Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Droz Munin's Beskar'gam

Status
Not open for further replies.
S u p e r i o r
sR6rjj8.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent | To create Droz Munin's personal armor.
  • Image Source | Source
  • Canon Link | N/A
  • Primary Source | Beskar'gam

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

• Classification | Multipurpose
  • Weight | Average
  • Resistances |
- Blasters (And other plasma type weapons) | Extreme
- Kinetic | High
- Lightsabers | Extreme
- Sonic | Low
- Ion/EMP | Very High
- Elemental |
Electricity | Very Low
Heat | Low
Cold | Low
Acid | Average

SPECIAL FEATURES

[*]Armor Systems

[*]Right Vambrace

[*]Left Vambrace

[*]Legs

Strengths |
  • [ Lightweight Beskar ] | Compared to traditional Beskar'gam, the one made by Droz utilizes micronized Beskar in its alloy, providing a resilient yet lightweight plating that still possesses all the qualities that make Beskar well known throughout the Galaxy and renowned for its exceedingly impressive defenses, particularly against blasters and lightsabers. This also allows for a much better range of motion without being hindered by the weight of the armor itself.
  • [ Peak Performance ] | Designed to enhance and improve upon the fighter who wears it in addition to being a weapon itself. Built to take a beating as well as dish it out, the armor lends itself very well to the one who wears it by allowing for better range of movement and maneuverability. With its bacta applicators and nanodrones used to patch up any injuries that breach the suit and harm the user, the armor ensures that the wearer can get back on their feet as soon as possible with little down time. This can effectively result in healing whatever injury occurs to a specific part of the body twice before using up the bacta.
Weaknesses |
  • [ Design Philosophy ] | Droz's Beskar'gam takes on the Shock Trooper design, having significantly less Beskar body plating compared to typical Mandalorian armors in favor of mobility and maneuverability. While it is designed to take hits effectively, a direct stab or strong enough slash will go right through areas not plated in armor.
  • [ Elements ] | Though it is built with temperature regulators to keep the wearer comfortable in a multitude of environments, weapons utilizing them. Flamethrowers, cryo-weapons, and especially arc casters are extremely effective on it.

DESCRIPTION

Droz's Beskar'gam was made based off the Shocktrooper Design, with an emphasis on freedom of motion and allowing him to maneuver around the battlefield a lot more quickly. When it comes to combat, Droz prefers a hit hard and move fast approach which is what brought him to the designing of his Beskar'gam. The armor plates is made of a beskar ciridium alloy, utilizing micronized beskar to allow for a much lighter, but still strong enough to retain the qualities that makes Beskar a technological marvel in the realm of armor. A thin plastoid laminate is layered over the armor plating to protect it from any external environmental factors such as corrosion or oxidation.

The armor is designed to provide a host of different functions and features that enhance combat performance and activity on the battlefield. Sensors assist in acquiring/identifying targets, different vision modes allow for the wearer to hunt down prey in all manner of environments, and a number of life support systems assist in keeping the wearer active. Most notably is the use of bacta applicators on the insides of the suits and use of nanobots to surgically repair the wearer if their suit gets damaged. There are also a host of hidden offensive/defensive features incorporated into the suit, mainly in the vambraces. Droz does not require additional weapons in the event that they are knocked from his hands.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
[member="Droz Munin"]

Interesting sub but overpowered to the teeth. Three Extremes, a very high, a high and no real down fall.

Alright lets start with can I get some more weaknesses please to balance this out. Then can you add your three extremes and your very high to the list of strengths you already have.

For some weaknesses I would add maybe something about acids. Perhaps drop temperatures and suggest something like a cryo weapon or a flame thrower could do some damage to you.

Also your second strength can you explain how long that lasts for or is it infinite because if the latter I will require something to balance it out with like there's a chance its a bad batch or something.

S u p e r i o r
I had an issue with this in the past regarding the factory's rating systems. While I appreciate we have a hard set system on how much a rating constitutes to overall balance (Especially thanks to [member="John Locke"] for his clarification of this system), I was only made recently clear on the actual values of what each resistance is and whether its a plus or minus from an overall total. You need to address this to [member="Gir Quee"] and start putting out publicly available spreadsheets or whatever of the sort to make it crystal clear so this doesn't become a consistent issue. It shouldn't have taken me talking to John Locke to figure out that Unique Production levels start me at -4 and Extreme resistance values are a +3 while a None resistance values are a -3 and that I should try to get that as close to an overall 0 across all my ratings for it to be considered balance.

I'll reiterate that no one who posts regularly to the factory understands the thought process or guidelines the Judges follow when it's all head canon and not written out anywhere, and it makes it a hassle to have to go back and fix them when these issues could have been avoided entirely by knowing what each thing is worth, and having it done right before it even gets looked at.

All that being said, I have gone back to rectify some issues you've had with the submission. I've dropped the ratings of some of them, elaborated on the elemental weaknesses and believe that everything (By whatever point rating system you use) is balanced. I have elaborated on the elemental weakness (Specifically from weapons, not environmental unless it is extreme heat or cold) though acid is not a weakness unless said acid is designed to melt through both the plastoid laminate beskar plating or the armorweave.

As for the second strength, it's bacta, it's going to get used up eventually till it's replaced or the suit is so critically breached that it leaks all the bacta out. The way it's written it's meant to be like an underlying gel layer with the nanotech immersed in it for different parts of the bodiy (ie forearms, upperarms, thighs, calves, stomach, chest, etc). Say a slug breaches the suit, penetrates flesh, the bacta will just stay there as the suit has self sealing foam, but that's not going to be very productive past one or two uses per body part which I've stated at the end of that strength.

Also just to point out, the ratings of the suit aren't particularly meant to be fore everything, especially the Extreme ratings. It applies mostly to the armor plated areas. Contrary to what most people believe, the armor might be extremely tough and resistant, but it's the person underneath and the areas not covered in armor plating that are susceptible to damage.

[member="Tom Taff"]

[member="Droz Munin"], I apologize for not responding sooner, but I didn't get the tag from your post here. Thankfully, one of the other members of the Factory staff directed me here.

At the moment, we do not have a mandatory rating system for armors. That being said, traditionally general balance has been expected from armor subs, just as it has been expected for all factory submissions. That's why if you look at the template examples, you will generally see that for any rating above average, there's a corresponding weakness somewhere else in the resistances. This is indirectly worked into the strengths and weaknesses section, which I will cover in just a second. But know this, back under the old judging system, we would have given you more explicit guidance like Tom was giving to you now.

With that said, we will be releasing a spreadsheet that helps with armor ratings as explained by John Locke in next Factory update (probably sometime this week). But again, it will be optional and highly recommended, but not mandatory.

Let's talk about a couple things though that are already explicit. From the armor template:

Gir Quee said:
Resistances (For each category choose from: None, Very Low, Low, Average, High, Very High, Extreme Ratings of High, Very High, and Extreme will need to be added as strengths with elaboration.)
Gir Quee said:
Strengths: (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 strength of this submission. Any resistance ratings of High, Very High, and Extreme will need to be added as strengths with elaboration.)

In other words, for each resistance rating of Extreme, Very High, or High, we should be seeing those listed separately under the strengths section. In this armor's instance, we should seeing Blaster, Lightsaber, Ion/EMP, and Kinetic resistance each listed separately under strengths. With that, as a balanced submission, we should see a good number of corresponding weaknesses to balance this out. In this case, I'd recommend listing the resistances that you've listed at "low" and "very low" to balance this out in that section. That's traditionally how this balancing scheme worked, even if it's not currently explicit (yet).

Let's talk about a reoccurring headache for both us briefly though:

Droz Munin said:
I'll reiterate that no one who posts regularly to the factory understands the thought process or guidelines the Judges follow when it's all head canon and not written out anywhere, and it makes it a hassle to have to go back and fix them when these issues could have been avoided entirely by knowing what each thing is worth, and having it done right before it even gets looked at.
We haven't much of an issue with the "thought process or guidelines the Judges follow" because most of the writers in the community do have an idea of what's roughly acceptable. A lot of that is because we do have a lot of longtime members, and many of our newer members emulate what they've already seen from existing members (the whole monkey see, monkey do, etc). Our hope was that we could get away regulating submissions strictly, and give people a little freedom and wiggle room with their subs (and not burn out our Factory staff in the process). I'd rather not strip away any more of those freedoms than I have to in order to keep things working. With that said, you will occasionally find that you may have accidentally crossed too far, and a Factory judge or other Factory staff member will step in and comment on your submission.

Please be generous and understanding when they try to help you, because not only are they trying to keep you from having future problems in a roleplay, but they are also trying to head off more strict regulations from being enacted.

I realize that this is probably not intentional, but your attitude towards our volunteer Factory staff does sometimes come across as overly aggressive, particularly with 'demands' or 'needs'. Please refrain from using language like that in the future. While we do want to hear your opinion on things, we do expect it to be presented politely and non-aggressively.

You're right in that not everything is immediately explicit just at a glance at the rules, and I realize that can be frustrating, especially if you're a newer member (consider that many of our members have been here literally for years). However, being explicit is something that we're working on. The armor spreadsheet that we will be releasing soon is part of that effort. But with that said, I don't want to take the judging process concept back to the opposite direction of every submission being strictly regulated and reviewed by Factory Staff. You can help us with that by considering how your submission is going to be viewed by other writers on the board, especially by those who may encounter a submission of your's from a competitive basis. The Factory discussion chat on Discord may be a good place to get opinions of other people (who aren't necessarily staff) to get a good idea of what may or may not work.

S u p e r i o r
[member="Gir Quee"]

Noted, though I fail to see anywhere where I've not complied with issues raised by the volunteer Factory Judge. I may have been blunt yes, but upon rereading my response I do not feel as if I've been overly aggressive in a harmful manner to [member="Tom Taff"] though if that is the conclusion they've come to, I apologize. I looked over his suggestions on what to fix, rectified them and clarified them as well to put his mind at ease. I don't recall ever demanding anything of them, nor targeted them directly for any issues I've had, I merely suggested that they consult you on the issue I've come across as you are the one with all the say in how the factory operates as the Factory Administrator. If there are no further qualms with the actual submission itself I would appreciate it being stated now or if it needs additional tweaking.

[member="Droz Munin"], I'm not sure why I'm not getting your tags. In any case, if I don't reply within 24 hours, feel free to PM me.

On concept, the armor's fine. But as I mentioned within my last post that per the armor template, if a resistance is "High", "Very High", or "Extreme", it needs a quick blurb in the "Strength's" section. Here's an example of how you could write this:

High Blaster Resistance: Because this armor is made out of thick slabs of beskar, it can better withstand blaster bolts compared to many other armors on the battlefield.

S u p e r i o r
[member="Gir Quee"]

I figured the first strength that I mentioned was indication enough of "This is Beskar, this is super resistant to especially blasters and lightsabers" but I've added in the following underlined bit at the end. Anything that's rated high or above is more or less justified by the linked materials, ie Reinforced Duraplast/Glistaweb-Armorweave/Thermal gel etc. things that are basically the bread and butter of every submission to some extent.

I typically only write out strengths and weaknesses of something that isn't immediately obvious, like why I made it micronized beskar alloy as opposed to just giant slabs of beskar, where there would be some significant difference between stock/pulled from Wookiepedia, and pasted and how it would be used functionally. Basically anything that would have an impact beyond what it's supposed to do.

Compared to traditional Beskar'gam, the one made by Droz utilizes micronized Beskar in its alloy, providing a resilient yet lightweight plating that still possesses all the qualities that make Beskar well known throughout the Galaxy and renowned for its exceedingly impressive defenses, particularly against blasters and lightsabers.

[member="Droz Munin"], sorry for the late reply, didn't get the notification again, but instead I chanced upon it while doing monthly approvals.

This part is actually by individual resistance rating rather than the material itself.

Think of it this way. Materials themselves don't necessarily immediately invoke resistances, though their descriptions suggest it. For example, you could have a very thin beskar plate (paper-thin) which while in terms of chemical property is very strong, but it is actually going to be very weak in practical use against any sort of weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom