Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Character Dr. Livia Steele

: // Cryptographer

52v2Kb0.png

[GENERAL] [TRAITS] [ABILITIES] [KNOWN ORIGINS] [GEAR] [PROGRAMS]

G E N E R A L

FULL NAME: Dr Livia 'Tex' Steele
KNOWN ALIAS: Tex
CURRENT TITLES: Cryptologist, Bounty Hunter
THEME: Big Iron
FORCE SENSITIVE: REDACTED No
ASSOCIATIONS: UNKNOWN Rimward Trade League
RESIDENCE: REDACTED Whistler's Landing

SPECIES: Human
HEIGHT: 5'9"
WEIGHT: 71kg
EYE COLOR: Hazel
HAIR COLOR: Brown
SKIN PIGMENT: Tan
NOTABLE MARKINGS: Facial scarring

DESCRIPTION: Livia Steele is a weathered frontierswoman, time and bitter climates have had their effect on her face. Scars long since healed crisscross her right cheek, her skin tanned like hardened leather.

Piercing hazel eyes shadowed by a wide brim hat. A torn crimson cloak hangs over a battered cuirass of durasteel body armour, pants of thick Nexu hide and an old trusty pair of rugged work boots. She is every bit the Outer Rim frontier.

T R A I T S

ASSETS
Compassionate
Optimistic

RISKS
Reckless
Impulsive
Stubborn

A B I L I T I E S

• Astronavigator
  • Cryptologist
  • Gunslinger

K N O W N _ O R I G I N S

HOME WORLD: Florrum
FAMILY: Steele
PREVIOUS ALLEGIANCES:

KNOWN HISTORY:
Livia Steele was born and raised on a harsh frontier planet in the furthest reaches of the Outer Rim Territories. Her childhood was marked by the struggles and resilience of life on her parents moisture farm. Her home an oasis among the vast arid landscapes and shelter for travellers who ran afoul of local marauders who skirmished with the far flung farmers. The merciless life of home raised into her a resilience that could not be shaken, unequalled resourcefulness and determination for a better life.

Throughout her childhood her parents had noted her natural affinity for patterns and deciphering complex codes, a skill understandably rare and valuable. What little funds the family had they were able to send Livia into the Deep Core. A new path had opened for Livia, one free of the limitations of her homeworld but a path she would have to travel alone. With her family left behind she started a new life on Coruscant, attending university to study Cryptology.

Coruscant was transformative for the naïve frontiers girl, a world of countless diverse aliens, cultures and advanced technology. Intellectual growth was embraced and her years studying had flown by her faster than she had expected. Under the guidance of her professors she had honed her skills in encryption algorithms. Her interests branched into astronavigation, forgotten civilizations and deciphering ancient languages.

When her studies were complete Livia faced financial collapse, the funding of her parents could not keep her on Coruscant, but neither could they pay for her ticket home. She made for the nearest starport, offered her astronavigation skills to freighter crews and bounced from system to system, meeting people of every background and profession and along the way she learned to look after herself.

Each month Livia would send a packet of funds home for her family but stay on the spacelanes, earning a living wherever she could, however she could, whether by brains or brawn.

G E A R

T H R E A D S

hx74TkA.png

DATABASE RIMWARD TRADE LEAGUE WATCH LIST

Last edited:
: // Cryptographer

P R O L O G U E

KUCHLmN.jpg

Smugglers Moon
Refugee Sector
Count Zero

Livia's fingers beat a rhythm against her holster, her anxiety reaching new heights with every sudden glare and leer from the cantina patrons. Green neon lights flowed over her and a thumping electric beat rattled her eardrums as a mass of bodies danced in tandem. Her eyes followed the crowd and she realised that perhaps for once humans here were not the common sight. Aliens of every descript and background, and more droids than she could have believed moved to the music. So that's why they sold hydraulic lubricators at the bar, she thought.

She navigated the crowd, gently brushing past shoulders and one too many drunks who didn't care to budge. Livia scanned the booths that lined the walls of this strange club, and then narrowed on a booth in a far corner of the room. A tranquillity screen had been activated, an umbrella of yellow energy that shielded conversation from unwanted ears. It wasn't common among typical pubs, but if you found yourself in a corporate bar on Denon or some dive-cantina on a backwater planet you'd be sure to find tranquillity screens installed in each table.

Livia reached out a hand as though to pull aside a curtain, hunching over and ducking into and through the energy field of the screen. The sole occupant almost towered her despite Livia standing and the stranger sitting. The gulp she swallowed felt audible. "You Dr. Steele?" the cyborg asked, all machine and metal, and synthskin stretched over her face. Four arms protruded from a heavy leather jacket that looked personally customized to the tastes of the womans favourite Deep Core bands.

"Yes," Livia answered, "I just flew in tonight, captains flying out to the Trade League whether I make it back in time or not so we should probably make this quick." The cyborg had been reaching into her jacket when she hesitated, a deep scowl crossed her face and Livia's own flushed bright red. The last thing she wanted to do was anger a cyberpsycho spice addict in some hole in the wall. She had heard stories about this neighbourhood and the bodies that appeared in gutters for the morning garbage men to dispose.

"Don't rush me, I ain't your fucken' pet," the cyborg sneered, mechanical fingers retrieving a holocron from the depths of her jacket and sliding it across the table. "The holocron of Hasjo Hallu, some Jedi that died on. . ." she trailed off and then waved a hand dismissively, "Who cares, just give me my creds." Livia fidgeted at her belt, retrieving a leather pouch and tossing it with a clink onto the table, "Five-hundred, just like you asked." The cyborg grabbed the pouch and quickly dragged it to her side of the table, then stood up and it was then that Livia truly appreciated the height of the woman. "Bloody hell, you've got to be what.. eight foot tall?" The cyborg shrugged, "Something like that," and left the table, vanishing beyond the tranquillity screen.

"Hasjo Hallu," Livia muttered, now alone. Her eyes studied the spherical holocron, a purchase she had made on a blackmarket auction over the CryptNet. Had it not been for a lack of bidders and the cyborg having no idea just how much a holocron was worth Livia would never have been able to afford it. She reached over to the holocron and as her palm made contact with it it began to glow, illuminating her face as small metal pieces began to readjust and align into a pattern, the inner core unfurling like a blossoming flower. Red energy burst to life and her eyes lusted at the spectacle. A star chart of the Unknown Regions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom