Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Durable Cortosis (ask)

Elaine knew it was only a matter of time before she would be asked to fight again, and knew if she as to be any use she needed the right equipment. It was time to remake her armour, so she was ready for what ever came her way. She decide she would have to remold her old armour, and add to it. She wanted cortosis to form part of armour, so it could protect her hand and forearms.
il_570xN.289432121.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/market/steel_armor
https://img1.etsystatic.com/000/0/6627432/il_570xN.289432121.jpg

To this end she head to planet duro, there she would begin mining operations to help toward this part of the armour.

Elaine landed on Duro, where she had made a deal with the local governor so she could mine. She did not have t pay much in credits, though she would have to for pay some as took ore. He was more interested in arms deal, as his world was quite close to sith space. This was something she could relate too, as the one sith where nothing but bunch of savages with manners. She headed over to his compound, with her creates of arms. The heavier stuff would be shipped over later, this was the fist shipment. She also had some of her trainers with her, to show his men how to use the weapons, while they would get the hang of quickly it was always nice to be shown where everything was.

The governor met her at the gates of his compound, and someone showed her men where they need to put the creates. she was shown where to have tiffin, a break all true nobles had. They took it on his balcony where he talked politics, and crying poverty he was after a better deal. Though she knew she may have to offer him more later, though for know she had no idea if this mine would be profitable. Though she did listen to whine, just to be polite and for the fact he made an excellent cup of tea.

As she was just finishing tiffin off, his man came back with her commander, Yes everything in order Governor Kolchelo. He then looked at Elaine and told her, You may commence mining, but remember I want howlers when you get cortosis. She looked back at him with slight smile No I wont forget, the next shipment. Then she finished her cake off and added, If there nothing else, I have a mining operation to start. He waved his hand at her, as if to say feel free to go. She got up and gave him slight bow, and then head back to the mining would begin.

As she got there her droids had been unloaded, and where ready to begin mining. She had a some construction droids here as well, they would build the ore processing unit and some other building for storage. She watched anxiously as the first the droids began to borrow into the earth, as this was crunch time for her. She still did not know if her investment would pay off.

The drills made there way into rock, and began carving out large lumps of stone. They would take a week to get to the level that cortosis ore was found, then the processing would begin. Though while the mine head was being started, the building had to be built and the blast furnace had to made. This also need a major power supply, which was being built on here on site. As to help provide work for her exiled Alderain people, which she felt responsible for, the final processed ore would be sent there for molding. Though that was a different task, she also liked her knew world it was new and had raw energy coming of it.

Though as she though about it, she saw the first of the ware house go up, and a perimeter fence was made. This was stop people wandering in, especially teenager as the ore was deadly if breathed in. This was a risk she was unwilling to take, as it bad publicity and she lose cortosis in the process.

About a week later the outer building had been assembled, and the security perimeter had been built. The mining droids had dug down, and reached the level ore would be found at. As they where digging a mini mono rail track was being built, this was to bring the ore up. The ore was being transferred in to sealed containers, whilst in the mine by droids. This was so none toxic dust would come above ground, as the sealed containers came out of the mine. They went through a show system, this was so any dust on the container was washed off. The whole operation was clean as it could be, as she did not want the bad publicity. Then they where sent into the warehouse, to be checked to see if they contained cortosis ore. This was done by people with scanners, they where wearing a nbc suit to protect them from dust. At the end of there shift, which was only four hours long, they had to go through a decontamination process, so the dust would not leave the wear house.

They where begging to get enough ore to start the smelting, and the bast furnace was almost ready. It had taken awhile for it to get to heat required to begin smelting. Though as soon as the ore went in, you could soon see the separation of rock and the metal. This brought her a knew problem to be resolved, where to put the spoil and slag from the mine. As it still could be toxic, as no system was hundred percent effective.

She decide to have shipped to local moon in the system, the moon had no atmosphere and nothing living on it. This was the perfect place for long term storage, of highly toxic rubble. Though she would need a shipping company to help with this, so she looked at the market and found one to ask.

After trying to get shipping company to remove the spoil, to a local moon. As well as getting the cortosis in useable form back to her company headquarters, so she could begin making some wrist guards as part of her armour she planning to make. Though she was having another issue, thanks to sag heap being build up though safely contained, the locals did not like it.
They were demanding an inspector visit and do something about it, so she was going to have to meet him, worse still it was going to interrupt tiffin time.

As she met the inspector, he insisted he took the tour with her, and was tiffin time. He inspected every container of toxic spoil, did air quality test and checked the water coming out of the planet. After all this they came back to her office, where he told her Your planet has passed, however to be certified as passed you need to pay me two thousand credits. His voice was smug, as he figured he had er over a barrel. You don't need that money, your honest inspector from now on. She waved her hand, and used mind trick on him. I don't need that money, I going to be a honest inspector from now on. He said back to her, and then handed her the certificate, which she sent to press to try put the locals at ease.

Next day he closed serval shop in the town who have been bribing him, and he was later in prison for accepting bribes. Though that was mainly as he did not give the local governor a cut.

After another week she finally managed to get a contractor in, to start shipping the toxic slag from the warehouse. It was a local company, but they were quite happy for the business. They were also had the appropriate gear to make sure it was done safely. This also helped improve her image on the planet, as they were employing more local labour. This also helped delay the fears of her trying to make some toxic hazard for the locals, since they were now in charge of disposal of the substance.

She know need to find another company, to transport the cortosis blocks to her armoury at her company headquarters. As this company and it's hands full with the toxic slag, and they did not have the manpower to do delivery runs to her home world. So she began looking for another transport company to ship her metal. This would also have to trusted name, as the cargo was expensive. She need to start making her wrist and hand guards soon, so she started to scan through the holo net looking for a good company to make a delivery runs for her.

She had got a contracted sorted out with [member="James Justice"] of justice shipping, he was going to transport the finished products to her armours on Elysian. She watched over as the first of the shipment was loaded, onto his freighters. His men were busy she had warehouse, with shipping containers in it. As well as cortosis, she had other metals she managed to extract from the mine. Though mainly Durasteel as well as some Electrum, this would be used to help construct a dueling armour. As she watched the first of the shipments move, go into space it was time for her to hire someone to look after the mine.

She was decide it was best to hire one the corrupt governor sons, so she would get less hassle from him. This would have issues, so she made sure while he was the for manger. He was overseen by one her trusted security personal, and he had t answer to accountants. So if he did start overstepping his role, she soon know about it. Though that was how it had to be, to make business work, you had to grease some palms know and again.

After finishing her affairs on Duro, it was time to head home. She hitched a lift on one James freighters to save money, as she was had spent a lot recently getting this mine up and running. She stood near one view screens, as they took off she wanted to watch the lines as they went into hyperspace. She could not exactly know why, but it made her feel really nice inside. Like she was going somewhere, which she was doing in a way. She then went to her cabin to have tiffin, and relax as still takes a while for ship to get home.

Soon she was back home, with her fellow exiles and it was time to see what they had made. It was wrist guards they had outer layer of durasteel, though a cortosis core. So if they got hit by lightsaber, it would melt the Durasteel and hit the Cortosis metal, which in turn would knock out the lightsaber. This would give whoever was using the armour an advantage during the dual, as they would have blade, and there opponent would not.

She then watched as they began producing them, to be combined with phrik weave she had made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom