Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Droids, drinks and acquisitions... sort of

Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha

Drinker, singer, smoker. All round Fun haver and C
Planet: Taanab Grid coordinates: O-8 City: Pandath (Capital of Taanab) Location: The Iba cantina

708a15ce833e89353155d053de0d9d0f-d4jpq4f.jpg

She sat at a corner table with a large ice bag on her head, nestled between her horns, a reminder of the fun she had, had the night before. A night she couldn't remember for the life of her and the more she tried to remember it she just got a worse headache. Leaning back she rested her hands on her blood swords on either side of her hips, and her legs on the table in front of her, as she began to hum a soft little tune to pass the time. Her white hair was flowing down her shoulders and pooling in her lap as she didn't keep it under her clothes this time her pale white skin complementing her hair color quite well. Around her eyes were her night-vision goggles as it was getting dark outside and her race had little to no night-vision and the 46 hour rotation of the planet was murder on her vision, and sleep patterns as well. But that was a problem for another day for one she had no clue how she got the cantina, though that had happened before but what hadn't happened before was that she woke up in the cantina.

[member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Lady Kay"]

I was expected to meet a potential partner, or employee, or whatever at some backwater diner or cantina on Taanab, which wasn't so bad. I tried to keep a low profile about owning ArmaTech and though I was the sole owner, and currently oversaw most of the day to day operations, I had begun looking elsewhere for assistance. The war had swept me up with it, taking a huge portion of my time away from ArmaTech, and I didn't like spending the time I did have with it running through crappy paperwork and random bits and pieces of upkeeping the place. Benji, who still operated the majority of the research and development division, lacked the interest or the ability to keep up with a company as large as ArmaTech had grown in the last several months. What had begun as a Customs Arms Maker, had grown into one of the Republic's chief arms manufacturing companies, and had allowed improvements to their overall military strategy. Despite profiting a great deal from the change, and having almost billions of credits of my personal money stowed away in a dozen banks and holes dug in the ground, I was more interested in playing with my toys then managing a company.

And that was why I was meeting [member="Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha"] here today. I had placed an add to find a senior executive and she, as well as [member="Lady Kay"] had answered that add. I didn't like to choose often, part of the reason I was in this mess in the first place, so I had resolved to provide for them both. I strode into the cantina, full armor, looking more like a mandalorian warrior than a respected CEO, and looked around the room. I had a picture and name of the women I was looking for, but that was about it.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
[member="Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha"] [member="Draco Vereen"]

The Padawan needed to make some credits. Her supply, though she was very thrifty through her years on the run, had run low. And now that she was starting to get into the thick of things again and establishing contacts, well, she needed more than what she had. There was no way that she was going to crawl back to the Jedi Order and ask to be reinstated after she was exiled. No. She felt abandoned by them and that going to them would only prove that they were perhaps right all along. And that was something that she just didn't want to admit, not even to herself.

A new-ish company was needing some help and so she figured that she could do just that. For the moment at least. The former diplomat knew how to talk to people and compromise and although weapons and conflict were what she liked to avoid, with the rise in mercenary groups, pirate groups and Sith, the Padawan needed all of the best connections that she could get, lest she ran into trouble.

She sipped her tea, taking note of the young woman with white hair that clearly drank too much the night before. It wasn't very uncommon in a place such as this. As what looked like a Mandalorian stepped in, she took a second before realizing that there was nothing for her to worry about. Even after Bakura's mishap, there hadn't been any bounties on her head for nearly a decade. Now where could that CEO be? Hmmm. It seemed that he was almost running late.

[member="Kalyr Alor"]

Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha

The clanking of the mandalorians armor was a bit loud for Zreame's tastes but she just ordered a tall glass of water and downed it once it was brought to her. "Ow..." She then mumbled as she took the ice bag off her head and placed it down on the table as she rubbed her head a little. A slight stretch was all she did afterwards as she adjusted and loosened up her joints a bit before she moved to the bar and ordered something to eat, deciding on a good meat filled dish. Her swords gave a little sound as they clanked together while she walked. 'What's a mando doing here?' she thought as she looked at [member="Draco Vereen"] but then decided on just ignoring it as she waited for her food to arrive, though she also took a note of [member="Lady Kay"] as they seemed the most interesting from a group of passed out drunks littering the cantina.

With a sigh she combed her hair back and looked at the bartender. "So what happened last night?" She asked him, to which he replied with a gesture of 'I don't know'.

Finally. Why does it always take forever to get the ships to dock in the right place? Because the people telling me where to go mess up so karking often. Either way, I had Alex stay with the ship and keep it under secure supervision. Maybe some day she would come and protect the Jedi Diplomat once she could remember the woman's name. Either way, I was geared up with a rifle on my back, a revolver, and a beskad. A good range of weapons should anything get hasty with my hiring as a Bodyguard for [member="Lady Kay"].

She was going to join with this group to provide diplomacy. And now it was my job to make sure she stayed safe. Might as well since I have already helped her once. She knew that I was a Mandalorian. And so when she wasn't in need of me, I would go on my own time, and sometimes leave Alex to guard.

Today, I was. Coming into the cantina. I looked around, and almost instantly found her. I moved to her and tapped her on the shoulder with my gauntleted hand. "Ma'am, Ship has been docked, and Alex is left with the ship for security."

I waited for her response, then stood behind her for a moment while looking around targeting any potential threats that were in the area. Seeing even another Mandalorian. I smiled just a little.

[member="Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha"], [member="Draco Vereen"],

Ah, there they both were, I thought to myself, noticing both women through my helmet's hud. But which one to approach first. Probably best to speak with the one that doesn't look like they just woke up from an all night binge of good times. Man did I wish I had time to do stuff like that. With all the fighting and working I have on my plate, I didn't hadn't had a good time like that since I had met with Chiasa. And even then I was still business mostly. That Twi'lek confused me, but that was besides the point. I started over to [member="Lady Kay"] 's table where she sat sipping some liquid, which I could only assume to be non-alcoholic. As I approached the table, I removed my helmet, "Hello miss Kay, I am Draco Vereen, CEO of ArmaTech Combat Systems. We spoke some earlier." I introduced myself and then turned towards the bar, "If you will allow me one moment I will return with our third." I told her, walking towards [member="Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha"] ,"Good afternoon miss Zeibitha, I am Draco Vereen, if you would come over to that table," I said, gesturing towards Lady Kay's table, "We can discuss why I asked you here." I stood by her side, waiting for her to follow. I needed the help, soon I would be expanding Taanab and the factory on this planet would rival the city in size. With the new Olympian Armor being placed in production I needed all the help I could get.

Kay-Larr

[member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha"] [member="Kalyr Alor"]

Kay looked up to Kalyr as he tapped her shoulder. She looked waaaaaay up, as even while standing, the Mando towered over her, and she wasn't exactly short at 5'7". But at this moment she was seated, so he seemed as tall as a giant. "Wonderful. Tell her that I say thanks. I'm sure that she'll probably get bored, but I'll make it up to her."

She sipped her tea and looked upon Draco as he approached, surprised that he was the CEO, and also surprised that there was another joining them. But that was fine. The more the merrier, especially if the workload was going to be huge. Amazingly, it was the young lady with the white hair that Draco approached next. Hmmm. Not a good way to make a first impression with a potential new employer. But then Kay might just be old fashioned. Patiently she waited for them to join her. This was going to be an interesting day, to say the least.

This was interesting. A Mandalorian was in charge of this new company. By the looks of it, I will be in with a few people. Having more contacts with people who will very likely be useful to me. Should they be used for resources, or just as people in general. It was unlikely for a Bodyguard to think so heavily of having ways out of his own work. But I was like that. I always looked for that one place in the room I needed to be so if anything happened, I could make whatever choice I needed to get the hell out of there, or make the fight go into my favor. And at this moment, I was moving into the spot that I needed most in the proverbial room.

"She already knows that."

I had the link between myself and Alex open so she could hear all that was happening. She was here, but yet not. Kind of nice to have a holorecorder and a mic built in that could hear those around us.

[member="Lady Kay"], [member="Draco Vereen"], [member="Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha"],

Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha

Was about to dig into her meal when [member="Draco Vereen"] came up to her and tapped her shoulder as he introduced himself. "A-all right..." She said, taken a little aback by his forwardness but soon walked over with her plate and a tall glass of water, laying them on the table as she sat down at it. A slight flashback of taking on a job came to mind and she wondered if this was it as she sat down and then introduced her self to [member="Lady Kay"]. "Zreame Ithrac it's a pleasure to meet you." Her eyes darted towards [member="Kalyr Alor"] for a moment. 'Is this a mandalorian meeting place?' She thought a bit as she began to slowly eat her meal, taking as small a bite's as she could so she could speak straight away when spoken too.

The white haired female called [member="Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha"] seemed to have a slight headache, but she was holding up fine for my tastes. She wasn't face down on the table, and that was a plus on my end. On the other hand, [member="Lady Kay"] came to impress, dressed nice, sober, and with a bodyguard. That was something. ArmaTech hadn't yet gotten into the field of providing private security so it was a good thing he was here. He would possibly be the first member of the security force I was cooking up alongside the Olympian Armor system. "Well I'm glad the both of you made it," I said addressing the women. "I am Draco Vereen, and I am pleased that you both have responded to my request. ArmaTech has expanded too rapidly for me to keep up with on my own, and so I need a board of Directors to assist. That is where the two of you come in." I explained to the two women. In the end it was a cushy job with massive perks and really only the minor up keep with paperwork and expansion. That's kind of why I trusted other people to be able to do it.

I had my hands full designing and testing the Olympian, which would be the flagship product of the company, already having the Galactic Republic and Silver Jedi Order interested in its purchase, despite having yet to come off the line in full production. The first incarnation had been the Arbiter, and the Olympian was the next logical progression. Better in every conceivable way.

Kay-Larr

[member="Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha"] [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Kalyr Alor"]

She bowed her head to each of them in turn. "Nice to meet you. My name is Kay." After sipping her tea she studied each of them, looking to Draco last. "My area of expertise is in diplomacy and conflict resolution. That may be counter-productive to your company, but in a way it isn't. With your help we could help peaceful worlds protect themselves from blockades, trade disputes, pirates and cartels that would otherwise oppress them. I get along great with others and have hardly ever been on the losing end of a negotiation."

No more hiding, no more running away from what she was good at. Well, maybe she'll still keep away from other Jedi. It was far easier to deal with a Darksider than it was to have her flaws pointed out and reminded that she was exiled.

Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha

Zreame listened to Kay as she spoke, though didn't stop eating while she did speak. "I'm a pretty good engineer, programmer, mechanic and all round metal worker so maybe that would be quite beneficial to your company. I'm a Cernun so I think I'll pretty much out live every one in this room, along with the next three of your generations." The last bit was said in a joking way but it didn't make it any less true since her species averaged on between 500-1000 years as a normal life span. She had a cheerful smile on her lips as her headache was going away thanks to the food she had and she quickly finished the last of her meal and then leaned back into her seat. "Mind if I light a smoke?" She asked as she produced a honey flavored cigarillo from her pocket and held it up along with a lighter in one hand.

Her attitude was relaxed and quite informal, mostly because the job didn't interest her half as much as the individuals around her as she loved to meet new people and Kay, Draco and Kalyr all seemed quite interesting to her.

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Kalyr Alor"]

I listened to both women intently. I wanted to know about them if I was planning on trusting them with helping run the company. [member="Lady Kay"] was a diplomat, excellent. That was a skill I sorely lacked. My version of diplomacy and peace often involved a blaster, and ArmaTech could use a better public face than being just and arms manufacturer and dealer. [member="Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha"] on the other hand was an engineer, which was equally good for the business. With my current project already underway, maybe it was best to have her look over it and decide if she could add anything to it, make it better than my engineers had been able to. "Well miss Kay, I can assure you ArmaTech can and will look into the field of more peaceful operations. In fact, if you would like you could head up that division. That side of business escapes my grasp, and as a diplomat you would be most helpful in assisting us in gaining mining rights on important planets." I turned next to [member="Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha"] addressing her "An engineer started this company from nothing and brought it to where it is today. The many projects were work on could use your experienced touch I am sure. And please be my guest." I told her in regards to her lighting a cigarillo. "If the two of you would like, I could show you the main floor of the factory I have here on Taanab, maybe show you what we are currently working on."

[member="Kalyr Alor"]

My lady spoke about being a diplomat. I could tell that she was serious about this. She wanted to provide a new type of diplomacy across the Galaxy. While also having her own space. Her private life as well. If that was true, then I would have to be there. I was still with the Mandalorians. I still am. Just off on the thin branches. I was on the outskirts. Even standing here in this group. I was the odd man out. I would be a part of security. Very likely since I was already here. WIth Alex as my second in command. Likely I would have to make a team soon of people who specialized in specific forms of combat.

Either way. I might, or might not be in on this. When the talk of going to the facility came up, I made it very obvious that I wanted to know what sort of features came with that factory. How well did they protect it. I really didn't feel like using my body to protect my lady again. But I will if I have to.

[member="Draco Vereen"], [member="Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha"], [member="Lady Kay"],

Kay-Larr

[member="Kalyr Alor"] [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha"]

Kay listened to each of them as they spoke. Each of them had different skills that could prove very beneficial to an up and coming company. But as Draco spoke of gaining mining rights, she had to interject. "If I may say so, sir, I will not be looking to exploit any planet for their resources and the like for that's what others do. If you want to excel, then you have to rise above them and do the right thing. It might mean not gaining enough money in the short term, but in the long term it will help you gain a lot, for your company would be seen as fair and trustworthy."

She took another sip of her tea and looked up to Kalyr. With the money that she earns from this she could pay him for looking out for her and rescuing her from Bakura. If it weren't for him and Alex, she could have been wrongfully imprisoned by the OCA. Kay looked to Draco and gestured towards Kalyr. "This is my hired bodyguard. I hope that you don't mind if he came with us to be sure that everything is safe."

Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha

Zreame smiled widely and lit up her cigarillo though she took small drags on it , just enough to keep it lit as a small trail of silvery smoke lazily moved up into the air. When Kay interjected about the mining Zreame listened intently. 'What if the rights are for sale?' She thought but it wasn't her expertise so she just stayed silent about the matter. With the offer to see the factory the Cernun half lit up since a factory was the closest thing she knew that resembled a forge that she had seen outside her homeplanet. She gulped down half her glass of water and then took a long drag of the cigarillo. "So would you maybe tell us what Armatech is and what you thing it should be in the future?" When she spoke small plumes of smoke came out of the corner of her mouth and then she blew the rest into the air above her.

This was really getting interesting a job that could possibly let her work at making things and looking over craftsmanship was pretty much a dream come true, especially if she could start up some pet projects of her own. "Please by all means though I'd love to see the main floor of the factory." She then said right before she finished the cigarillo and her glass of water.

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Kalyr Alor"] [member="Draco Vereen"]

I listened to them both. [member="Lady Kay"] had a point, and [member="Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha"] had an interesting question. "Well currently ArmaTech focuses on producing weapons of war, but we what to be more like that of our ancient predecessor, Czerka. We would like to be part of everything, including assisting in creating infrastructure of the systems we manufacture and mine in. For most minerals we mine them from asteroids and uninhabited worlds, because there are nearly infinite amounts of these. Some rarer minerals though are only found on key worlds, and there is demand for those materials. Currently we provide millions of jobs on worlds we manufacture on, and large portions of this planet's population depend on ArmaTech for employment, and we provide benefits for all full time employees, but we want to build hospitals, provide education, and provide shelters. On Iego we attempted this on a very small scale successfully, but I would need some assistance to do so on the scale I would like to." I said, trying to answer all of their concerns and questions. Turning to address [member="Lady Kay"] 's last question, I looked the Mandalorian over. "If you trust him sure." I nodded, "Any vod is welcome."

Kay-Larr

[member="Kalyr Alor"] [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha"]

Kay watched the smoke coming from Zreame's cigarillo. It wasn't as though she disliked it at all, but more so that like a candle flame,she found the movements of the smoke to be slightly hypnotic.

Draco's words brought her out of it though as he described his company. She nodded at all of the good stuff, mining on asteroids and the like, the building of proper infrastructure and supporting the workers and their families. It seems that she's found a good company.

Once it was decided that they were going to visit the factory, she got to her feet. "Wonderful. I'll need to see what the company builds in order to gain new contracts." And yes, she trusted Kalyr and Alex with her life and not just because she's willing to pay threm for it. They were good people, and great to have on her side.

Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha

Zreame's Cigarillo smelled of honey as she blew another puff into the air. "I think this will be quite the interesting relationship between the three of us~" She said with a cheerful tone as her excitement of going to the factory was palpable around her. Standing up and making sure her glass of water was empty as she let the cigarillo rest in the left corner of her mouth while her tail half wagged a little.

"Wonder though what are the projects you'd like me to look over Draco? or should I call you mister Vereen?" She then said as she fiddled a little with the hilt of her bloodsword Ithrac at the right side of her hip. The had shapen up to be quite the surprise and sort of felt like something had just clicked into place and there was nothing but interesting times to come in the future.

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Kalyr Alor"]

"Draco is just fine, thank you. I worked hard to be a warrior not a soldier." I said to the horned girl when she asked what to address me as. I lead the two women and the Mandalorian outside where a limousine transported us to the city sized factory complex outside the capitol. The sheer size of the factory was meant to supply huge portions of the Republic with ArmaTech products, and was the primary supplier for all Republic Contracts. Carida supplied vehicles for almost every arms contract and had intentions to expand the facility here on Taanab to the size of a small continent. The limousine let us off about twenty stories up on the central most building. I turned to address the two women who had just come aboard the operation. "Here is the primary floor where we designed the Olympian Battle Armor, our upcoming flagship product. It will be the pinnacle of personal armor for your average soldier, featuring duranium plates, molytex and duranium armor gloves, an Icon-class Personal Energy Shield. It features our miniature sky-strike jump pack and a Hyperion Combat power pack, allowing it mobility and sustainability."

I reached into a locker and pulled a set from it, showing off the set to the girls. "It focuses on protection rather than offense because we realize that a live soldier, even wounded or unable to deal high damage is better than a fallen warrior. This suit is designed to minimize casualties, not necessarily to maximize enemy casualties. Even still it is not without weapons. It features a pair of modular weapons mounts on each gauntlet. It features a myriad of support systems are combining in this armor, allowing it to be used in any combat environment. Being Hermetically sealed allows it to survive decompression, and featuring a temperature regulator it can be used to compete in almost any climate. It features a thin layer of thermal gel mixed with foam sealant, providing additional protection from blaster and slugthrower weapons and allowing holes torn in the suit to automatically reseal, assuming they aren't overly large. This isn't as effective as a sealant patch but it is better than nothing, and is automatic. A power armor-liner provides increased resistance to kinetic and energy weapons, reducing the chance of knock down and providing resistance to heat, fire, cold, corrosives, and poisons. Electromagnetic soles allow soldiers to maneuver more effectively in zero or light gravity. It features a digital life support system readout allowing medics to quickly assess an injured individual. Finally it features a combat de-ionizer as standard." I said, placing it on a repulsor cart for them to inspect more closely.

"Its light weight and durable as can be. Its going to establish us as a major player in the community and leave the three of us very, very rich." I produced a stylus and a pair of datapads. "Here are the contracts for your positions. Sign, and I'll provide ships, guards, armor, weapons, and money so long as you keep ArmaTech's best interest in mind. I would prefer not to part with my stock just yet. Maybe after you have stayed on with me we can discuss that. For now, how does Fifteen Million per year with four percent of profits each, sound?" I asked them, offering the datapads to the women.

[member="Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha"] [member="Lady Kay"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom