Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Dreidi Xeraic: Live at Coruscant!

div-bright-green.png

Outfit: Casual
Music: Heart by The Pretty Reckless
Tags: Open

Looking around, Dreidi was terrified, it was going to be her first real performance in who knows how long, there were strangers playing other instruments and she was meant to go on stage and perform in front of what some might think was a small crowd but to Dreidi it was truly massive and her stomach was dropping hard. The idea of coming to a small dive bar in the lower levels was in the hopes that if tonight went terribly that no one in the Jedi Temple would hear about it and make fun of her. She wasn't exactly known in the New Jedi Order as musically inclined and few knew of her passion to perform and form a band of her own. It was her one escape that didn't have people pressuring her to do well, she was able to isolate from everyone that knew her and there was never a risk of getting in a fight or having to harm others. Music was that perfect, peaceful ideal that Dreidi found herself in. It was hopefully going to continue if tonight went well but she worried that her voice would break or she just go completely off key.

Drinking a whisky to give her some liquid courage, Dreidi instantly regretted it. The beverage tasted horrid and she couldn't believe people found it tasty. The drink was literally burning its way down her throat and she wasn't sure if she was going to puke or breath fire. Waiting a couple moments, she picked a bottle of water and drank safely from that. Finding that quenched the burning of the whisky. Holding her guitar, Dreidi checked the strings for the millionth time, ensuring everything was tone perfect and that her fingers slid, dance and strummed the strings correctly as she sighed deeply. "Just for tonight, just distract from all the other disasters. One perfect, pleasant night." Dreidi muttered to herself in a desperate plea to some higher being for a good night. Then she heard her name called out.

"Next up! Everyone let me hear you cheer for Dreidi Xeraic!" Roared the host for the live music night as Dreidi walked on stage.

Dreidi blinked hard as the harsh spotlight was directed on her as she took position on the stage. Coughing, she felt a stage hand shift the microphone closer to her and she thanked them before plugging her guitar into the amp. Breathing out her anxieties, she couldn't see the crowd but prayed they were all there. "Well, thanks for coming out tonight folks! Here is a small song I got for you all to start off with." Dreidi said in the best upbeat tone she could muster with the anxieties gripping her throat. From there, she just started strumming on the guitar, finding the rhythm and quickly finding herself lost into the music as the notes played out.

Never wanted to feel.... Never wanted you to steal, my heart.
Dreidi's voice projected well and all hints of nerves faded as she sang her song. Shoulders relaxed and she felt the dread fade from her body as she relaxed back into something she realised that she never should have given up. Something that she felt terrible from hiding and that it was something she wanted to share again. This was the first time in a long time that she felt normal on Coruscant, welcomed and wanted. Comfortable to be herself and wanting to show people her real self, the caring, the emotional, the touched side that she tended not to show all too often.

I'm falling all over myself.
T
rying to be someone else.
I wish you were there to walk me home.

So I wouldn't have to feel so alone.

Aiden putting his talents with the force to good used, from his lessons with Solenne Abraxas Solenne Abraxas hiding in plain sight yet remaining almost invisible to those around him. Given this was the underbelly of Coruscant, and the the Dark Exchange could potentially be around he couldn't help but not remain like this anytime he was in the lower levels.

He had heard that Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic was singing in this club tonight and he couldn't help but be surprised. He had no idea she could sing, so why not support a friend and come out and give an applause, or in his case a silent applause. She seemed very natural up there on stage, perhaps that was why she seemed so forceful in having him go up there to dance whey they were at that other club.

She was very in her element up there it seemed or it appeared that way to him.

He couldn't help but smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom