Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Duramesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
42747616a1cba7f1bd7b6fd1fb3c9bb7.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To submit an engineered material to be used in later Locke and Key submissions.

• Image Source: Voith Infinity

• Restricted Missions: N/A

• Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION

• Name: Duramesh

• Manufacturer: Locke and Key Mechanics

• Homeworld (optional): N/A

• Production: Mass-Produced. (Anyone.) Characters refer to NPCs & PCs.

• Affiliation: Closed-Market (Any character can use this if they have explicit permission through, for example, a marketplace purchase),

• Modularity: No

• Material:

Protera

• Duraplast

• Carbon Fibre

PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS

• Classification: Textile

• Weight: Heavy

• Resistances:

Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): High

• Kinetic: Average

• Lightsabers: High

• Sonic: Low

• EMP/ION: High

• Elemental: Very Low

• Biological/Acid: Very Low

• Radiation: High

[*]
Color: Black

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Mesh of Protera and Duraplast fibres allowing for the best of both materials to be combined.

• Threaded through with Gold Fibre bundles
Strengths:

• Blaster Resistance: The defensive ability of the Duraplast and the Protera combine in a mesh providing the best of both materials, and giving the resultant material a high resistance to [SIZE=9pt]blaster fire[/SIZE].

• Lightsaber Resistance: As a [SIZE=9pt]material[/SIZE], Duraplast has some resistance to lightsabers. While not a truly lightsaber resistant material Duraplast has better resistance than average armour, and passes this on to the mesh.

• EMP/Ion Resistance: Current e-textiles threaded through with carbon fibre provide an element of shielding from Electromagnetic Forces. The gold fibre running through the Duraplast provides the fabric with the same level of protection, affording it increased protection from EMP and Ion based attacks.

• Radiation: Duraplast natively has significant radiation resistance, and is used to provide Radiation shielding. While the mesh doesn’t provide the same level of resistance as a wall of the metal, it does provide a significantly superior level of protection when compared to other materials of this type.

• Kinetic Resistance: The strands of Duraplast which make up the mesh retain the properties of the metal they were spun out from, allowing the Mesh to resist kinetic strikes, preventing most strikes from penetrating the material.

• E-textile: The material contains bundles of spun gold fibres running through it sandwiched between the mesh of Duraplast and Protera. Gold Fibres are extremely electrically conductive (And are currently used in smart textiles) allowing the bundles to carry power through the textile itself.
Weaknesses:

• Kinetic Resistance: Although the mesh is able to mostly prevent kinetic attacks from penetrating the mesh it is unable to mitigate the force of the impact which will still be passed through the mesh. Like any soft body armour it will spread the force over a small area. [SIZE=9pt]However[/SIZE] the strike of a bullet would still impart enough force to cause trauma.

• Sonic Resistance: In the same way that the force of a kinetic strike [SIZE=9pt]cannot[/SIZE] be mitigated by the armour, a sonic attack is all about the impact created. The Duraplast Mesh functions as a cloth, albeit an armoured one, meaning that an impact strike will deform the cloth, pressing it against its wearer and transferring the impact. The density of the metal strands might mitigate this somewhat, but the sonic attack is one of the most effective means of countering the mesh.

• Elemental Resistance: The Mesh is designed to act and feel like a cloth, a thin piece of material and is therefore very ineffective against any kind of elemental attack, be it extreme heat or extreme cold.

• Biological/Chemical Resistance: The mesh structure of the material provides a rough surface at the microscopic level, allowing any biological or chemical agents to gain a hold on the surface of the material and work their way through.

• Lighting Resistance: The gold fibre bundles that provide the armour with it's resistance to ion strikes and the ability to operate as an e-textile also provides it with a weakness to lightning, such as that thrown by a Tesla coil, Sith Lightning or Electric Justice. The gold carries the charge, spreading it across the surface of the material instead of protecting you from the strike it spreads the energy over your entire body.
DESCRIPTION

In the end, all creations come down to the materials they use, how capable those products are. Locke and Key had, for the longest time, been depending on the materials provided by others to develop their products, a policy that had served them well so far. [SIZE=9pt]However[/SIZE], with the creation of the Duramesh they took the step beyond just using others materials to develop a material designed specifically for their needs. A material with superior defenses, they knew going into it that there would be disadvantages and to the material, but felt that they could use this opportunity to create a material that exactly suited their needs. The weaknesses were things they just had to accept.

The Neuramesh has 2 major parts, the mesh, and the gold bundles which run through it.

The Mesh

The mesh is a textile composed of strands of spun Duraplast fibre interwoven with strands of the Protera fabric developed by Daehan Industries (I have OOC permissions from the company owner to use the fabric). The mesh allows the material to take from the best part of both it’s formative materials. Both provide a high level of blaster resistance to the fabric, while the Protera leaves the material soft enough to bend and twist along with a users body.

The Gold

The gold fibre bundle give the Duramesh two advantages. Firstly it allows it to act as [SIZE=9pt]a e-textile[/SIZE], able to transfer power and data through the network passing through the cloth. This alllows any internal systems in the suit to easily gain the power to work and pathways to communicate with one another. It is to be noted that this isn’t the same level of power as a full on power cable, but is enough for a display screen or body sensor, something that only draws a light power supply.

Articles Cited

https://science.howstuffworks.com/body-armor1.htm

http://www.fibtex.lodz.pl/48_13_47.pdf

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4168435/

Hello, i'll be your judge today.

First off,

John Locke said:
Average, Heavy,
Please pick one weight. Seeing as how heavy Neuranium is, I'd go with very heavy.

John Locke said:
Gold Fibres are extremely electrically conductive
this suggests that the armor should have a weakness to electrical based attacks such as force lightning, please add this to weaknesses.

[member="John Locke"]

[member="Adron Malvern"]

Firstly, thank you for looking at my submission.

My apologies for the weight mix up, that was a holdover from the draft that got by me. I have adjusted it to Heavy. As you say, if this was a pure Neuranium mesh then it would be Very Heavy due to the density of the Neuranium. However this is a composite mesh of Neuranium and the fabric Protera, so it's not quite as heavy as the Pure Neuranium is. I do envisage it as a heavier fabric and so have placed the Neuramesh in the middle ground between the two.

The lightning Weakness has been added, I'd assumed that it falls under the Elemental, but reading it again I didn't say that.

Please let me know if the changes are sufficient or if you'd like me to revisit them.

[member="John Locke"] [member="Adron Malvern"]
Neuranium is a restricted material and will not be approved above semi-unique without a tier 6 company, and will not be approved above limited at all.

[member="Lily Kuhn"] | [member="Adron Malvern"]

My apologies, I had missed that it was on the RM list. I have redone the submission to use Duraplast instead of Neuranium. Is it possible for someone to rename the thread title to Duramesh instead of Neuramesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom