Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doing It For Themselves

115040.png

The Tyrant
The Korriban Hex; Outer Rim

--

To those bred for war, one battle won was just a memory. The next call would soon come and that would be the here and now. The Korriban Hex would be there for the Resurgent Empire, and Joon had played her part.

Now, she stood on the deck of a viewing platform looking out into the Hex itself. Korriban was in the distance, and to the left, it looked like Malachor V. Her amber eyes were solemn in this moment of peace as the mighty Destroyer felt alive around her. Bodies passed behind, but she paid them no attention. She simply…watched and wondered how the Empire of old operated.

What did those serving do after missions? Did they train? Go right back into battle? Report? She would contact Lord Vrak for sure, but he was indisposed. Now, she just stood on her own and replayed events from Elos in her head.

A tiny curl of a smile formed on her lips.

Pulling the fur-lined robe, streaked with blood at the bottom, she sighed gently and watched the foundations of the Empire before her. Her new Empire.

[member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]

Clad in Demon's Veil, the Twi'lek assassin moved swiftly and gracefully, quietly too, down the hallway. A pair of large reinforced durasteel doors just ahead separated as she approached, the swift arch of her hand signaling the Force required to part them. A simple feat of telekinetics really, one that she had a natural gift for ever since childhood.

Along the continuation of the massive corridor a series of transparisteel windows looked out into the vast expanse of space that provided a small glimpse of the planets in the distance. A long figure stood peering out into the darkness beyond.

A middle aged looking human woman clad in a fur robe that appeared as though it needed a wash.

The Twi'lek paused a few feet away, head cocked halfway to the side as she observed the woman standing in an apparently pleased silence, gazing out.

"See something?" She asked, voice partially hushed from the mask, with emerald eyes piercing the woman's very soul.

[member="Joon"]

In a world of her own, feeling safe and secure, the voice behind Joon caught her by surprise. She jumped a little and turned around, annoyed at herself for letting someone creep up on her. Facing a pair of wonderfully powerful emerald eyes within pink skin, nothing else was visible behind concealing fabrics.

Only when she calmed herself and looked up and down at the woman did she note the pink skin of her legs, the arm and fingers, and the lekku. A Twi’lek. She was taken aback a little by the mystery and power this stranger seemed to held.

”I do now,” she said, a smile flashing on her face before it vanished, composing herself.

She looked her up and down again, but nothing else was offered.

”Who are you? Can I help?”

Unaware of what position this Twi’lek was in with the Empire, Joon had to play it careful.

The slightest hint of a smirk graced the woman's face seeing Joon jump. Fright always amused the Twi'lek, even if it were more reactionary than anything. Humans especially were susceptible to such knee-jerk reactions, a fabric of their DNA perhaps. The amusement quickly faded away though, returning her expression to a stoic, apathetic look.

Offering her name was something she no longer up and did for the sake of conversation. Vrak had learned her name over time, though save for him, nobody else aboard the Tyrant, or even in service of the Sith knew her name. It was part of why she continued to obscure her person in armor, to prevent unnecessary identification by those she may have crossed paths with in the past.

The pink skin after all, was a bit difficult to hide, and was remarkably memorable.

Opting for her old moniker while in service to the syndicate responsible for collecting the data on her former life she finally offered up some meaningless name to Joon, that same, smug smirk returning. "Phantom." Simply a description of her duties as an assassin, really.

"And can you help? I don't know. What exactly is your talent, human?"

[member="Joon"]

The Twi’lek gave little, and Joon didn’t like it. So she gave little too.

”Obviously not your real name.”

Joon turned back to the window.

”And I’m not human, twi'lek”

She moved her head a little to the right, towards her shoulder.

”And my skills are just as good as yours which is why I am here serving the Empire. I am a Force Warrior, but always learning.”

With a small sigh, she returned back to looking out into the void of space.

”Always learning.”

There was so much more to learn.

There was a moment of silence that hung in the air before Sera let out a snicker.

"You've got the face, the ears, the eyes of a human. You've the frame of a human, pigmentation, and the hair of one. Even the smell and indignation."

A slow shake of her head followed, half walking past the woman. "What are you then, if not human?" Pink legs continued to carry the Twi'lek forward, towards the opposing blast doors that separated the hangar bay from them. A single arm raised, hand flailing outwards in disregard and condescension. "If your skills are idly observing the blackness of space, I've no use for you. Many serve, many have no talents."

That was why she was the chosen assassin of Lord Nashar.

And that was why she worked alone. Incompetence was abundant everywhere, including the empire beneath her feet.

[member="Joon"]

Joon’s lip curled in and she bit down hard to stop her lashing out. She closed her eyes for a second and breathed hard before opening slowly and licking the blood away discreetly.

”I am a clone of the Imperial Remnant. Born of Sith and Jedi genetics and way beyond either of those ancient religions.”

She turned to look at the hooded Twi’lek who seemed to be walking away.

”Human I may look, but believe me I do not act or think like them. Your skills – whatever they are apart from being deceitful – are equally as important as yours. Were they not, I wouldn’t be here under the command of Lord Nashar himself.”

This woman was no better than Joon, and to hell with space. She wasn’t going to let this drop, so she walked towards her with confident steps, her robe trailing slightly.

”Hiding a broken past? Is that with the alias? Ashamed to acknowledge your real name? Hm?”

The Twi'lek spun about on her heels as Joon trailed behind her, teeth bared in a flash of anger. The darkness surrounding the woman flared, eyes shifting from a deep emerald to a fiery amber for the briefest moment before subsiding back into the nether. "A clone of a human, is still a human." She said in retort. But that was hardly where the anger stemmed from in her response.

Joon would feel a slight constriction of her airway as the obscured form of the pink woman forced a grip around her throat, pulling her up off the ground with nothing more than the thought.

"I am in every way your lord's equal." She asserted, stepping closer to Joon. "My past is irrelevant, and you will learn your place, lest I put you in it."

Sera released Joon and continued walking towards the doors a few paces away, hand raising and falling with the opening of the passage.

[member="Joon"]

The thought of her being classed as human was annoying, but not as much as the grip on her throat. Another show of force in aggression, one she had received many times from Ayra.

Joon didn't fight, her hands calm by her side, eyes fixed on the Twi'lek. She didn't try to speak.

When she was dropped, she swallowed hard and gasped in a breath, but reached out with her hands and pulled them hard together, countering the doors that had opened to now slam shut.

”You are not equal. At all.”

She said, voice a little broken.

”I can smell it on you, you know.”

Her lips broke into a wide grin as her head raised slightly.

”Jedi Knight.”

Sera's brows furrowed in flagrant anger as the doors slid shut and the voice of the arrogant human woman continued to speak of things she knew nothing about.

A slow turn of the head and she faced the clone, as Joon preferred to be called. Though what distinction it made between being a human Sera didn't quite understand. She was born from the DNA of a human, therefore, she was human. Whatever fancy delusion this girl had of being anything other than human was irrelevant to the Twi'lek.

"You know nothing of what you speak.."

Two steps closer to Joon and Sera was nearly close enough to feel the woman's breath with each exhale. "Call me that again and I will see that you're vented out of the airlock, servant."

A pink hand reached back behind her, once more opening the doors that Joon so frustratingly closed on her. "Why don't you ask your lord about the times I nearly killed him. I'm sure that's a story he'll indulge you with."

Wicked smile crossed her lips as she slowly began to head for the doors once more, though as her head turned away from Joon it turned to a bitter snarl.

[member="Joon"]

She had the reaction, which meant there was more to discover. Fascinating.

The Twi’lek was walking away again.

Joon pulled her hands together and closed the door with a mighty slam before she got out.

”I am no servant. I am a warrior born of the Force to serve the Dark Side and the might of the Empire. More loyal than anyone you’ve had the displeasure to cross.”

The girl held her head high and walked forward a couple of steps towards the robed figure, noting again her pink skin on show. Again, fascinating.

”You could use someone like me in times like this. You know you can’t trust almost anyone. But you can trust me.”

Her head cocked a little, looking for another glimmer of reaction. This woman fascinated her and she was powerful and cold. That was an immediate attraction to learn more and take what she could.

”Your past isn’t important to me. It’s the future I want.”

The very second the emerald eyes of the Twi'lek caught the doors closing she spun around one final time, a wicked sneer on her face, obscured by the veil of her mask, yet the furrowing of her brows would give no subtlety to her aggravation. Her hand snapped up the hilt of her lightsaber and activated it in a single motion, flicking the end of the blade towards the chest of the clone just now in front of her. The snapping and hissing of heated plasma nipped at the air, begging for a target.

"Why would I trust a clone bred in some bacta tank by faceless men? Unless Vrak himself bore witness to your creation then I will not simply trust you, servant."

The fire in her eyes subsided enough for her to release the pressure switch on the weapon. Though her stance was still notably aggressive. "What do you want?" That question had yet to actually be answered. Thus far, all the woman had done was disturb her ability to pass through the expansive corridor of The Tyrant.

"A place by his side? Some title within the empire? To become some revered Lord of the Sith?"

[member="Joon"]

As the lightsaber spat to life with inches from running her through, Joon froze and held her ground, swallowing her venom at the put-down of her origins and fallen sisters.

Thankfully, the Twi'lek seemed to simmer quicker than expected, and killed the blade which allowed Joon to breathe more easier in relief.

”The faceless man who bred me were heroes of the Imperial Remnant. Clever, calculating men with a clear goal to destroy the Jedi Knights and allow the Empire to rise again.”

She pointed to her chest.

”This is where I come in. I am born to destroy the Light. To destroy Jedi. To help the Dark Side rise and rise again.”

Joon pointed at her.

”You were Jedi, once. Now you're not. I can help you in your quest to destroy the Light you strive to run from. And I am NOT anyone's servant.”

She lowered her finger, and inhaled softly, putting as much confidence in her words as possible.

A deep exhale pushed through the Twi'lek's nose. It seemed this clone wouldn't be deterred, no matter the degrading Sera could push forth. Somehow Joon believed herself capable of being useful to the empire. If that meant she wound up as fodder and survived a few scrapes, then so be it.

The assassin held little faith in her words, and even less about her destiny to destroy the Jedi, but if her ambitions proved even in a modest way useful, then so be it. At least then Vrak wouldn't have to ask why there was a dead body on board his ship.

"Very well, clone. Then follow if you must. Fall behind and I will leave you behind."

Seraphina was anything but a baby sitter. She wouldn't hesitate to leave Joon stranded behind somewhere if there was ample need, or inconvenience.

[member="Joon"]

That was all she needed to hear. The Twi'lek gave the word, and Joon would now follow and listen and learn and prove herself.

”You won't need to worry about me, Twi'lek. You'll only leave me behind if I'm dead.”

She moved forward to join the pace of the robed assassin as the doors parted, this time without resistance, and they moved through the ship.

”Are you here to serve the Empire or are you something of a vigilante for hire? What's your story.”

A modest sized transport shuttle awaited the two in the hangar as they reached the massive bay. Busy as it were the Twi'lek wandered through, ignoring for the most part all others within, crossing between rows of fighters and cargo loaders. Joon's assurance that she would not be problematic went unanswered, if she turned out to be wrong with her assumption, her fate was already described to her.

"I serve nobody but myself." Sera said frankly. "I am here because I see benefit for myself. Should that change, it changes. I've no allegiances to government or cause." Emerald eyes cast towards Joon as the assassin pointed towards her ship that they would be boarding. "Vrak supplies what I need, so long as he continues to, I will remain. It's that simple."

[member="Joon"]

A long time ago, Joon would have been in awe of the hangar and the ships and transports and freighters. Now, it was a frequent sight and she was used to it, understanding their importance in the grand scheme of things and which ones were fastest, loudest, most powerful.

Her attention was on the Twi’lek at all times.

It sounded like this one was a vigilante almost – a gun for hire who would work for others should their needs be met also.

”So what is your cause, Twi’lek? What are you here to do in the long run? Don’t tell me you don’t have a plan. Everyone has a plan.”

She glanced around at the transports.

”Where are we going then.”

If there was anything she could do to protect the Empire and in turn Lord Vrak, it would be to suss out this pink-skinned alien being and gauge if she was going to be a threat to their expansion or a helpful ally in their dominance.

"My cause? I'm not some righteous believer in bringing peace and order to the galaxy. I'm not blinded by delusions that there will ever be harmony and balance. I know the Sith will never stamp out the Jedi, nor will the Jedi eradicate the Sith." She clearly had strong opinions. "I want nothing more than to put my abilities to use, and to live my life as I see fit."

Perhaps that was a bit vague, but Seraphina held no confidence in governments, their ability to protect those they govern, nor those who stood to protect those governments. If the history of the galaxy had proved anything to the Twi'lek, it's that nothing ever truly changes.

"As for my plan? Right now I plan to board this shuttle, reach landfall on Korriban, and flush out a small contingency of cultists calling themselves the Wraiths of Korriban."

The words she needn't speak included 'and kill them' but she had chosen to omit that part for the sake of brevity.

[member="Joon"]

The Twi'lek had let her come this far. No point backing away now like a coward.

”I know the planet well,” Joon said, ”and I think our paths are aligned in similar ways. So, I will accompany you.”

She turned and looked at her.

”Jedi and Sith genes run through my blood, but I am not a Jedi, nor a Sith. I am a weapon to be used and I will do what I was born to do until the day I die. I'm not as blind as you may think, Twi'lek.”

With a smile and lowering of the head, she stepped up the metal rungs of the small shuttle that the Twi'kek planned to get on.

"As you say, clone."

The Twi'lek waived her hand in lazy recognition of the woman's words, closing the ramp as both boarded. Quickly Sera climbed the small ladder to the cockpit, a rather simple design with a secondary seat that Joon could take up if she so desired, otherwise there was plenty of space elsewhere. Her fingers went to work setting the preflight configuration and activating the systems.

Before long the rumble of the engines would fire.

"We're landing by an outcropping of pillars. They'd like to think they made themselves look inconspicuous, but they're actually stone towers with an entrance beneath the cove. Inside is where they've been setting up."

[member="Joon"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom