Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DroidCon 851 ABY [Metal Lords]

Exiled Count of House Teraan (Alderaan)
[member="WD-334"] | [member="HK-36"] |[member="Faith Organa"] | [member="Labkahip Mordulla"]​
It was then soon enough that [member="Labkahip Mordulla"] spoke to begin to answer their question that from the sideline a fifth join their group. One seems of the Metal Lords butted in to make his on inquiry from the Imperial contractor. At which time seem either oblivious or so engrossed with his train of thought or programming? He was not completely sure having very little knowledge or first-hand account of the Metal Lords kind. He figured to step aside by Princess Faith and observe the proceeding for now. Taking mental notes of it all and in doing so noted that as in the middle of their chatter the fifth that join slowly, moved back a bit.

That after Labkahip presented her first weapon to their group that Princes Faith then came interject.

"Ms. Modulla I need a weapon for a soldier on the ground lightweight, able to cover the distance, easy to maintain. We have loyalists who are on border patrol and providing them something to assist in that mission would be very helpful.Do either of what you've produced meet that expectation?"

Before soon after turn towards his direction to then add.

"....perhaps something that Lord Teraan could wield."

Which at best intrigued him but then again compared to Ja'rrod his House Captain who was few season older than he or most those of the noble houses. He wasn't particular know been athletic or very known at all given his absence for most the time of the conflict. But then again let it pass and listening to her reply. As a new weapon was introduced to them by her which he watched and son as she done speaking a reply.

"Well if a prototype could be feasibly manufactured for testing for say, in an acceptable timeframe and agreement. Am sure if ....and in the matter of me able handle a weapon. It's been a while but as much rather wish that I rather not have too. Other than in a recreational or security setting rather than in yet another war. I would think there be no problem or question in my handling a weapon."

He paused to glance over to Princess Faith add.

"...Princess Faith would approve. House Teraan could offer to fund."

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Aeshi Tillian"],

"Well I am a most generous droid."

HK would begin by replying to Aeshi with a quip,

"By the Metal Lord law if you wish to govern a holding you would need to either become a Metal Lord or enter a vassalage agreement with one of the Lords."

The droid explained, which would probably be good knowledge for [member="Andulf Nicholas Teraan"], since it would explain more how the droid government worked,

"It means that you would be their partner, with access to their resources, and as far as other Lords would be concerned, protected by them should any conflicts in claims over territory arise. In return your holding would be seen as extension of their domain, this is how a Lord can extend their influence, otherwise they would be able to govern only a single single system. However,"

HK would raise his hand as he pointed the next part out,

"Because we will be giving you a space station, which does not have to be within a single system's space, or move between systems, you could probably get along without becoming a Vassal. Although doing so would provide you more resources, guaranteed contracts, and a word within our government, plus other terms you would have to discuss with your potential Lord. Outside of that doing business here would not be out of ordinary, one route I would want your fleet on would be between the Space Bazaar we are on and Alderaan,"

He motioned to [member="Faith Organa"] at that,

"To move trade goods between us and the FWC, especially if we will agree to continuation or increased trade in Phrik. The route between Denon and Commenor is a good one too, we are trying to improve relations with them to the point of becoming allies, but they are extremely stubborn in staying neutral with everyone, even by our standards. Other than that you might want to talk to other Lords, especially Ship Lords like Lord Mettallum, Lord AD-8, and Queen Antales, their planets have capacity of building ships, so they would need a lot of materials being imported."

And for the best part,

"Pay with them is up to you to negotiate, but between Denon and other planets my domain will cover your fuel, maintenance, and crew costs, we can provide you with drones to supplement security and labor on your ships, there will be credit bonus incentive so you can automatically turn some profit, plus whatever you will be paid for the transport of those goods by the third party and the planets receiving it. Since you would be closely working with us, you would be exempt from any tariffs associated with trade and transport."

And next time Andulf,

" Duly noted and appreciate the insight being that which I would keep in mind as I pursue to plan to meet with the other Lords soon as we get the embassy set up and going. "

The droid would turn to look at the ambassador then, with the cold red glow of his photoreceptors,

"There is no need to be dull about it. You will technically be one of us when you will assume your duties, Lord Ambassador, we will make sure to keep you entertained in between your duties."

HK assured the Alderaanian man,

"Send me the plans for your embassy once your designs are finished and I will make sure they will be fulfilled as efficiently and soon as possible."

The machine would add then,

"I hope our relations will be productive and my fellow Lords and Ladies will see the same value in alliance with Alderaan as I do. I dream of united Core where smaller powers like us can prosper and cooperate closely to make sure our sovereignty through harmonious partnership. Denon, Alderaan, and Commenor together in an entente."

As HK observed the conversation [member="WD-334"] and [member="Labkahip Mordulla"], he would look to Faith Organa. At first she was silent and cautious, just as the machine when Labkahip confirmed she was backed by Imperial Remnant. The droid brought in reinforcements to help Alderaan when the Remnant raided them for Phrik, and he did not believe them at all when they said that it was rogue elements who conducted the raid, as far as he was concerned it was just their sloppy attempt at covering it up to excuse themselves from any blame or responsibilities. Even before that the machine had very low opinion of Imperials.

But WD was very much interested in their designs and aesthetics, and although HK had no plans of working with an Imperial-backed company himself, at the very least he was going to support his fellow droid friend.

"Yes, the Guild of Hammers made a similar design as your Shard Rifle a while ago, working with Firemane we managed to get access to their Bolter designs and create variations of it."

HK pointed out to Lab, it wasn't bragging exactly, but at the very least the Twi'lek might find it interesting.

As WD stepped back to HK to excuse himself from being in the center of attention, the ancient droid would nod to him,

"Yes, it can get pretty busy, although this is still fairly tame compared to what our moot look like when the Metal Lords start arguing about what course to take and begin to shout over themselves."

The droid pointed out,

"Try to get her information so you could speak to her when things calm down, she could be your first contact. A foothold if you will."

HK proposed. It would have been pretty clear that WD was really new at the whole mingling and setting up contacts with others thing. Fair enough, however, he was built for the purpose of warfare and rarely found much work outside of combat.

[member="WD-334"] | [member="HK-36"] |[member="Faith Organa"] | [member="Labkahip Mordulla"]​
With that said and take to listen to the Metal Lords words he then replies.

"I see well then I do thank you for your advice in regards to these matters and that I would put that in consideration, As I attend to my duties and travels within the metal Lords domain. And that I do appreciate the offer as I would make sure to send the plan as you've requested soon these meetings are concluded. "

And that was the thing wasn't it, the one thing that Alderaan had that others wanted phrik. Granted Alderan was rich in the ore and they had made recent discoveries in the Juran Mountains thanks to the new mining equipment sold to them by Makai.

"When you say increased [member="HK-36"] how much is an increase?" she smiled and looked at the design shown by [member="Labkahip Mordulla"] it was an interesting weapon given her limited knowledge of one she thought about the design, "I'd like to see one operating the design is sound but nothing beats an exhibition"

Here she was tasking on two sides again trying to keep track and not falter in her words.

[member="Andulf Nicholas Teraan"]

Prepare for your... examination.
The conversation was going a little wayward with so many different participants all at once, though she only had to deal with a few people dressing her. "As is stated [member="Andulf Nicholas Teraan"] the weapon was just put on hold to make way for other manufactured goods, all the materials we need have already been prefabricated, as such it should take us no more then a week to produce a test batch for which to showcase". Perhaps she wold be able to show her other cheap, but effecting wares for militia use, though in employment to the Galactic Empire she was an arms trader, everyone was her clients, no matter what faction they where in.

She returned her attention back to HK, "Interesting, tell me, how has it done in the market place so far, It may give me an idea of how to market such Items, maybe give me some ideas for future products". Lab was more interested in providing her customers with what they needed, not so much profiting and getting ahead of competitors as some companies would.

[member="Faith Organa"] l [member="Andulf Nicholas Teraan"] l [member="HK-36"]

It was then with all the conversation intersecting and somewhat crisscrossing between those present that he would hope all could keep up on the same page and not get lost in all the chatter. That he did his best to listen in intently as such in between the talks he overhears [member="Labkahip Mordulla"] speak at which time turn his attention slightly to her replied.

" I see well then if such a weapon can be manufactured and a batch is able showcased in a test that we can agree to set then. It can be a tentative start point for trade in weapons wherein being that if production and inventory standards could be met satisfactorily by both parties involved. Then perhaps we can then venture more into something a bit more lucrative which as my late father would say. Start with a seed before moving on to a vineyard....."

WD-334 looked down at [member="HK-36"], then over to the Twi-lek [member="Labkahip Mordulla"]. Some might have viewed the droid as shy, as it was not so open to conversation with others. Really, it just lacked conversational skills. It did not know that interrupting was frowned upon, and the droid walked straight up to the Imperial Twi-lek, casting it's gaze down at them. "May I know how to contact the Imperials? This unit wishes to know." It just stood there, waiting. And it would remain there as it waited for a response, almost as if it was deactivated. It gave a quick glance over to HK, then back to the Twi-lek. If it could, it would have felt very awkward just standing here, doing nothing at all. One of it's feet tapped, giving a metal clanging sound.

[member="Andulf Nicholas Teraan"] [member="Faith Organa"]

Faith tilted her head as she voice of [member="WD-334"] requested information again. She had a smart remark in mind but quickly decided that WD might not understand. "You could try an open frequency towards their capital world. Or maybe [member="Labkahip Mordulla"] could help depending on why you wish to contact them." Faith always trying to be helpful.

She nodded again to Labkahip, "When you have the prototype built where we can see it in action let us know." She looked over at [member="Andulf Nicholas Teraan"] , "I think there are plans to be made for an embassy in this part of space."

Things were going well, "And [member="HK-36"] it's always a pleasure to see you." She sighed, "I'm getting tired I think it's time I retire I wish you all a good evening" Faith began to walk back to find her ship and snuggle into the warm blankets. Traveling was rough on her these days and carrying her usual schedule was soon going to prove to be impossible.

Prepare for your... examination.
Lab turned her attention back to [member="Andulf Nicholas Teraan"] in regards to what he said, his peach being more prominent over the group of people present, "Yes, I will make sure that the quality of the test batch are to your liking but also in a considerable time frame, though I doubt such a simple deign will cause much problem, when I return to Rishi I will commence production on these rifles as soon as viably possible". She return her equipment back to the crates as Teraan went on about his quote, earning a slight chuckle from from the Twi'lek, "And I thought it was only the Jedi that did those types of things, but yes, I hope our business germinates into something bigger".

With that slightly out of the way it was time to turn her attention back to the one who initiated the who conversation [member="WD-334"] who seemed intent on contacting the new Galactic Empire. "I could arrange a meeting with on of our diplomats and produce some communication network if that would suit you, might I ask your reasons for contacting the Imperial remnant"? It was most likely a very rudimentary reason, but still, it would be easier to set up a meeting if she knew the reasoning. She gave a quick wave to [member="Faith Organa"] as she left the meeting, the life of a diplomat must be tiresome, "I hope to see you soon again... now back to business".

[member="HK-36"]

Aeshi stiffened at the comment and bit her lip. Vassalage? Muscles in her fingers twitched and she was once more standing in the streets of Coruscant, blood streaming from her nose, and laughing One Sith troopers walking away. It flashed and she was locked in a prison cell on Castameer as war raged around her. War had brought her back to her family and they had given her a home and everything she needed to make a life for herself. Free, independent, owing loyalty to no government, no order, no philosophy. She was the captain of her own destiny and she would not sacrifice that for anything.

She shook her head slightly and took a breath, being brought back to the present by the conversation around her. She bit her lip and waited for a moment to look to HK.

"I am vassal to no one and never will. What must I do to become a Lord?" That was hardly something she wanted either, for it seemed to carry far too much political responsibility. All she wanted was to be left alone by the governments. Or better yet, the collapse of the governments. They caused far too many problems than they had ever solved. Life was better on the frontier, away from their incompetent meddling. Just herself and the stars. Open space and endless opportunities. That was what they needed, but her family had treated her well, she would do this for them and rid herself of the business when the time finally came.

HK-36

[member="Faith Organa"], [member="Andulf Nicholas Teraan"],

"Depends on how many Metal Lords will decide to follow my example and forge their bodies or armor out of Phrik."

The machine explained to Faith regarding how much more Phrik the machines would want,

"I doubt we will see any mass production of new Phrik weapons or armor suits in upcoming days, right now majority of Metal Lord industrial and research capacity is focused on expanding our naval powers."

Plus HK had enough Graphite and Phrik weaponry saved in his stashes to last them for a longer while,

"Either way, rest wall Faith, and I hope you are planning on staying here for the night, we could always continue our talks tomorrow in person then."

He offered, the Bazaar should have enough rooms to house her and her delegation, if not, well then there were always other stations and Denon below them.

With that he would turn his attention to [member="Labkahip Mordulla"] next and her question on the bolter designs,

"The Firemane loved it and so did the Protectorate, although the designs were mostly restricted to be used within their service, that way they would stay out of enemy hands. If you want an advice it is that profits from open market are only a small portion of the sales, what is more valuable about them however is the fact that they would spread your brand and the word of them, which would lead to more contracts with major powers and large companies, that is where most of your sales will come from."

And as [member="WD-334"] glanced back at HK the older droid would give him a reassuring nod to signal he was doing everything alright so far.

HK still wasn't a fan of Imperials, and the fact that he was helping Lab with her company and WD to establish contact with them made him internally sick. However he had to support his friend, and he believed that if Lab would actually follow his advice, which he considered to be a genuinely good one, he would benefit as well by the merit of her designs being more well known and therefore easier to retroengineer and diagnosed before battles. As such, if the Imperials would use them, well it would be harder to surprise the enemies they faced.

The machine's thoughts were brutally interrupted however when Aeshi suddenly asked what it would take for her to become a Lord,

"A Lord?"

The droid echoed her question, looking to others before glancing back to her in a double-take,

"You want to become a Metal Lord?"

HK would ask Aeshi once more as he turned to face her fully, raising his hand,

"Before you answer, keep this in mind, the Metal Lords may seem to be overlords of droid space, but we are not tyrants, we do not rule by force, coin, or backing of our armies, we rule because our vassals, companions, and other subjects allow us to rule. Unlike the Imperials, Monarchs, Jedi, or Sith, we may be leaders but we are not superiors, each Vassal, Lord, and any other droid within our space is equal to each other, but it is in our nature to recognize efficiency and probability, different droids are better at different tasks. For example, an astromech might be a better pilot than me, but I could be considered better at rallying the machine kind together. Any droid or cyborg within our space can declare themselves a Metal Lord, and because we are all equal, there is nothing within our power to deny them that right, what is within our power is to agree whether they are a good unit for the job and support them in their claim."

The droid would explain,

"So to be a Metal Lord, and to be recognized as one, is to be a symbol of a time when the machine-kind can make their own decisions without any masters telling them what to do and a symbol of new age of equality and prosperity. If you would be acknowledge as a Metal Lord then that means other Lords and Vassals would trust you to do the right thing, uphold the Code of the Metal Lords, and first and foremost think about preserving the existence of free droids and those who sworn to follow your command."

With that he would lean in slightly to look at Aeshi closer,

"Do you really want to be a Metal Lord?"

He would ask her one more final time.

"Also you are actually female, so you would be a Metal Lady."

Truth be told, Aeshi might actually find the position to her liking more than she would think. Although at first there would be hoops to jump through, especially if she would decide to purse this as the first fully organic Metal Lord ever, once she would be accepted she wouldn't actually have to stick around in Droid Space and participate in politics, she would not even have to claim governorship over one particular planet. Most of the Metal Lords at the time were still opposing control over one particular sector of space and still lived as nomads, traveling the edge of the Galaxy and knocking around the Unknown Region in their Kingdom Fleets, just doing whatever they wanted and going on their own adventures. From the sound of it that was pretty much what Aeshi wanted to do anyway.

[member="HK-36"]

That hadn’t been the answer she had fully anticipated. It was far more in depth and serious than she thought her answer would have warranted. And yet, it had appeared it had worked well to stick to her principles. Surprising, given her views and that she was negotiating with a government. At least, she was fairly certain it was a government. The Metal Lords territory was too far towards the Core for her to normally do business, so she knew little of their ways.

His description hardly sounded like a government, which she respected, and appreciated far more than the typical governments that abounded in the galaxy. Imperials. Warlords. Monarchs. None could be trusted and all ruled by force of violence. This was something different. For a second, she almost felt herself believing in something other than herself. Perhaps even a government, but she bit that back again. Too dangerous to allow for such a thing.

“Well,” she admitted after a moment, flashing a crooked grin. “I never put too much stock into gender, myself, but I could live with being a Metal Lady.” Her smile disappeared again. “But where’s the catch?” She waved her hands around. “This all seems far too good to be true, and I’m expecting a price just as steep to appear. Don’t believe in wielding power myself. But if I could change things, the galaxy would look far more like your vision than the First Order or even the Old Republic.”

HK-36

"Usually the price is that with power comes responsibility and the fact that even if you would manage to command your domain without being caught up in inter-Metal Lord politics or governing a planet, you would have to protect and tend to your crewmen, be aware of their needs, fears, and complaints. Whenever chit hits the fan they will look to you for answers, and they will trust you to keep them alive an well. Being a leader is never an easy job, and there is a reason only few droids are willing to do it, or are trusted to do it right, but to be a Lord and uphold their code is a duty that someone has to do."

The machine would explain to Aeshi,

"However, you might understand why it would be extremely difficult for a full organic to be acknowledged as a Metal Lord, or Lady, due to our past with the organic kind and the control they had over us. Many machines may consider you to not know what our hardship truly is or what it is like to be an outcast within Galactic Society to truly be loyal to our cause, simply for being an organic. There is a ritual others go through if they wish to ascend to the rank of Metal Lords but are not droids, we call it Paying the Iron Price."

With that the machine would motion to her body, one of her arms specifically,

"It is rarely done, an operation in which portions of your body, how big would be up to you, are removed and replaced with cybernetics, bringing you closer to the machine kind. The more you give the better your reputation would be, as the gap between the machine and organic is bridged and many other organics would tend to fear or hate you, as they have done to us."

After a moment of silence to let the words sink in HK would add,

"There are other ways, but officially that is the only way organics successfully used to gain the rank of Metal Lords."

[member="HK-36"]

Aeshi nodded as she listened, assessing what all of it entailed. Not that much different than being a captain, really. In fact, it sounded exactly like being a captain. Perhaps there was not that much difference in leadership roles after all. In essence, they were all the same. The iron price though, that was interesting. But she shrugged.

“That won’t bother me any. About time I got some upgrades anyways.” She uncrossed her arms and offered one out to shake. “What’s the next step?”

It sounded good, in fact. These Metal Lords were her people, in a sense. Outcast? Rejected? Hoping for a better, freer future? Isn’t that what she had been working towards ever since she escaped Coruscant? Not the way she had expected it, but it still seems good. Perhaps even too good to be true. But then, everything good was too good to be true.

WD-334 did not hesitate on an answer to [member="Labkahip Mordulla"] when it was asked for the reasoning behind wanting to have contact with the Imperial Remnant. "To trade technology. This unit was built during the Empire of long ago" the droid answered. "This unit can also be an ally to the Imperial Remnant." It did not mention however that it held some secrets that would have been lost years ago. It looked to [member="HK-36"] to see what he was doing, and saw HK speaking with [member="Aeshi Tillian"]. Then it looked back to the Imperial Twi'Lek. "Can contact be established?" it asked once more. The war droid truly wanted to make contact, and it would even exchange favors to do so.

HK-36

"Well once you would have the cybernetics you would swear upon the Code of Metal Lords to uphold its values for the prosperity of droid kind and declare yourself a Metal Lord. From that point it will be you would be a Metal Lord, technically, the problem will be whether other Metal Lords, droids, and cyborgs, will see you as one as well. It will be a popularity contest of sorts, even Droid Space is not fully free from standard political acrobatics, you might need to kiss some metal asses, prove yourself through challenges, find a sponsor, like me, to vouch for you, or just get a crew of droids who do not mind crewing a ship under you and travel the deep space stumbling through adventures, only coming back by for meetings when chit really hits the fans or the Sparklords summon you, which will probably happen when chit really hits the fans."

The droid would explain to Aeshi,

"But you are taking the whole concept of iron price surprisingly well, these will not be simple limb prosthetics like replacing a hand, you might end up in a cybernetic mask or getting at least basic implants, replace at least two full limbs, some other internal organs, really extensive procedure."

HK would look right and left before looking at Aeshi again,

"I would suggest you think about it first, see you family before you make a decision, the Metal Lords are not going anywhere, we are eternal and ageless."

The droid would quip.

Although most of his attention was on Aeshi right now, he would look back to [member="WD-334"] giving the other machine a nod of encouragement to show him he was doing well, managing to talk to the Imperial without starting out any gunfight or causing a diplomatic incident.

Mark had been catching at least parts of the conversation from his seat across the Space Bazaar. It was part of his usual routine, find the nearest bar or meeting place, and hang around long enough to gain information, find out who's who in that particular establishment, and do his best to fathom out who is best to avoid like the plague, and who might be worth approaching to offer services in exchange for credits.

The Metal Lords were a somewhat different kettle of fish to his usual clientele, who were usually all about the profit, a very small portion of which would be passed in Mark's direction if he could be of use to them. The Droids were perhaps a little more idealistic than that. It was a sign of an upturn in Cross' recent fortunes, having acquired a (very modest) freighter of his own. It meant he could be more selective about who his services were offered to.

His eyes wandered about the place they were in. Quite a location for a party, he thought. It gave him an idea. Time to be daring, he thought, as he moved in the direction of Aeshi and HK's conversation.

"I'm sorry, I hate to interrupt..." Mark made his presence known by stepping into view. "Mark Cross, by the way, Master Chef. If the Metal Lords are open to the possibility of welcoming more organics to the station, I wanted to ask how you're set for providing them food and refreshment?"

HK-36

[member="Mark Cross"], [member="Aeshi Tillian"],

HK would look away from Aeshi to measure up Mark as the hoo-man suddenly approached them to intrude a bit upon the conversation, although probably it wasn't that private and that secretive since HK and Aeshi had it in the middle of a convention, probably constantly passed by streams of people, all of whom could eavesdrop on the exchange between the pilot and the Metal Lord. Either way, once Mark spoke HK would dip his head to him in a nod for a greeting,

"Sure, no problem, I am the Iron Lord Protector Above Denon,"

The droid would casually introduce himself, outside of the title that deemed him the Lord of pretty much everything in the orbit of the planet they were currently above,

"This is my pilot friend, Aeshi of the Tillian Family."

He would then motion to Aeshi before looking back over Mark with his cold, glowing crimson eyes,

"And we welcome all travelers who come in peace and seek their fortune and prosperity like us, whether they are organic or machine. Although obviously our government has more administration positions open to machines and cyborgs, but as I just discussed with Miss Tillian about it, it is not void from opportunities for organics to become a Metal Lord like me."

HK would quickly explain to Mark, at his question the machine would nod,

"Yes I believe so. At least I assume so,"

The droid would look away towards a nearby food and drinks table provided for the convention, probably it wasn't the best but it also wasn't hopeless, but only because in the Space Bazaar they were currently in there would be enough merchants who provided their own cooks that would influence the menu ordered so it wasn't just droids coming up with their own interpretations of what meals should be.

"What do you organics like to eat, flour and water? I once worked in a Jedi cafeteria, made them a goulash from various ingredients I managed to scavenge, then just reheated and added more foodstuff into it to keep feeding them. Managed to had the entire temple running on the same pot of stew for over two years."

HK boasted, although to Mark and Aeshi that would probably sound like truly the dark times for the Jedi.

Aeshi nodded at HK’s words, but shrugged.

“As long as I keep the fun parts, cybernetics are an upgrade.” She flashed a small bitter smile. “And I don’t consult my family too often. They trust me to make my own choices.”

She nodded her head in greeting as the chef arrived, but only barely stifled a laugh from HK’s words.

“Remind me to tell you about growing up in a Sith orphanage on Coruscant. That’ll give everyone food nightmares.”

She gave a salute to the droid. “I look forward to these opportunities. Even if it’s just me and a daredevil astromech blazing new hyper lanes.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom