Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Duties of the Family

-Shelved-

S
Rowena watched Saraya Arenais Saraya Arenais walk away, but instead of joining her, she just reached over for her wine glass and brought it up to her lips for a sip. There was a burden being put onto her daughter's shoulders and it seemed now that she was beginning to realize it. Yet her daughter was no longer a child and such burdens would be numerous in her lifetime. Especially now that she was set to become Queen.

"It has changed since my childhood. Each new leader brings a different type of direction. Yet their latest shows much promise. And with our family there to guide them, Illyria will prosper quite well. There are gardens and cities and countrysides. I'm sure that you won't be disappointed." Rowena has been more focused on the political atmosphere, as opposed to what the landscape is like. But Saraya wasn't quite ready for politics yet. But that was what her mother was there for. To guide her.

T A G | Rowena Arenais
Saraya was pleased to hear, at the very least, that Illyria possessed greenery. After a life on Mnemosyne, that aspect would have been particularly difficult for Saraya to leave behind. She had no doubts as to the prosperity of Illyria. With Adron beside her and she beside him, she was certain that more than just Illyria would benefit. She turned her gaze from the gardens to her mother and offered her a small smile. “I’m not sure I could be disappointed Mama, even if it were a wasteland of brimstone and cinder.”
There was an uncertainty to her tone all of a sudden. They didn’t often talk of boys, or romance, or love. In the grand scheme of things, they were of very little consequence to both women currently sat in the living room. Or at least, they had been for Saraya until she met Adron. “Did you feel this way about father?” She tilted her head slightly as she posed the question to her mother. “We met only once, yet I cannot shake the feeling that I’m drowning under the weight of my affection for him.” She cast her gaze down briefly, but it quickly returned to her mother and mentor.
“If anyone attempted to save me... Offering me a hand, or the release of fresh air, I would fight them with every last breath to remain under it.” It was intense, and she felt as though there were no words that could do it justice, but she had tried.

-Shelved-

S
Rowena's eyebrows rose as Saraya Arenais Saraya Arenais asked about her love for her Father. It wasn't her habit to divulge in such things, or to let anyone in on such a personal matter. Rowena learned in her youth of the need to keep matters close to the heart a secret. She took those lessons into adulthood. Everyone that encountered her only got a portayal of her personality. Only Bastin got to catch glimpses of the real her.

"You know me, Sara dear, I don't let on about such things. Your Father was an unexpected and pleasant surprise, however. Our marriage wasn't arranged, yet in some ways it felt planned. I married up, just as you could be. And that's all that we could ever hope for."

Rowena may not have produced a son, yet she still did well for House Arenais. And there was much more that she could still do yet.

T A G | Rowena Arenais
Saraya could not help but narrow her eyes at her mother. The answer she provided was not the one her daughter sought. Instead of pressing further, Saraya let out somewhat of a disgruntled sigh and turned her gaze back to the window.
Her mother talked of marrying up again, and Saraya felt the familiar pang of unease settling in her stomach. She wanted to warn her mother about the beast behind the man. About the possibility of her plans, whatever they may have been, being manipulated to his desire. However, Saraya could not and would never betray him in such a manner. It was the darkness and shadow within him that she so craved. Even the thought of doing anything that may have potentially remove herself from its embrace made her feel violently ill.
Another uncomfortable sensation followed, twisting her stomach in knots. Guilt, perhaps? That she would so readily allow her own mother to become a pawn in Adron’s game of chess?
“I suppose we ought to find something for you to wear to court too.” Saraya said, choosing not to think further on the previous matter. “If you are to go to Illyria… I doubt his court will allow him to take such a meeting alone.” She added quickly. “You’ll need to look your best.” Not that her mother ever looked less than her best.

-Shelved-

S
Rowena smiled within as Saraya Arenais Saraya Arenais let out her sigh. She knew what her daughter sought from her, yet kept anything personal; like desire; to herself. Duty was always first and foremost and if things went right, then it was her daughter's duty to have a son as soon as possible.

At the prospect of her shopping for herself, Rowena wasn't about to turn that down. "What a delightful idea. I could never say no to a new dress and accessories." She finished her wine and set her glass down on the side table before getting to her feet. "Come Sara dear, let us give ourselves ample time for shopping." Her hand was held out for her daughter to take, just as though she was a small child.

But she was much more than that. She was the girl that was about to be Queen.

T A G | Rowena Arenais
Saraya smiled, and despite it seeming rather genuine, it could not have been more false. The conversation with her mother had given her a lot to reflect upon, and not even the idea of shopping could shake the heavy weight that had fallen on her shoulders. Still, she would not allow herself to reveal it until the time was right. If ever.
Pushing herself off the windowsill, Saraya made her way over to her mother and slid her hand into hers. The action sent her right back to her childhood. To the days walking along the river, bathing in the hot summer sun, talking of everything and nothing. Saraya wondered if there would be anymore now that she was destined to be Queen.
Shooting her mother another smile, Saraya began the walk through the corridors, making sure to sweep up her book that lay waiting on the sofa on the way past. “Where shall we go first?” She asked her mother, a hint of excitement returning to her voice.

-Shelved-

S
Oh Rowena knew to read between the lines. And she could certainly read Saraya Arenais Saraya Arenais . Better get used to people not giving you exactly what you want, Sara dear, she thought. This was yet another lesson for her to pass on. And one that she'll be thankful for down the road.

But first thing's first. They had some shopping to do.

With hand in hand, Rowena led her daughter down the hall. "My favourite shopping district, of course. My darling Anita will be able to find us the perfect attire. She's quite talented and can tailor anything to fit. I swear that she'll be overjoyed at such news!" Anita was probably the closest thing that Rowena had to a friend. But these days one could never be too careful.

T A G | Rowena Arenais
Anita was familiar to Saraya. For as long as she could remember the woman had been garbing her in the finest dresses and outfits a little girl could hope to wear. Beautiful fabrics in all colours of the rainbow, with sparkles and sequins as far as the eye could see. Of course, Saraya’s taste in fashion had grown alongside her. Sequins were not her thing anymore. She had found her own sense of style, but it had all been thanks to Anita.
Saraya once again found herself marginally cheered up by the fuss Anita was sure to make over the tantalising piece of gossip they were bringing her.
“I’ll put my book back into my room and find something more appropriate to wear.” She said as her feet slapped gently against the marble floors. “I’ll meet you outside.” She flashed her mother a quick smile as the door to her room drew near. Breaking their hold on each other, Saraya disappeared behind the door to prepare herself for a shopping trip to remember.

-Shelved-

S
Rowena nodded as Saraya Arenais Saraya Arenais headed off. She didn't need to get dressed for heading out for what she was wearing was already appropriate. Only for dinner would she find herself needing to change her style of clothing.

As if on a casual stroll, Rowena found herself walking through the hall of their apartment and heading outside, feeling as though life was going to change for the better. It wasn't as though things were bad at all, for both Bastin and herself had done very well for their family. But things were going to improve on that even further. Bastin would need to be reigned in a bit, but she could handle that. More than likely his duties would only be ceremonial anyways, just the way that he liked it. Her husband loved getting offworld and going after those that needed to be put in their place. As always, Rowena would take care of everything and she really didn't mind at all. It was what she lived for and what she had always done.

A covered speeder awaited them, and Rowena took her seat inside on the plush cushioned chairs, checking over her datapad as she waited for her daughter to arrive.

T A G | Rowena Arenais
Saraya took the moment or two of privacy she found in her room to heart. The minute the door shut behind her, she leant against it and breathed out a heavy sigh that shook her ribs. A soft thud echoed against the walls as her head lopped back to hit the carved wood. In the space of an hour or less, Saraya had gone from an unassuming, second-rate royal to something that had been beyond her wildest dreams.
But with her mother now invested in the case, it would not be long before Saraya’s fairy tale became reality. Before she would be able to devote her entire self to the man and the beast. Saraya closed her eyes and allowed the darkness to flood her vision.
After the second or two of reflection, Saraya pushed herself off the door and placed her book back on her bedroom shelf. It took her two minutes to change into something that was more appropriate for a shopping trip, and before the speeder’s engine even had time to cool, Saraya had appeared at the passenger door. She slipped herself in beside her mother and nestled into the soft feather stuffed seat with a true smile on her face. The speeder shuddered as it kicked into gear, setting them off toward the shopping district.
“How long do you think it will be before father is back?” Saraya quizzed her mother curiously, turning her gaze to look at her. “Should we pick something out for him to wear to court too?”

-Shelved-

S
Moments after Saraya Arenais Saraya Arenais entered the speeder, it started to the shopping district.

Rowena turned to her daughter, folding her hands on the lap of her crossed legs. Even when in a speeder, her posture was poised as though she was in a sitting room. "I'm not sure of his exact arrival date. He said that he wouldn't be long and I hold him to that like always. But there's no need to shop for him, Sara dear. I've already got an outfit for him. He has never had the opportunity to wear it yet, but he'll do so now."

She wasn't going to let Bastin go to court just yet, however, especially before meeting the man that could be his future son-in-law. That was far too risky.

T A G | Rowena Arenais
It was most certainly in both Saraya and her mother’s benefit that Bastin was currently away on business. Saraya imagined the lead up to his return would give her mother plenty of chances to think about how she was going to word it all.
The rest of the journey, they took in silence.
The green trees and fields of Mnemosyne held an odd appeal today. As the zipped by the window in a blur of colour, Saraya found herself oddly mesmerised by them. It was as though she knew that they would not be a part of her daily routine for much longer. The sensation was a strange mixture of sadness and elation. Mnemosyne would always be her home, but there were far greater landscapes waiting for her in the future.
By the time the speeder pulled up in front of the store, Saraya was more than ready to drown her worries in little retail therapy. Sliding out from her seat, she waited patiently by the side of the speeder for her mother to exit.
"It feels like it's been an age since I've seen Anita." Saraya commented mindlessly..

-Shelved-

S
Rowena didn't mind the silence. She welcomed it for there just wasn't enough of it in her life. And there certainly wasn't going to be much of it in the future.

Once they arrived, she stepped out of the speeder and took in the air. As always she could pick out the lovely smell of fresh fabrics.

"Oh she hasn't changed a bit, Sara dear. But she'll be glad to see you." And without further ado, Rowena walked into the shop, only to be met at the door by Anita.

"Darlings! So wonderful to see you!" She approached the pair with light hugs and dainty kisses on their cheeks. "Now what can I help you find today? The tea's all ready for you."

"Our little princess here has caught the eye of a King."

Anita gasped, silent for a second or two before she smiled broadly. "Well forget about the tea, let's have some champagne! And let's find you something to win his heart, hmm?"

Saraya Arenais Saraya Arenais

T A G | Rowena Arenais

Watching her mother step out from the shuttle, Saraya offered her a smile. It was nice to hear that some things remained constant and that Anita was one of them. “I’ll be glad to see her too.” As Rowena began to walk, Saraya joined her, slipping her arm into hers as they went.

Before they could even step into the door, they were greeted by Anita. A voluptuous woman with pearly white teeth and a scarlet red smile. Saraya accepted her hugs but turned her eyes on her mother to answer the question. “Not just any king…” She added as Anita took her by the hand and led her into the store. It was no less than extravagant inside. It had to be, to cater to the type of people Rowena and Saraya were. They were guided to a large, private changing room lined with plush sofas. At Anita’s motioning, Saraya sat herself town. One ankle slipped neatly behind the other, back perfectly straight, hands laid daintily in her lap.

A mirror image of her mother.

“Well then, don’t keep me in the dark.” Anita said as she popped the cork on an expensive bottle of champagne. “Tell me all about him.” An excited gleam overtook Saraya’s gaze. For a moment or two, she could watch nothing more than the golden champagne filling the flutes till the bubbles threatened to spill over. The night she and Adron shared was still hers, and she was loathed to share the intimate details of it with unworthy ears. Anita turned to hand a flute to her mother, and then one to her, with an expectant expression on her rounded face.

“Good things come to those who wait.” Saraya said with a smirk on her lips as she indulged in her first sip of champagne. “And we’re going to need far more than one dress.”

-Shelved-

S
"Right. A King that'll lift the family even higher in position and status, just as it was meant to be."

Rowena took the champagne in hand and then sat herself down on the sofa, poised and graceful as always. She nodded in approval as Saraya Arenais Saraya Arenais cared to remember her lessons and followed suit.

"Anita, darling she's going to need an entire wardrobe. Spare no expense. She'll need dresses for the Royal Court, gowns for balls and celebration events, and of course evening wear to entice her love interest." She didn't want his eyes to stray, afterall. Kings were nortorious for their love affairs and infidelity, not to mention a slew of bastard children. Rowena didn't want her daughter to be a part of such scandal and heartbreak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom