Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark

MaJ_3_2_Ziost_Aper%C3%A7u-32.jpg

The Resurgent Empire Bastion
Ziost, Esstran Sector

--

The journey in Joon’s Raven craft was near silent. She droid pilot took them on the plotted course back from Midvinter, one Joon knew well, and so it was just the two females. Mysa, the Midvinter Princess pure of heart, and Joon, Dark Side Knight and corrupted by evil.

Joon had watched Mysa nearly the whole time of the flight. The girl had kept silent, looking either down to the floor or away to a console on the wall which charted their course and showed their destination. With sad eyes, Joon wanted her to talk, but she didn’t.

It had come to Mysa being forced off the snow world and to accompany Joon to the blackened ruins of Ziost and the lair of the Resurgent Empire, to where her humble quarters would suffice them both hopefully.

Crimson flags guided them in as the large building greeted them. The craft folded it’s small wings and settled on a large external landing pad. Black armoured troopers marched the perimeter, and it was rather quiet, due to the fact an invasion was being plotted and the time was nearly upon them to strike.

The loading ramp came down with a soft whine and clanked down on the pad as the air blew in. It wasn’t warm, but it wasn’t cold, and it suited Joon much better as she stood in her fur-lined robe and knelt beside Mysa.

”Let me show you my home, Mysa. Come.”

Standing, she held her hand out, ready to lead her little star out of the ship and show her the real Joon.

[member="Mysa Snowstrider"]

The journey seemed to last an eternity.

Mysa did not move from the spot she had chosen, just a few feet from the boarding ramp; it was a cold region of the ship, and though she shivered her way through the stars she did not once complain, she did not once shuffle closer to the warmth, she did not once speak at all. She simply sat there, eyes fixated on the ground. At times she would look to the walls, trying her best to figure out where they were headed. When that didn't work she looked down again.

Who knew how long they were traveling. Mysa didn't sleep though she was utterly exhausted, and she knew that at least a few days had passed. She hadn't eaten, hadn't had anything to drink. She just pulled upon the Force which had become harder to touch since entering this darksider vessel and allowed it to keep her alive and sane.

So it was that when she felt the ship rock as it touched down, the girl shied back. Just a touch, not too far, but the thought of reaching their destination and not knowing where it was terrified her. She didn't want to be here, she wanted to be back on Midvinter with her parents, with her little brother, with Gideon.

Instead she was...

[member='Joon'] appeared before her, crouching and speaking in an ever so tender tone. There was no harshness to it anymore, in fact she seemed extremely eager to reveal to Mysa where they were. She didn't want to move though, so she pressed further back away from the outstretched hand and set her head against her knees once more.

She wanted to go home.

When Mysa didn’t move, it only made Joon see what the Jedi had done to her. What her “family” had planted in her head, and the backwards world of snow. How it made he feel safe, and how it made her feel that was all she had.

Joon stood and wrapped a hand around Mysa’s wrist, and pulled her up, and dragged her out, down the ramp and onto the gravel surface of Ziost, with the lair of the Resurgent Empire surrounding them. No blue sky or virgin snow here – it was ashen ground, dark skies and turbolaser turrets, black and red flags and steel, stone and iron.

”You can’t show yourself to be afraid, Mysa, please don’t do this. We have so much to do together, and I have so much to show you.”

Placing a hand on Mysa’s back, with her other hand around her wrist, Joon both pulled and pushed the girl through the perimeter towards the mighty lair. Yet, as much as she was forcing her forward, Joon rubbed her back gently for comfort.

”This is the Resurgent Empire, Mysa. Not Sith. Not the enemies you fear.”

Nothing and nobody would come between Mysa and Joon, and no harm would come to her ray of light. She was Joons, and Joons alone.

Mysa didn't fight it.

She was pulled from the ground, from the one spot of safety she had found since leaving Midvinter, and out into the warm air of Ziost. Instead of snow, tiny stones crunched underfoot, while her fur cloak whipped in the wind. With her free hand she drew it around her body. Even with the warmth the young girl felt cold.

Her eyes settled on the ground. She did not care what the world looked like, what the building she was being led toward was. All she focused on was stepping forward and the voice of Joon. She was supposed to be a friend...

That hurt the most.

"I'm not afraid" she whispered, truthfully. It was not fear that she felt, she could not really express what she was feeling. Numb, mostly.

It felt strange, the forcefulness of Joon's hand was masked by the tenderness it displayed. Rubbing against her back, lulling her into a false sense of security. Mysa remained tense, straight backed, and only when the crunch of gravel turned to the dull thud of durasteel did she finally lift her gaze.

Another Empire.

Another group hellbent on uniting the Galaxy.

Another delusion.

[member="Joon"]

The two walked in silence into the compound, passing a few masked faces who stalked the halls, and also a few servants and technicians doing their duty. Joon ignored them all as she guided Mysa through and up a flight of stairs, going back on themselves until they reached a door.

Joon activated the panel beside it, and the doors peeled open to reveal her quarters overlooking the surroundings of the bastion and the planet.

907b46a3afa0febfe1d37434b3bae363.png

It was very peaceful and dimly lit – a bed, books and a lounge chair opposite a holo-unit. Joon didn’t need much. A stash of training weapons was what greeted arrivals; ones Joon had trained with for battle.

”This is my room. Where I live now. Until the next place that comes my way. Please.”

She stood back and held her hand out for Mysa to have a look around, and see the view. Joon watched the fair-haired girl.

”Mysa, all I want to do is spend time with you and be your everything. I have great love for you, and want you to understand that.”

Through the straight-halled building they wandered, Joon's steps precise and Mysa's uncertain. The Umbaran did not look upon any who they passed, she felt decidedly out of place, as though she stuck out like a sore thumb, and did not want to draw attention to her presence here. It wasn't as though any would help her... If anything they'd only make her more miserable.

Up a flight of stairs, backward on themselves to head toward the front of the building, the young girl monitored each step they took and set them to memory. Éar guide my steps... She needed the Gods now more than ever, but could they hear her all the way out here? So far from their snowy domain? Thrand watch over me... Grandpa I miss you. The Sun God rose and fell each day, yet she could not wholly feel him there. The knowledge that she had missed her chance at a farewell still hurt to this day, and just the thought of it had tears pricking at the corner of her eyes. How she missed him.

Lifting one hand she wiped the tears before they fell, and found that they had halted. A moment later the door before them opened, and Joon spoke once more. At the gesture she took one step inside the door and remained there, just within the threshold. Her eyes scanned the place, looking over everything there was to see, though she said nothing.

Joon spoke of love, but forcing someone into a corner was not love. It was desperation.

[member="Joon"]

Joon shrugged off her fur-lined robed and draped it over a small stool as she walked into the room, flexing her arms and unpinning her hair to let it fall over her shoulders. Glancing out of the window, she saw the ship on the landing pad below being re-fuelled and some training taking place with new disciples.

She smiled, and then turned to Mysa who was just standing there, and she sighed.

”Mysa. I urge you to wake up from whatever dream you’re in and come back to reality. It will not pay for you to be wishing you were back at home.”

She began a slow walk back to her.

”Why are you afraid? Why do you think I will hurt you? Can’t you see this is you’re your own good? I’m going to help you see so much more than you could on Midvinter. So much.”

With a wave of her hand across, the door closed behind the pair.

”Tell me what I can do. Anything.”

Joon walked on, and Mysa could not help but wonder the probability of her survival if she took the moment to flee. This was a Sith controlled world, was it not? This Empire she spoke of... They wouldn't take too kindly to someone stealing off with a ship, and if Joon raised some sort of alarm Mysa doubted she could even reach the docking bays in time.

Perhaps it was best to bide her time, for now. She did not want to hurt Joon, but the woman seemed so dead set on changing Mysa's chosen path... And that wasn't fair. It wasn't right. She was supposed to be her friend, not her captor.

"I'm not afraid" she said once again, the only real statement she had spoken since leaving Midvinter. It wasn't so much the truth anymore, though, she was afraid of Joon, and of this Empire she had gotten herself tied up with. Of the darkness she saw circulating throughout the woman. In her eyes, her skin, her spirit.

"I... Don't need... Anything."

She took a slight step back, but feigned it as taking interest in the room, lowering her gaze to look upon the furniture that could be seen. Unable to look upon her friend.

"I'm tired. M-May I rest?"

[member="Joon"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom