Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Dragoon Pistols

Status
Not open for further replies.
plasma_fueled_flintlock_blunderbuss_pistol_by_johnsonarms-d6n5ct4.jpg
Image Source: http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/263/c/c/plasma_fueled_flintlock_blunderbuss_pistol_by_johnsonarms-d6n5ct4.jpg

Intent: To provide a unique weapon for the Vitae Alliance's royal guard.

Development Thread: If needed

Manufacturer: Zorren Manufacturers

Model: Z-5 Dragoon Pistols

Affiliation: Vitae Alliance (Specifically, the Royal Guard)

Modularity:
Scopes
Grapples
Any normal pistol attatchment, I.E lazer sights, a small scope, or modification rails.

Production: Minor Production

Material: Teradin Tree wood, durasteel, high grade transparisteel, gold finish(Royal Guard only)

Classification: Blaster

Size: Handheld

Length: 38 cm

Weight: .7 kg

Ammunition Type: Gas Canister

Ammunition Capacity: 300 shots, or 20 shots capable of shooting through 2 centimeters of durasteel(not recommended for common use as it can cause long term damage to the pistol)

Effective Range: Optimum 35(25 during power shot) meters Maximum 100 meters(90 during power shot)

Rate of Fire: Semi-Automatic

Special Features:
Easily hidden due to semi-straight shape
Shoots with stun bolts, normal bolts, and powered bolts
Powered bolts hold enough kinetic force for a lightsaber wielder to feel a small amount of knock back on their weapon.
Attachments are easily added to pertain to the mission at hand.
Teradin Tree wood and durasteel makes it hard enough to use as a bludgeon in close range

Description: The Dragoon Pistol was created to serve as the main fire arm for close and medium range combat, giving Veran soldiers a reliable weapon int he field. With a rugged and fairly simple design, it deviates from the normal blaster pistol appearance with its straight wooden aesthetic. This weapon was also formed with a gold finish to mark it as a the weapon of the Vitae Royal guard, an elite force who would require the best equipment that could be offered to them. Due to its place as a military weapon, specifically that of what would effectively be a special forces unit, the dragoon pistol was given the ability to sacrifice its ammunition capacity for a far more powerful shot which is capable of blowing through heavy locks or medium grade armor. However, the strength of these shots leads to a small instability in the bolt, causing it to become less accurate, lowering the effective ranges. However, this weapon, while capable of shooting up to 100 meters, is used at an optimum range of 30 meters, far smaller than any rifle.

Strengths
Large number of shots
Capable of using power shots.
Easily reloaded
Rugged and capable of surviving many different environments
Modifiable
Capable of being used in close range as a bludgeon

Weaknesses
More than five consecutive shots with the power shot setting could lead to wear down on the barrel, causing pits that could trap gas and cause explosions.
If the gas canister is broken, the gun may violently explode
Not for use as a long range weapon
Easily blocked by a light saber
Incapable of shooting through heavy armors
Powershots require about one second of holding the trigger to charge up
Teradin wood is pure decoration and durability, and not poisonous in any way.

[member="Vulpesen"] - Notes:

• I need you to shore up just what is modular on the blaster. 'Misc.' leaves it too open ended and prone to abuse.
  • I would like a rough number of shots added to the power shot feature before the barrel explodes. To keep it fair, 3-5, your pick, then the shooter needs to not fire for a few minutes.
  • Transparisteel is still vulnerable, so it would not prevent the gas from exploding when hit if the glass was punctured, which is not terribly difficult. Gas + burning bolt of ion/plasma would ignite the gas, no matter the material of the cannister. Please remove this feature.
  • I need it confirmed the teradin tree wood does NOT contain any of the poisonous barbs or such that the sub featured here notes. I also need this added to the sub stating it does not.
That's all for now.

I said Misc because I didn't feel like looking up a catalog of common pistol attatchments, I didn't mean anything like a grenade launcher, just things like lasers(red dot lasers, not pew pew lasers).

As for the transparisteel... that was just because I don't want to hold a tibanna gas bomb and there's no other way to explain the massive green(but aesthetically pleasing) tube on the side of the gun's picture. Other star wars guns aren't that vulnerable as I understand it.

but, as your wishes, such things have been added/taken away.

[member="Ijaat Akun"]

[member="Vulpesen"] - Any blaster is basically a gas bomb. It is not my fault nor does it justify taking that away that a picture you liked had a funny quirk. You could have just stated the difference between the picture and the product. Plenty of times that has been done.

As it stands, Approved Pending Secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom