Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Duel Dynamic Entry (Arette vs Silas Westgard)

Arette

A
Location: Troposphere of Neshtab. Rapidly approaching Surface of Neshtab.
Relevant Parties: Arette Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

In the normally peaceful skies of Neshtab, above a normally peaceful little fuel-stop of a village, a dinky little freighter hissed in the air, spewing a trail of, admittedly beautiful, ionized gas behind it as it screamed.

"Em! We're losing altitude! Left Ion Drive is slag. Imperials hit us good, feth."

Onboard, a tall, lanky creature crawled out of a maintenance hatch, a smile on her face and a madcap laugh in her voice as she let loose a spraypen of Bacta beneath a rolled up sleeve. Grey-skinned skinned, grey-eyed, and grey-haired, her nigh-monochrome appearance made her otherwise drab brown longcoat absolutely pop with color. Still grinning, this creature spun around, grabbed a canister of fire suppressant, and - lurch! - narrowly avoided hitting her head against the wall as several Gs of force suddenly exerted themselves against her. She just laughed again, forcing herself into a standing position with the help of a nearby safety rail.

"Anti-grav systems are shot too! Chit, I'm not gonna survive a landing like this." A grunt of pain, and Arette, Apprentice of the Sith, simply grinned wider, and began the slow process of dragging herself along the wall towards the airlock. "M8-B3! Descend until we reach - feth! - approximately 150 meters from the surface, then straighten out!"

The reply came as a series of affirmative beeps from the ship's interior astromech socket, and Arette grit her teeth and held on to the airlock's equipment locker for dear life. Good timing, too, because just as she had, M8-B3, loyal companion and maniacal scrapheap, damn-near sent the ship into a nose dive for the quickest descent possible, jerking back horizontal to the surface with the same abruptness.

Arette mumbled something about "fething lunatic machine," under her breath, and after a second of fumbling with the equipment locker's door, grunted in frustration and simply blew the hinges out with a small Push. Too much of a hurry to deal with this chit, she thought, as she strapped on a respirator - didn't have time to get a read on this planet's atmosphere, not worth the risk and then punched a button next to the airlock. She hugged herself to a rail as the airlock slid open, and then screamed as loud as she could over the howling wind.

"Ping my datapad when you land this scrap heap! I'm gonna go meet the locals." She didn't hear what the droid responded with, or even if it did; Em was a smart droid, though, it'd figure it out. Probably.

Inching closer to the airlock, Arette peeked her head out and down. Could she pull this off? Yeah. Just gotta wait one second, and -

Any civilians curious enough to still be watching after the sudden nose dive would bare witness to a humanoid blur dropping like a lead weight from the back of the damaged freighter -

And promptly colliding with the ground, the impact zone exploding in a cloud of snow and ice shards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Objective: Wait for the ship to fuel up
Tags: Arette

"It will take ten to fifteen minutes at most to fill up, where are you headed?" the pilot said as he made sure the pump was secured tightly to the ship. Silas, who fastened up his jumpsuit and looked back to the crew member with a sheepish smile "I'm going to make myself known to the locals and if there's any chat going about. Keep your eyes out for anything out of place, Neshtab is no man's land when it comes to the galactic alliance and the empire" In response, the man simply nodded back to him calmly and went back to the maintenance of the ship, while the teen started making his way into the center of the village.

Silas treaded slowly down the marked paths and gazed curiously at all the activity going on around him. At this current time, there was a market going on that sold all kinds of things. Unfortunately, Silas didn't have any money at all to spend on anything. Some of the locals looked at him with intrigue more than fear as the ever noticeable hilt of his lightsaber poked from his pocket. However, few seemed more amazed by the fact a Jedi was with them than most.

"Are you a jediiiii?" a high pitched voice said from behind him. Silas sighed and slowly turned to face the small boy, who stared up at him with sparkling eyes "Yea... but whose asking? a spy for the nasty empire?" he teased, before gently ruffling the kid's hair. Thankfully, he seemed to see the funny side of it and giggle slightly, a sound that finally made the tired teen smile "Any talk in the town kid? anything strange going on?" the padawan asked, his arms slowly folding as he listened to see if the boy had anything of note to say.

Although, just as the boy opened his mouth a few screams came from afar as some of the villagers came running into the center. Without hesitation, he pulled out the lightsaber and put a hand on his shoulder "Go find somewhere safe, I'm going to go find out what's going on" he said to him with a reassuring smile before lightly pushing him along with the rest of the fleeing.

With a deep breath, Silas cautiously made his way into the very center to find out what was going on. Whatever was coming, he'd be ready...

Last edited:

Arette

A
Objective: Violence for the sake of violence
Relevant Parties: Arette Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

Silas almost certainly felt Arette before he saw her. Waves of emotion rolled out from her position, sending the pleasantly calm sea of the Force into something of a minor tumult. Terror, then exhilaration, then something more...troubling. Bloodlust. Waves of violent impulse, and the glee that came with knowing that soon it would be sated.

The cloud of frost and snow settled as the young Jedi approached, and as it did, revealed the source of the darkness; a young woman, respirator hanging from her neck, sitting smack in the center of the impact zone. She shook with silent laughter, and as Silas drew closer, she rose to her feet, rolling her shoulders. Like she'd just gotten out of bed instead of plummeted from a starship.

"Oh, good. I figured one of your ilk was what was giving me that migraine. Lucky, lucky me." The young woman grinned a wide, joyous grin, her eyes taking on the barest hint of sulfur as she stared at the young, approaching Jedi and twirled a sleek, black metal cylinder in her right hand. Lightsaber? "I haven't had that much fun nearly killing myself since the Academy. And I've got a Jedi on my hands? Here I was, worried I'd need to pester the locals for entertainment."

A blade of baleful crimson shot from the Sith's hand. Definitely lightsaber. Her stance shifted - right foot a few inches forward, knees bent slightly, saber in front of her, waist height, pointed up. Balanced, versatile opening position, not to mention incredibly common. Not enough to get a read on her style yet.

"But you look like much more fun than beating down whatever backwater militia they've got here." The Sith laughed, eyes remaining locked onto this random Padawan she'd decided was her timekiller for the afternoon.

"I am Arette, of the Sith Order, Jidai. Is that reason enough to show me a good time, or do I need to cause trouble before you'll dance?"

Objective: Confront the sith
Tags: Arette

Silas felt the wave of darkness hit him like a truck, one that didn't belong to any creature other than something sinister. That living thing was the very thing the Jedi were trying to eliminate, the sith. Without hesitation, he ignites his lightsaber and glares at the cloud of snow that was slowly disappearing to reveal a chilling figure. The teen could only glare at her with narrowed eyes as she sadistically laughed, keeping a close eye on the mysterious cylinder she held in her hand.

"I wouldn't count yourself lucky, sith..." he said back in a dry tone, his body looking calm and collected compared to everyone else in the village "The locals will not be for your entertainment, nor will I" the teen stated before finally raising the lightsaber in a defensive stance. He was unsure how powerful she truly was, but the fact she mentioned the sith academy made him think she had recently just come from there. At that moment, her crimson blade ignited before him. Of course, no sith's were there to simply talk.

The padawan glared at her stance and tilted his head slightly. She was doing a good job at hiding it for now, but sooner or later she'd have come at him and strike "You talk as if it's already set in stone when in reality you're talking yourself into your fate" Silas replied as he slowly sunk into a relaxed Sorusu stance in preparation.

"Well, Arette of the sith order. I will join you in this dance, you don't need to tempt me anymore" he said bravely back, a small grin appearing on the corner of his lips. Raising his hand, he motioned her to come at him.

"What are you waiting for? that landing knocked the bite out of you already?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom