Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Drinks, Games and Conversations

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
Mandalore
Keldabe
Oyu'baat Tapcaf
2nd Floor Private Booth

Noah sat in a private booth on the second floor of the famed Oyu'baat Tapcaf in the capital city of Mandalore, a mug of sweet ne'tra gal cradled in one hand as he watched a pair of young Mandalorian warriors nearby playing a game of cu'bikad a few tables down.

It had been quite a few years since Noah had been to the planet, over a decade now, the last time he was there was not a good time in the planets history and he preferred to remember the good times he had on the world and the seeming rebuilding it was going through now, one of the many times it had gone through such a process during his lifetime.

Bringing the mug to his lips he took a large swig and savored the sweet taste as it passed his lips. While the man loved the black ale that his own clan brewed at the clan hold on Saleucami there was nothing better than a mug brewed on the homeworld, in the most famous tapcaf on the world.

Of course the man wasn't just here to drink and watch younger warriors make fools of themselves. He had spread the word, covertly, that Noah Corek, former general under Mand'alor the Infernal and next in line to lead House Corek, was going to be at a private booth. He silently wondered just what kind of bite that his bait would ge
t.

Mand'alor the Infernal.

Heir to Ra Vizla's legacy, the hell child who had lost her mother to Mia's own madness. Of course on of her general's would pique her interest, even more so that his method of communicating his presence had been deliberately quiet. Either he wanted something, or her was baiting a response.

Mia weaved through the tables, pausing only to shake warriors the approached her off, eventually sliding into the bench opposite him, she lifted her helmet free, setting it on the table, her sapphire eyes studying him with a cool expression.

"Noah Corek." she stated, as a waiter approached, sliding her her whiskey. "What, I wonder, would the little wolf's husband, want with the Protectors?"

She sat back, her eyes never moving from him as her hand closed abut the glass.

Noah Corek Noah Corek

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Noah had been halfway through a gulp of ale when he felt the table shift and looked to see none other than Mia Monroe Mia Monroe sitting across from him. Finishing the gulp he set the mug down on the table. "Mia Monroe." He stated back to her as he leaned back into the bench, one arm coming to lay across the back of it, posture relaxed, making sure Mia could see both of his hands to assure her there was no threat.

He raised an eyebrow at the name used for his wife and let out a small chuckle. "Little wolf? Hmmm I can say I've never thought of that one before. I'll have to use it..." Taking another sip to covering his thinking about what to say next. "The reason I'm here has little to do with my wife and more to do with my House...which I guess are two things that are mutually exclusive anymore."

Setting the mug down as it was now empty he looked across the table towards the former Mand'alor with a ponderous expression. "I've been sent by my mother, the Alor of House Corek to establish...normal relations with the Protectors."

"I don;t suppose you would have, you were too invested in the Pyre to worry about ingratiating yourself with the Mandalorians, the Mantis Clan were all wolves. Yasha was the youngest before the Civil War. I'm not sorry I missed her reign, there's an awful lot of mess left in her wake, the bombing of Eshan for one."

She had not forgotten Iuuna Talon Iuuna Talon 's rage and accusation, she was still waiting for that one to rear her head and cause Mia further issue.

She took another sip of her drink. "Speak plainly, I've little time or patience for word games. We have a world to rebuild and a growing list of enemies knocking at our door. What do you and your House want?"

Noah Corek Noah Corek

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
He listened to Mia Monroe Mia Monroe talk about his wife for a bit before leaning forward, his eyes not betraying any emotion when he spoke. "Be careful how you speak of Yasha...you may not like or respect her but she is my riduur and will be the riduur'alor of House Corek before long and I will not tolerate any disrespect toward her. She's not the only Mand'alor who has left chaos in her wake."

Leaning back into the bench he decided to tackler the Eshan...problem head on. "Eshan was a tragedy, something that I've heard my wife wax remorsefully on in many conversations. It was Australis who bombarded Eshan and he has been dealt with...permanently." The fate of the aforementioned man being left ambiguous but a smart woman like Mia could read between the lines.

He sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose in a mock display of frustration. "I thought I was but I'll be clearer. My mother sent me to establish good relations between House Corek and the Protectors. Trade, commerce, agriculture and knowledge. We offering all as well as military support if it comes down to it."

Mia let out a low chuckle, smiling into her glass at his reference to the Chaos she left in her own wake. He wasnt wrong, she inclined her head "N'eparavu takisit." She wasn't sorry, but trading insults with him would do nothing to move forward.

Cin vhetin.

That was what she and Ijaat had agreed. Whatever the crime, whatever the past, all were welcome to help restore, all were welcome home.

"All these things are welcome. Though I'm intrigued to know of your Alor's stance on our Mand'alor. Will House Corek honour the call? Or will they like many others stand on the fence waiting for a sign to tell them which way to go?"

Noah Corek Noah Corek

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Noah knew that the Mando'a apology that Mia Monroe Mia Monroe had put forth was less than genuine but he much like the former Mand'alor knew that trading verbal jabs with one another would do no good for either of their causes and so taking a swig from the newly arrived mug of ale he mulled over his words once again.

Cin vhetin, a clean slate, a fresh start. This would be the second time in his lifetime that House Corek would take advantage of this Mandalorian tradition, the last time had led to a resurgence and bloom within his house and so Noah could see the merits of taking this route again but this was not his decision to make, at least not yet.

"House Corek isn't a...monolith. Unlike other House's that rule their branch clans with benevolent indifference at best and a iron fist at worst we are more...democratic. My buir has called for a meeting of our Alor Council where they will discuss the benefits of heeding the call. My buir also sent me here to see if I could convince you to speak to the council to sway them to your cause."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom