Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dreadful

ETTI IV​
DIDACT HQ​
@Anastasia King​
Today Itash had a meeting.

He hated it.

But for this particular situation there wasn't really anything else to do here. He had been made aware of the fact that this Anastasia character was interested in getting involved in the infrastructure business. Nothing major yet- but she had the head for it apparently. The only issue was that the CSA was stone-walling her with the paperwork.

Quite the pickle to be in.

It was for this reason that Tash had made contact with her- help her get her paperwork sorted and acquire the pieces of land she needed to get her business started.

Why?

Well, it wasn't out of the goodness of his heart, that was for sure. Instead Tash was interested in something else entirely. Something that Ana could help him with, if he helped her be well-positioned to get her business running first. From there it would hopefully be a matter of you scratch me, I scratch you.

Hopefully.

She would presumably arrive in a couple of minutes, he sighed as he leaned back against his chair, feet propped up on the table.

This was going to be dreadful.

Stepping down the hallway the sounds of her boots hitting the tile resonated loudly, a few workers looking her way as she followed another down to what was apparently this man named Itash's office. After her latest hearing with the CSA to grant her what she wished and being yet again denied, he had reached out to her in a letter requesting a meeting, great.

As the guide stopped in front of the door, Anastasia pushed it open with little to no effort, instantly locking her pale blue eyes on the man sitting before her. Definitely not what she expected. Standing there in dark leathers and worn jeans, Anastasia King tossed a bit of her brown hair to the side and moved to stand in front of him.

"Anastasia King, a pleasure." Extending her hand for him to shake, her facial expression radiated disinterest, however, who really enjoyed meetings. While she seemed like the kind of person to always look grumpy, there was still the impression she wasn't a totally incapable and unprofessional person.

[member="Anastasia King"]

He was rolling a cigarette when she came walking through the door.

The extended hand was studied for a moment- graceful fingers, neat nails, Tash had learned that you could learn a fair bit from studying one's hand. It was smoothly taken in his, raising it softly in the secondary of Tapani greetings, before releasing it again. "Lord Itash of House Mecetti." It wasn't proclaimed with loud bluster, no, it was simple fact relayed for her information. That way this King lady would know that she had to modify her behavior accordingly.

Rather than assume she was dealing with another low-born.

"Please. Sit."

Hand, ringed finger with onyx and the brand of House Mecetti, indicated the seat next to her. "Would you like some refreshments maybe?" The roll complete, it was lit and stuck between his lips. A soft puff exhaled the smoke and let it curl upwards.

Turning her nose up at the smoke odor now filling the room, she sat herself down across from him.

"I'm all set. Not to be impatient though I'm more of a woman to get to business."

Swinging one leg over the other, she placed her hands curled together on her knee, making careful notes of the room from her the corners of her vision. The man had money, clearly power if he could go around proclaiming himself a lord. Expensive looking ring, clean enough clothes. Perhaps he did know what he was doing. That at least was some reassurance her time wasn't being entirely wasted.

[member="Itash Mecetti"]

"Of course, Miss.. King."

Drôle name, but there always had to be one, no? He settled himself back against his seat and studied her for a moment, before blowing out some more smoke. It gave her discomfort- good. Said discomfort was pointedly ignored as one leg crossed the other in relaxation.

"I have been made aware your efforts to get to said business has been stalled indefinitely." Head tilted. "Why do you think that is?" It didn't surprise Itash, of course. He knew. It was difficult to get a foot between the door here in the Corporate Sector if you were new and unproven. The larger conglomerates had no interest in sharing pieces of their rich, fat pies. That was simply the way things went here. Unless you came in with about a hundred battle-hardened Thyrsians and settled yourself down without concern.

...and if you were a noble, of course.

That always opened doors in his experience.

"Aside from the fact I am relatively young with little to no experience in large management? Well. I can understand why they don't want to take the risk, though not considering whatsoever is downright rude. I am perfectly capable of dealing with a simple enough business."

She continued sitting the way she had, the discomfort with the smoke well hidden as she kept one leg over the other with her hands on her knee.

Inexperience.

As if that would have stopped them from stamping her forms. In fact, that was probably one of the few advantages, it would have been easy to manipulate her for their own gains. But that was none of his business and Itash wasn't about to go and tell the CSA how to conduct their own business. A nod followed, allowing her that thought without adding to it himself.

She'd find out... or maybe she wouldn't.

It didn't matter to Itash.

"What if I could pull down those barricades and get you your company?" The Tapani nobleman asked, shifting slightly in his seat for better comfort. It was an offer with a lot of hooks, but that was simply how it went with Itash.

For one who knew her very little, this man made many assumptions.

"If you could somehow pull these barriers down, then I suppose I would be in your debt. In the coming weeks I planned on looking into other investors should the CSA not sign the paperwork, though having a hand in getting them to do so would make my life far simpler."

She spoke with quiet confidence, her voice very flat in tone, not wavering for any word, what she said was fact and needed not to be conveyed with anything more than statement. Uncrossing her legs, she sat upright now, keeping only her ankles crossed and showing some form of interest in the conversation, a good sign for both of them.

[member="Itash Mecetti"]

The magical words Itash always loved to hear.

Debt.

That was good enough for the Tapani, as long as she understood this, they could do fine, fine business. "Oh, I am sure I can pull a string here or there." Didact was a rising star and had the noble blood behind it. Strange how few people were eager to push against someone holding the name of Mecetti. But that was the beauty of being a noble, he supposed.

"Construction is a good option. There are always people eager to build something, once people like me are done tearing the old down." That was the way Itash saw it anyway.

He didn't build.

He destroyed.

"What made you pick that though?"

"I suppose I picked it because I've always had an interest in Architecture, owning a company you don't necessarily have to do the work yourself, rather you can see what you envision be created. I felt construction and Architecture would be perfect together."

She knew he would jump to the word debt, every rich man did. Though business was business, and she would eventually owe him an arm and a leg anyways.

"Well, building on something that you love and earning a tidy some of money with it sounds very perfect, miss King." Tash agreed calmly, before leaning back in his chair and watching her for a moment.

A nod then.

"Very well. I will help you. It will take me a week or so, because I have other business to attend to. But by the end of it, you should have an appointment with the Prex of the CSA. They will be far more accommodating this time around." A shrug followed soon after. "Anything else I could help you with while we are at it?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom