Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Duel Duel At the Grotto

Arcturus unceremoniously dropped the dripping corpse of the Shi'ido upon the outcrop, his smashed in head bouncing slightly like one last insult. The Shaal was talking to him, promising him information (and Rhi's ship) in exchange for his life, but all of it was underpinned by his wife's laborious cries.
"You are belonging to me now, Shaal" he declared, as he stepped from the ledge and descended swiftly to the ground, kicking up a wave of dust in the process. "You will go back to the Holy City and send for the Archimandrite and his procession. If you do not return, with them, I will see your body defiled just as you will soon see your former Master's. This I swear to you."
Then he turned, and hastened his step into the cave.
Inside he found the trio of children, and his beloved Goddess sprawled upon the floor. "One of you fetch some water" he instructed, softer this time than his previous orders toward the two boys had been, "And someone hold her hand." He peeked over at Rhiannon's sweat-strewn face, still forgetting the state of his own body, and then knelt between her legs. "Try not to break their hand, my love" he whispered, "All will be well."
Arcturus did not know a whole lot about childbirth when it came to people but he'd witnessed it with animals over the years, he'd had quite the menagerie over the years after all. "I've heard it's easier to stand, if you can" he tried to offer, "But babe, you do whatever you need to do..."
He settled one hand on her tummy, barely touching, and devotedly sought to help her deliver their second born son, calm and hopefully soothing breaths and words throughout.

Dev watched Desdinova go, remaining rooted to the spot until the god disappeared from view. He exhaled a breath he hadn’t known he was holding, then shook his head. “Right. Get the Archimandrite and his procession… Wait, what the feth is an Archimandrite? Does he mean the High Priest?...”

Upon seeing Arc, Rhi was utterly bewildered. “Why are you wearing an Atargatis Skin?” she asked, blowing a strand of sweat-soaked hair out of her face as she spoke.

But she was grateful he was here, that much was clear. “Yes, water for washing. Look at you—you’re not catching our baby with dirty hands.” Blood-covered hands, in fact.

Both Eloise and Marcus reached for her. She kissed them both, but ultimately braced her hands against the stone floor, making a strangled noise as the next contraction came and went. “Stand?” she whimpered. “No, no. The easiest way would be in a hot tub… Wait a minute.” She started to rise. “Why the hell am I trying to give birth in a fething cave? We have a ship with water and—” Breaking off, she sank back down again. “Never mind. It’s happening.

Things went fairly quickly from there. Rhi cursed like a sailor throughout the delivery, though afterward she would say it was a lot easier than pushing out the twins had been. The baby came out in sections—a slick, wet head and red shoulders squeezed through, followed by flailing limbs slimy with blood and Force knew what other fluids. As soon as he was caught, Starlin Dinn let out a piercing wail, healthy and breathing and outraged at being kicked out of the warmth and safety of his mother’s womb.

“Wow,” Marcus said, while Eloise plugged her ears to drown out her new baby brother’s shrill cries.

Rhiannon's question knocked some sense back into him, and he reached for another pebble to change from the skin into something a little less... odd. And decidedly cleaner. "Can't swim" he offered, as he approached, a tiny smile on his lips, "Seemed better than drowning."
Water for him, for washing? Yeah. Even with a change of clothes he was still bloodied, both black blood and his own, so when water was fetched he first scrubbed himself down as quickly as he could. "Fetch a clean pail, please" he instructed to nobody in particular, knowing that one of their children would see it done given the circumstances.
When his wife tried to rise Arcturus shuffled back slightly, he'd meant it when he told her to do whatever was best for her, but before she could move to the grotto, or to have Beholder summoned, their son decided he simply had to come out.
He was there for the rest of it, lightly supporting head and then body as it slid out into the world. With Starlin soon safely cradled within both of his hands, small enough to fit without his head lolling over the edge, he glanced to where the towels Eloise had fetched lay and pulled one over to wrap around the babe, umbilical cord still attached.
A quick clean and he was offered up to his mother once the rest of the afterbirth process had happened. He kissed at Rhiannon's forehead, uncaring of the sweat, and ran a hand over Starlin's fluffy hair. There wasn't much of it, it was rather feathery and sparse, but it was, you guessed it, red.
"I am so proud of you" he whispered, before turning his head to look at the trio of children awkwardly waiting, "Of all of you. C'mere, meet your little brother..." When Pharus inevitably did not join the others, Arcturus offered a hand his way.
"You too, please... You were outstanding."

Last edited:
Rhi looked past her bent knees, watching as Arc wrapped the newborn in a clean towel. She had dreamed of this moment, too, imagining what it would be like, how he would react. Perhaps Arc had envisioned it too at some point, wondering what it would’ve been like if he had been there when the twins were born, or pondering over Star’s impending arrival.

He laid the bundled baby against her chest, then kissed her forehead. Tired as she was, Rhi began to look Star over, counting fingers and toes, making sure everything was in its right place. Between his conception in the Netherworld and the ritual she had undergone while pregnant, she hadn’t quite been sure what to expect, but he seemed normal. Perfect.

Look at that hair. Another redhead.” She pouted at Arcturus. “Will you give me a blonde next time?

She had just given birth, and was already thinking about having another? Rhi was a trooper, that was for sure.

"I am so proud of you."

I’m proud of you, too.” He had killed a god, and she had given birth to one. They made a pretty good team. Reaching up, she pulled him into a kiss. “And I’m glad you were here,” she said softly.

As for the children, the twins were already peering down at their brother. Marcus immediately kissed and caressed Star, his touches gentle. Eloise, who had been hoping in vain for a sister, was less enthusiastic upon being confronted with a brother instead, but she soon began to warm up to him, watching him wiggle his tiny fingers and yawn toothlessly.

Pharus had turned his back on them some time during the birthing process, and continued to stare out at the grotto beyond the cave until Arc called to him.

"You too, please... You were outstanding."

Pharus turned to face him. “I did what was necessary,” he said coldly. Necessary for my survival, was what he meant. Glancing toward Rhi and Star, he asked, “Shouldn’t the baby be looked at by a doctor?” in hopes that it would prompt them to leave this place.

Who needs a doctor when you have the Force?” Rhi replied.

Besides, there was more to do there. Dev had returned, the High Priest and his retainers marching behind him.

"We have a blonde" he whispered softly as he kissed her cheek, not looking to make poor Pharus feel any more awkward or thrust into things, "But yes, my love, we'll have as many as you'd like."
He savoured her kiss, cheeks reddening to the fact that she'd wanted him present for this, then settled back to give the twins space to fawn over little Starlin and their mother. Pharus remained unconvinced.
"Necessary, yes, but you did well, and I am proud of you." Arcturus' heart dropped slightly, he did so wish he could find a way to show Pharus that they weren't the bad guys here, that they'd done what they had back on Eliad for his own sake, to keep him alive and in charge of his ancestral lands.
Maybe some time with just the two of them was in order.
Alas, for now there were other things to tend to.
"I'm going to send for Beholder" he told Rhiannon softly, "It's been a busy day, the children need their rest." He did not want them around for what came next, not even the eldest. Another kiss, then he rose up and summoned his spherecraft which was quick to appear overhead in the grotto itself. He turned to address the congregation for a moment, knowing he'd need a little time before they could actually begin.
"See the Trickster's protégé put in chains" he instructed, "And then have a campfire set. I shall return shortly, with a miracle."
With that he returned to the cave. "Wait here, beloved, I shall be back in no time." Then he herded the children back into Beholder, to clean up and go to bed.

Well, I want another. I want to use up all the bead slots on that chain you gave me,” Rhi said, kissing Star’s little foot. “Ah, he’s so beautiful. Thank you.

Pharus appeared to ignore Arc, standing silent with his arms crossed. He accompanied Marcus and Eloise aboard Beholder without complaint. The twins were a little more reluctant, but after receiving hugs and kisses from their parents, they were bundled off to bed.

Would you bring me a change of clothes, please?” Rhi asked Arc before he left. She sensed that he had something planned and preferred to be presentable, but more than that, she wanted to be clean and comfortable.

Dev grinned and bore his treatment at the hands of the High Priest’s attendants. He was as much a “god” as Desdinova, and could easily free himself. Still, he would have to be careful and clever to escape. He had no desire to wind up in a fight against the one who had just annihilated his master…

Arcturus Dinn Arcturus Dinn

"Whatever you want in life, whatever it is, I will make it yours." He kissed her, kissed Starlin, promised to bring her back something to wear, and then hurried off the children to bed. Pharus was given a little more grace than the youngsters to do as he bid, so long as he remained on the ship. Arcturus even gave him access to his library of books in his office should he wish to read up on any of it.
He returned with a white dress, simpler than that which had been worn for their wedding, as well as fresh, warm water and a washcloth. Setting the dress to one side, bundled with it a swaddle for Starlin, he carefully set about cleaning up Rhiannon as best as one could with a sponge bath. "Do your best to relax" he whispered, he didn't really want her doing very much of anything right now. He was her husband, this was his duty.
Soon he had her dressed, the babe swaddled (he'd been practicing the proper method), then he turned to his beloved. "I can carry you, if you would like?" he offered, "Or you can meet your people on your feet. Either way, you are radiant, and you have brought forth a miracle."

Rhi had begun to doze off by the time Arc returned. She stirred as he approached, and went very still as he bathed her. It felt a little strange, she had to admit, despite how close they were. She could not recall ever having done anything similar for him. Even when he first returned after four years spent wandering the Nether, he hadn’t been as helpless as she was now. So thin that he shivered at the slightest chill, yes, but that was solved with a hot bath and lying next to him in bed at the hotel room, sharing the warmth of her body. There was something far more personal about this, and far more touching. Perhaps because it couldn’t have been that pleasant, cleaning up the mess of sweat and blood and Force knew what else.

I love you,” she whispered as he took Star from her. She sniffed and wiped her eyes, tears finally falling as she watched him swaddle the newborn with practiced motions. The white dress was soft and slippery against her skin, like she was wearing a cloud.

Drawing upon the Force only a little, she was able to stand. “On my own two feet,” she said, smiling. She was beautiful, her face radiant and her blonde hair like a golden halo around her head. Kissing him, she reached out her arms to take Star. “All right, let’s go show the restless natives what shenanigans we’ve been up to today.

As soon as she exited the cave, the High Priest bowed to her. “Adamanthea,” he whispered, staring with wide eyes at the baby she held to her breast. “The child…”

I promised that I would give birth to a god,” she said. “And I have done so today, here where the underworld and the sky meet. You already know him as Inakhos, god of the waters and the rain, which pass between our two realms with ease.

It seemed the High Priest—whose religious faith and fervor came from a place of genuine belief—was deeply moved. He knelt down at once, as did the rest of his attendants.

She did not stop him.
Part of him had feared she might, but she didn't.
The process went on without a hitch, he was gentle and methodical, giving her as much dignity and grace as he possibly could, and then he did the same with Starlin though he was so small it was much easier to see him cleaned. Once swaddled, he watched as she made her way to her feet, awe set into every facet of his being, then handed over Starlin without hesitation. She hadn't even needed to reach for him, though she did.
This was Rhiannon's moment, not his. He would stand in the shadows, and watch her shine as she always did. Now with added Stars...
She took the lead, earning her the awe and admiration of those who had congregated before the cave, and Arcturus looked on with pride. Their son was named for a God, that who pertained to the waters and rivers of the land, and given his place of birth it seemed more than fitting. His divine wife, his divine child, both of them miracles, both of them blessings.
He waited until all were knelt in reverence before stepping almost to Rhiannon's side, so that it was clear all bowed for her, then fixed his gaze to Dev who was no doubt still standing.
When a suitable, respectful amount of time had passed, he finally chose to address all who were gathered, though he kept a step back from Rhi and Starlin all the same.
"On this day, the False God was felled" he stated, pointing to the remnants of their Trickster-God, "And a true God reborn." His free hand drifted through his son's feathery hair, timid, tender. "We shall feast on the fallen, return his misplaced energies back into the stratosphere, in the name of the risen!" His pointing finger turned over to Dev. "And he shall be first to taste his Master's flesh. Only then will he be freed from his binds."
With his declarations made, Arcturus took another step back, resting a hand gently against Rhiannon's shoulder. His voice was muted when he next spoke, meant only for her. "How are you feeling? Would you like to sit?"

What?!” Dev blurted. “You’re going to make me eat him? That’s… that’s disgusting!”

The Trickster had not been a hungry god, nor did his desert followers sacrifice their people to him. That was a practice reserved for the degenerate city-dwellers who worshiped the likes of Adamanthea and Desdinova. Now that he thought about it, Dev probably should have expected something along these lines when he threw his lot in with the victor of the duel. Oh well. At least Kolinahr wasn’t the same species as him, so it wasn’t technically cannibalism. Still, it was just so… wrong.

Rhi was distracted, facilitating Star’s first meal. Despite having tumbled out of his mother’s womb barely an hour ago, he was already whining with hunger. Definitely a Dinn baby.

She looked up when Arc addressed her. “Hell yes. Anybody got a chair?

One of the attendants brought her one. She sat down, babe cradled in her arms, while the others gawked at the image of a goddess nursing an infant god. “What are you all standing around for?” she asked. “Let’s get this barbecue started!

Dev grimaced as he was presented with the raw flesh of his master. Then, with a sigh, he gulped it down. “Tastes nothing like nuna, that’s for sure,” he muttered. “I better not get a disease from this…”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom