Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Double Double, Toil and.... (Hello Witches!)

Lord Ghoul

L
The dark haired Sith shrugged. "I am a Sith. I just don't like other Sith. It's a mutual thing."

Mikhail hadn't fully realized just how much these people did not know. Or did not seem to know. He would have to dumb it down. , "If the Empress could spare time from governing an Empire spanning hundreds of thousands of worlds, keeping peace with a multitude of other galactic governments, and visit your world at the same time, I'm sure she would." Mikhail smirked slightly. "You have one world. We have thousands. If you were engaged in complicated negotiations with a great many big tribes, would you go yourself to a much smaller tribe, or would you send a representative?" The question was rhetorical, or at least it should have been, but funny things tended to happen to rhetorical questions.

"The Empress is a powerful user of the Force. Its the energy that is in you and me." Mikhail lifted a hand and several nearby stones floated from the long grass and into the air. "It's the ability to do stuff like this. Following?" The rocks dropped with soft thuds. "She governs an Empire full of people with the same ability. We have conquered many, many worlds. However, I have been sent to learn about your ways and teach you some of ours in addition to extending the hand of peace. We wouldn't want any of our less-than-friends to give us a bad reputation before we got here."

A mutual thing, dislike among Sith. Satara probably should have seen it coming with all the stories she had heard with them. Then again, she'd had little connection with the Sith know them by her own eyes. Her own son hardly counted as he was family.

Apperently, this Empress of his governed thousands of worlds and didn't have time to even meet with possible allies. The trouble of big alliances. Here at least, they all had their part of the land and focused on that. However Satara, being herself, took the question as an actual question. "Actually, I go by myself. My people can always join me but I've always been far more hands on." Perhaps she couldn't understand why someone would go about running an entire Empire if they can't live up to it, sending others in their place. It seemed like simple common courtesy. "But that's just me. I find it polite to deal with people."

His sudden explanation was illogical. Mikhail seemed to be explained what an Empress was, even though her title did nothing to justify her capability in the Force. And the explanation of the Force just made the Witch huff. "Stop showing off, Sith. We know full well what the Force is and a simple telekinesis power is not that impressive. Such behavior will hardly make us friends, young man." The arrogance of outsiders sometimes just sticked the woman off. And it was usually best not to piss off the Clan Mother. Last time she actually pissed off, she wasn't all that good. And frankly, the whole bit made the man sound very disrespectful. "I asked who your Empress is, Sith. Does she have a name. Empress is a title, not a person. Same as I introduced myself by name first. That sort of thing."

@[member="Mikhail Shorn"]

Lord Ghoul

L
"If you think that is me showing off, then you are in for some surprises," Mikhail winked. "But be real, there's no way I could have known that you call the Force the same thing I do. Remember that whole thing where you guys cut yourselves off from all civilization? Anyway, I guess we are on the same page now."

Her outburst was surprising. Apparently, it didn't take much to boil her pot. Not the best vice when negotiating. Still, Mikhail never had been respectful. Even to Sith Lords. Mikhail knew this. It was purposeful. He didn't respect anyone. Nobody deserved it. Interesting that Ashin would send him on a mission like this, but she probably had their reasons. She was possibly the closest person Mikhail almost respected. And not for her power. She just had a very blunt attitude. It made for simple interaction, which was just fine for him.

"Her name is Ashin Varanin. And like I said, if she could be here, she would. She does not screw around. Next time you're a key catalyst in quelling the outbreak of a galactic war and still have time to learn another planet's culture, let me know." Mikhail smiled tightly. "As Champion of the Empress you can damn well bet I sere as a sufficient representative. Now, I am supposed to be here on an extended mission. That's the real reason she can't come. I am supposed to learn your culture, and teach you some of ours. It would be... enlightening for both parties."

Perhaps there was no way of assuming they knew of the Force the way he did, especially since they cut themselves off from all civilization. Satara smiled a tad bit at that. "It's the fact that you assume that we do not know it was is annoying, Mikhail. Our legacy comes from a Jedi Knight that lived many centuries ago. And you assume that just because the civilization itself is cut off, all individuals are." It was just amazing how outsiders just made the assumptions so easily. "Besides, you speak in Basic and we speak Paecean. And yet most of us speak to you in the tongue of the galaxy easily. That could have been your first clue, young man." Quick judgement was never good when meeting possible new friends. Ever.

Finally, she learned the Empress was called Ashin Varanin. That name itself meant nothing to her. And apperently Dathomir wasn't a key catalyst in quelling the outbreak of a galactic war. And still, Satara believed in common courtesy. Expect, this man went on to talk of needing to learn about their culture and to teach them some of his own. Apperently, it was to be enlightining for both parties.

But if he planned on staying... Satara reached out through to Force to @[member="Bronwyn"], calling her attention back. As her great granddaughter had pointed out just moments ago, she had been the one to first lay her eyes on the man and thus had bidding still. If she did not return to make the claim, he was free game. And unless he was claimed or protected right here or now, they would have trouble with it later on. And since this wasn't a moment of bonding or selecting a mate for life, Satara took a slightly different route than she did not long ago when her daughter had come to her to claim a Jai as her own. Still, she turned to the Sith to say: "Before you are able to begin learning, you must be under the protection of a Witch. We'll just have to get this formality out of the way," her eyes scanning the females present.

@[member="Mikhail Shorn"] @[member="TiCira D'Arr Hawk"] @[member="Elayne Hawk"]

Bronwyn Tyr

@}-',--BeautifulDisaster--,'-{@
"Well well well ... looks like you need me after all. Without my protection, the Sith hater I'm sure will 'claim' you for a rancor snack." Bronwyn said suddenly as if she had never left. She was perched on top of the Sith's ship he had arrived in, her bare legs dangling over their heads. She did still have claim over the newcomer, and such laws as the laws of old were not to be broken, it was at this junction that she felt safe returning, despite the amount of Allyan Elders present. "So which is it, hon, me or the seething witch hellbent on detaching that pretty little head of yours from your body?" She knew he would hate the idea, but that made this dangerous game she was playing all that much more fun.

OOC: hahahahaahah @[member="Bronwyn"] that cracked me up sooo much!

IC:
@[member="Bronwyn"] @[member="Satara Hawk"] @[member="Mikhail Shorn"] @[member="Viho Hawk"]

The small silver beads woven within her plaited hair jingled as she paused in her step. At least Viho seemed to be in the same train of thought as her. Hearing the Nightsister's mocking, Ti'Cira straightened to her full height. Her eyes went cold; dark golden circlets that suggested that she was only being tolerated. The witch had been exiled due to a murder, if she remembered correctly.

Weaver of dark spells.

Her focus went back to Mikhail. "What woman would send a man as their delegate." she said simply, "Unless she did so in punishment."

Her cold gaze turned to that of her great grandmother. "I do not argue the Nightsister's claim. " she said simply. "He can be her's." she turned back to Mikhail. "Enjoy her bed while it lasts as her slave, Sith."

Lord Ghoul

L
"Hang on a second, slave?" Mikhail shook his head. "I didn't sign up for this."

The idea of being stuck on Dathomir as a slave, while full of possibilities, was not something Mikhail wished to explore. Shorn glanced warily at the young woman who had somehow managed to get on top of his freighter. "I know I am irresistible, but really? Being a sex slave seriously detracts from my charm. How long would I have to be, uh, 'claimed''?"

Mikhail turned to the cold woman who seemed ready to attack him. He made a face. "And what's with the aggression, oh Queen of the Death Glare? I barely got on the planet. I have never met you before. And, as far as I know, I have never done anything to you." Shorn frowned and pushed his lips together in mock disappointment. "At least let me earn your anger."

Bronwyn Tyr

(ooc: thankies @[member="TiCira D'Arr Hawk"] !!)

"We can hash out the details later, hon, but for now, I'm being kind enough to allow you to choose, not something many others ..." She paused to point at the Singing Mountain Clan elder who was burning holes through him with her eyes, "would let you do." Her fingertips ran along the paint on the hull of the ship. For some reason, the phrase 'Come with me if you want to live. ' kept creeping into her mind. "Time to choose, hope ce." She smirked. "Three ... Two ... " She began to count down.

And there she was, clearly not too far. Satara glanced glanced at TiCira and chuckled slightly at her remark about a woman sending a man as a delegate. Her next words were simple, supporting Bronwyn's claim. Satara nodded. "Since there is no objection, he is yours @[member="Bronwyn"]."

Of course, there was now a matter of the Sith suddenly asking questions about what was happening. "Settle down, Sith. This isn't voluntary. On our planet, no man can walk around unclaimed. You run the risk of being taken by any Witch or Nightsister and then you will never get a chance to leave." No males could be walking around unattended. It was a thing. The sooner Mikhail accepted it, the sooner things could move on.

@[member="Mikhail Shorn"] @[member="TiCira D'Arr Hawk"] @[member="Viho Hawk"]

Lord Ghoul

L
Shorn rolled his eyes. This was ridiculous. Still, he was beyond the witch in power. She would not be able to stop him if he wished to leave. "Well thanks for volunteering to tell me how unvoluntary this is."

Wind rustled through the long grass. Trees swayed at the edge of the clearing, their branches barely visible in the rosy light of dawn. The early morning birds chirped. Night on Dathomir was coming to an end. But Mikhail's time on the planet was just beginning. He glanced up into the sky at the fading moons. Forever distant to the tribes of Dathomir. Shorn turned back to his ship, where Bronwyn sat. What the hell had he gotten himself into. Damn you, Ashin.

"So... are we going to go back to the village, or am I supposed to stay on my ship?"

@[member="Mikhail Shorn"] @[member="Satara Hawk"] @[member="Bronwyn"]

At that, Ti'Cira felt a brief flutter of sympathy.

Brief.

A shrug came to her then, but at the question of where they would be headed, well... that was another story. "You will not step foot in our clan Sith." she said directly, but motioned towards Bronwyn. "She can do with you whatever she pleases. Perhaps the Nightsister OverClan mother might welcome you to the bosom of her coven."

Bronwyn Tyr

@[member="Mikhail Shorn"] @[member="TiCira D'Arr Hawk"] @[member="Satara Hawk"] @[member="Petra Cavataio"]

Bronwyn shrugged. "Depends on what day it it. She can be a bit finicky from time to time." She giggled, then jumped down from the ship to land in the midst of them. She stood gracefully, dusting her small frame off in the light of dawn. "So, I guess business here is concluded ? Unless anyone else here would like to challenge my claim ..." She gave a weary eye to TiCira where it lingered momentarily. She smiled, "Very good, come Mikhail Shorn, it's not good to keep three nightmother waiting. She already knows you're here." She turned to leave, but then stopped and turned, "Unless @[member="Elayne Hawk"] would like to join us ?" She looked to her friend sweetly, challenging her in front of her mother, hoping that her dark amulet and curiosity would convince her to join them.

She merely smiled at the man's remark to her. It was how things were here, no visitor could change their ways. None of them had managed it in the past so the Sith would be no different. Instead of addressing him, she turned first to her great granddaughter, silently accepting the words TiCira had spoken.

But wheat the young Nightsister spoke made the Clan Mother quickly turn her head at @[member="Bronwyn"]. "Elayne won't be joining you, Nightsister." A brisk, strict remark it was. And it did not leave for her daughter to respond instead. It would simply not be.

@[member="Elayne Hawk"] @[member="TiCira D'Arr Hawk"] @[member="Mikhail Shorn"]

Elayne smiled a bit until her mother clamped down " Sorry Browyn, not today perhaps we can go exploring again sometime soon!" She said with a smile, she loved both her Ina and Browyn, who was her project she was trying to get Browyn to purge and be forgiven. It was funny that she had ended up with the sith, he was cute she had to admit. She looked to her Ina, " Ina, I can speak for my self "

@Mikhail Shorn @TiCira D'Arr Hawk @Satara Hawk @Petra Cavataio @[member="Bronwyn"]

Lord Ghoul

L
It was clear that Mikhail had inadvertantly become embroiled in a Dathomiri rivalry of sorts. Something put this Nightsister Bronwyn at odds with the others. Didn't take a politician to see that, though Mikhail had been raised like one. Hatred blossomed at childhood memories, before it was quickly quelled. His expression flickered slightly, but those pale blue eyes betrayed nothing save a sinister mischievousness which seemed more akin to the predatory gaze of a laughing vornskr than a human stare.

He disregarded the inner strife of the Dathomiri. Didn't matter at the moment, and if he prodded the embers they might burst into flame. High enough to singe his eyebrows, possibly. Probably. He glanced over to the woman who regarded him with such icy contempt. "How exactly am I supposed to learn about clan life if I'm not even allowed to see it for myself? Just to make it clear, I am here to learn as much as possible about your traditions and then tell the Empress about them. This way the Empire will have a better understanding of how now to... step on any toes in our future dealings with you." An attempt Mikhail had already failed in. Can't win them all, he thought.

Satara merely narrowed her eyes at her daughter. They would discuss this later. Her head turned to the Sith at his question. "That is not an issue. Bronwyn can tell you plenty herself, as can other Nightsisters. Just remember not to wander off too far from the woman or you might be in danger of others not knowing of your claiming and attempt to claim you themselves." Freemen were a tricky subject here. Free in one clan didn't mean free on the entire planet.

There was one more thing. "Just one thing. Don't even think about stepping into our territory, Sith. The Singing Mountain does not allow darksiders in their land. However, if you run into an Allyan Witch in neutral lands and end up talking to her, that is between you and the Witch you are speaking to," Satara said and rose her eyebrow. He could read her advice as he wanted to but if he wished to learn about their culture, this was pretty much the only way it could be done.

@[member="Elayne Hawk"] @[member="Mikhail Shorn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom