Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech DZ Conductor

Status
Not open for further replies.
200px-DwarvenMetalIngot.png
Image Source:

Intent: Create a Strong Conductive Metal to Export from Conglomerate Prime

Development Thread: If Needed

Manufacturer: Planet: Conglomerate Prime

Model: None

Affiliation: None

Modularity: Can be smelted with other metals to improve or change its composition.

Production: Limited

Material: Natural Element of the planet

Description: DZ was the operation name given to the strange copper like metal. Commonly found in Droizers as well as other power sources throughout the planets ruined landscape. The Metal is very conductive that it can absorb as well as exchange large amounts of electrical energy, from small electrical impulses to high levels of energy exchanged from a Blaster Bolt. It is estimated that a single gram of this metal can absorb or output massive amounts of energy. Weapons such as swords and batons can also be created out of the material, but it will mostly absorb all electrical power source it comes in contact with. It's is to say that unless crafted by master Bladesmiths, weapons made of this material are prone to not only electrocute the enemy, but just as hostile to the operator holding the weapon. The metal is brittle, making hard contact with other hard metals ultimately useless.

It was considered unbelievable difficult to mine, as low level electricity caused by the ore being drilled into caused the ore to retain energy at all times. Miners and droids were always shocked and sometimes electrocuted to death. It was considered better to take the unfilled batteries off dead Droizer, or even in ruins where the ancient race used the batteries for everyday life.

Primary Source:

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
<p>RESEARCH REVIEW<br /> <br />Star Wars Canon:<br />Pending initial review<br /> <br />Starwars Chaos: <br />Pending initial review<br /> <br />WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />Pending initial review<br /><br />WITH DEV THREADS<br />Pending Initial review<br /><br />SUGGESTIONS<br />Pending Inital review</p>

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]
Just a few things here

Jaster of Clan Awaud said:
Manufacturer: Planet: Conglomerate Prime
Can you link the planet in question, please?

Modularity: Modifiable like most metals
You'll need to be specific on this one.

Production: Rare
Sorry to nitpick, but the production levels are Unique, Limited, Minor, and Mass. You'll need to pick one. Rare would probably be equivalent to limited.

Material: Unknown, theorized natural in causing.
Material would be 'Metal' or 'Metallic Substance', not unknown. You might not know what KIND of metal it is, but it is metal and not ceramic or cloth.

Small generator sized power sources have been found to be nearly as powerful as Anti-Matter Hyperdrives and can be used to power ships engines as wells as power weapons in small quantities
This will need to be edited. First off, what most folks think of as a small generator is something like an emergency generator you keep for a building's back up or one that you use to power your refrigerator when the power goes out. That is not going to power a hyperdrive and, to put it bluntly, RL power lines carry voltage levels in the hundreds Megavolts. You would need 283 kilograms (converting ounces to kilograms, which by the way you need to put measurements in the metric system for the factory) of this metal just to reach 100 Megavolts (equivalent to the average power line IRL). Toss in that most starships use power levels far beyond that of anything we can produce currently in time and that weight could go up massively. The required power levels of a hyperdrive are unknown, but easily above anything we can produce currently. This metal acts as a battery that we can currently reproduce, albeit with different materials, in modern time and with standard methods. You would need a battery the size of the Empire State to do much to Star Wars power starship power sources and, even then, I'm not sure if it would work.

That brings me to the second part of this.

Weapons such as swords and batons can also be created out of the material, but it will mostly absorb all electrical power source it comes in contact with.
Until it reaches the maximum amount of energy capable of being stored. Once it hits around 10KV, it won't absorb any more energy which means that energy has to find a new place to go. Namely, the person holding the weapon. Even if you can discharge the energy periodically, you have to discharge it at certain levels to do so safely without harming yourself or damaging the weapon. If the amount of energy absorbed keeps stacking up over the amount of energy discharged, at worst you're now holding a weapon that doesn't protect against electricity and at worst you're now holding a bomb in your hand. If you want an example you would readily understand at a glance of what happens when the material's energy absorption levels are surpassed by the energy itself, take a look at your other submission here. (I'll be getting to that one after the gym, by the way. Little short on time right this second for more than just this sub.)

[member="Popo"]

Edited*

Planet not posted, told I was only alowed two post so not to overload the judges with content.

Also this metal is like Cortosis, exclusion that it is brittle and not only absorbs electrical energy but as well as conducts it to be exchanged to other metals.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

Planet not posted, told I was only alowed two post so not to overload the judges with content.
How do you mean? Do you already have two planets waiting for approval in the Codex? If this planet is not canon and isn't subbed and approved through the codex, you'll need to find a new planet. If it exists in canon or board canon, I'll need a link.

Also this metal is like Cortosis, exclusion that it is brittle and not only absorbs electrical energy but as well as conducts it to be exchanged to other metals.
That's fine, but that doesn't change anything in my initial post. Brittle and absorbs electricity is fine, but the listed edits will still be needed.

The Metal is couriouse that it can absorb as well as exchange large amounts of electrical energy, from friction to high levels of energy exchanged from a Blaster Bolt
I'm not certain if there was a spelling error or not here, but could you reword this?

It is estimated that a single gram of this metal can absorb or output massive amounts of energy, each increase of weight add to the input and output of the metal.
So the greater the mass, the greater its conductivity of heat & electricity is? Correct?

It can carries large amounts of electricity, enough so that a medium sized capital ship engine made of this metal is as powerful as a Anti-Matter Hyperdrive.
Could you explain what exactly this means?

It was considered unbelievable difficult to mine, as friction caused by the ore being hit or drilled into caused the ore to retain energy at all times.

Miners and droids were always shocked and sometimes electrocuted to death. It was considered better to take the unfilled batteries off dead Droizer, or even in ruins where the ancient race used the batteries for everyday life.
Friction and kinetic energy does not transfer into objects as electricity. The amount of friction present to produce electricity through friction would be around the same required in the atmosphere to cause lightning to occur, which is not present in drilling and manually hammering at an object.

It can carries large amounts of electricity, enough so that a medium sized capital ship engine made of this metal is as powerful as a Anti-Matter Hyperdrive. This allowed for a almost infinite power source as droids as well as ships could travel for a span of 1,000 years without the need to recharge.
This is going to have to go. As a metal, it conducts electricity, and at a certain point there is a sweet spot where the conductivity is low enough for the electricity to not be fully discharged in a matter of seconds to minutes, but it cannot be used as a raw material/metal as a battery like that. If you would like to submit a reactor using this and want to try to measure out how efficient that is you are free to do so once this is approved. In the mean time, anything in this submission that is implying its use as a reactor or power source needs to be removed unless it is vaguely highlighting the advantages of using it in the construction of reactors and power sources.

Weapons such as swords and batons can also be created out of the material, but it will mostly absorb all electrical power source it comes in contact with.
Once the threshold for energy is reached, or a sufficient amount of electricity is induced (and judging by how conductive this is, I'm going to say very little), all of that energy and electricity is going to do exactly what electricity normally does: seek the easiest, least resistant, way to the ground - i.e; whatever it is touching that is most conductive. Just throwing it out there that the air is less conductive than just about everything that would be holding it.

Please leave a cautionary note that energy and electricity will attempt to transfer to whatever is in contact with it, meaning this is a dangerous material to use for melee weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom