Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EA and Star Wars

No thank you. EA Origin was the end of EA gaming, as far as I'm concerned. That and their terrible customer service. Not that LucasArts were a whole lot better, but even so, we want an improvement on the original. This feels like we're going backwards.

Flint Pherson

F
Put your money were your mouth is. I believe this is a good thing. Only the future will tell. :D

Ava Solborne

A
I think EA could create a good game... I haven't heard about the stuff you are talking, but I know they make good games. At least some of them are good (haven't played all of them, of course... :D).

The only good thing that comes out of the new EA deal is the fact that Dice might be one of the dev teams working on the new projects. Not even EA could ruin a SW FPS with the same graphics and gameplay mechanics of Battlefield using the Frostbite engine. Other than that possibility, I don't really expect too much.

The quality of any future SW titles is going to be highly dependent on what Developers EA decides to have a go at the IP. At least, in my opinion. Though the usual schpiel is to keep our heads down, expectations low, and brace for whatever nickle-n'-dime approach EA's going to set up.

Let's think about this.
If there were a Star Wars game that had an environmental design on par with Dead Space, with a multiplayer on par with Battlefield (hopefully without the screaming 12 year olds), and a story as good as Mass Effect (if we exclude the ending), then we have a good game, in my opinion.

Flint Pherson

F
Meh. Mob Tactics. They are committed to the industry. I expect a professional product delivered on a professional timeline by enthusiastic staff members. Whether anybody likes it or not? ...Personal taste.

IMMA WANTZ MY BATTLEFRONT 3!!! ZERGGG!!! :p

I hear however that it's been confirmed, EA has put Bioware in charge of making Knights of the Old Republic , finally. I also hear they're trying to run the Frostbite engine for Battlefront III, though this is yet unconfirmed.

To be quite honest LucasArts did not make too many great SW games themselves.

While 1313 looked interesting and potentially great, that was all looks. I remember the lead up and early info on Force Unleashed looked awesome as well. And while a fun game it certainly was nothing special or great. I would argue that the last genuinely fantastic SW game was KotOR and that was less LucasArt's responsibility as it was BioWare's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom