Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dose anyone thing the new Star Wars movie

Will be good and worth it to watch you think Disney will be the death of Star Wars?

I honestly think it could be good but I'm not a big Star Wars movie fan.I also think Disney has a very high chance of being the death of Star Wars.Im not happy Disney owns it now because I'm a Star Wars rpg fan and I do like to read the books.I don't know if Disney will have any affect on the books or not but I hope it dosent and they keep writing good Star Wars novels.

They'll still print the old ones. Pretty sure that was confirmed somewhere, and also that they'd take a hit to the franchise's profits if they stopped.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
considering how much they haven't been the death of Marvel I don't think they'll kill star wars. Hell lots of people thought rebels was going to be kid friendly and the heroes first episode blow a guy up. So no, they might make it have more marketability, more products, more tie ins with their other shows. All they really did is get the rights and throw money at it knowing they are going to make back plenty cause we all buy the movies, all buy the books, games hopefully will return and be just as fun, the costumes, the events. Disneyland has had the Hyperspace hoopla for years for dance off with the star wars stars.

Now personally I am neutral and want to see what will happen. The new movie is looking very nice and polished, the comics are great, the books are supposed to be good, the shows feel good and if I have the urge to read the old material. I can go to my shelf and read it.

Disney will pretty much inject a new love for Star Wars that, on the whole, was left rather uneventful with the prequels. As much as there is love for them, on the whole it didn't do what it should have. Now I think Disney could have a real winner with this new trilogy and spin-off films.

As said, look what they've done for Marvel. Disney aren't stupid, and one thing you can't deny is they know how to entertain the crowds. This isn't the death of Star Wars. At all.

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
Disney's got this. I, for one, am glad they got rid of most of the extended universe. It was convoluted and, frankly, kind of awful.

Now cry. Go on. Your tears are delicious.

There's already a thread dedicated to spergy kvetching about Disney, but I will say this. The prequels already kind of ruined Star Wars for me, so even if it gets worse, whatever. Disney has done a lot of things I like, and some things I don't like. All in all I'm not too concerned. I still like Star Wars, but mostly in a lighthearted fashion for nostalgic reasons rather than any serious emotional investment.

Fears about Disney ruining anything are ill founded. Disney essentially will operate in a fashion which provides money and clout. Everything that Lucas put in place before he left is still there. Kathleen Kennedy is still in charge of Lucasfilms which is actually incredibly important. Kathleen Kennedy left a perfectly good career to take over Lucasfilms, which at the time looked like a kind of odd gig for her. However, it is obvious from the hire that they were angling for more movies, and probably were already working on them before the sale to Disney.

The only risk of Disney is potentially the over saturation of Star Wars through extra films. I am hoping, that we see relatively few Anthology films.

As for the RPG side. If you are talking pen and paper, the FFG has already confirmed that they will be releasing TFA content in due time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom