Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Double Double, Toil and.... (Hello Witches!)

Lord Ghoul

L
OOC: @[member="Satara Hawk"] @[member="TiCira D'Arr Hawk"] @[member="Viho Hawk"]. ALL DE HAWKS. Basically, if your last name is Hawk and you're a dathomiri, join in.

Dathomir. A planet of dangerous forests, rancors, misandrists, and unpredictable spellcasters. Mikhail Shorn's favorite. The dark haired Sith scratched the back of his head and turned to look longingly back at his ship. The planet looked red from space. Not the most friendly color. Of course, the Sith seemed to be overly fond of red. All the more reason for Mikhail to be uncomfortable.

Mikhail squinted up at the sky. Four moons hung listless in the sky. Below them, reaching into the clouds like finger tips, were mountains. Mikhail would have traded the temperate weather and moons for Korriban's too-close sun and blistering dry heat right about now. Better than dealing with Witches. Better the devaronian you knew and all that. Ashin, or Empress Varanin as she went nowadays, put Mikhail, newly promoted Knight - not that he cared about titles, on a diplomatic mission. Ironic. Mikhail the emissary to the Dathomiri Witches. The one Sith who hated Sith sent to advance the Sith's interests. Also, possibly the least tactful among the Sith. Then again, Mikhail's sarcasm was less likely to start a fight than some mindless, saber waving egomaniac like Reyven or Daxton. At least Shorn didn't feel the urge to display power by attempting to subjugate indigenous populations.

The meeting spot was just outside one of the Dathomiri villages. Mikhail thought he could see the smoke rising above treetops. He sat in a glade, surrounded by forest. He could be surrounded. In fact, he probably was. Mikhail's hand strayed to the dragon-mouthed hilt at his side, but he avoided the touch. He had quickly learned that holding the blade made him... less diplomatic. At any rate, anyone who got within ten meters of Mikhail would be able to feel the uncomfortable effects of the blade he called Abomination. Also known in ancient Sith as derriphanivvele. Devourer of souls. Having Abomination with him made Mikhail much more comfortable should things turn to more... agressive negotiations. Not that Mikhail was here to negotiate.

The Witches were an unknown factor. Powerful in the Force, rumor had it, but the Empress liked having rumors confirmed. Mikhail preferred not to look into this sort of thing, especially where rancors were involved. He'd had... bad experiences with them in the past. Memories flashed through his mind. Insane frogpeople attackign with lightning. A breathless race across the sand, pursued by the ravenous monsters. Damn hypo-whatevers.

Mikhail was really on the planet to simply bring a greetings from the Empress, stay for a little while to observe the Witches, their power, and their customs, then leave. It was a sort of mutual intelligence gathering, as the Witches would be learning from him about Sith customs. He snorted. He was not the average Sith, nor a good representation of their customs. Wearing a leather jacket, black pants, grey shirt, and a pair of simple boots, Mikhail did not look the typical Sith in dark-evil-overlord-robes. He hated that cliche.

He would be spying, more or less. But the sort of spying where everyone knew exactly what was happening. In military terms, he was an attaché. Now, Mikhail just had to wait for the locals to show up.

Viho Hawk

V
"Maiara, I'm going out. Some sort of meeting. I'll be back later!"

He waltzed right out of his home, leaving his pretty little wife to do whatever she wanted. He did most of the work around the place, but that was life on Dathomir. Women wore the pants in the family, so to speak. Maiara tended to be more flexible, though, because she knew that he was a defender, and that in order to do what he did he actually had to leave the home every once in a while.

Strapped to his back was a wooden shield, and he wore a sword and axe on his belt. A couple of little ones ran past him, and he smiled at them when they stopped to look at him. Then he playfully charged them with his arms outstretched, making noises like he were a giant beast coming after them. They screamed and ran off, smiling as they did so.

Turning back to where he was going, he started to walk towards this supposed meeting site, hoping that he would bump into Satara or one of the others that were already heading there. He had no authority, so going there on his own was rather pointless. Plus he'd heard what was coming, and he was a bit apprehensive.

It was a wondeful day, Elayne did love exploring but she couldn't. Nope today she couldn't leave the village dispite the rancor beisde her tried to pull Elayne out to play. " no no, I can', I have work to do play with your sisters" She said as she smiled and pointed out towards the other playing young rancors. Well it was time to go she supposed as Elayne got up and brushed her self off, as she began to make her way. She loved her village it was so full of life.

Elayne was curious about this supposed meeting.. but alas being the Clan Mothers daughter meant she had to be there, she smiled as she saw Viho, It had been a while. Her parents had a different relationship than many considering how men were treated.. so Elayne was always more fiiendly with the men around the village than the elders thought she should be, so when she saw viho, she attempted to tackle him, which she was sure he would deflect.. He always knew where she was. " ah ha! " She yelled as she jumped towards him. She just hoped not to hurt either of them in the process.

While the rest of the clan stirred from their slumber, Ti'Cira had long since awoken to the early call of the morning, having traversed towards the arctic lakes for the scant hours of relaxation she could call her own.

Stars sprinkled the withering night, almost dancing across the dark velvet of the night, bathing the sheer snow capped mountains and jungle fauna surrounding the arctic lakes with their faint cerulean light, aiding the four moons of Dathomir that hung upon that black stretch of sky. Small arctic pools scattered throughout, reflecting the heavens, as if the stars were caught within the water. It was a perfect night to find peace in the stillness of the night. To become reconnected to the raw energies of the Force currents that continually flowed throughout every rock, tree, on the very ground itself.

Moving ever so slowly, Ti'Cira shivered with pleasure as she waded through one of the shallow ponds. The surface of the water rippled, undulating around her thighs, molding the ivory underrobe to her warm flesh. Starlight reflected off the water, dancing over her stomach and her chest. Dark auburn hair fell long over her back, touching her hips and caressing her shoulders.

How wonderful, Ti'Cira thought as she lowered her hands into the pond and cupped a handful of the water. Closing her eyes, she splashed her face with the refreshing liquid. A small sigh of pleasure escaped her lips, only to be caught by the tightness of the wet fabric along her slim frame. Water beaded along on her flesh like stars, glistening in silver trails as they carved a path over her bare shoulders and into her damp dress.

It may seem like a strange action to be standing thigh deep in a dark lake at such an early hour, but the witch felt more at peace when she conducted her meditative trances in the dark of the night or with the rising sun. Here there was true peace. Here her heart knew calm-- as if the very cascading stars over slumbering hills and cathedrals of forests were calling, yearning, pulling her close.

With a pleased sigh, the Dathomiri pondered staying longer. With a faint satisfied grin, she completely submerged herself.

The Clan had survived without her presence for years. It would still do the same for another hour.

Lord Ghoul

L
Mikhail crossed his arms. Leather creaked. He hated being held up. Patience is a virtue, and virtue is a sin. Why did he have that odd feeling that he was going to end up surrounded by Rancors or tied to a pole in the middle of the village square. The quiet wind brushed the top of the grass clearing, making it seem to dance. Shorn's eyes were fixed on the surrounding dark forest. Stars, how he hated being ambushed. Wouldn't they just show up already?

He was supposed to be meeting with Clan Elders and various officiaries. Unfortunately, it seemed they were either not coming, slow in coming, or planning to kill him. All were likelihoods that made the normally sardonically cheery Mikhail a rather sour-faced Sith Knight. He walked a few meters back and leaned against the landing strut of his transport. Bored beyond belief, he reached out in the Force.

Several small creatures skittered through the grass. Mikhail grabbed on in the Force and lifted it. The small critter hovered at eye level, writhing helplessly and screeching. Shorn smiled and began to bob the creature up and down, then whirl it around in nauseating loops. The creature finally fell, silent out of breath most likely. A wave of the hand brought the animal closer. It was small. Very small. Some sort of rodent. It was missing a foot, an eye, and an ear.

"What happened to you?" Mikhail asked softly.

A dark whisper touched his mind. Sending subtle urges. He suddenly wanted to kill this animal. He knew he could. But why? Wouldn't it be wasteful? He released the animal and watched it squirm through the grasses. Limping. Darkness flashed in his eyes and he picked the rodent up again. No. This rodent led a very sad, pathetic existence. Shorn would be doing it a favor. He twisted in the Force. Snap. Broken neck. Instant death. He flung the critter away from him. Much better to die instantly at his hand, then to be devoured alive by some other predator.

He would give the officiaries twenty more minutes. If they didn't arrive by then, he'd head toward the smoke he saw rising in the distance. He would be meeting with the Witches, one way or another. Mikhail crossed his arms again and waited. Stars how he hated waiting.

Bronwyn Tyr

@}-',--BeautifulDisaster--,'-{@
Bronwyn had been watching the dark stranger from a distance. "Where I come from, you only kill that which you intend to eat or that which is a threat ..." Bronwyn called out from the dark of the trees. The dark outline of her small frame was now visible thanks to the bright stars and moons. "Since you discarded it so quickly ... I'll just mark it off as option number two." She continued with a smirk as she slowly walked closer toward the visitor. An eerie mist began to quickly form around the witch and the sith until it enveloped then both. It soon faded away just as fast as it had come. Only the witch was gone.

"Who are you ? " Came a sudden response directly behind the sith. Something was screaming at her to leave this dark stranger alone, yet at the same time his bright eyes were pulling her in, telling her she could trust him. A dangerous combination.

Lord Ghoul

L
"Sex incarnate," Mikhail said.

He quested out and found the speaker in the Force. Her aura was lesser than his, but she was a Force sensitive. She would be the equivalent of a padawan. He didn't know what was the deal with the mist. That had been weird. Still, this woman was not an elder. Or if she was, Mikhail would have to bring back rather disappointing news to Ashin. He turned around.

"And maybe I'm saving that thing for later, you don't know." Pale eyes glinted in the moonlight as they lighted upon the woman. He smiled tightly and without teeth. "Please tell me you're a clan elder so I can get off this Forcesaken planet." Shorn was quite tired of waiting for the elders. If this woman wasn't one he had half a mind to start burning villages. Not that he was spiteful. Oh wait. He was.

Bronwyn Tyr

Bronwyn could snark with the best of them, so it was no big surprise what came from her lips next. "You talk a big game." She said with a smirk, "Big mouth, big ego ... sure you're not trying to compensate for something ? " She said with a playful smile. She walked past him, tracing a finger along the length of his boiled animal flesh top he was wearing. She had no intention of informing him that the animal he had killed gave the most rancid meat if consumed ... in case he tried to prove her wrong later.
"And Dathomir can't be all that bad ... " She said as she approached him from behind and whispered in his ear, "After all, I'm sure you didn't come all this way just for a silly meeting." Finishing her circle around him she ended with a sweet smile, " And no, I'm no Elder. At least not with this perfect skin ... "

Viho Hawk

V
Viho was moving along, only to hear pounding footsteps approaching him. He knew who they belonged to. She was always doing this. When she got close, he stopped moving and she flew through the air in front of him. To be honest, he didn't have time to play games with her, even though he knew she wanted to. Looking at where she'd landed, he walked over and crouched down beside her.

"You missed."

Reaching over, he flicked her ear lightly and then stood to start walking again.

"Got a meeting to go to, Elayne. Time for games is later."

He walked out of the village in the direction where a ship had landed recently. Of course, this meeting was known to be occurring, but he wasn't sure how it was known. Something had just been passed around and he'd overheard. Mostly he'd heard the word Sith. Considering his cousin was a Jedi, this meeting might be interesting.

She couldn't believe it... pfft.. well She had a meeting to go to as well.. his mate must be no fun.. or something she though. Elayne made it towards the sith, venturing forth to see her friend. She would of playfully attacked Bronwyn but the sith was here, and for some reason she was the first one here. She had ran ahead of Viho, She didn't want him to win so to speak.. for his slight against her. It was time to meet the sith... but what was Bronwyn doing. " Bronwyn! What are you doing here?" She curious, and "I assume your the sith, I am Elayne Hawk, Daughter of the Clan mother of the Singing Mountain Clan, I am sure she is on her way, but until then, Its a pleasure to meet you. " She said with a smile, curious as to what bronwyn was doing here but she was probably up to no good.

Lord Ghoul

L
Mikhail watched the woman with an unwavering, predatorial gaze. The brunette certainly seemed to be turning up the heat on him. The way she toyed with his jacket and whispered conspiratorially. Of course, Mikhail had seen and done it all before. She smelled foreign. But not in a bad way. It just was not the usual commercial perfume used by so many of the galaxy's females. Probably local fauna. He didn't know what she was trying to do exactly, but it sounded as if she was desperate to get an offworlder into her bed. Normally, Mikhail would happily oblige. At the moment, he had some business to take care of. Mikhail normally did not turn down such offers, but she was a strange woman, on a strange world, full of rancors and witches. For all he knew he could walk into her tent, or hut, or whatever and wake up the next morning tied to a stake and burnt alive as a human sacrifice.

"My mistake. You're a teenager with raging hormones. As much as I would love to seduce you, and I'm sure you're drooling at the thought, I did come all this way for a 'silly' meeting. Which-" he poked her in the chest, "your people failed to show up for. Except for you. Maybe they didn't get the memo, or maybe they ignored it on purpose. I don't care. But I'm getting this meeting, one way or another. So," he crossed his arms. "Take me to your leader," he deadpanned.

His gaze flicked as two new beings entered the clearing. Elders? He scanned their faces in the moonlight. No. Didn't seem like it. They were young. Ish. The Dathomiri trying to put him under her spell had indicated that Elders were older. The woman promptly announced herself. Mikhail smiled toothlessly at her. Daughter of the clan mother. An important person it seemed, but not an Elder.

"At least someone on this planet has common courtesy." He turned to the woman, Bronwyn, who'd been trying to seduce him. "See, that is called an introduction." Turning back to Elayne, he jerked a thumb at Bronwyn. "Your friend over there was trying to bewitch me," he said with feigned offense. "Nice to meet you Elayne. I'm Mikhail Shorn, Sith Emissary, Meatshield of the Empress, or champion - if you will - and general bad news. I'm here to say hi from the Empress and make sure there are no, uh, misunderstandings between our people."

Bronwyn Tyr

"What am I doing here?" She asked back to her friend who had impeccable timing. :) "Apparently ... nothing." She rolled her eyes at the Sith. She then noticed that Elayne had brought with her a man from her clan. Bronwyn was still not welcome into her own clan after her little adventures, and was still on the run. Upon hearing news that her mother was on her way, Bronwyn decided it was best time to try to put as much distance in between herself and the clan elder. She smirked at the stranger's comments about her intentions, which were of her own, "You know, just putting my claim on this one. But clearly his species is more interested in same gender relations." She gave him an innocent shrug as she turned from him toying with his jacket once more and then began to walk away. She turned back, walking backwards, "Come find me if you ever change your mind, handsome." She gave him a wink, and turned back to Elayne.

"I'm sure I'll be seeing you around ... " She pointed at Elayne and offered a friendly smile. "I'm sure we can find some more trouble to get into soon." She said as last as she turned and dissappeared into the darkness of the woods.

Viho Hawk

V
Viho wasn't far behind Elayne. And he wasn't far enough behind to not here the words that were said between the girl and the Sith. So, a man. Clearly the Sith Empire had no concept of what they were sending their emissary into. This didn't surprise him that much, though. People always seemed to assume that men were in control of things. Even in places that weren't matriarchal they were probably being secretly controlled by women.

The other girl was speaking and mentioning something about trouble while pointing towards him and he blinked. Scratching his side, he hefted his axe up onto his shoulder and decided to ignore what the other girl, who he didn't know, had said.

"You should wait for your mother, Elayne. You know that."

@[member='Mikhail Shorn'],
@[member="Viho Hawk"] @[member="Bronwyn"]

After having her fill of frolicking in the water, the Dathomiri made her way to the edge of the pond, the water slowly descending until her feet met dry ground.

Time to go back, she thought to herself when she suddenly stopped. A frown slowly furrowed her brow. Jerking her head up, she stared up at the sky, a wariness growing at the pit of her stomach; tiny, like the slight flutter of a Koro butterfly's wings. Just what was going on?

Never one to avoid when her senses would urge her caution, she made her way over towards her discarded gear. She quickly went reaching down to the ground to pick up her belt; her whip and shoto. She didn’t dare stop, as she moved with the swiftness of a Jeco, wrapping the belt low across her hips as she raced through the jungle.

Wet sand, pebbles, and long straws of water grass prickled her feet as she sprinted through the marshes and jungle, frantic on just what this meant. Her bare feet led her along a small winding path, fingertips brushing across tips of tall silver wetland grass along her path as she ran by. Her senses were on override, she could now feel others in the distance.

The witch leapt over knotted roots of mangrove like trees, air pumping in and out of her chest as her hair streamed in an auburn curtain behind her, the silver beads interwoven in her hair jingling with a soft delicate chime. Finally, she came to a small stop, sliding to a halt. Eyes of gold went narrowing for a moment. There were voices.

With wary steps and water still beading off her skin into the ground, Ti'Cira slowly, and quietly made her way over towards the trio. Instantly, she used the force to disguise herself somewhat. Her hair and eyes turned a dark brown, and the scar that decorated the right side of her face faded as if a distant memory. A small gentle push of a large leaf gave way towards a visual of a young woman and two men. One was a witch, the other a claimed male of Maiara... the last.

"Who are you?" she asked in basic, a light accent thickening her voice.

Lord Ghoul

L
Icy eyes turned to greet the newcomer. Mikhail looked up and down the brunette. She was dripping wet - no, not that kind. He raised an eyebrow. Droplets fell from her hair and her clothes were drenched. Attractive, sure, but there were a lot of "well molded" women in the galaxy. Nothing new. Except for the soaking wet part. He blinked, somewhat bored. The women didn't distract him. He distracted them. You don't try to seduce a seducer. At least the jailbait had left.

He had no idea why she was dripping wet, but given the lack of rain since his arrival he assumed she had been swimming. Somehow, he doubted the Dathomiri had sanisteams.

"I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours," Shorn's smiled wickedly. "But what the hell, I've already given two introductions, so why not. Went through plain literalism and personal description, so how about a simple combination." Mikhail shrugged. "I am Mikhail, Sith emissary, entirely charming, and devilishly handsome - but you already knew that." He winked. "So I guess that makes it your turn. Who is our lovely moonlit swimmer?"

The Singing Mountain Clan Mother would join the meeting when it was already full of people. Some outsiders would say it was never good to be early to a party which Satara didn't fully understand but she had been detained and unable to arrive earlier. Not that she understood this meeting. A Sith sending one of their own to meet with them. Why? She would find that out soon enough.

Satara walked through the field, glancing at her family and a young Nightsister before her eyes finally rested on the stranger, just as he was introducing himself to great granddaughter and winking at her. "Greetings, stranger. I am Satara Hawk, Clan Mother of the Singing Mountain Clan. I'd be careful with your choice of words around these parts, Mikhail. One could assume you're just begging to be claimed so you could remain."

@[member="Mikhail Shorn"] @[member="TiCira D'Arr Hawk"] @[member="Elayne Hawk"] @[member="Bronwyn"] @[member="Viho Hawk"]

@[member="Mikhail Shorn"] @[member="Satara Hawk"]

He really shouldn't have told her that.

"Sith." the word came dripping from her lips like a hiss. The change in her body would be noticeable; legs lightly spread, her body loosening up, as if to prepare for a fight. Her chin dipped a big, the wet strands of her hair brushing and trailing drops of water against her chin.

She had begun to lightly circle him, unlike Bronwyn, there was no blatant play at seduction nor any sexual overtones. Her golden eyes drew towards the darkness of the jungle behind him, searching, probing for any other fleeting dark signatures that perhaps lay hidden within the depths.

"Alone?" she asked in a husky voice. It was then that she felt her great grandmother's presence. Like a beacon within the mists, she radiated power unequaled. As she spoke, she stood still, but her hands were not too far from the coil of her lightwhip at her hip.

"Bronwyn was here first," she said, informing just who could potentially lay claim to the male. Not her problem.

Viho Hawk

V
Sith. That was a word that he knew, and it instantly put him on edge, just as it did his great niece. These were people that were the opposite to what TiCira and Satara had been trained to be outside of Dathomir. Chaos and evil. Like Nightsisters except worse. Immediately his hand itched on the axe, as if it was begging him to get into a fight right then and there. He'd never fought a Sith before. It would be a challenge.

"How big of a threat is he?"

His words were spoken in Paecian, in hopes the Sith would not know the language. The words were spoken to both his cousin and his great niece as he edged a bit closer, moving to stand beside where Elayne was, so he could protect her if need be. He knew TiCira and Satara could take care of themselves.

Lord Ghoul

L
Sith stereotyping seemed to follow him no matter where in the galaxy he went. Maybe he should leave the Order.... Who was he kidding? They would try to have him killed as soon as he left the Order. Overtly or through more subtle means.

The soaked woman was circling him and her expression was far from nice. Why did it always have to be a divide between overeager jailbait and imminently hostile women? Apparently, she had experience with Sith. Mikhail couldn't fault her for reaction. It was pretty logical. Hell, it would be the same reaction he would have. Probably.

The newest arrival, Satara, was a clan mother. Finally. Mikhail seemed to be getting somewhere, although he wasn't sure he liked where that somewhere was going. The only other male grunted something in an unknown language. Shorn's pale blue eyes flicked to him before returning to the clan mother. He ignored the woman circling him. Her initial mystique turned Mikhail's interest up, but her predictable reaction made her boring. Mikhail's eyes fixed on the clan mother.

"I am a Sith sent by the Empress of the Sith Empire. I don't know how many Sith you've known in the past, but they tend to be, uh, hostile. And they like to fight. A lot." Mikhail shrugged. "We're not like them. The Empress wants peaceful relations with Dathomir. I was sent here to get to know you and your people and to establish a kind of... mutual understanding between us." Mikhail smiled winsomely.

Her gaze traveled to Ti'Cira, following her as she circled the young man before hearing that the young Nightsister had been first. Satara merely looked at her and nodded in her direction. She had first right and it would be respected. Her cousin's question made here merely respond to him in a Paecean: "Not if he is alone and he seems to be, right now." One Sith could be easily dealt with if need be.

As the man finally spoke to her directly, he told her of being sent by the Empress of the Sith Empire. Slowly, the Witch arched a brow but remained silent of this new piece of information. Oddly enough, the man seemed to be speaking of his kind as if he wasn't even part of them. Hostility and the desire to fight. 'They' were not like them. The Empress wanted Peaceful relations with the planet? Her head titled a bit as she listened to him continue.

"Funny how you speak of your kind as if you do not belong to them," the Clan commented first before returning to the matter at hand. "This Empress of yours, who is she?" Satara was not all that aware of leader of the Sith, let alone that it was a female. At this point in time, she couldn't begin to even suspect just who this person was and how relevant she was to Satara personally. "Why does she send you to speak on her behalf? If she wishes peaceful relations and mutual understanding between us, wouldn't it be far better to paint this picture by coming to speak to us personally?"

@[member="Mikhail Shorn"] @[member="Viho Hawk"] @[member="Bronwyn"] @[member="TiCira D'Arr Hawk"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom