Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Dovin Basal Disruptor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Transmitter.jpg

bNSjbG.gif

bNSgq1.gif

• Manufacturer: Allya Vi'Dreya, Locke and Key Mechanics

• Affiliation: Allya Vi'Dreya, CIS, Locke and Key Mechanics, SJO, Closed-Market to all others.

• Model: Dovin Basal Disruptor

• Modularity: Can be installed in all existing craft, otherwise no.

• Production: Limited

• Material: Titanium, transmitter components

bNSh92.gif

• Transmitter Frequency: Through a long research period, various High frequency nonionizing electromagnetic fields were found to inhibit the plant dovin basals abilities to coordinate together and to receive commands.
bNSQCx.gif

• Inhibit: While not fool proof, the transmitter pulses out a frequency that in essence confuses dovin basals. It makes it difficult for them to coordinate together and to respond to commands.

• Range and power: The larger the vessel the transmitter is put on, the more range and power it has. When used from the largest of ships its effects can reach the entire battlefield, and does a good job at confusing many dovin basals.
bNStw8.gif

• Easily traced: The transmitter is easily follow back to its source by sensors. This derails any attempt at stealth, and will likely be a target shortly after.

• Transmitter: To use the transmitter, it has to be set a bit above (or below) a ship on a stand. This makes it stand out and makes it an easy target. It isn't heavily armored, meaning a ships shields are the only protection it has.

• Smaller Ships: While it can have some effect from smaller ships, the range isn't very high, and the effects are not as favorable.

• Does nothing to anything other than Dovin Basals

• Smaller Dovin Basals: Things like coral skippers, and other ships that use only a singular small dovin basal, that is in close contact with it's controller, while often affected, will usually still be able to perform their duties with only a miniscule loss of performance. This is due to a lack of need to coordinate with other Dovin Basals, as well as the closer proximity of the user.

bN5PDq.gif

A small and simple titanium , tower is affixed to a space faring vessel. Connected to power, and then turned on, the tower begins to broadcast pulses of high frequency nonionizing electromagnetic fields. Traveling at the speed of light, like a radio broadcast, these fields wash over the battle field. For most this transmitter just makes it easier to pinpoint the location of the transmitting ship, but causes no harm to any other ship around it. However, this effect is greatly changed when it hits the plant based dovin basal.

Upon contact, the pulse forces a release of chemicals throughout the entity, which begin to cause, for a lack of a better word, a panic in the plant. As the state of the being becomes agitated, its coordination with the other dovin basals becomes more clouded, something that is aggravated by the fact the other plants near it would also be washed by the same field. As the state of the plant breaks down, it has trouble responding to commands given, meaning a greater chance of failure with each pulse.

As the transmitter sends out hundreds of pulses a minute, this keeps the plants washed in the field, causing more and more panic and confusion through them. While not fool proof, this transmitter should see a marked decrease in the abilities of the dovin basals washed in it's field. With luck, they may cause their ships to be slower, be weaker at stealing shields, and have trouble generating stable singularities.

[member="Allya Vi'Dreya"]
So, vong stuff again!

So, disrupting animals with electromagnetic pulses is plausible. I've subbed something similar in the past myself.

My main issue here is the mass produced hard-counter. I would suggest lowering the production to Limited if you wouldn't mind.

Second, you mention that it isn't fool proof and that's good, but perhaps we could go just a bit further and toss on something that benefits either larger or smaller dovin basals. For example, Coralskippers could be less effected individually since they are realitively small and their dovin basals more purpose driven in their roles -or- you could add something about Larger Dovin Basals being more resilient due to their size and complexity.

Let me know what you decide and we'll move this along.

[member="Laira Darkhold"] I am so sorry! Thank you for the reminder haha. I just finished up the changes. I changed the production to limited, as I think it makes sense with the abilities. Also, I added in a weakness, that keeps it from heavily effecting smaller dovin basals in things like coral skippers and similar ships that have pilots in close proximity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom