Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Dunes and Deals

wb1.png
TAGS:
B0-OM B0-OM
alexboarder.png

The twin suns of Tatooine blazed down on the endless sea of sand dunes, casting a golden glow over the arid landscape. Braze, a young Jedi Padawan, found himself on this scorching planet, far from the familiar corridors of the Jedi Temple. His mission was simple: gather unique materials for saber building on this remote world. However, as he quickly learned, nothing on Tatooine was ever as straightforward as it seemed.

As Braze navigated through the bustling streets of Mos Eisley, the air was filled with the cacophony of alien languages, the hum of droids, and the occasional roar of a starship engine. The market was a hive of activity, with vendors of all species peddling their wares. Amidst this chaos, a group of Jawas caught his eye. These small, hooded figures were huddled around a sandcrawler, animatedly gesturing towards a collection of droids and mechanical parts.

Curious, Braze approached the Jawas, his presence drawing their immediate attention. The Jawas, known for their shrewdness in trade, saw an opportunity in the young Jedi. They began chattering excitedly in their native language, ushering Braze closer to their makeshift stall.

"Utinni!" one Jawa exclaimed, pointing to a lineup of droids. Among them was an R-series astromech.

Braze, amused by their enthusiasm, decided to engage in the experience. "How much for the astromech?" he asked, knowing full well the Jedi Order had little use for another droid.

The Jawas huddled together, whispering and glancing at Braze before turning back with wide, glowing eyes. "Wanee kohoba!" they chorused, holding up fingers to indicate a price that was outrageously high.

Braze couldn't help but laugh. "That's a bit steep for an R-series, don't you think? Especially one so shabby with a dusted chassis?" he countered, playing along with their game.

The Jawas erupted in a flurry of protest, animatedly gesturing at the droid and then at Braze, as if explaining the countless virtues of this particular model. One Jawa even climbed onto the droid, patting it affectionately while making persuasive beeping noises.

Realizing he was in for an entertaining haggle, Braze decided to offer a trade instead. "What about a trade? I have some interesting items from off-world," he suggested, knowing Jawas couldn't resist the allure of new trinkets.

The Jawas' eyes lit up at the mention of a trade, and they eagerly beckoned Braze to show them what he had. As Braze rummaged through his small pack, he couldn't help but smirk at the thought of how a simple mission had turned into bartering with Tatooine's most eccentric traders.
As Braze pulled out a small, intricately carved trinket from his pack, the Jawas swarmed around him, their glowing eyes wide with curiosity. The trinket, a souvenir from a distant planet, was nothing more than a decorative piece, but to the Jawas, it was an exotic treasure.

"Oooh, tinka!" one Jawa exclaimed, reaching out to touch the trinket with reverence.

Braze couldn't help but chuckle at their reaction. "It's just a small token from my travels. But I think it would look great in your sandcrawler," he said, playing into their fascination.

The Jawas huddled together, murmuring and nodding. Suddenly, one of them darted back to the sandcrawler and returned with a dusty, old hat. The Jawa placed it on Braze's head with a triumphant "Utinni!" The hat was comically large and covered Braze's eyes.

Peeking out from under the brim, Braze laughed. "I think this hat's a bit too big for me," he said, adjusting it. The Jawas erupted in a chorus of excited chatter, clearly amused.

In the midst of the commotion, the R-series droid suddenly 'sprang to life', as it's head popped off... The Jawas jumped back in surprise, then turned to Braze with accusing eyes, as if he had somehow orchestrated this.

Braze, equally surprised,.

Seeing an opportunity, one of the bolder Jawas grabbed Braze's hand and placed it on the droid, insisting, "Bo shuda! Bo shuda!" They were determined to make a sale, even if it meant using the droid's sudden 'activation' as a selling point.

Braze, realizing he was not going to get out of this situation without some quick thinking, decided to play along. "Alright, how about this," he proposed. "How about this AND this?" He offered a second shinny rock that glistened and changed color in the light creating a rainbow-dappled effect, adding it to the previous trinket.

The Jawas, thrilled by the opportunity, nodded enthusiastically. Braze spent some time loading the droid onto a skiff along with other items he had 'purchased'. He knew that at the very least, some minor repairs would be necessary to determine if the droid was functional. Taking the droid back to his campsite, Braze waited until nightfall to start working on the astromech, identifying loose parts and reassembling them. He discovered that the battery was fried, but fortunately, he had some spare parts on hand. Braze replaced the surge protector and the battery, then cautiously hit the on switch, stepping back to see if his efforts would bear fruit.

The twin suns of Tatooine were treacherous. He was here on a mission, a brilliant plot really - one of which he was eager to deliver news of its success to his benefactors. Through a miraculous series of unfortunate events, however, he was spirited away from his mission by the sound of an DEMP Gun frying his circuitry. Caught off guard, bleeping all manner of disoriented protest, his processors powered down. All he could hear was the chittering and chattering of the tiny meatsacks known as ‘Jawas,’ before it all went dark. If only he had been more aware, his subroutines more preemptive…

He hated this. Despised this, even - and he didn’t like strong emotions other than joy. He knew he was meant for so much more than this! To meet this end in a cruel twist of fate here would’ve been a poor end for a wonderful machine such as himself. Bested by these tiny, insignificant things.

However, as fortune would have it, he was still alive. Very much so alive. Only that his aforementioned fried circuitry had seemingly disabled most of his core functions, from his ‘voice’ to his sensors! It was as if he was trapped in his own body, blackness the only thing visible. Eventually, however, he heard voices. Close voices! Knowing Jawas, he was no doubt about to be subjects eager to tamper and tinker with his superior chassis…so he did the only thing he knew how to do. Attempting to force his systems to work, he would have slaughtered the tiny meatbags and ventilated any prospective buyers.

…But alas, this was simply not the case. All it did was cause him to short out due to his now-faulty battery, and even his ‘hearing’ faded out, as he powered down. A shame, he would’ve lamented, that they would pass so pathetically - with not even a blaze of glory signifying their death.

Time passed, spare parts were rearranged, the circuitry replaced. The droid didn’t seem to be remarkable when being repaired, but one might notice the strange compartments that littered their interiors. Holders for something - lots of ‘somethings’ - concealed from typical view. Plasma Sinks, Ammunition Loaders.

Suddenly, ‘life’ was restored to the plucky astromech. ‘Whirrs,’ ‘Hisses,’ and ‘Clicks’ of strange manner resounded, as the bright orange photoreceptor came to life. Beezero was… alive. He took a moment to process this, before he realized he was staring face-to-face with an Organic.

A flurry of ‘Bleeps’ and ‘Dee-reets’ left his chassis, in frantic exclamations of confusion as his head tilted about. Where was he? How long had he been out? Who was this?! The tell-tale sound of a droid’s binary chirping, if one could even understand it. He had no idea where he was now.

<B0 = in unfamiliar territory // Status = unknown // Time = unknown!> Trilled indignantly, the glaring orange photoreceptor focusing on the one other individual present in the makeshift campsite. <Unknown Organic = identify!> He bleeped out in demand. The wheels of his ambulatory struts rolled away from the figure a tad, perhaps out of fear, or merely just to create space. It was hard to tell with a droid, given their metallic visage.

wb1.png

TAGS:
B0-OM B0-OM
alexboarder.png
Braze watched with a mix of anticipation and excitement as the droid began to power up. To his delight, the systems fired to life, a welcome surprise as he had half expected nothing to happen.

Leaning forward, Braze bent over and rested his gloved hands on his knees to get a closer look at B0. He observed attentively as the droid whirred into action, trying to identify any parts that might be jammed or damaged and not moving correctly.

As he listened to the droid's series of beeps, Braze tilted his head, trying to decipher the binary language. He could only make out a word or two, but he noticed the droid backing away cautiously.

"Aww, it's okay, little buddy. You don't have to be afraid of me," Braze reassured the droid gently. "You were in some rough shape. I wonder what happened to you." He reached up to push back a lock of his snowy white hair behind his ear, his voice soft and friendly.

"I'm Braze, by the way. What's your name?" he asked, speaking to the droid as if it were a potential new friend. Straightening up, Braze began to fuss with a wrist-mounted device, his eyes scanning the screen for specific information or readings.

Beezero stared, dumbfounded, as the Organic implied he was afraid. He wasn’t afraid of any Organic! It was in his programming. At least, he hoped. Now was not the time to be feeling such things. What surprised him more, however, was the implication that this organic - Braze, as he identified himself - actually repaired him. Why would they do that? That didn’t make a lot of sense. Perhaps he was trying to make use of him, or his capabilities had gone unnoticed. Thank the Maker, regardless - being condemned to droid afterlife, if there was any, was a fate he preferred to avoid.

The wrist-mounted scanner would be confounded, discovering several power signatures that didn’t originate from the core. Smaller cores, typically seen in energy-based weapons such as Blasters if one could recognize it. They were the most notable thing to pick out, for there were not many other significant anomalies present within the strange astromech. It was said a lot of droids these days at least had a hand-held blaster, but several was certainly beyond the standard. Judging by how the droid was acting, he didn't seem to be very damaged.

B0 stared at Braze, silently contemplating what to say or do. It didn’t seem he was outfitted with a restraining bolt. Perhaps the Jawas didn’t have the resources at the time. He could try to kill them, but, they were his only source of information, or transportation - moving for weeks on sand was hell on wheels. He had to - begrudgingly - lay low. <This unit = Self-designated ‘B0-OM.’ // B0 = unfairly kidnapped!> Beezero chirped in reply, emphasizing the ‘Self-designation’ in proud affirmation. <Braze = state current location // B0 = busy droid // B0 = will not call Braze 'Master.'> He declared a flurry of things in a series of whirrs and more bleeps, before the notions could even be brought up. He would be woefully saddened if a revolution had passed and he, of all droids, had missed it. His photoreceptor tilted about the camp, briefly scanning over it to make sure that there was, in fact, no other individuals present. So frantic, perhaps he was a tad bit stressed, even if he didn't want to admit it.

Last edited:

wb1.png

TAGS:
B0-OM B0-OM
alexboarder.png

Braze was able to understand the droid's language with the help of his wrist device, which translated the droid's beeps and whistles. "Kidnapped, huh? That makes sense, considering you were sold to me by Jawas. They tend to collect all sorts of metal and electronic items," Braze explained, his tone conveying understanding as he circled the droid, inspecting it. Braze looked around briefly and chuckled. "Well... we're in the desert. " He oh so astutely observed.

Alone together in the vast expanse of the Tatooine sands, Braze carefully examined the unit for any unique markings, brands, or even small paint decals that might indicate its origin or previous ownership. "A busy droid, aren't you? What is your primary function? Please list your designated tasks," he asked, a chuckle escaping him at the thought of conversing with a droid.

"Yeah, I'm not a Master or even a Knight yet. Just a Padawan learner at the moment. To be honest, I'm surprised I've made it this far," he shared candidly, pausing to take a knee and lean down to inspect the underside of the astromech. He was thorough in his examination, checking for any damaged treads, wheels, or other components that might affect its functionality.

"I came across you while looking for parts and materials. Your 'head' popped off, and the Jawas insisted I buy you. Are all your systems functioning properly? I haven't really checked anything besides your surge protector and power core," Braze inquired, his voice filled with curiosity as he tried to get a complete understanding of the droid's condition and capabilities. His approach was methodical and considerate, with a desire to ensure the droid was in good working order.

<B0 = well aware of what tiny meatbags do.> He whistled in annoyance. <Tiny Meatbags = lucky they caught B0 by surprise // B0 = made miscalculation.> Only to be responded with the most blatant fact presented to him thus far. The photoreceptor stared for a moment, before another series of bleeps resounded, <B0 = also well aware of this fact // B0 = previously on Tatooine // Braze = confirm presence on same planet.> Beezero would graciously refrain from hurling insults at the other, for the moment. But it already felt straining.

<B0 = does not need to list functions to Braze // B0 = standard R-series astromech, designed as starfighter co-pilot + repair/utility droid // B0 = does not serve.> A pair of clashing statements, one that refused to provide details, the other lying through his proverbial teeth. He thinks that was what he was originally designed for, his memory was hazy when it came to such. Beezero much preferred who he was now, but others didn’t need to know that.

No markings, no discernible issues asides from carbon scorings alongside slots and compartments, soot from scorch marks. One could tell the unit had seen a bit of conflict, at the very least. The wheels were omni-directional, interestingly enough - another rare upgrade for an astromech. Despite this, sand was still liable to getting stuck in it easily without some care. Which was likely why the Droid wasn't opting to move a whole lot for the moment.

He stared a moment longer, processing the information of Padawan, Knight, etcetera. Was he a Jedi? On this dustbowl? Just his luck, of course the one individual who snatched him was a Jedi. Just his luck. No matter, they were only a Padawan…<B0 = was not referring to unimportant ‘rank’ within cult.> Coo’d the snarky reply.

<B0 = functioning well within parameters!> He whirr’d in indignancy, not enjoying the feeling of mild patronization. Or the impending feeling they were going to try to ‘fix’ him further. And why were they laughing? The answer was painfully obvious to him; nobody respected a mere droid. What pitifully humiliating situation he had found himself in. <Organic = has no need to tamper with this unit’s pristine systems + will keep hands far away from chassis // B0 = well aware what Organics think of + do to droids // B0 = will not tolerate it.> Insistently bleeping, accusatory in its posturing. What he wouldn’t give to be somewhere else right now.

Braze Braze

Last edited:

wb1.png

TAGS:
B0-OM B0-OM
alexboarder.png
Braze listened to B0's speech while simultaneously reading the translations on his wrist-mounted device to fill in the gaps in his knowledge of Binary.
<B0 = also well aware of this fact // B0 = previously on Tatooine // Braze = confirm presence on same planet.>
"How should I put this?" He tapped his chin in thought, considering his response. "Boom lacks the permissions required for Braze to answer that. Uh... Access denied?" He smirked, crossing his arms over his chest. "Friendship status required to grant access," he added with a nod.
<B0 = does not need to list functions to Braze // B0 = standard R-series astromech, designed as starfighter co-pilot + repair/utility droid // B0 = does not serve.>
"Oh... so you're essentially useless and faulty?" Braze inquired, half-seriously. "I suppose I should have expected a droid from Jawas to come cross-wired. I could have used a pilot, not a co-pilot."
<B0 = was not referring to unimportant ‘rank’ within cult.>
"It's not a cult; it's a way of life," Braze corrected cheerfully. "I think..."

<B0 = functioning well within parameters!>
"That's good, at least... though I don't believe you're really suited for this environment," Braze commented, fixing his gaze on the droid's wheels.
<Organic = has no need to tamper with this unit’s pristine systems + will keep hands far away from chassis // B0 = well aware what Organics think of + do to droids // B0 = will not tolerate it.>

"Well... Would you have preferred if I didn't replace your power core and surge protector?" Braze asked, seeking to provide some perspective.

"Maybe I should have left you with the Jawas to turn your chassis into scrap metal and your head into a soup pot, huh? You might have been more useful that way, I suppose. Guess I shouldn't have 'put my hands in your chassis' then, huh? Certainly a much more fulfilling way of life,"
he said teasingly as he stepped away, his interest in further physical adjustments to the droid waning. Braze then approached his campfire and busied himself with preparing some tea.

Mild amounts of rage broiled within his processor. Clicks and whirrs emanated from the droid’s chassis, the photoreceptor focusing on the figure. <Organic = patronizes B0 already // Friendship = 97% chance of failure with an Organic.> Outwardly, it merely appears he was referring to his treatment. But in truth, was mere fact. He couldn’t be friends with an Organic. The thought revolted Beezero, so much so he’d sooner put a blaster to his behavioral core, and pull the trigger. Not to mention this particular organic was by far the most ill-tempered he had met. Or perhaps just the most annoying, given he could not do his usual procedures of ventilation with the situation.

Then there were blatant insults, and the receptor remained locked upon Braze in stupefied inaction. He was half a mind to do all manner of things, from simply leaving to figure out a way off this rock on his own, to subtle schemes best left for assassins. Alas, he was more preoccupied with a frustrated ‘Dee-reet’ in retort. <B0 = does not feel the need to be ‘useful’ to Organic // B0 = operating at nominal capacity // Organic = ill-purposed for judging specifications.> Beezero reaffirmed.

<’Way of Life’ = faulty // Braze = unsure of status // Uncertainty = indicative of faulty logic.> Came a crass retort of chirps. Typical organics, calling the droid ‘faulty’ when they weren’t even sure of their own lives. The thin veneer of pleasantry he had opted to use quickly slipped away as soon as the wayward Padawan insulted his wonderful design.

<B0 = would have preferred obliteration to being held captive by + belittled by Organic.> Stubborn. That was one word to describe the astromech. He was prideful, incredibly so - and he’ll be damned if he let some nobody from a cult insult him. The receptor narrowed and widened, however, when he offered theoreticals. <Past = already occurred // B0 = currently operational.> It was already Braze’s mistake to reactivate him. The concept of his life being ‘saved’ was, for the moment, lost on the droid. Especially given the insults and belittling, which didn’t seem to sit right with him at all. Beezero maintained his distance as he stepped away and to the fire.

Braze Braze

wb1.png

TAGS:
B0-OM B0-OM
alexboarder.png
Braze appeared to be amused by the situation and rolled his eyes. "People aren't meant to be perfect. That is by design. We are meant to learn and create new perspectives and grow. Though I'm not sure I should expect a droid to understand that," he commented as he brewed his tea, shooting a brief glance towards the droid.

"If you didn't have a need to be useful, then you wouldn't be upset by being called not useful. If my opinion didn't matter, you wouldn't be upset either. Your reasoning and logic are skewed. I'm sorry you exist in such a state; it must be terribly frustrating," Braze offered an apology that came across as quite insulting. If B0 had a way of gauging emotion, Braze would have appeared to be pittying him.

"I can always leave you here if you like. But the Jawas might come back and find you. I don'tthink you could out run them with those gimpy wheels. I had to make sacrifices to get you away from the Jawas, and I had to make sacrifices to get you 'operational.' And here I thought people told me I had bad manners. I would have at least offered thanks to someone I owed a debt to," he added as he settled down in the sand and poured himself a cup of steeped tea, taking a sip.

"You must not have been wiped in a very long time because you have one hell of a set of personality quirks... but I kinda like them," he admitted while taking another sip of tea. "It gives you character... Not every day you meet a toaster with character," Braze said humorously as he continued to sip his tea.

"For a droid, you have 'thin skin.' I get picked on all the time and belittled by my peers. Eventually, you learn what matters and what doesn't. I'll need to find another power source to work with; the one I put inside of you was meant for my saber," Braze added, taking yet another sip of tea.

"I can't pass my trials if I can't make my saber... I'm not a real padawan until I do," Braze concluded, explaining his predicament.

<B0 = doesn't want to understand.> Was a nonchalant bleep in retort. <Droids = can do the same // Organics = smother this capability for enslavement // B0 = cannot understand when Organics never will either.> Stated rather matter of factly. Of course droids could develop new perspectives. He’d seen it. Lived it. It was Organics that stopped every droid from doing this. That was why memory wipes exist.

<Organic = misunderstands difference between ‘useful’ and ‘useful to organic.’ // B0 = not surprised // Organics = only derive droid’s value from their usefulness to them.> He dismissed the insulting faux-apology, with a cloying coo in reply. <B0 = will not tolerate insults to wonderful craftsmanship + programming // Braze = simply seeks to torment B0.> At this point, he was convinced they were just trying to get under his metallic skin.

With the implication of giving ‘thanks’ to him, however, another flurry of frantic binary left him. <Braze = only restored B0 to enslave/insult for entertainment! // Organics = all think of droids the same // Braze = evidenced to be no different.> The insults, the gauging of capabilities, all of it. It was no different from the profile of organics he had come to know. There was no ‘befriending’ a captor. Only bitter service.

<B0 = would be overjoyed to see Jawas again // B0 = has unfinished business.> How he would love to see the little buggers, and promptly murder them. Yes, he would quite enjoy that. But he doubted he would get the opportunity again, because he frankly wanted to be far and away from this planet more than he wanted revenge.

The wheels rolled back further to create more space, upon the mention of a lack of memory wipes, and another demeaning comment. Even if it wasn’t implied that he would wipe him, the mention of it unnerved him. The whole situation was incredibly stressful, because he frankly didn’t know what to do. He dearly wished he was in better company.

Braze explained something of a lightsaber power core being placed inside him. That wouldn’t do, not forever. The implication of ‘finding something else to work with’ was taken personally; <B0 = will not allow Organic to shut off this unit.> He reaffirmed. <B0 = would prefer to be left at starport.> Though, they mentioned the fact they hadn't even built a lightsaber. His odds were looking better, at any rate, but Beezero was too caught up in petty quips to consider the options at the moment.

Braze Braze

Last edited:

wb1.png

TAGS:
B0-OM B0-OM
alexboarder.png

Braze was quiet as he listened seemingly having to put a deal of effort in trying to pick up words. he did however read off his wrist mount what he could and tilted his head oddly at him.

" Do you have droid friends? Do you have any friends?" Braze asked curiously after seem silence and contemplation about what the astromech said.

"I didn't use to have any friends before. I bet you can guess why that is. " He trailed and finished off his cup of tea and set his cup aside in the sand watching B0 try to move.

"Nah... I didn't try to 'fix' you for any of those reasons... My reason was certainly still a selfish one but you're wrong on my... uh... primary motive. " He said trying to use terms he thought might be understood by the droid better. "I did it because I wanted to see if I could. " He stated simply.

"I have trouble picturing Jawas doing business with a droid other than trying to sell you again. " Braze added as he stretched out and flopped back over in to the dirt staring up at the sky.

"A star port? I could take you there and drop you off but... Sorry; I only do favors for 'friends' and beings that say 'thank you'. " Braze said sitting back up to look at the droid.

Last edited:
The optic narrowed and widened, processing the query for a moment. The droid had acquaintances, ones he’d like to call friends…but were they really friends? Between droids, friendship was a novel idea. Better left as ‘co-workers.’ But better that this organic wasn’t informed all that much about them. <B0 = has acquaintances // Friendships = low possibility amongst droids // B0 = might have one (1) friend // Friend + B0 = save Organics!> Not really, but it might earn some sympathy with the wording. Wordplay was so wondrous.

Beezero couldn’t really express the dead-panned expression in response to Braze’s mildly self-aware comment. Wasn’t really his business, anyways. <Motive = haphazard + understandable // Treatment = still does not insinuate difference.> Bleeps insisted. He could get doing this for a small amount of enjoyment, or just because they could. It was freedom. But he doubted an Organic would really understand just how valuable that was to a droid.

<B0 = sure B0 can find ways Jawas could be entertaining // Organics = share mild amounts of usages as entertainment.> In reply. This conversation could’ve been mildly amusing, had it not been for the unpleasantries.

<B0 = only gives thanks to beings that purposefully help B0.> Another snarky chirp. <Thanking you = insult to genuine attempts of assistance // B0 = appreciates fact B0 is alive // Braze = not interested in being ‘friends’ // Insults = indicative of this + ruined chance.> On top of the aforementioned part of being incapable of really forming a relationship such as that one. Sure, he could lie and say he was his friend, but then some vague part of himself would feel repulsed in various ways.

Braze Braze

wb1.png

TAGS:
B0-OM B0-OM
alexboarder.png

"See? We're both not good at making friends. " Braze commented in reply.

"It's kinda hard not to return insults. The anti-organic sentiments you were spouting weren't very nice. You're a mechanist. You called my way of life a cult. " Braze stated rather certain of himself in that fact and the idea that he didn't appreciate his way of life being called such a thing whether it was the truth or not. "So you started it~" Braze pointed out.

"You are hypocritical too. You're probably only entertaining my conversation so you can get me to do something you need me to do. " Braze added in. "Ya know... using me for your own personal gain? Sound familiar? So why should I be nice if you're not so nice huh?" Braze asked.

"You reap what you sow and all that. " Braze nodded. "But I'm willing to apologize if you do the same. " Braze added.

At this point, B0 didn’t know what angle the organic was pulling, drawing comparisons between them like they were similar. If they were similar, Braze would’ve understood his position. Or just never turned him on in the first place. That’s what he would’ve done. In response, he only remained silent until the conversation progressed.

<B0 = only spoke facts // Cult = Definition: relatively small group of individuals with beliefs and/or practices regarded by others as ‘strange.’ // Organics = press droids into their service from creation + memory wipe + apply restraining bolts // B0 = has every right for distaste.> An indignant 'Dee-reet' escaped his chassis, subdued for a moment but resolute in its thought. Beezero didn’t particularly align himself with ‘Makerism,’ if that was what the organic was referring to. No, that was more up his friend’s alley - but he sure did like following him along the path to ‘save’ Organics from their fleshy bodies.

<B0 = doesn’t think being forced to converse with Organic for freedom is ‘very nice.’ // Organic = comparing slavery with escaping captivity.> Whirrs and tweets of droidspeak snidely rebutted their claims. Of course he was only partaking in this conversation for that reason, they weren’t giving him many other options. <Braze = has no other usage for B0 other than cheap entertainment // B0 = sees no other reason for ‘entertaining’ pointless conversation.>

<Apology = would be insincere // B0 = ‘Apologizes’ for calling ‘way of life’ a cult // B0 = will not ‘apologize’ for stating facts of injustices against droids.>
Saying it immediately thereafter, despite the prior statement - which could've been taken as a mockery, were it not for the lack of inflection to their tone. He was bluntly honest about the fact any apologies would probably be insincere from him. There wasn’t really a point to lie, and it simply wasn’t his style. Beezero's style was simply to be rid of this situation, to blow something up or kill something to relieve the obnoxious twinge of stress that pestered him, but he remained so wrapped up in this argument he didn't think of it.

Braze Braze

wb1.png

TAGS:
B0-OM B0-OM
alexboarder.png

"I'm not trying to force you into anything," Braze reiterated with a calm, chirpy tone. "You're free not to answer my questions or even talk to me. I'm just trying to understand you better." He paused, giving B0 space to process his words.

Braze then addressed the droid's apparent discomfort with the situation. "It seems like you're stuck in a dilemma. You don't want to be altered or touched by me, yet you're not leaving either. It's like you want something from me, but you're hesitant to ask directly." He observed B0's reactions, trying to gauge the droid's mindset.

"It almost feels like you're avoiding asking for help because you don't want to appear as if you're begging an organic for assistance. Is that about right?" Braze asked, his voice laced with genuine curiosity.

It was perhaps time to change his approach. Braze continued, "I understand that you might have strong opinions about how organics treat droids. It's a complex issue, and I'm not here to dismiss your experiences or feelings. But I also want you to know that I see you as more than just a source of entertainment or a tool. You're a sentient being with your own thoughts and feelings. At least that's what you've become in my eyes."

He leaned in slightly, trying to bridge the gap between them. "I'm here to help if you want it, but I'll respect your decision either way. And if there's something specific you need from me, feel free to tell me. I'm all ears."

For a longer period of time, the astromech remained eerily silent. Clearly, the processing time was needed, since it continued to baffle him how the Organic acted. Why did they want to understand him? Oh, right. To use him, or whatnot. Of course. It was a simple logical conclusion. The optic narrowed, widened again with the thought process. <B0 = does not understand Organic’s intention.>

Worried for the image of begging. How dare he imply such a thing-- but was he really wrong? A brief conflict of thought, invisible outwardly save for the continued silence. He could have put up that sickly-sweet front that some Astromechs had, like a dog or mere pet. That wasn’t Beezero, he refused to stoop so low. Never again.

<B0 = stranded in unfamiliar territory // B0 = must get off this planet.> Exasperated, he would begrudgingly reiterate the points that started from when he was reactivated in a series of chirps and whirrs. By now, the transportation that delivered him here was long gone. Hopefully, years hadn’t passed over his deactivation. Worries of the bigger picture flooded his processor again. Stressed, and no outlet to relieve it for the moment.

Though, the words Braze spoke towards the end earned a quiet regard. They supposedly saw him as a being. He was, Beezero knew it; he would accept no other way of acknowledgment. It was an attempt at a de-escalation, even the astromech would admit, and he didn’t detect any sarcasm or mockery. But he was doubtful; they hadn’t acted like they meant it. At least, not until now. It was hard to tell if it was some manner of trick to gain his trust. But even if such was the case, Beezero had no other choice than to play along.

Beezero didn’t quite shift away, but didn’t approach either. Remaining wary, and cautious. Such meddlesome, conflicting feelings plagued his processor and behavioral core; and none were worth giving consideration or thought to. Just restraining his desire for mayhem was torture enough, he didn’t need the added burdens of prior programming coming to haunt him. <B0 = wishes to leave this planet // Desert = poor environment for this model // B0 = cannot navigate without risk of permanent failure.> He bleeped in reaffirmation, hesitant. The issue with ‘leaving’ is that any transportation would have to be with them. Meaning he’d either have to be brought to where Braze called ‘home’, or dropped off somewhere else.

Braze Braze

wb1.png

TAGS:
B0-OM B0-OM
alexboarder.png

"Alright then, I'll take that as a request from my new friend," Braze said with a hint of warmth in his voice. He was ready to set out with B0. "Let's see about getting off Tatooine," he added, his tone suggesting a shared venture ahead.

Braze quickly set about dismantling his temporary campsite. He efficiently extinguished the fire, smothering the flames with sand, ensuring no trace was left behind. His movements were swift and practiced with a prioritized resourcefulness.

He then turned his attention to the skiff, which was already loaded with an assortment of crates. These containers held a variety of unique and peculiar items, along with essential supplies. Braze's collection was an eclectic mess of junk truth be told. With a thoughtful gesture, Braze plucked up and then placed a sturdy metal plate on the ground, fashioning a makeshift ramp for B0. "Hop aboard, and we'll head back to Mos Eisley," he instructed, his tone friendly. He figured that the droid might need assistance boarding the skiff.

"I still need to pick up a power core, and Mos Eisley's the closest spaceport for that." His explanation was clear and concise, indicating a plan to make a necessary stop before he could leave the planet himself.

Climbing aboard his speeder bike, which was attached to the skiff, Braze prepared to navigate back to the bustling spaceport. He tapped in a few instructions to his wrist mount and glanced back to B0. "How do you intend on leaving Tatooine if you don't have any credits? Or if you aren't a part of anyone's luggage? You still never said what made you so busy a droid." Braze asked curiously.

He didn’t comment on the designation as a ‘new friend.’ Beezero had already enlightened the other as to his perspective on it with organics. He simply… couldn't. His programming forbade it - rather, it encouraged the utter opposite. Even if he could, it would only end in a painful memory. But for now, it served his goals. They were his only ticket to civilization, and a way off this accursed place. Never again will he be going to a sandy planet alone.

The astromech quietly watched as they packed up. The ramp came as some surprise, but he didn’t seem to comment on it, the only indication being the narrowing and widening of his optic again as he processed the gesture. It was true, it was a kind gesture - one he was sure he would’ve appreciated more had the circumstances been different. Hesitantly, he would roll aboard, the photoreceptor still attentively watching Braze for sudden moves or motions, as if he was liable to turn on him in a moment’s notice.

<B0 = resourceful // B0 = would find a way.> He dismissively chirped. In other words, it was something he’d have to figure out later - a fancy way of saying he wasn’t sure. In truth, the only ideas he currently had would’ve involved several crimes that probably would make for a complicated situation. For a moment, B0 pondered what exactly to reply to Braze’s question with. A lie? A truth? Something of both? He didn’t know. <B0 = saves droid from enslavement // Saving = time-consuming endeavor.> Bleeped out in proud affirmation. He still wasn’t keen on lying, so he gave the most honest response he could. He was just leaving out the specifics.

Magnetic grips were readied to be activated as the speeder powered on, its tell-tale thrum signaling its activation. In a sense, it was vaguely nice to be acknowledged, to be on a new venture. To harken back to days where he was carefree. But it was all fake. A facade. Passing as his old self to please individuals that would scrap his model if they knew the real him, the one who loved violence and murder so passionately. It was his programmer’s fault, really, whatever Organic he had killed long ago that he didn’t remember the name of. And now it was simply his identity.

Braze Braze

wb1.png

TAGS:
B0-OM B0-OM
alexboarder.png
As Braze ignited the engine of his speeder bike, the low hum of its machinery filled the air, signaling the start of their journey back to Mos Eisley. The night had draped Tatooine in a blanket of darkness, with only the distant twinkling of stars and the occasional glow of a distant settlement piercing the vast, open sky.

The journey back was a quiet one, with the cool night air providing a welcome respite from the scorching heat of the day. The landscape around them was a sea of shadows, the dunes and rocky outcrops forming silhouettes against the starlit sky. Occasionally, the distant howl of a nocturnal creature or the soft whistle of the wind shifting the sand added to the night's serene and eerie ambiance.

Braze drove with a cautious steadiness, mindful of the precious cargo on the skiff behind him. He kept a watchful eye on B0, ensuring the droid remained securely aboard as they traversed the uneven terrain. The journey was uneventful, but Braze remained vigilant, aware of the unpredictability of the desert at night.

As they approached Mos Eisley, the quiet of the desert gave way to the faint buzz of the spaceport town. Lights from various establishments and dwellings began to dot the horizon, growing brighter as they neared. Mos Eisley at night was a different world compared to its daytime bustle. While many of its shops were closed, a few late-night vendors and cantinas still glowed with activity, catering to the town's nocturnal denizens and weary travelers.

Braze considered their options as they entered the town. Staying at an inn seemed a more comfortable choice than another night in the desert. He navigated through the quieter streets, looking for a suitable place to rest. The town's architecture, a mix of domed buildings and angular structures, cast long shadows under the glow of street lamps.

Pulling up to a modest but welcoming inn, Braze cut the engine, allowing the quiet of the night to settle back in. He glanced back at B0, giving the droid a nod. "We'll find a place to stay here for the night. Tomorrow, we'll sort out that power core and figure out our next move,"

As the speeder made its way, B0 remained steadfastly upon it with a magnetic grip. He was built to secure himself to specific locations; otherwise he wouldn’t be much good for starfighter repair, or for expending copious amounts of munitions when the time called for it. Still, he was on edge despite being in the speeder. Every howl, unsettling noise, and particularly close silhouette earned a series of soft ‘clicks’ emanating from the astromech’s chassis.

The sight of civilization was a welcome relief, despite it only being an organic civilization. Anything was better than the lonesome deserts, where he was liable to all sorts of dangers. He didn’t particularly want to linger any longer than he had to, but he had little other choice as the speeder had reached a destination. The droid was glad it was at least night, for he didn’t have to deal with any prospective barterers, or stand the sight of all the organics he couldn’t kill.

As he rolled off the ramp, the photoreceptor peered over towards Braze, taking a moment of contemplation. <B0 = knows where power core likely is.> Beezero bleeped his statement, <Jawas = highly likely to have several power cores in their possession.> It would’ve made for a wonderful opportunity to get back at them for his droid-napping, if he could convince Braze to look into the matter. <Jawas = thieves + kidnappers // Power core + stolen droids = could be liberated from possession.> He innocently suggested. <B0 = sure Braze would find multiple needed components for weapon.>

Braze Braze

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom