Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Dreaming Clouds & Cloud Cities

elisemaybe.png

SKqozOUv_o.jpg

Equipment
Armor
None.
Melee Weapons
Twin Vibroknives.
Lightsaber.
Pistols
BAW 57 Heavy Blaster Pistol.
Seeds
Mother's Root.
Ships
The Estrela.

Cyan colored text indicates an illusion.

elisemaybe.png

OIP.qIFy9yRarQfmkdwyYlIITAHaEK

Main_Hallway.jpg

Cloud City. It was a wonderful settlement, located in the strangely habitable zone of a gas giant of all planet types. Bespin's tibanna mining city was not a rich mining settlement, but a place for those with... less refined tastes... to gamble, drink, and partake in other shady pleasures. With the rougher crowd here, it made sense for crime to be high around here. With how vacant and bizarre Elise Ahana-Gwyneira felt right now, she decided to do the one thing that always gave her a sense of direction... hunting criminals.

In the lower sections of Cloud City, Elise was walking along the hallways with her senses alert. Her clothes were light and delicate, and Elise felt too exposed walking into danger like this. She was used to wearing her besker'gam... but... she had abandoned it, with the rest of her Mandalorian lineage. One of her hands remained clenched on one of three pistols on her hip. Her ear twitched when she heard louder noises down the hallway. Her red cloak whooshed behind her as she activated her Force Cloak, disappearing as she neared a room. In the room, a lower end bar was flooded with the rougher types. She peered through from the entryway, catching glimpses at bounty hunters, mercenaries, and grunts all drinking away. Elise shook her head, catching sight of a brawl in the corner. She wasn't going to get involved with that. With a sigh, she loosened her stance and started to walk down the hallway again, deactivating her invisibility. But as she walked, her ear twitched again in response to more noise. She realized that it was coming from just down the corridor, and she once again clenched her pistol. She crouched, taking advantage of her light, noiseless shoes. As she crept closer, she was alarmed by the sound of a shout.

"Help!"

Elise bolted into action, running and rapidly turning the corner. She saw a large trandoshan, holding a small twi'lik by his neck as he freely rumaged through his satchel. "You mussst have ssome nisse creditsss in 'ere, mate. I could hear the jingling, even above the noisse."

He was using the noise of the bar just around the corner to cancel out the noises of a robbery. Elise spotted the weapon on his hip. She narrowed her eyes.

"Hey."

Both of their heads snapped towards her. The unarmored, small, woman paused for a moment. She was plenty strong without her beskar'gam, her Verd'Goten had proven it... so why did she feel so frail? She gulped, pulling a pistol from her hip and aiming it at the lizard. "I could hear you stealing."

The lizard threw the twi'lik aside, slamming him into the wall. The thug pulled his pistol, aiming at the twi-lik, "I'll have to kill you both then!"

"No!"

Elise fired before he did, aiming true. A blaster bolt slammed into his pistol's barrel, causing it to short out. He tossed the broken weapon like it was a toy, charging for the girl. Elise fired again, aiming for his outstretched claws. But he flicked his wrist, letting the bolt bounce off his durasteel armband. Elise gritted her teeth. He swung at her, promting her to leap of the wall and summersalt out of the way. Using the wall and the Force, she used the jump to land on his shoulders. She pointed the pistol at his head from there, but her ankle was grabbed and before she knew it, she was flung into the wall herself.

With the pistol lost, she gritted her teeth as her head pounded. She could Sense him approaching once more, and she pushed herself up. She was slow, however, as she grabbed her by the neck and lifted her up. Choking, and so soon after being thrashed into a metal wall, she was starting to see stars.

"Iss that... a lightsssaber?"

The thief started laughing, pulling the lightsaber from her utility belt. No! That crystal was my mom's gift to me!

"I have no idea which Force Cult you follow, but you're pathetic for ssssuch a beautiful find! I'll loot your corpsse and sssell this on the black marke-"

"You will take nothing from me!"

Elise pulled a vibroblade from her belt. She made a swift stab at his hide, and he screeched as he was forced to let go of her. As Elise fell, she drew her second blade and made several rapid slashes at his limbs, expertly trained in Mandalorian knife combat. But the hunter realized after the first limb went limp what she was trying to do, and he moved he leg up to kick her. She brought the knife down to stop the kick, only to have her head grabbed by his large hand. He started to squeeze, applying enormous pressure to her skull. Elise gasped, seeing flashes of her lover, family, and Novanian teachers at home. She could not let it end today, to a random thug in an indoor street. She extended her hand, using the Force. She wanted to win this with her martial arts alone. She wanted to prove that she was capable even without her Mandalorian equipment. But now, she was forced to fall back on the Force. She cast an illusion, making the Trandoshan let go as he saw the image of a loved one in her place. It was a brief moment, but it was all she needed. She cast a heavy Force Push, slamming him against the wall. She pulled her pistol to her as he stood up, bewildered by what she had done, before she aimed a single shot at his heart. He choked but started to stagger forward as he hissed. "Not cool, witch!"

"Shut the kark up." Elise narrowed her eyes, "You were about to karking kill me."

The Shaman took a second to gaze at the endurance of this lizard species, then she sighed. She aimed a second shot for his head, finishing him off.

As the thug fell, Elise looked over to see that the twi'lik had fled long ago. She frowned, Not even a thank you. Typical...

She walked over to the corpse, her pistol still smoldering. She pulled the lightsaber off his utility belt, then looked over to the vibroblades. Both weapons were bent and chipped from their interactions with the trandoshan scales. Clearly, durasteel weapons did not have the durability that beskar had.

"Haar'chak-... Kark.

She stook there, in the hallway, once more lost in her own existence. She was Dar'Manda now, according to some at least. She should even be using that tongue anymore. She put her pistol away in frustration, turning away. As she pulled her hood over her head, she clipped her lightsaber onto her belt and began to clean up the mess. She had struggled to take down one criminal. Was she really that weak without her old gear? As she slipped the broken vibroblades into a pouch, she mused on her new direction in life. She wanted to save the galaxy. She wanted to see all evil dispelled, and to see a radical movement of peace sweep across this galaxy. She didn't want to see the cruelty she saw every day. But how could she even start? Getting stronger? But how? The Force? She started dragging the corpse towards the nearest trash compacter. She was chasing a hopeless dream, but she could not see anything beyond it. How could she live knowing that she had not done her best to save everyone?

Darth Strosius Darth Strosius

elisemaybe.png

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
"That's not the answer that I want Baz. Try again." The Sullustan's eyes squeezed shut as the trash compactor's crushed close right next to his ear, suspended in mid air right over the pit of trash by the masked man. "I-I already told you everything I know you piece of chit! I just took one bribe from them I never-" With the press of the console's button the compactor slammed closed once again, quick and with a seemingly unstoppable force. A force that would no doubt turn the Sullustan's head into a pile of paste if he were lowered but a little bit more.

"You've been on their payroll and listed as an enforcer for their syndicate for over three years now. One bribe wouldn't get you to that level of commitment, so don't try and pretend as if you're ignorant when you're just stupid." Darth Strosius had little patience for the gang member's tightlipped attitude. Bespin was not a world that he enjoyed being on for too long, far too many prying eyes and ears to be had. Especially in Cloud City. Thankfully some of them could be convinced to sell out the whereabouts of a local gang's top enforcer, a gang that just so happened to have a Tibanna gas refinery as their main headquarters and business venture.

Said refinery had been supplying pirates and other vagabonds that had been proving quite a thorn in the side of trade and travel in Sith space and as such had called down the wrath of the Inquisition upon their heads. Baz, fronting as a simple racer with big pockets and an even bigger appetite for the party scene, had unfortunately left himself wide open after some long hours of dancing whilst becoming disturbingly inebriated. And thus the two found themselves by the nearest trash compactor, with the Sith dangling the gang member right above the hungry jaws of the machine.

"Your little gang are the largest black market Tibanna gas suppliers this side of the Hydian Way and I know that you are the one they send to collect on their debts." As the Sith spoke he slowly began lowering the Sullustan down into the compactor's maw, much to the horror of the latter party. "Therefore you know where their refinery is. So tell me or I leave you to be crushed to death, slowly, while I find someone that can tell me what I want to know. The choice is yours Baz."

Finally seeing death quite literally looming over him, Baz relented and quickly held his hands up in surrender. The masked man pulled him up to the railing where he stood over looking the machine, his dark visor glaring into the eyes of his prey. "H-Hey look I get it okay? You want in on the profits, I did too! Look I have their coordinates saved in my ship okay? I can take you there right now!" Darth Strosius cocked his head to the side as though considering the proposal for a moment. "You have them in your ship's computer? Just ready to be accessed?" The Sullustan nodded eagerly, a hesitant smile crossing his face.

Until the Sith laughed. "Then pray tell Baz, what do I need you for?" Before the criminal could respond he was dropped and fell right into the trash compactor, looking up to see the Sith's hand resting on the button that would seal his fate. "Thank you for all your help Baz, I really appreciate it. Now be a good scum and rest. Forever."

Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira

elisemaybe.png

SKqozOUv_o.jpg

Equipment
Armor
None.
Melee Weapons
Vibroknife.
Lightsaber.
Pistols
BAW 57 Heavy Blaster Pistol.
Seeds
Mother's Root.
Ships
The Estrela.

Cyan colored text indicates an illusion.

elisemaybe.png

Blam!

Another fell. The more Elise wandered the underhalls, the more she was realizing that an entire tibanna trade gang was set up here. The organized guards found in tibanna facilities, the unusually precise patrols. Elise decided wisely to go back up to her own ship, to resupply herself with what little she had. In the hanger, she was walking towards her freighter, but noticed something up ahead. As she peered closer, she saw her ship. Two people were there, trying to pry it open.

"Karkin' door has some good security. Try the Slicer Key, maybe that'll-"

"HEY!"

Elise ran towards them, pulling her pistol from its holster and firing at them. The thugs ducked behind the cargo ramp's limbs, hiding behind them as they pulled out their own blasters and aimed at her. Elise skidded to a halt, realizing that she had no beskar'kandar to protect her from blaster fire anymore. She felt the Force warning her of the incoming fire, and a flash of training with Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr returned to her. She pulled her lightsaber hilt from its sheath. The krayt dragon pearl screamed as the emitter unleashed its purple blade. Elise used what she knew of Shii-Cho, blocking the incoming fire with the grace of a skilled bladedanger. She started charging again, and the two realized that they were dealing with a Force Weilder.

"J-Jedi? Hey, man, spare us! We-we were just ki-idding around!"

Elise slowed to a walk, approaching them as she held her hilt to her chest, blade shining over her face. "I'm not a Jedi... and I don't tolerate people who go out of their way to harm others."

"S-stop-"

Elise made a final dash, approaching them. It was over in a flash, as the two bodies fell to the ground. Elise looked down at them, saddened that sentient people would resort to breaking the laws that kept civilians safe. The Jedi were too soft, too limp, with crime. That was why the Galactic Alliance had such high crime rates on worlds such as Coruscant. As she looked down at them, blade still aglow, she shook her head. "Why do you people do what you do...?"

She deactivated the blade. Killing always left that feeling of having a piece of her essence chipped away. It grew easy to kill, especially when it was done to save other people or herself, but she felt the heavy weight of it every time. Loss of life... why was this galaxy so cruel?

elisemaybe.png

Last edited:
Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
With Baz disposed of alongside the rest of the trash, downloading the coordinates and clearance codes from his ship was a rather swift affair. In no time at all Darth Strosius had returned to his shuttle and set off for the refinery, leaving nothing but a bloodied compactor and a burned out ship hull in his wake. Not his worst work, most would assume that the racer had finally been done in by some rival gang and that would be the end of it. Another lowlife who had finally been caught by their vices. Just like all the rest would be one day.

As he flew to the refinery he did briefly debate calling in reinforcements for the task at hand, he wasn't exactly sure just how defended it would be after all. Wiping out the wretched dens of criminals might have been an area of expertise but for the sake of securing the refinery in a timely and orderly manner some extra hands wouldn't be the worst idea. Unfortunately reinforcements weren't exactly waiting for his signal, especially not this far away from Sith space. While he could potentially summon a task force it would take far too long for them to arrive. Baz's death would serve as a potent and ominous warning for the rest of his cronies and he couldn't afford to have them pack up shop and flee before he caught up with them. Solo it was then.

Sure enough the refinery hardly appeared any different from the numerous others that made up Cloud City, situated on the lower levels where tourists would hardly stray into. The territory of barbarians and vagabonds just like the gang that he was hunting. A shame that their home turf was about to become their tomb, but it was oddly fitting in his mind. A fitting fate for their sinful existences.

He maneuvered his shuttle into the nearest hangar to the refinery, an eyebrow quirking up as he noticed a freighter already sitting inside as he made his own landing. His assumption that it was a potential deal was quickly disproven when he noticed that two of the three occupants in the hangar were lying on the ground dead. How curious. Darth Strosius strode down the ramp of his shuttle almost right as it was deploying, his lightsaber's hilt clenched tightly in his grasp as he slowly stepped off of the ramp and regarded the apparent victor of the conflict with a slight incline of his head.

"Well, it would appear that I've arrive late to the excitement. And who might you be?"

elisemaybe.png

Elise was interrupted from her thoughts by the sudden appearance of a robed, masked figure. Elise blinked, realizing just how much the Dark Side swirled around him. Elise was so frequently distracted by her thoughts, and her Force Sense was so muddied, that she had not sensed him come up to her at all. But as he stood there, holding his lightsaber in his hand, Elise felt her heart accelerate. Her own lightsaber was in her hand, and she kept it there, eyeing the new arrival's movements in case he showed aggression. She felt severely underwhelming without her beskar'gam, but she had to portray a cool exterior. She forced her tight muscles to loosen, and she opened her body language to a welcoming posture. But still, she held the lightsaber, letting this unknown soul know that she too was a Force User. Perhaps, it would ward him off if he was thinking of attacking her. When a big strong Force User was a threat, the Mandalorian way was to stand her ground. And all she knew was the Mandalorian way...

"I'm a hunter." Elise warily responded, "I've been hunting criminals like these all day, and I plan on keeping it up."

The tone suggested that if he was a criminal type, he best be ready to face justice.

"I won't have any more thugs trying to break into my ship, or threatening more people inside." She jerked her head towards the interior of Cloud City, "Do you have a problem with that?"

elisemaybe.png

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
"A hunter hm?" The masked man cocked his head to the side at that, giving the woman another once over before his gaze settled on the lightsaber in her grasp as he sensed the Force within her. Not as trained nor as prominent as he was usually used to sensing but still very present. Very curious indeed, he hadn't expected to find someone else hunting after criminals. Perhaps he could make use of this little surprise and make this errand a bit quicker if he managed the proper wording.

"Quite the contrary actually, I'm here to do much the same." He crossed the hand that held his lightsaber behind his back as the free one extended forward and opened to compliment the small bow of his upper body. "Darth Strosius, Lord Inquisitor of the Sith Order, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." He straightened up and gestured to the bodies at her feet with an idle wave.

"This bunch has been causing me some trouble, supplying a whole slew of pirates and smugglers with the tibanna gas from this refinery for a cheap price. I've been tracking them down for half of a week and now I've come to shut down their horrid little operation." Darth Strosius extended his hand towards the other hunter once more. "If you wish to continue spilling the blood of the sinful then I can assure you that the deaths of this gang would go a long way to starving others of their ilk of weaponry with which to do their vile deeds. What say you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom