Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dunpai Defense Platforms

Status
Not open for further replies.
narn_god_by_amras_arfeiniel-d3340qt_zps7d30c55b.jpg

Intent: To provide the Galactic Empire with a mass produced defensive space station for major worlds.
Development Thread: None
Manufacturer: Imperial Shipworks
Model: Dunpai Defense Platforms
Affiliation: The Galactic Empire
Modularity: None
Production: Mass Produced
Material: Durasteel
Description:

Dunpai Defense Platforms are cheap and easy to produce in thousands, allowing them to be placed not only in orbit around a planet but throughout the system. Defensively their shields are equivalent to a corvette, relying more on their numbers to be effective as their lack of mobility makes them easy targets.

The stations have three weapon bays that can be equipped with either a concussion missile unit containing ten missile launchers, three long range heavy ion canons, or a quad heavy turbo laser battery. Standard configuration has one of each.

The stations are unmanned, their weapons are instead controlled by a series of droid brains working on conjunction to control each major system. Targeting priorities are fed to the stations remotely by the system's defenders, and will continue to target any designated targets that come into range even if connection with the main system defense network is lost. Like any computer connected to a network that exists in this Galaxy, it can potentially be hacked.

Classification: Space Station
Role: System Defense Platform
Height: 180 meters
Width: 200 meters
Length: 200 meters
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Solar Ionization Reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: N/A
Minimum Crew: None
Optimal Crew: None
Armaments

(3) Weapon Bays

Weapon Bay Options

(10) Concussion missile launchers with 100 missiles or
(3) long range heavy ion canons or
(1) Quad turbolaser battery

Non-Combative Attachments:

(5) interlinked droid control brains
Shield projector
subspace transceiver

Passenger Capacity: None
[SIZE=11pt]Cargo Capacity:[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] None
Consumables: None
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: 10[/SIZE]

Other Space Kaiden

Better than other-other space Kaiden
@[member="Akio Kahoshi"]

There are a few things that need to be addressed

• First off, I'd like to see this shot down to minor. The complexity of this system would be anything but cheap and there is no way that any nation could pump out these things like water. I'd say that no more than a handful would be seen at one time.
  • Looking at the picture provided and the fact that it uses so many droid brains makes me doubt that a hyperdrive could be added to it. Plus, it is a defense station and it doesn't need to move around a lot. Make it moveable by tugs only, please.
  • Armament is another issue, way too many guns for my liking. I would like to see this cut down to a single weapons bay that can hold either 5 Missile launchers, 1 long-range heavy Ion Cannon or a double heavy turbo.
  • There needs to be mention of the signal used to control the station being open to hacking and uploading of viruses. While the droid brains could prevent extensive hacking, a quick virus upload could shutdown weapons, shields or both for hours.
  • You also need to specify what kind of shields this thing is running on, energy or ray? One or the other, but not both.

Let me answer the points in order.

• The purpose of this is to be built cheaply and in large numbers, given its size and limited armament. It is intended to be cheaper than a normal starship of similar size, and since it lacks life support or any of the other amenities a crewed ship requires it should not cost much. Droid brains, after all, are cheap enough that everyone can own more than one entire droid.
  • It does not have a hyperdrive rating.
  • I based weapons bays entirely off the image. It shows three weapon sections, so I gave it three. The only one not based off the image is the turbolasers, which is the third side not shown.
  • I can add a blurb about hacking if needed, though I imagine it would stand for any ship on this site rather than just this individual piece.
  • Ray shields are just one type of energy shield, the other type being particle shielding. All military (and most civilian) ships have both ray (for blacking attacks) and particle (for blocking micrometers and radiation) shielding.
@[member="Krag"]

Other Space Kaiden

• Droid Brains in Infantry units and starfighters are going to be different than that of brains controlling a capital ship sized defense station. Secondly, it is a defense station and that means only a limited number will be needed and for balancing reasons I'm standing firm on making this minor.
  • My bad, I meant the sub-light rating.
  • I understand that that you based it off of the picture. However, I can't approve a station like this that can slip by fleeting rules and is so heavily armed. To even consider that, I would require a major scale down in armament. My suggestion would be to find another picture or just suck it up with what you got.
  • Any ship is vulnerable to hacking, yes, but when it is manned by organics it would have little to no effect and even major malfunctions could be solved. A droid is just a machine and machines are easily broken. Regardless, you did put in a blurb on it so I will call this good.
  • My terminology was off, but your definitions are as well. Ray shielding is used for blocking plasma and laser based weaponry as well as deflecting radiation, particle shields are used to deflect kinetic strikes and other solid objects. Due to balancing issues, I ask that you pick one or the other and I'd recommend Ray Shielding.

Everything being done is to assure balance, I ask that you make these edits and then mention me after they are complete. @[member="Akio Kahoshi"]

Other Space Kaiden

@[member="Akio Kahoshi"]

Due to the fact that this has had no attempted edits after nearly 4 days of waiting and the extensive edits required I am going to deny this for now. If you wish to second chance this, feel free.

rejected.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom