Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PeDBdX2.jpg

[SIZE=9pt]OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Intent: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]To create a military contingent within a collective of Trandoshans that have left Trandosha in search of opportunity after their home was incorporated into the Silver Jedi Order's territory.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Image Credit: Resized from here.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Role: Trandoshan Mercenaries[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Links: Trandoshan[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]GENERAL INFORMATION[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]COMBAT INFORMATION[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Availability: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Rare.[/SIZE]
  • Deployment: Limited.
  • [SIZE=9pt]Strengths & Weaknesses: [/SIZE]
+ Extensive Arsenal: Due to the wide range of weaponry used by the Trandoshans, and the trade they have chosen, the Dusk Claw Mercenaries are heavily armed with a variety of weaponry to serve all situations.

+ Thermal Vision: Like others of their kind, the Dusk Claw Mercenary Trandoshans possess the ability to hunt in thermal should the environment not permit clear visibility.

+ Regenerative Ability: Limited only to the younger members of the Mercenaries, many of the Dusk Claw Mercenaries possess the Trandoshan ability to regenerate lost limbs due to their youth.

- Mercenary: While they serve as regiments in service of the Galactic Empire's Rear Admiral, the Dusk Claw Mercenaries lack any kind of traditional military training. They fight as hunters and warriors, not as soldiers, on the battlefield and will take action accordingly.

- Cold Blooded: Due to the reptilian nature of the Trandoshan, the Dusk Claw Mercenaries do not fight well in climates of extreme cold. Unless properly prepared for such climates they will suffer and perform less than optimal.

- Lightly Armored: Unlike other military units in the Galactic Empire, the Dusk Claw Mercenaries wear light armor or custom flight suits due to their unique hand and foot structures. This can pose a problem in combat as they do not sport, if any, weapon resistances.
  • Description:
Their culture was combat, their people often participated in bounty hunting, smuggling and slaving, it was only a matter of time before they became restless. Enter the Dusk Claw Mercenaries: Adverse to the nature and beliefs of the Silver Jedi and hungry for the next hunt that might be presented to them. It was this very nature that drove them, along side thousands of culture driven Trandoshan civilians, to leave their home world in search of prospects and opportunities beyond the reach of the Silver Jedi and their allies.

Not only had they moved into their territory with their Jedi ways, they had also chosen to take up roots on the planet of Kashyyyk: Home of the Wookiees; the Trandoshans lifelong enemies.

An endeavor that would bring them across the Imperial Rear Admiral, Thrael. Noting their capability in combat, hunting and unique abilities, the Chiss welcomed them under his wing in his small but capable corner of the Galactic Empire. Thousands of Trandoshans accounted for, they were placed in various positions within the Rear Admiral's ranks; though they were mercenaries time would teach them to act beyond such a course.

So long as the thrill of the hunt was provided.

The Dusk Claw Mercenary contingent consists of a large number of ready and willing, combat trained Trandoshans.

Among the ranks of the Mercenaries are the contingent's commanders, commandos, marines, infantry and scouts. While there are no traditional ranks outside of commander and subordinate, the hierarchy stands similar to that of a military regiment.

Netherworld

[member="Mitth'rae'leios"]

Mitth'rae'leios said:
- Limited Contacts: While the Dusk Claw Mercenaries serve the Empire and are from Trandosha, the current control of the Trandoshan System being under SJO control limits the Dusk Claw to the Imperial network alone with limited contact, if any, to their home world.
  • How is this a weakness?

Mitth'rae'leios said:
The Dusk Claw Mercenary contingent consists of a rough estimate of over a thousand ready and willing, combat trained Trandoshans. (This number is flexible, I would like to add more due to the nature of this submission and it's underlying context)
Mitth'rae'leios said:
Availability: Rare. Deployment: Limited.
  • These two don't really fit together. Given their power level, I'd suggest keeping them at Rare & Limited.
  • If you'd rather have higher numbers, you're going to have adjust the two fields accordingly, as well as their Strengths and Weaknesses.

Changed the weakness from limited contacts to lightly armored. I realize the original weakness wasn't so much a weakness as it was a limitation, whereas armor comes to a weakness in many more situations.

The parenthesis was a note, I'm trying to ask what the cap for a rare and limited unit would be. Whether it be hundreds or thousands. I can change the availability if the cap needs to be accommodated for. I wasn't trying to state that the number was flexible in that it could change in play.

[member="Netherworld"]

Netherworld

[member="Mitth'rae'leios"]

The new weakness works very well, thank you.

As for exact numbers, we typically try to avoid them altogether, as they can lead to unfortunate situations of the "my unit is bigger than your unit" type.

For estimates' sake, Limited deployment units are usually considered to be in the hundreds.
Going over a thousand would be more in Minor territory, which'd require some changes to the sub.

Decide what fits your idea for these guys better and tag me when you've made the edits. :)

[member="Netherworld"]

I think I'll keep it as it is for now, I simply removed any numbers regarding quantity outside of the Limited status. Thank you for the information, I'll keep it in mind for the future when creating future submissions.

For now, this one's where I want it to be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom