Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Vehicle DTI-60 Rail Battle Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
KFAD1fo.jpg

Image Source: http://www.deviantart.com/art/IDW-Main-Battle-Tank-73085367

Intent: To expand Deathtech Incorperated's inventory to vehichles.

Developement thread: If needed

Manufacturer: Deathtech Incorperated

Model: DeathTech Incorperated Rail Battle Tank- 60

Affiliation: Open Market

Modularity: None

Production: Mass-Produced

Material: Durasteel

Role: Main assault tank

Height: 3.04m (when on the ground) 5m (when hovering)

Length: 8m

Weight: 60 tons (60000kg)

Minimum Crew: 3 ( one driver, one commander, one gunner/loader)

Optimal Crew: 4 ( one driver, one commander, one gunner, one loader)

Propulsion: Repulsor lift

Top Speed: 70kph over flat terrain, 50kph over rough terrain

Armaments:
Magneticly Accelerated Railgun (Main gun) 20 rounds of Fin Stabilized Discarding Sabot Tungsten Penetrator Anti-armor rounds
.50 caliber coaxial slugthrower 1000 rounds
.50 caliber slugthrower mounted on top of the turret by the hatch(1000 rounds).

Squadron Count: 6 ( Based on deployment)

Passenger Capacity: 6 if they got the bravery to ride ON the tank.

Cargo Capacity: Just enough for one week of consumables for each crew member

Miscellaneous Equipment: Survival gear for all four optimal crew members. Extra fuel for the tank

Description: Amelia had the most wonderful of ideas. A death dealing hover tank with a big Karking railgun on it! Why not give it a rail gun to punch through the competition? The coaxial slugthrower shoots where you point the turret giving it infantry protection. A .50 caliber slugthrower mounted on the turret for protection from both air and ground targets. The turret holdung the railgun has 360 degrees of swivel and a 60 degree elevation arc. The turret by the entry hatch also has a 360 degree swivel but a 75 degree elevation arc to target in coming air attackers. The tank can function with three crewmembers but in order to be at full combat readyness it needs four crewmembers focused on their jobs. In convoy situations one tank can carry 6 soldiers or civilians on top of different areas of the tank, the turret can hold two, and one on each hover pod. Water, rations, and survival gear for four. The rations and water lasts for a week, one gallon of water a day. The lifts must be shut down to fire the main cannon. Without shutting down the lifts there will not be enough power to fire the main cannon effectively. As in opening a hole in a compound wall is achieved with the lifts on but not putting a whole in the tank guarding the compound enterance without shutting down the lifts.

[member="Lily Kirsche Kuhn"]
[member="Popo"]
[member="Draco Vereen"]

So embarrassing! That is what I get for posting a sub so dern early!

could one of you fine human beings please move this to Vehicle Creation?

Amelia Deathman said:
depleted Isotope-5
Isotope-5 is a liquid substance, it is also one of the rarest materials in the galaxy and the most expensive source of energy/fuel. I will need to see a 10 post development thread obtaining this either by mining or by purchasing from a dealer of this substance, whether it be from ATC or the Ravens (both own half the mining operations on Makeb).

The production of this, so long as Isotope-5 is used, cannot be larger than limited.

Sadly I should have done my research better. Isotope 5 is not a liquid but I still cannot use it as an anti armor round in a railgun. Considering that a railgun uses electromagnetic fields to accelerate a solid mass to a specific speed Isotope-5 causes a flux in gravitational forces and electromagnetic fields. So I have changed the rounds to normal fin stabilized discarding sabot rounds of tungsten.

Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/isotope-5

Source paragraph: first paragraph is about electromagnetic fields and the second is about how it is not a liquid specificly fuel rods for the isotope-5 droids used by the Hutt.

[member="Amelia Deathman"]
Much like the AAT (Armored Assault Tank) this operates on repulsorlift and has a large heavy cannon positioned at the top. In order for this to be accepted with such a powerful weapon then I will need to see the repulsorlift shut off, similarly to the AAT, when firing the main cannon, and experience a heavy recoil (or an even larger recoil, think pushback, if repulsorlifts are to remain on).

While I recognize your authority and will make the changes you require, according to videos I have watched and the EM Railgun developed by the US Navy there is very little recoil from the acceleration of the projectile. It is more like the sonic boom from the projectile breaking the sound barrier. Yes. Railgun is a very very powerful weapon however, it is not an unthinkable level of power. Just food for thought is all this li5tle post was about. I will tag you when I have made the edits. Please understand this is not meant to be rude or disrespectful.

Amelia Deathman said:
While I recognize your authority and will make the changes you require, according to videos I have watched and the EM Railgun developed by the US Navy there is very little recoil from the acceleration of the projectile. It is more like the sonic boom from the projectile breaking the sound barrier. Yes. Railgun is a very very powerful weapon however, it is not an unthinkable level of power. Just food for thought is all this li5tle post was about. I will tag you when I have made the edits. Please understand this is not meant to be rude or disrespectful.
I appreciate the edit, but I have seen an electromagnetic railgun fired by the US navy in a physics class, and have simply read through the wookiepedia page of some of these weapons, and the projectiles are launched at a speed hindered only by friction, meaning they would have the potential to reach the speed of light without ablation or resistance of wind and other elements. The sheer force applied to project these melt the bars that hold the weapon in place and shake the very ground that the fixated railgun is situated on.

Keep in mind that we do not make decisions on a whim, they are based on research made.
jVVTw3G.png
[member="Tefka"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom