Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auction Dragon Queen Necklace Auction

The time had come to see who was willing to put it all down to earn the right to own one of the rare and prestigious Dragon Queen Necklaces made by Lucid Luxuries.

The auction house was elegantly set up to match the beauty of the items on the list to be auctioned off. On the stage were holograms of the 2 necklaces. Their actual whereabouts were known only to Cady and Cady alone. She was excited to see the turn out for her product, if there would be one and she was even more excited to share her product with the buyers. She stood in the back of the room, by the door to welcome everyone once they came in.

The setting was prepared. The doors opened tot he public and the auction would begin once everyone took their seats.

(oh that thing is pretty)

Junko sat there at her terminal, the news of an auction did have some interest but.. well she wasn't one for massive things. Rare items, ships or something people would come seeking on the grounds it belonged to this ancestor.... were tiring so. Something new and shiny... realy shiny she clapped her hands. "One aurodium ingot for one."

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ
Liber walked into the auction hall, adjusting his high collar as he looked at the small crowd gathered. On his way to another appointment, his aide had made the Prince of Doldur aware of a particular item, which Liber felt would be a wonderful gift. Walking to the holographic displays, the tall near-human peered down at the display. His hands were tucked behind his back, his bright blue eyes narrowed as he appraised the necklace. So very similar in color to his own, almost like the blue was reflecting back at him...

"I must have this," Liber said simply, turning and looking over the crowd. He rarely had many blocking his view. "I will offer one ingot of Guerrerite. A very expensive ore from the planet Hoszh Iszhir, and certainly more than adequate to cover the cost of this wonderful item and the work taken to create such a piece."

Glancing to an unassuming woman of class toward the back of the room, Liber smiled.

"If the offer is acceptable, and the auction ended with the item in my hand now, I will also offer, additionally, a blue kyber crystal for such a swift transaction."

Liber waited patiently, absently glancing down at the small holodisplay on his wrist. He couldn't wait for long, he had other business to attend to...

[member="Cady Arwyn"]

The auctioneer looked between the two, clearly confused. "Err, I'm sorry but this is an auction not a flea market. We only accept credits here."

[member="Liber Cluvius"] | [member="Junko Ike"]

Matt the Radar Tech

Liber raised an eyebrow, clearly perplexed. He supposed he had missed the fine print explaining it was for credits only, and had simply been bidding in a form to outmanoeuvre his auction opponent.

"Well, uh, very well," Liber said blinking. "My offer is five thousand credits... with the kyber crystal still included for swift procurement of the necklace."

The Prince internally shrugged, quite happy to save credits by not selling such an expensive commodity. The exchange rate would have been worth more for the ingot, were it sold or otherwise used for more items...

[member="Cady Arwyn"]

Junko looked confused and raised her eyebrow. aurodium was something that was worth more then enough credits when converted and used for currency across the galaxy... but very well. "I see, then the value of one aurodium ingot, 300 million." She said it and shrugged looking at the other and was just curious.

[member="Liber Cluvius"] [member="Cady Arwyn"]

Matt the Radar Tech

Liber watched as the other bidder offered a price, the rough equivalent of an ingot of Aurodium at three-hundred million credits. A shame, really, as the Prince would have liked to start at a very low baseline for the auction. But, at the end of the day, there were several factors involved in continuing with bidding - was the item truly worth it, was the cost appropriate despite inflation, and the auctioneer in charge of the bidding. As it stood, Liber had made more than a generous offer, and had been told to keep his flea market scraps out of the equation...

Clearly the auctioneer had no idea what she was doing.

"Enjoy the item, I won't bid any further," Liber said, nodding to the other bidder. "A shame you jumped so high, so quickly, when the owner of the item clearly had no idea what we were actually offering. I'll simply save my more expensive ore for another scrap elsewhere. Perhaps at the local flea markets? ...I've heard they stock some nice hand-me-downs, as well."

Turning to the owner of the necklace, the Prince shrugged and walked out of the auction hall. He would ensure not to seek out this particular salesperson again.

[member="Cady Arwyn"] [member="Junko Ike"]

[member="Liber Cluvius"]

Junko looked at the man and bowed her head. "Perhaps but it seemed dishonorable to offer her less then the original offer. Regardless of what we might think of it. Please though if you wish come around and there might be something special you want to get from my family." She offered him a small smile while sitting there and she did agree with him in the most case. the materials were worth a great deal on their own and a lot easier to transport. Outside of most governments with their own currency... they were a universal one for it.

Matt the Radar Tech

Liber paused, listening. He nodded, appreciating the stance the other bidder had on the sale. And while he agreed, in part, with not offering a lower price - but an incredible margin, no less - the Prince couldn't deny that both the insult and the lack of knowledge to back that insult, had been more than enough reason. At least for him.

"Certainly, here are my details," Liber walked back, handed a small flimsy-card to the other bidder, and nodded again. It contained contact information. "I look forward to spending my scrap ore with you and your family."

The Prince then left, closing the door softly in his wake.

[member="Junko Ike"]

"Three hundred one million, and a guaranteed plot of land on Val'hala, for whatever purposes you wish, absolutely free of tax and charge - one decade." Came a voice from the rear of the hall. God's rarely leave their domain, but this was a nice occasion. The amulet was a mediocre thing to Vokun, hardly worth more than the change in his pocket. However, it had never been his strong suit to judge jewelry. If it was worth aurodium, he would bid, and take the victory. Since his return to life, he may have changed his ways, but not everything could leave him. He needed to win.

"Should I win, by the by, send the wonderful piece to Ms. Ike there." He was cocky, and knew it. This was not just a flirt either, but a show of strength. Who had that kind of money to literally throw away?

[member="Junko Ike"]

Cady was surprised. The auction turned out to be even more amusing than she previously thought. The sight of one man defeated so easily by a little girl brought her some joy. Apparently, he had no idea of the value of a krayt dragon pearl, but, it didn't surprise Cady. He didn't appear too 'in the know' considering his offer of an ingot of guerrerite and a kyber crystal, both being worthless to her.

And then, the real bids came in. 300 million credits for one of the items. A number she hadn't expected to hear, but welcomed it greatly. She held up her hand in a fist, a signal to the auctioneer to close the bidding. The auctioneer nodded to Cady. "Sold for 301 million credits!" The auctioneer banged his gavel on the podium, signalling the end of the bidding. "You may come up onto the stage to collect your winnings." The auctioneer unveiled one of the necklaces in a black case, ready for it's new owner to claim it. "Congratulations, Ms. Ike. You are now a proud owner of one of the Dragon Queen necklaces."

The crowds applause filled the room. Cady stood from her seat in the back and left the auction. The remaining necklace was secured and brought with her. She didn't expect the auction to take as long as it did so she decided to save the last one for a special occasion.

[member="Vokun"] | [member="Liber Cluvius"] | [member="Junko Ike"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom