Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech E-21/07 "Cambiador" Blaster Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huxy

[ Message Received ]
brett-stephens-asset.png
E-21/07 "Cambiador" Blaster Rifle

[ OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION ]

• Intent: To create weapons for use by the Stormtrooper Corps of the Core Imperial Federation
  • Image Source:
    [X]

[*]Canon Link: N/A
[*]Primary Source:

[ PRODUCTION INFORMATION ]
  • Manufacturer: CIF Corps of Engineers
  • Affiliation: The Core Imperial Federation
  • Model: E-21/07 "Cambiador Blaster Rifle
  • Modularity:
    Underbarrel Mods
    Flashlight
  • Laser
  • Galven Coil Focusing Barrel (Decreases spread of Blaster Fire horizontally and vertically)
  • Bayonet (Cannot be paired with Galven Coil or Grenade Launcher)
  • Grenade Launcher (Manually Loaded; capacity of one)

[*]Sight Mods
  • Red Dot Sight
  • Holographic Sight
  • Recon Scope
  • Combat Scope
  • Combat Scope, 2x zoom
  • Combat Scope, 4x zoom
  • Ranged Scope, 8x zoom
  • Ranged Scope, 16x zoom

[*]Tripod Support

[*]
Production: Mass Produced

[*]Material:
  • Blaster Components
  • Durasteel
  • Electrical Components

[ TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS ]
  • Classification: Duel-configuration Blaster Rifle
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Average
    8.2 lb (3.72 kg)

[*]Ammunition Type: Tibanna Gas Canister
[*]Ammunition Capacity:
  • Four-hundred and Fifty Rounds per Gas Canister

[*]
Reload Speed: Average

[*]Effective Range: Average
  • Assault Rifle Configuration | Average
    Effective Range - 800 ft (243.84 m)
  • Maximum Range - 1,600 ft (487.68 m)

[*]Marksman Rifle Configuration | Long
  • Effective Range - 1,800 ft (548.64 m)
  • Maximum Range - 4,000 ft (1219.2 m)

[*]Rate of Fire: Average
  • Assault Rifle Configuration - Five-hundred rounds per minute (500 rpm) | Average
  • Marksman Rifle Configuration - Fifty rounds per minute (50 rpm) | Slow

[*]Stopping Power: Average
[*]Recoil: Average
[ SPECIAL FEATURES ]
  • Duel-Configuration Mode
    Assault Rifle (Standard)
  • Marksman Rifle

[*]Computer Enhanced Scope for Dark, Hazy, & Smoky Conditions
  • Night Vision
  • Thermal Vision

[*]Integrated Frontal Scanner (Viewing range of 35 Degrees)
[*]Stun Feature Mode
[*]Shield Piercing (Ion) Feature Mode
[*]Smoothbore Barrel

[ Strengths ]
  • + | Duel-Configuration Mode | +
  • + | Capable of Melting through Most Armors | +
  • + | Can pierce most Conventional Shields | +
[ Weaknesses ]
  • - | Marksman Mode requires One Minute of Set Up & Vice Versa | -
  • - | Overheating Issue | -
  • - | Clunky in Rifle Configuration | -
[ DESCRIPTION ]
  • The E-21/07 Multi-configuration Blaster Rifle or the "Cambiador" is a military-issue blaster rifle for use by the military force of the Galactic Empire. The Cambiador is one of many newly developed blaster rifles for use by the Empire and all of its loyal servants. Making use of a multi-configuration system, the rifle allows for a wide range of versatility on the field. It's standard issue, factory-produced assault rifle configuration is what is first pumped out. The assault rifle is the main configuration for all rifles, allowing for quick and efficient elimination of any enemy soldiers within a short-to-medium range of combat and view when in battle. The secondary configuration for the Cambiador rifle is that of a marksman rifle, allowing for the precise elimination of any enemy soldiers within a medium-to-long range of combat and physical view when in battle. The AR configuration of the rifle allows for quick, powerful, albeit inaccurate blasts of rapid laser fire to overwhelm the enemy.
  • To help with accuracy, there is a standard issue holographic scope. This very scope itself can 'transform' as well when it becomes a long-range rifle. The holographic sight will be slid forwards when the automatic, mechanical mechanism locking system is disabled to allow for the changing of weapon configurations. After being slid forwards, two thin curves pieces of metal interlaces with electrical wires and circuits will then automatically fold up and together on either side of the back of the holographic sight. All of these pieces then will magnetically and mechanically lock together to one another. The standard issue long range sight is that of a 4x view range. This can be changed with added weapon attachments, though at the cost of the automatic marksman rifle scope system of course.
  • There is an interior galven coil system located within the rifle which helps to focus the laser bolts produced from the tibanna gas canister. These galven coils help to focus excess energy into more singular bolts. This allows for the creation of a more powerful and hotter-burning blaster bolt to create and to be released from the rifle in both the AR mode and MR mode likewise. This type of system can be further improved on through the use of an exterior galven coil barrel attachment which helps to focus the energy even more though greatly drops the rounds-per-minute (RPM) of the rifle. For the assault rifle, it drops from 500 rpm to 150 rpm and for the marksman rifle it drops from 50 rpm to 10 rpm.

[member="Kraken Society"]

Good Morning, I'll be reviewing this sub today. Let me start of with saying this is cool, I love weapons that can switch between modes.

There are just a few things I want to run through with you to clarify.

Firstly, the ratings are currently ever so slightly unbalanced. The standard is mass produced and average, from there you add one rating and remove another (or add a significant weakness). In this case, you've set the reload speed to fast, but there is no balancing element to counter that increase.

Also, the other is just an
Kraken Society said:
Effective Range: Average Assault Rifle Configuration Effective Range - 800 ft (243.84 m) Maximum Range - 1,600 ft (487.68 m) Marksman Rifle Configuration Effective Range - 1,800 ft (548.64 m) Maximum Range -4,000 ft (1219.2 m) Rate of Fire: Average Assault Rifle Configuration - Five-hundred rounds per minute (500 rpm) Marksman Rifle Configuration - Fifty rounds per minute (50 rpm)
ease of reading suggestion.

In the above, I can understand that the average is a true average between the two configurations however instead of treating it like an average it might be easier if you broke down the ratings by each configuration. So for example as below.

Effective Range:

Assault Rifle: Average
Marksman Rifle: Long

Rate of Fire:

Assault Rifle: Average
Marksman Rifle: Slow

This way anyone looking over the weapon would easily be able to tell what it can do, and what they're dealing with.

As always, these are only suggestions, and if you wish I will approve the weapon as it stands.

Huxy

[ Message Received ]
[member="John Locke"]
I brought the reload speed down to average and I changed everything else as well in regards to rate of fire and range to better reflect what it is at a simple glance.

[member="Kraken Society"]

Thank you so much for doing that. I just have one thing I can see that might cause an issue in the future.

Kraken Society said:
Marksman Rifle Configuration | Long - Battlefield
At long range the weapon is balanced and I will happily approve it. At battlefield, it's still a little unbalanced but I can approve it as it is.

I would recommend you hold it at long range but if you let me know what you want to do we can wrap this up for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom