Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Down in the Gutter Again

rodrigo-villarias-rodrigo-molina-escenario-coruscant.jpg

Coruscant
div1.png
"Two weeks until I can punch again now?" he asked with a dumb grin after he felt her healing up his knuckles a little. They were a lot less sore now, but definitely still weakened. Luckily he didn't actually plan to get into fights — circumstances had just been forcing him into them, that's all.

Aiden then leaned just a little closer while he watched her try another sip from the beer, and the eye twitch said it all. He smirked, clearly enjoying the fact that she was forcing herself through it over some guilt she felt for him paying for it. But after she set the glass down, he chuckled and gestured at it, "Feel free to leave it if you don't like it. Not for everybody," he said before she returned his joke with one of her own.

"Well, I'm still waiting on that wedding ring now that you're all patched up,"

"Uh-huh, I see," he chuckled and shook his head lightly before her genuine smile was met with his own again, "I do really appreciate it. I don't think I'd still be breathing otherwise." It was a strange thing to think about, but luckily something he could leave behind him now. "Are you staying anywhere in the area? I don't mind walking you there to help you avoid more trouble. You look..." he paused. "I assume the healing has knocked your energy out a little."

"Something like that," Amani smirked. He picked up on her struggle through the beer as well, and she laughed awkwardly. The mirialan's cheeks became a bit rosy, though whether it was from embarrassment or alcohol was hard to say, "You're just making me commit harder." Another drink, a bit bigger this time.

She set it down, and dipped her head at his more genuine gratitude, "Don't mention it." All things considered, it went rather smoothly. He scared off the thugs, and was lucky enough to get the attention of the Jedi Order's Chief Healer in a matter of moments. The serendipity of the Force.

Aiden noticed her weariness as well, which made Amani blink. She fiddled idly with her necklace in consideration, "I'm just at the Jedi Temple. No big deal." It was clear she wasn't actually super confident in that claim. Yes, Amani was a capable Jedi, but even a Jedi could get unlucky. And Force healing was a rather draining exercise. "I- suppose I wouldn't mind a walk to the nearest airbus stop." She offered with a sheepish grin.

"You're just making me commit harder."

That drew Aiden's lips into a smirk for sure, "I had a feeling you were up for a challenge," he said before he finally picked up his own glass and downed what remained of its contents. It helped loosen him up a little and made him just a bit more numb to the soreness from getting stabbed and beaten to hell.

His more genuine gratitude was met with an answer he expected — Healers, especially Jedi, would always help without asking for anything in return. It was in their nature, and they took the work they did very seriously.

"It's just for mutual safety," he said after he noticed her sheepish smile. "We've had these drinks and the real scum comes at you in groups, so it can be hard even for a Jedi." Although the criminals here weren't exactly skilled or trained, she'd likely still beat them without a problem. But there was still no logic in taking chances. So Aiden stood up and gestured for her to follow him.

"What's it like? Being a Healer for the Jedi?" He asked as they began to walk. "I know they aren't as numerous anymore,"

While Amani was still easing her way through the drink, Aiden took his own and downed the entire rest of the mug in one go. She watched, both surprised and impressed by the display, before taking another, decidedly smaller, drink. Still, she managed to get through a good amount of it by the time they were ready to head out. Good enough for her to justify the expense.

His reasoning earned a hum in agreement. That much healing made her lethargic, which in turn made the alcohol even more effective against the lightweight mirialan. Better safe than sorry. "I appreciate it," Amani stood up slowly to follow, "And if you get stabbed again, I'll be right there to patch you up."

Once outside, she took a deep breath, then began walking. Aiden expressed his curiosity about her work, and the healer laughed, "Yeah. That's an understatement." The orders of old had extensive healing personnel. Even the Silvers had a robust program of their own, although the Concord seemed so isolationist these days there was no telling what they were up to as of late. But here, things were scant, "There's only a handful of us at the temple. Specialized healers, anyway. It's definitely… busy, at times. And stressful." Amani admitted with a solemn nod. The work weighed heavy on her mind. The price of being passionate about what she did and the people she helped.

"We're trying to get some new additions, but pickings are slim. And as the Chief Healer it's now my job to oversee all of it." At a surface level it might have sounded like a complaint, but Amani was honored to accept the responsibility. Her work was hard, but never once had it deterred her from continuing to pursue those aims. She grazed a few fingers across the sapphire she wore on her necklace, before crossing her arms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom