Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dranium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: None
Intent: To create a metal that can be used for Drakos Systems’ ships; I also want to try and submit a metal, and see how well I would do.
Development Thread: If necessary
Manufacturer: Drakos Systems
Model: Dranium
Affiliation: Drakos System, as they use the metal in creating the hulls of their ships, among other things. We are willing to sell it however, but on a case by case basis.
Modularity: No
Production: Mass Production?
Material: Titanium, Durasteel, and Duraplast
Description: With many companies that produce ships creating metals in order for them to be able to part of the hulls of their ships, Drakos Systems’s R & D Division was ordered to begin working on making a new metal in order for the metal to be used in a ship’s hull. After years of constant testing, and failed tests, the metal known as Dranium was created.

A mixture of Titanium, Durasteel, and Duraplast, Dranium inherits the qualities of this metals, or at least some of their most notable qualities. The metal is highly strong, and like its ancestor, Durasteel, is highly resistant to the cold, and to the heat, increasing the metal’s overall effectiveness. It is also highly resistant to EMP attacks, allowing for Dranium to be used to help construct engines, as well as plating that can be used to protect turrets, and guns. The metal also has somewhat higher resistance to projectiles, and laser canon rounds than most metals, although as always, that doesn't really matter in a fleet battle. The metal is also light-weight, as Titanium was a lightweight, but highly durable metal.

Ultimately, the metal is a reliable, and will soon be used in the construction of ships.
Primary Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Titanium/Legends
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Durasteel/Legends
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Duraplast

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Krayzen Dratos"]

I feel as a Tier 2 Company, mass production of a product like this is a bit of stretch.

Even with proper sponsorship and no development - it's still stretching the boundaries.

Taking a look at the various perks you have listed for this particular metal: It's strong, has high resistance to heat, cold and EMP. It's slightly higher resistance to laser rounds and projectiles. This is alot to swallow and combined with all that it's lightweight.

I don't really see a weakness for this metal at all.

That being said - here is what we can do:

With No Development:
  • Two Features but not EMP.
  • Can have EMP but no other features.
  • Must have a minimum of three weakness if EMP is chosen, if not still needs to have some sort've weakness to counter balance chosen features.
  • Must be set to a lower production level, like Minor.
With Development and a Sponsor: 15 Posts.
  • Two Features and Light EMP Resistance.
  • Must have a minimum of three proper weaknesses.
  • May be produced on a Mass Scale.
  • Sponsor must be Tier 3 or greater.
Let me know what you choose to do. The company can be PC or NPC.

IIRC, titanium was used to make TIE fighters because it was highly strong, but it was also lightweight right?

Is it possible if I remove the fact that it's lightweight, and state that its' heavy per square meater, and that it's expensive(weaknesses that I've seen for a product that is somewhat similar to this in some ways). I'll also reduce the production of this metal to minor.

If the production is reduced to minor, what would it mean for ships that have this metal as a type of hull. Additionally, if I were to do the development thread, would a Major Faction count as a sponsor?

Strengths:
  • Strong
  • Highly resistant to Cold
  • Highly resistant to heat
  • Highly resistant to EMP
  • Slight higher resistance to Projectiles
  • Slight higher resistance to Laser canon rounds
  • Lightweight
Weaknesses:
  • None
Even if you were to remove Lightweight and add Expensive as a weakness...

Strengths:
  • Strong
  • Highly resistant to Cold
  • Highly resistant to heat
  • Highly resistant to EMP
  • Slight higher resistance to Projectiles
  • Slight higher resistance to Laser canon rounds
Weaknesses:
  • Expensive
It doesn't balance out to be something that would be reasonable. Right now it's pushing over the boundaries of overpowered - which is why I offered the options above. To answer the question: Yes, a Major Faction would count as a sponsor - if you have the approval of the Administrators of that Faction.

Ok; I'm willing to remove its resistant to the heat, and cold, and add that it's heavier per square meter, and that it's expensive to manufacture. 3 strengths for 2 weaknesses.

If it doesn't need to be expensive as a weakness, can I return it to mass production?

No.

I gave you two viable options that would work - I ask that you please make those changes in order to get this item pushed through the approval process.

Moved to Archives - PM [member="Spencer Jacobs"] for removal / if denied for Second Chance please post and tag Spencer Jacobs for review.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom