Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Dueling Desires (Draven and Elami: Part 2)

Elami Iria Elami Iria

Draven had at last returned to Coruscant. On a somewhat official point of business this time. As he had been brought on a lead regarding a weapon smuggler. One which was part of a organization which he'd been at odds with for a long while. Still he didn't quite understand their name. It seemed it evolved based upon which portion of the system he found himself at. What he was annoyed at was this particular smuggler seemed to be trying to dabble into the sales of prototypes. The last thing the galaxy needed was more sales of weapons which had yet to be defined and potentially could harm not just the user, but by standard's, and anyone unfortunate enough to catch the bad end of their testing field.

Draven roamed the halls dressed in a slate grey hooded robe. As well as tan pants without any shoes. While he carried his normal pack and his lightsaber equipped to his belt. Even while out in the open the design made it so it could easily be overlooked. Even though he wasn't actively trying to hide it. He was headed to the training halls to spar some while he waited to figure out who his partner would be upon the world. When he contacted the temple he had made it clear he would be needing someone with experience around the world here. Since he had only visited once and the last time had been a year and a half.

Draven was glad to be back on the world. To see what changes it had under gone. He himself had undergone a fair bit of his own changes. Time tended to do that to all things. It was important to understand that was how time worked. Draven still had his nightmares. He still was more violent than the average Jedi. Though now at the age of 18 Draven had begun to seek a more enlightened view on the universe and beyond it. Know the force better. Grow.

The past year and a half had been more emotionally draining than what he had been prepared for. It had been mentally taxing. Which in many ways was a good thing. Above all though it had been necessary. As he was finally starting to mature past his own objectives and hardships and rooting himself more into the needs of others. This was one of the ways he worked was hunting down the wrongdoers. To try and reduce the violence and hostility that many worlds faced. Especially, that of the corrupt source.

Draven wandered over to a sparring mat and closed his eyes. Waiting patiently until someone arrived so he could begin sparring. He in the meantime began flowing through combat meditation. Where he slowly ran through motions of various combat techniques. Before slowly speeding up the movements and creating combinations and a routine. While he allowed his mind to slip into the currents of the force.

Tags: Draven Eterena Draven Eterena

div-green.png

Elami didn’t know why she had been given a new assignment. It had been nearly two years now since her first Master had died and she took up permanent residence in the Coruscant Temple. The Mirialan Padawan had not been off the planet since then. She had a new Master now, but Master Millia’s status in the Order was a bit hazy. As a result Elami had been pretty much on her own to find her own way in the galaxy.

Though she had been strictly on Coruscant, she did spend a good amount of time away from the temple and even managed to requisition an old SS01 X-wing Space Superiority Starfighter that she had been working on repairing in the hopes of venturing out a bit more. Still, she had not been assigned an official mission outside of library research recently, she was quite curious what this was about.

Elami had just finished working a bit on her starfighter with her astromech R3-0B. She was making her way back to her room which would take her past the training rooms. Elami wasn’t paying much attention to her surroundings as she looked at the latest diagnostics that R3 provided. She froze in mid-stride however as she felt a familiar presence. She followed the feeling towards one of the rooms designated for sparring and combat routines. She saw Draven going through his combinations and gave a high pitched sound before hiding behind R3.

The droid gave a soft warble to Elami as she hid. ”Yes. I know who it is,” Elami responded in a panicked tone. She tried her best to clean the grease off of her face as she considered what she would say to the young man who helped her construct and program R3 and gone on a couple of dates, well Elami considered them dates at least. The droid made a louder welcome to Draven and Elami stopped her work trying to clean up and stood up. ”Thanks a lot pal,” she whispered to R3, before she smiled shyly at Draven. ”Hey. I didn’t know that you were back on Coruscant. What’re you doing here?”

Tags: Elami Iria Elami Iria

Draven's consciousness managed to begin spreading through the temple. While his mind surfed the currents of the force. Letting it lead him and hopefully help him find calmness. However, upon touching someone familiar Draven's breathing hitched for a second. Causing him to slightly stumble before he quickly recovered and proceeded to return to his motions. Doing his best to not fixate on the individual whom he had sensed. Draven had mixed feelings about her presence. While he was still fond of her. He was a bit annoyed they'd lost touch with one another for so long.

Draven was aware of her approach along with her droid companion. Even if she was trying her hardest to remain unnoticed by him. He could hear her high pitched expression of being startled. Was aware she hid behind R3. As well as could observe the silent exchange she had between the droid. Though out of politeness. Draven did his best to ignore the context of the conversation. Not wishing to be so rude and intrusive. Though because of this being a meditation exercise his senses were naturally dialed up quite a bit.

Draven slowly stilled his movements when R3 finally called out to him. While he finally reached a stilled position and opened his eyes. Glancing over to the droid which was one of the few he could genuinely appreciate. "Hey, R3. Hope you've been doing well for yourself" Draven expressed. While he granted Elami a moment to compose herself.

Draven then turned his attention to Elami. Before he couldn't help but blush a little. Ugh... He hated the fact he found her so dang appealing and cute. He let out a soft sigh. Before he shook his head some and approached her. "I'm here for Jedi business. Though also I am currently just trying to seek some sparring. To kill time before I get partnered up for my mission here."

Draven was always blunt and to the point. Though despite wishing to remain annoyed at their previous loss of contact. Draven's words were soft as mostly he was relieved to see she was still alive and around. "I do wish we'd remained in better contact. You were missed. Though I am glad to see you here and now."

Draven carefully reached out towards her. His hand slow in case she wanted to pull away. If she didn't decide to back away from his hand. He'd first fix a few loose strands of her hair. Before he wiped off a smudge of grease she had missed. When he completed his task provided that she let him do so he gave a gentle smile towards her while a thought crossed his mind. "I believe I promised you a sparring session as a potential date. If you'd of course still be interested. At least until I get called to meet with whom I'm supposed to address my mission with."

div-green.png

Elami knew she was caught but still Draven had given her the space that she needed to compose herself. Maybe he needed a moment too, but she doubted it. He seemed so confident and sure of himself. Maybe he was good at pretending to be confident. That was something Elami was never very good at. Even before Master Kyleis’ death when she felt more confident. But Elami bet that the reason Draven seemed confident was because he did good things during the time that they had been apart. Certainly more than Elami had done.

Thankfully Draven addressed R3 first. It gave Elami another few seconds to build up her courage. R3 was happy to have a biologic being that he knew would understand him and warbled for a moment about his achievements on the starfighter that was nearly spaceworthy and the adventures he hoped to have soon provided his partner would get over things and actually leave Coruscant.

Elami blushed at the statement. She had every intention of using her ship when it was ready. No real idea where they would go and if it would end up being an adventure or not, but she was going to fly it. Draven’s attention turned from the droid to her and the first obvious sign of trepidation came over him. For some reason a proud smirk formed on Elami’s face that it was her that caused it.

Elami nodded at his purpose. It was hardly surprising, visitors from within the order rarely came to Coruscant just as a tourist. It was always with purpose. ”Your form is good,” she responded meaning his combat routine, but the meaning of her statement didn’t make her blush any less at having made the compliment. She had regretted the loss of their seemingly instant bond that had formed. It was probably still why she was so introverted. Nothing was going to match it. She missed it a lot.

”I missed you too,” Elami admitted quickly and openly. She was much more timid than Draven, but she didn’t see any reason to hide her feelings. ”I should have done a better job of reaching out. You were busy out there and my only missions were in the temple library. I was afraid though. I’ve heard it said that long distance romances only end badly…”

Elami closed her eyes and allowed Draven’s hand to move a lock of hair and clean a missed smudge. She started to internally curse herself for looking so disheveled in front of him, but his touch made her forget such things as she gave a pleasant hum and her warm feelings filled the area around them. ”I believe you are correct,” Elami stated with a smile as she came back to the real world after the euphoria of Draven’s touch passed. ”I’ve been practicing more of late, since my X-Wing is nearly ready. Can’t go out in the galaxy unprepared right?” she gave a shy giggle. ”Practice swords or live blades?” she asked with a confident wink. ”By the way. Pretty sure that your partner for your mission is standing right in front of you. Master Zol requested my presence. And she only usually helps me with tasks, never gives them out. Seems like your arrival and my sudden assignment would be quite a coincidence if they are not connected.”

Draven was fascinated to listen to R3's tale to tell. About how it was doing in regards to getting Elami starbound. Since he hefted most of the programming weight in the project. He had a better understanding of the language R3 utilized for communicating. So, he was able to keep up with the various tones and expressions the droid vocalized.

Draven found it a bit cute how the droid chided Elami for not getting off the planet. A sentiment which Draven happened to share with the bot. Draven listened to Elami's responses when they finally conversed. Heaving a soft sigh as he smiled a bit. "The only failed relationship, is a relationship which lacked genuine effort placed into it by both partners. I am not going to be unfaithful, and unless I am dead. I am willing to invest into you. So, long as you are wanting to make things work."

Draven kept the expression short and hoped she understood he wasn't scolding her. Draven merely wanted her to understand. He wanted to work to make things work if she wanted the relationship to work. "Unless you are expressing I need to just kidnap and keep you and R3 with me on my various adventures." He added with a bit more of a playful tone.

Draven opened his palm and caught the hilt of his lightsaber as it unclipped and shot up into his hand. Before his other hand got a hold of the tool he needed. To adjust the screw responsible for the blade's intensity. Making sure he tuned it down to a level which would essentially leave light burns at worse if he tagged her with the blade. Draven would have to remember to return the intensity to a lethal level when the sparring session was done.

He had made the mistake not to return the intensity to a deadly level before following a sparring session. The resulted confusion lead to a small bit of humor when he tried to finish off an opponent in the field. Of course Draven just knocked the confused fellow out. Then went on as if that was purposefully done. Though.. it wasn't a mishap he intended to repeat.

Draven clipped his lightsaber back onto his belt and placed the tool back into his pack. Before he began to bounce about on the soles of his feet. Doing some foot work. While he allowed Elami to do her tuning. As well as get prepared for the sparring session. Draven remembered his promise not to underestimate her ability. Therefore, he would be careful to take her seriously. While also find a balance in ensuring he didn't harm her.

"If you are my field partner. This will be a good way to figure out how well you handle yourself. Provided I would do my best to keep you from taking too much fire. So, long as you patch me up after." Draven playfully remarked in response to her suggesting she might be the one accompanying him on the mission here.

div-green.png

Elami was glad that R3 and Draven got in a chat before the conversation turned to her. She did give her droid a not quite friendly nudge when R3 suggested she might not take the next step and leave Coruscant, but that was more because she sensed Draven’s mirth over the exchange.

The young Mirialan gave a soft sigh at Draven’s wise words about relationships and how they can’t develop if no one tries at them. It made ”You’re right,” Elami responded timidly with a bit of shame evident in her tone. Her eyes lit up when Draven made statements that he was still interested in her and that he wanted to try. ”I would very much like to make things work. I will remain faithful. I can promise that much. And maybe with my X-wing getting up and running the long distance thing won’t have to be such a thing.” Was Elami getting even more excited about leaving Coruscant? Maybe even doing missions again?

At the kidnapping implication Elami blushed mightily. She wondered what that would do for them in the long run, and Jedi kidnapping another Jedi from the temple. She smiled knowing that it was just a joke, but there was certainly some appeal to the idea. ”Not sure it’s called kidnapping when the hostage goes along willingly. I mean I know I’m a Jedi and all, so the Order could make the claim…but I’m not a child.” Elami smiled and gave Draven a link. ”How would that kidnapping go? Would you throw me over your shoulder and run off with me? R3 would follow dutifully behind of course.”

Elami watched Draven’s lightsaber appear in his hand. She guessed that meant live blades on non-lethal setting. It was a pretty snazzy trick using the Force so he didn’t reach for it. Elami smirked. ”R3?” she asked hoping the droid would understand the cue. He did and both of Elami’s lightsabers were sent in a low arc to be pulled out of midair by the Force and ending up in Elami’s hands. She watched as Draven made the adjustment to his weapon. Since she hadn’t been on a real mission in two years, Elami's weapons were already set at a training level.

”I’m ready,” Elami said as she flipped the hilt in her right hand. ”You trust me not to kill you right? My weapons have already been set for training.” She got in her ready position. Left shoulder facing towards Draven, one blue blade held up parallel to her chest. The other blue blade lit behind her in her right handed reverse grip.

”You’re better off being careful that I don’t walk into a trap or put my foot in my mouth. I haven’t been in the field for a while. I’m bound to be rusty. If fighting starts you can be sure I’ll have your back as well as you have mine,” Elami stated over the hum of her blades. ”I’ll happily show you I’m up for the challenge now. If I disappoint I’ll step down as your partner and we can just plan out a new date plan.” This was said with complete seriousness. She did not want him to allow her out in the field if he thought she would be a liability if chit hit the fan.

Draven was please they had a mutual understanding to try and develop their relationship together. Initially, an argument could of been made. Their first encounter had been puppy love. Two inexperienced individuals who just had a euphoric moment upon physical attraction. Of course they had deeper draws than that. As well as it wasn't just surface. If even after so long apart. They could easily jump back into continuing their relationship. Still clearly having some kind of connection there.

"I know. Which is why I would solely do it on the basis of your consent, Milady. As for what the details would of been that's for me to know and you to possibly find out." Draven responded to her. In regards to how he would of kidnapped her. If she willingly volunteered to be dragged along. "Besides. Of course, R3 would dutifully tag along. Someone would have to make sure you behaved."

Draven's smile to her was radiant. Though when the time came and she drew her blades. His expression returned back to a gentle and almost stoic expression. Admiration for Elami still radiated in his eyes. Considering she was one of the few people he tried to express true emotion towards. Though he was grounding himself in readiness for their duel. The hard part would be for Draven to find the medium between being respectful towards her skills, while also understanding this wasn't someone he could let loose on.

Draven physically unclipped his blade this time. Taking it into his left hand and placing his left foot behind himself. He then placed his right hand as a support hand. A little known fact was Draven was ambidextrous after extensive training. From this position he raised his lightsaber above his head. Angling the blade downwards at approximately a 45° angle. While his gaze shifted to an expression of duty. "Please don't bank your involvement on how this duel goes. I would take you any day. Because you are someone I trust."

Draven was now watching to see how Elami would adjust in response to his taking stance. So, he was able to adjust accordingly and respond as needed. Draven also wanted to see if Elami intended to focus on bladework and bench force abilities. Otherwise, if she wanted them to both give it their all. "Ready."

div-green.png

They were on the same page regarding where their relationship was, and the hopes for where it could go to. It was odd such things were important to a Jedi, but the New Order was not the same as the one that Elami spent most of her time dedicated to studying. Whatever the expectation of the Jedi, Elami drew comfort from Draven, confidence and acceptance that she had trouble with in others. This could only lead to good things in her mind.

The Mirialan Padawan blushed as Draven teased her about the specifics of a kidnapping plan. ”Fair enough. But I’m not going to let my guard down. I wouldn’t want to make the attempt too easy. No matter how willing I am to be taken away.” R3 gave a warbled groan that seemed upset without having any true meaning. He then voiced his displeasure that they both thought he would just follow along like he had a restraining bolt that would require his eternal devotion to the Jedi. Elami laughed that off. ”We did build you R3. I think it’s a little bit more than saying you’re a slave motivated droid. We’re family. You wouldn’t let me get into trouble without you.”

Elami could see the fight between joy and determination that was on Draven’s face. She wondered if her own look mirrored his. It is certainly how she felt. After so long apart the last thing she really wanted to do was to test each other’s combat prowess. At the same time, running off to make up for lost time was not exactly the actions of a Jedi. So here they were. The determination came from the fact that the quicker their practice duel was complete the faster they could find something else to do and hopefully avoid the notice of Master Zol.

Master Kylelis taught Elami to be prepared for any sort of opponent. That being the case the fact that Draven chose to use a left handed approach did not phase her. She was pretty sure he used his right for most of the time they worked on R3 though. ”Please don’t think that I’m going to take it easy on you because I don’t have to beat you to get to come along. I trust you too. So don’t hold back until you have to. I haven’t given a fight my all for years. I need to know where I am with someone who isn’t holding back for the poor orphaned Padawan…” She smiled at his question and nodded her head. Her stance remained the same as previous and her muscles tensed as her feelings stretched out to the Force. ”I’m ready. Show me what you got.”

Draven felt Elami tap into the force and began to apply her emotions. Draven resisted the urge to start a combat loop feeding off her emotions. He didn't think she would be quite ready to see what a Vaapad practitioner could do to someone who applied a little fuel. Draven was new to Vaapad. Though his Matukai Jedi master Saki Saki had imparted him with a lot of skills designed to weaponize him essentially. In addition to teachings from other masters of blade work and combat.

As such Draven was going to use the root of his teachings. Though he was going to hybridize and find his own ideal applications. Draven drew in the force and began channeling it through him. A cloak of force energy starting to radiate around his body and began crackling. Draven instinctually began to create an internal loop. While he wasn't going to feed off Elami's emotions. He was looping the aspects of his body such as his breathing, his muscles tensing and relaxing, the adrenaline of the upcoming duel, his focus.

Draven then shot in towards Elami. His step and momentum was swift and with powerful intent. Beyond that of the average Jedi. The force propelling him forward and enhancing his movements, power, and reflexes. He made a wide yet controlled stroke in a diagonal manner aimed towards her left shoulder. Intending to land a blow to get her off balance. Depending on how she blocked or evaded would determine the follow up strikes to keep momentum.

div-green.png

Time for words had come and gone. They admitted their youthful mistakes and desire to make up for them. Now it seemed that one of their promised “dates” was about to take place. It wasn’t the most romantic of endeavors, but it would be exciting. Besides, it would give each of them a chance to show off a little. Elami to herself as much as to prove to Draven she wasn’t some meek library flower. For Draven combat had been a part of him for a while it would be good for him to show what he had as well.

Elami couldn’t tell that Draven was holding back something, but somehow she knew that it was not going to affect the direction of the duel. He was going to give his all, to the point where great bodily damage would be put onto Elami. She would do the same of course. And their lightsaber setting had already established that. She wondered what Draven was hiding, but would ask that later. She knew he had studied combat extensively, and in the year since they had last spoken she doubted he had abandoned that study. Elami had only practiced three forms of combat, settling on Shien and Djem So of Form five. She had studied the others and new that some had aspects that were best not used in a friendly spar. That is what Elami assumed was going on here.

As she stood in complete calmness, she could feel the maelstrom within Draven. Not a dangerous one, to himself and his standing within the light, but more than what Elami had been taught. She smiled. ”Seems we learned two vastly different forms of combat,” Elami stated as she remained on the ready. She could see the energy of the Force building up around him. If not with her physical eyes certainly in her being as it joined with the Force.

When Draven lunged forward Elami was ready. He was much faster than Elami anticipated, but Elmai was fast as well. This came as much from her connection to the Force and its willingness to show her things before they happened as it was from practice and strength of muscles. Her left arm raised and the blue blade it guided moved to meet Draven’s attack. The strength and speed of Draven’s strike made Elami groan in exertion. Her right hand twitched behind her. It had been a while since Elami was excited for a duel. She was having a hard time staying within herself and not striking out with her second blade recklessly. But she held for now, waiting to see what Draven would do following her defense.

Draven didn't seem to express any form of surprise that Elami was able to read his attack and block it. He didn't think she was a delicate piece of glass who would shatter at the slightest bump. Additionally, Draven worked with her before to understand that she put work into things. Things which demanded a fair level of physique to be able to complete. Draven also could feel how naturally Elami was able to slip into the currents of the force. Draven had a similar naturality to his slipping into the currents of the force. Though he knew they were both gifted in different aspects. He guessed from her response she had some form of gifts with precognition.

Precognition was handy in combat. Draven couldn't deny a slight bit of envy she was gifted in this regard. Though there were multiple ways to telegraph an opponent's actions. Draven needed to remain a controlled storm. Just because someone could assess a maneuver. Didn't mean they could always properly respond in the giving time. Draven's opening technique while powerful and with intention. Was also a means for him to establish the initiative, close the distance, and put him in control of the momentum of the fight. Which was important in any kind of duel. Though most important when fighting against any style which would benefit from being on the aggressive.

Draven kept the pressure upon Elami's blade though released his right hand and slipped his left to a better position of leverage. His blade adjusting angle just the slightest bit. He knew this would momentarily ease the slightest bit of pressure placed on his partner. Though Draven was adapting to the blade lock. He made a slight shift of his body to step in closer and to the side of Elami he was in control of currently. To minimize her options of what her free blade could accomplish. His tactic wasn't going to be testing who could overpower the other. Elami's posture was solid and even though Draven could try and press that through strength alone. That would drain more of his energy than she would exert and leave him too open for a strike from her other blade.

Instead, Draven was trying to apply enough force to keep their blades locked and maneuver them both where he wanted. Keeping the swift momentum, he had established in their initial clash. Otherwise, he was hoping to force her to disengage on his terms. Where he could shoot in with a combo to try and break her guard. If she allowed him to properly position himself. She'd observe him use his dominant foot to try and strike the shin of her support leg. To force her to an unbalanced knelt position; where gravity and the loss of her balance could assist him in pushing down her blade upon herself and break her block. While his position and free hand would be on the ready to control any retaliation strikes from her right blade to try and force him back.

Dueling was a form of art in many ways. Even though words were rarely exchanged. A lot could be communicated through non-verbal means. Draven kept his eyes on her eyes. While his eyes didn't communicate his intentions. It was clear he was calculating things while leaving enough open-mindedness to respond to any tricks up Elami's sleeves. Draven had been through enough fights to understand. Only a fool would consider themselves victorious before the fight had reached its definitive conclusion. He was also non-verbally prompting Elami to give her response to his pressed attack.

div-green.png

The early stalemate was no surprise to Elami. Though she could still feel the Force energy crackling around Draven with more intensity than she was used to in practice with other Jedi, suggesting that the spar would be anything but tame, it was still prudent to feel your opponent out before going all out and showing what you can do.

The initial clash of blades came with more force that Elami was ready for, and though she was able to hold off Draven’s blade it was a little closer of a matter than Elami would have wished if they were in a battle for their lives and their blades were at full power. Still she matched Draven’s glare and tried to remain as confident as possible. Draven’s movement away from easy reach of her right arm showed that he was aware of her two bladed form, and had likely at the very least practiced against it. Elami’s confidence with that waned a bit as she knew that his fighting style was not something she had encountered, or not that she could remember at least.

Her powers would give her insight into the possible next move of the bout, but the future was always changing. Even in such a short time frame of the start to finish of a blade slash. Fighters who were good at selling their feints would have enough effort placed into them to fool the most gifted with the Force. Elami still needed to think and react fast, she was just getting more information than the average Jedi. And as she held Draven’s blade at bay, she was pretty sure that he knew that she was operating on some sort of advantage.

Elami allowed Draven to move freely. Her footwork tried to shift her own body in a manner that would allow her right dominant hand not to be completely taken out of the fight, but for now she was willing to play cautious and patient. The kick Draven performed forced Elami to pull backwards or risk being pushed to the ground. She tried her best to keep the tension between their blades as taught as possible, but her movement gave Draven some freedom to make his next move. That being the case, Elami opted to strike out with her right-handed blade towards Draven’s left side. Her hope was that he would need to divert attention to this new threat and they could reset, but she could tell he was not going to be caught off guard by the move and wondered what he really had up his sleeve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom