

S
Diana was busy attending to the smoking copter when Vaulkhar arrived. She'd noticed his approach minutes before and was thankful for a chance to break away from her meditation. The Force would usually do the rest.

"...Oh no, you're right on time. Hehe."

She pulled her hands away from the broken vehicle and walked across the grass. Happy to see a rescuer.

"Chopper broke down and took the radio with it. I had to send an SOS the old Jedi way. ...Which, by the way. Thanks. I know it was quite the detour."

She smiled openly and pointed to his bike. Despite his dress, she assumed him to be a Jedi. Just like most everybody running around Kashyyyk these days.

"Mind if I catch a ride back? I'm in a hurry and I'd rather not wait for the tow truck, if you catch my meaning."

She put her hands on her hips and nodded to the afternoon sun. Her long fuzzy trench coat seemed out of place for the weather but she was sure to be wearing an EV bodyglove expedition suit underneath it. Must have been a researcher or something.

The black smoke from the copter had settled down and drifted away as well. So I guess she a little bit of mechanic or firefighter in her too.

[member="Vaulkhar"]​

"Glad I made it, then," Ven stepped over to her chopper and examined it thoroughly. He had never really picked up the skills necessary to maintain ships, even small luxury vehicles. The best he managed was his own bike, which required plenty of research he happily invested. "Honestly, not sure why I even thought to take a look at your ride. I'm pretty sure you're ten times the mechanic I am," he offered both a smile and a laugh before he moved back to the bike. He stepped up beside it and gently pat the beast. "She's not the fastest or the newest model, but she is a beauty nonetheless."

Ven hopped onto the bike and scooted forward, offering her the majority of room on the bike. Though it was clearly designed to fit two, he wanted to ensure Diana was more than comfortable on the ride back.

"Name's Ven, by the way. Who might I have the pleasure of chauffeuring today?"

The speeder activated beneath him as he awaited her to hop on.

"Oh! Where we headed?"

[member="Diana McClaine"]

Samatharis

S
Diana hoped on and wrapped her arms around his waist.

"North. Towards Bristleback Pass. There is a Silver Supply Outpost just beyond the mountains in the village of Durnn. I can catch a ride back to base from there."

She twisted to look back at her hulking wreckage of a ship.

"...And maybe call a tow truck, while I'm at it. Hehe."

She settled in for a bumpy ride. Hopefully Val was good at making idle conversation. Otherwise, this was going to be a very long trip indeed.

[member="Vaulkhar"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom