Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Drexl-class Starfighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
z8dDz83.jpg

[Image Source]
Halo Reach
Affiliation:
  • Commonwealth
Manufacturer:
Model: X-22 Drexl-​class
Modularity: Limited
Production: Mass Produced
Material: Tungsten, Transparisteel
Classification: Starfighter

Length: 12m
Height: 4m
Width: 6m

Armament: 6

• ​[2] 12mm Rotary Cannons
  • ​[1] Ventral Concussion Missile Launcher [4 Missiles]
Defense: 9
  • ​Deflector Shields
  • ​Countermeasure Flair [4 Flairs]
  • ​Short Range Communications Jammer
Squadron Count: 16 (Typically deployed in units of 4)
Special Features:

• ​Advanced Recon Sensors from TaraTari Wartime
Maneuverability Rating: 1
Speed Rating: 1
Hyperdrive Class: 3

Strengths:

• [+] Fast & Loose: The Drexl​ is agile and capable of high speeds, making it very difficult to track in combat situations.
  • ​[+] Tough Nut to Crack: Designers of the Drexl​ intended it to be a recon ship for use in hostile territory. Thus, it was designed with defense in mind over attack capabilities.
  • ​[+] Low-Profile: The Drexl​ is a very small fighter, again making it difficult to track.
Weaknesses:
  • [-] Bro, Do You Even Lift?: Firepower on the Drexl​ is lacking. Speed and agility even the playing field against standard fighters, but anything heavily shielded outmatches the Drexl​ by a landslide.
  • ​[-] Are We There Yet?: Built as an under-the-radar recon vessel, the Drexl​ had no need of a high-powered hyperdrive. The class-3 hyperdrive is hardly more advanced than a civilian model.
Description:
The Commonwealth's primary go-to for Space Combat Superiority is the Scythe-​1A. The ​Scythe ​is a large fighter, hosting a compliment of 4 crewmen, a heavy weapons loadout, and minimal defense in exchange for speed. Obviously this craft was ill-equipped for scouting and recon missions, as well as quite the task for routine patrols. The Drexl​ was the Commonwealth's answer to this problem.

Built as a recon / scout vessel, the X-22 Drexl ​is designed with speed and evasion in mind. Pilots are dissuaded from engaging with anything but basic Starfighters, and are instead encouraged to use​ the craft's non-combat strengths to their advantage. The Drexl​ is heavily-shielded for a ship of its size, choosing to trade firepower for the goal of returning recon pilots with their intel intact.

Development Thread: N/A
Intent: To provide the Commonwealth with a low-profile recon vessel, capable of action in hostile territory.
Who Can Use This: Commonwealth Navy
Primary Source: N/A

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Corrax Talrus"]

This is a very nice little boat. I like it quite a lot and you've put real thought into the balance. Please link to the manufacturer and you're golden. Also feel free to increase squadron count to 12 or thereabouts if you like.

[member="Corrax Talrus"] - Well, squadron count as we use it these days is more about how many a larger ship can carry than about how many you deploy at once. You could easily say something like 'Squadron Count: 16 (usually deployed in 4-ship recon flights)."

Also, a typo that my mind kind of glossed over earlier: I'm about 97.2% sure you mean '12mm cannons,' not '120m cannons.'

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

Ooo, I like the squadron count explanation. Edited.

On the cannons ... uhh ... yeah, about that ... I'm trying to stick with the Commonwealth's military schema so I stole that straight out of the approved list off of the Scythe.

I kind of had the same thought when I read it, but don't quite know what it meant ... so I just copied it and hoped for the best ... lol

I'm not totally certain what it's supposed to be, but kind of just made the assumption that it was the name of a fighter weapon created for use by the Commonwealth ... I may need to track that down.

My first thought was probably the same as yours ... "120 meter rotary cannon? How the ..... ?"

​[member="Horus"], can you weigh in on that?

[member="Corrax Talrus"]

We actually don't let people post in other people's subs, but if [member="Horus"] has something to contribute he's welcome to PM me. In the meantime, can I ask you to edit the cannons? If it was meant to be 120mm, that's insanely huge for a small recon fighter. You could simply put 'rotary slugthrower cannon' if you like, or confer with Horus and find another solution. Do as you will; tag me when you're done your edits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom