Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion of Mechis III

5b6e99329baf25336cdbf15cce35712b.png
DOMINION OF MECHIS III

With the Rutan Dom done, time to plug in the rest of our GA holes.... err... well you know what I mean :p

Introducing, Mechis! Well more Mechis III. Mechis is the name of the sun of said system.

Mechis III
Mechis System

cJ4PMx0.png

A massive ship has mysteriously entered the Galactic Alliance space near Bestine. No crew, no record of its markings or make. Salvage and Research crews have gone out to investigate and vanish. Galactic Alliance scouting patrols have recovered the frigate and have discovered that Mechis III is the source of a growing insurgency.

Y1VqAT4.gif

A faction of renegade droids calling themselves 'Directive 9' has rebelled against their creators at Mechis III, and have begun a campaign of extermination against all biological life in the galaxy. The rebellion seems to be spreading, with several Galactic Alliance vessels and a fleet of local Omega Pyre ships already decimated by the IG-88 assassin droids. But not everyone in Directive 9 agrees.

An anonymous traitor has leaked information on Directive 9 to the Galactic Alliance. This information outlines their ultimate objective: to transmit a powerful signal across the sector, turning every droid in known space to their cause.

Now the Galactic Alliance must assemble teams to head to Directive 9's headquarters on the world of Mechis III, where they must bring down the organization and prevent the signal from being transmitted.

Mechis III is a rocky, smoky and volcanic planet which had once served as one of the prime droid manufacturers in the galaxy. Covered in automated droid building facilities, it had once provided the galaxy with all manner of droids for generations. Many of the galaxy's largest droid designers in generations past had subcontracted the construction work to the plants on Mechis III, where the automated systems were highly efficient.

It is now a world completely taken over by droids and at the root is the "Mentor", a remnant droid of the Clockwork Rebellion who seeks to destroy organics everywhere.

OBJECTIVES
  • PVE Navy: Secure Mechis sector and combat the automated Directive 9 sector fleet currently blockading the planet.
  • PVE Ground:
    Infiltrate the Directive 9 Facility on Mechis III. There is currently a planetary shield and a few of the GADF, NJO, & SIS squads have landed on the ground. The goal is to shut down the planetary shield so as to allow more GA forces to deploy to the ground side.
  • Neutralize the IG-88 assassin droids and their droid counterparts to prevent the deployment of the signal.
  • Set up a Forward Operating Base where support characters may tend to wounded, deploy reinforcements, or set up a perimeter.

[*]BYOO: Bring your own objective

Six-O

The Pan-Galactic Scumbag
Six-O will definitely be in on this. I'll toss out some thoughts for brainstorming with anyone interested when I'm a little more awake and have caught up on the Rebellion at Kaeshana :)

This will be a slow January Dominion.

[member="Six-O"]

Any ideas?

Or should we say that the entire world has been over taken by a Directive 7 type entity?

A faction of renegade droids calling themselves 'Directive 9' has rebelled against their creators, and has begun a campaign of extermination against all biological life in the galaxy. The rebellion seems to be spreading, with several Galactic Alliance colonies and a fleet of local Omega Pyre ships having already been decimated by the droids. But not everyone in Directive 9 agrees.

An anonymous traitor has leaked information on Directive 9 to the Galactic Alliance. This information outlines their ultimate objective: to transmit a powerful signal across the galaxy, turning every droid in known space to their cause.

Now the Galactic Alliance must assemble teams to head to Directive 9's headquarters on the world of Mechis III, where they must bring down the organization and prevent the signal from being transmitted.

Six-O

The Pan-Galactic Scumbag
I like this idea.

We could even add more mystery to it.

A massive ship has mysteriously entered the Galactic Alliance cloud. No crew, no record of it's markings or make. Salvage and Research crews go out to investigate and vanish. GA recovers that vessel and whether by some sort of data log or whatcha'ma'hav'it they discover Mechis III is the source and enter the evil machines, or something lol. I'd have to really put my head in on it, following the Rebellion has been eating up a lot of my brain wattage lol.

I'm way game for this Dominion though lol.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
I've engaged 90 capital ships, (an Imperial Force Superior,) to running operations around Mechis 3
  • 40 ships, including the large Star Defenders, will be playing bait in high orbit of M3
  • the rest will be running hot-recon of the planet. In and out of atmo. Looking for targets to bomb and signal towers to pew pew.

This is enough ships to really give us a wide playground to explore the conflict. It is also enough ships so that Player and NPC reinforcements can reach the ground teams at good speed.

that said,

[member="Choli Vyn"] - What kind of NPC opposition are we expecting? I've never played TOR, so I'm assuming they'll just be throwing droids of all shapes and colors at us in UGE numbers. Maybe?

Kat Rivers said:
Choli Vyn - What kind of NPC opposition are we expecting? I've never played TOR, so I'm assuming they'll just be throwing droids of all shapes and colors at us in UGE numbers. Maybe?
All sorts of droids. If you can imagine it, you can bet we can see them!

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Getting a bad connection this weekend. No posts from me for awhile. :(

I've also dumbed-down the number of npc drone fighters in my last posts from 600 to just 'unnumbered'. Should be easier to manage now in a story sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom