Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dulce Vindictae

mygeeto_sunset_by_obiwan00.jpg
A cafe on Mygeeto
[MEMBER="Vengeance"]
Natalie wasn't sure why she had made Mygeeto her residence for the time being. Well, she did actually, but that wasn't the point she was making in this journal excerpt for her book that was to see a galactic release; "5 steps to taking over a planet" and she had chosen this very one as her own little playground, at least for now. There was no harm meant to be done, and all-in-all she was quite pleasant about the whole situation. No mass shootings, certainly not, and unlike some of her colleagues she had a regard for human life.

But today, she was looking to see what the other entrepreneurs of the galaxy had to offer. And that very person was the handsome naval officer and Sith Lord she had acquaintance herself with months before for this very occasion, and on such a busy schedule as his she was lucky to do so. She wasn't looking for a man, she already had a wife, but the eye candy was a good distraction when discussion got boring.

"How do I look?" poking a waiter who was serving her. Regardless of what he tried to say, she used a mind trick. "As splendid as ever, Miss LaForte!". It wasn't enough, she needed more compliments, but this place was empty, and killing the waiter was no way of doing it.

Re-applying her lipstick and looking in a hand-held mirror, she waited for her compatriot to arrive. In due time.

Mygeeto

Marcus was on another tour of the Galaxy it seemed. He had originally only planned to catch up with his old friend Jamie and then head back to work. However he got a message about a potential corporate opportunity. It was also on his way so he decided there was no harm in making a stop on the way. The planet itself he knew very little about. Which was true of most worlds. Marcus was not a Galactic tourist at heart. He only traveled for three reasons. Conquest, Business, or to kick his feet up.

Landing at the nearest starport to the Cafe Marcus straightened up the suit of his tie and smoothed out his jacket. It was a short speeder ride to the cafe which Marcus took in silence. He was still in a good mood on a relative high from his time with the Jedi Queen of Naboo. Something he hoped to be able to do again in the near future.

He made his way through the door of the cafe pausing a moment to look around before he saw who he figured to be his host. He walked over giving her a smile.

"Miis LaForte I presume? I am Marcus Nichols."

He reached into a pocket and pulled out one of the Nichols Investment Firm cards he kept for show extending it to her.

"What can I do for you today."

Marcus would remain standing until invited to sit down.

[member="Darth Mara"]

"Oh!" Standing up when she was greeted by Marcus and blushing slightly, setting the lipstick and mirror on the table. Taking the card swiftly and then offering a handshake, she tried to re-adjust herself, "Sorry you just took me by surprise" not looking him directly in the eyes. "I am Natalie LaForte, CEO of the Trade Federation and Intergalactic Monetary fund. As I understand, we have some potential business dealings to get down to?" smiling but struggling to look him in the eye without giggling.

"Regardless of what you're here for, I would like to mention the pleasure is all mine and thank you for meeting with me on such short notice." taking a sip of tea which had been brought to her earlier. "Would you like any refreshments? My treat."

After hearing his response, she would begin speaking. "Let me tell you a bit about the companies that I represent. The Intergalactic Monetary Fund is an intergalactic trading conglomerate, producing droids, starships and weaponry systems for anybody who is looking for them. The Trade Federation is also in a similar vein, but I do not manage the inter-workings of that corporation. We mainly deal with establishing trade deals and working with governments to keep said deals going."

[member="Vengeance"]

Marcus shook Natalie's hand but his expression was completely stone faced even when she let out the little giggle. He then motioned towards the seats waiting for her to a take a seat before sitting down himself. Raising a hand Marcus motioned for a server order a bite to eat and requesting a glass of water to go with it. Once that was all complete Marcus turned back to his host.

"Miss LaForte."

He took a quick pause.

"I run an Investment Firm. I invest in start up companies or individual Entrepreneurs with a solid business model so their dreams may be realized."

He paused again as he water showed taking a sip of it before continuing.

"From what you tell me your business is already up and operating on a Galactic scale. So my question is what do you need from me?"

Marcus took a minute and another sip of water waiting for his host to get to the meat of why she had called him here. He was all business and that is the way it would stay. He had other matters to attend to and time was something he had very little of.

[member="Natalie LaForte"]

"Taking us further. If I must be honest, we may run on a galactic scale but our dealings are still very small in comparison. For example, Mygeeto is currently our only operational production planet that we have been licensed to produce goods on, and our only major galactic sponsor was The Sith Ascendancy, who have changed their way of dealing and are now a pseudo-empire." Smiling after stating this.

"I want to expand m-.. the company's reach and influence to be more than just "they have money". I-.. We want to be recognized as something more than a corporate entity, where I'm going with this, I am more interested in the possibilities of what your company can do for me other than credits wise. I'm not talking about giving me the plans to a galaxy gun or creating a black hole, just something to give us a reasonable... boost. You are an investment firm, after all." Grinning, showing one of her fangs.

[member="Vengeance"]

Marcus chuckled.

"So you want my list of contacts and maybe even going as far as to make introductions?"

Marcus paused for a moment as is food was brought to him. He tasted it quickly before looking back at Natalie.

"If you had read my profile Miss LaForte then you know I make very few investments. Those I do make are limited to the hospitality and leisure markets."

He paused.

"In short I use what wealth I have managed to accumulate thus far to either help out my friends or to give me somewhere to get away undisturbed. So my question is what's in it for me to help you?"

"Alright. I apologize. I'm Natalie LaForte, CEO of the IMF and The Trade Federation. I can make a lot of things happen for you, I could custom design a ship, probably assist in building any number of locations and go as far as attempting to construct a planet for you, however that may be out of the realm of possibility, for now." smiling after saying this.

"I'm aware that you make very few investments, however perhaps you can turn a new leaf, for somebody who can make your wildest dreams come true; as long as it doesn't involve any romance between us, I am currently engaged." reaching for her glass of water and taking a sip.

[member="Vengeance"]

Marcus took a sip of water.

"Ok so you are offering me things you can't do yet. Which amounts to an I Owe You?"

Marcus paused.

"I have a custom ship that is more than sufficient for my needs......it's currently sitting at the starport as a matter af fact. Anything more substantial I can get from any number of governments I already have an agreement with. Also if I wanted a planet Miss LaForte I would already have one. I have no desire to be a King, President, Chancellor, or any other version of public service that keeps me confined to a single world."

Marcus shook his head.

"Your personal life is of no consequence to me Miss LaForte and it has no place in a business discussion. So why don't we stick with what you can do for me today."

Natalie looked down, scratching her head then looking back up. "Well, I could make you something... extra special? I could find you something? I could... do something for you. Listen, you're not making this easy to hash out the terms. If you have everything... why run an investment company? I don't want to sound cliche, but do you do loans? Do you want to give me money to expand my corporate prowess and I'll pay you back at a rate of 5%, compound interest."

"Do you just not want anything or are you playing hard-to-get?"

[member="Vengeance"]

Marcus looked at the young lady for a moment before he responded.

"You called me Miss LaForte not the other way around. Perhaps it would be best to lay out exactly what it is you want from me. Then we can discuss what it is I expect in return. That is usually how a business proposal works is it not?"

He paused for a moment leaning in to finish his food before it got cold speaking between bites.

"If expansion is what you want my help with then tell which worlds you want to expand to. If a loan is all you need then tell me how much."

Marcus chuckled.

"While the wine and dine method does work I would really just prefer you get to the point Miss LaForte. I prefer my business partners......even the potential ones to be unapologetically blunt."

"Unapolletically blunt? Very well. A small loan of ten million credits, which will be paid back within ten years, either through you taking IMF products with their material value being exchanged for a credit sum or just the company paying you back. Really, it is that simple."

"And I would hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I am currently late for a senate meeting in Commenor, at least behind schedule to say. If the deal suggested suits, then I'll have it written out and electronically sent to you, which you can then sign at your leisure."

Natalie looked down to her wristwatch and noticed the candles were lighting up the room more than usual. It was clearly turning to night, and the pale blue of the sky casted down towards the glass through the fog. They hadn't been here for long, Natalie preferred doing her business at later times for.. obvious reasons.

[member="Vengeance"]

Marcus nodded.

"Send me the paperwork and I will look over it."

He stood taking a last sip of his drink before dropping enough credits on the table to cover his meal.

"It's always a pleasure to be back on this end of the Sector. Good day Miss LaForte."

Marcus gave her a quick nod before heading back to his ship and getting back to Bastion to do a little research. The mention of a Senate on Commenor intrigued him. He would have to ask around about Commenor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom