Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Doctors Without Orders

photo-1507977840175-a9ab292be020

Doctors without borders. They weren’t afraid to serve those in need wherever they may be. Dr. Jayrenel Metrum may not (yet) be a full-fledged member of NSLR (New Star League Remnants) but she did support them to the extent of a consultant, and more. She provided advice, got her hands dirty, scalpels and knives, helped heal the sick and preached to victims ‘Don’t worry!’. At best, keeping busy helped her as much as it helped them.

Doctors without orders. A bit of a loner, but not alone, and never lonely. She shared the elevator with two others. Like her, neither of the other two had borders—they weren’t restrained when it came to aid—and today they didn’t have orders per se. All three were visiting this world, not on a vacation, but on exploration, with an invitation to a political official’s dinner high in the sky.

Begamor was a planet in the Outer Rim. Green Dawn was its capital city. It was wealthy, though you generally had to be rich to live within it, or at its heart at least. Still, a high-ranking member had offered these three visitors to talk shop when it came to developing medicine without restrictions.

Vaccine? There were unsettling rumors of disease growing in the streets, alongside some civil unrest which could inevitably lead to injuries and death. That was speculation at best. The meat and potatoes of this dinner remained to be seen as did the host's intentions, though at least his party was neutral and so were the NSLR.

“I mean, I am kinda hungry,”
Dr. Metrum broke the quiet of the skyscraper’s elevator. It wasn’t silent. There was music. “Had a light breakfast.” She patted her stomach, hand on garment; a personal uniform of white top, pale purple pants and darker purple boots to boot. “A bowl of Heroes, to be specific.” The cereal was sweet but not terribly filling. “Shoulda maybe…not put so much sugar on ‘em… I mean…between the honey nut and the cinnamon..?"

An advert broke over the stereo’s music just then as Jayrenel listened.
“Now introducing the brand new cologne from the popular rapper OB1!
‘Respect that fresh man’s scent, gents.’ Pour your KenOB1 fragrance in!
Buy now at a discount! ‘Help me OB1’s KenOB1, you’re my only cologne!”

“...”

Jay wasn't a fan of rap. She just hoped for no more interruptions.
The elevator just then shifted to a sudden stop. A malfunction?
"What the kriff!?" Jay and co. would catch balance in a second.
This was a sophisticated city. Surely the lift would work in a jiff?

Arla Rodarch Arla Rodarch Junko Ike Junko Ike

Arla Rodarch Arla Rodarch Jayrenel Metrum Jayrenel Metrum

The call had come out, mostly to help and Junko had her ship at the ready. THey could move quickly enough from the Commonwealth towards the star league... which was beneficial and they had what was needed to work on medical problems.... dropping a medical facility in a city might not be the best or doable but they would be able to navigate that when the time came. For now she could get the biot boxes and equipment producing some of their medical biots. THey could have field kits with their mobile medical labs at the ready and bacta tanks or some of the synthetic bacta that they could use. She was sitting in her seat on the bridge overlooking the displays. "Move us into position, we'll start sending shuttles down with supplies."

Marshal, Journeyman Protector
Arla Susni hadn't visited Begamor or its capital before, and she had enjoyed the visit. It seemed a civilized place, though one in need of some helping hands. She smiled at the Doctor's banter and offered some of her own, as the elevator they were traveling in unexpectedly came to a halt. Arla and her bodyguard were not alarmed, though the medical expert she'd brought along, Doctor Kai, was visibly frightened. She ignored his fear, these sort of malfunctions happened all the time.

Perhaps the elevator skipped breakfast?

She offered a humourous aside to break the tension. Junko would be supervising the deployment of supplies, and would be able to get them out of any danger, should it present itself. Arla wasn't worried, and neither was Aria Talen beside her. She'd worry when the moon guard did. For the moment, she waited patiently to see if the elevator would oblige by delivering them to their destination. She could always call for aid from her Atrisian friend.

Jayrenel Metrum Jayrenel Metrum Junko Ike Junko Ike

Skipping breakfast sucked. It was much worse than settling for a bowl of Heroes cereal. Jayrenel knew all too well. For an elevator to skip breakfast? That sucks worse than a Sith’s armpit with no deodorant. Or cologne. She scowled at how that rapper’s advert had unfortunately been burned into her memory forever.

“Well, the music system still works, at least.” Typical elevator music takin’ its turn. Jay offered to the other two, her partners, fellow doctors, but she reckoned none of them were elevator technicians. “Maybe if I hit it with my fist?” She sincerely gestured for feedback but went ahead with it.

-SMACK!-

Slamming a hand on the panel did nothing to make the lift budge. “Oh come on!” She would strangle this thing if it had a neck to grab and squeeze. “If I have to spend the next sixty minutes in this box thinking of cucumber sandwiches then I’m gonna murder—”

-DING!-

The elevator blinked, moving up. “Awesome sauce.” Jay straightened her garments and faced the doors as the lift took them to their designated floor. “I’ll be sure to run this issue to this politician.” She told no one in particular.

-DING!-

High in the sky, the skyscraper’s elevator arrived on one of the top floors. “Finally.” Jay sighed. “Time to eat.”

The lift had stopped moving but the doors didn’t open for these three.

“...”

Hopefully, at least, Junko Ike might decide she had time to join her friends for this feast unless she was busy setting up supplies. That would be fine either way but Jay would appreciate her suffering the same elevator fate.

“Someone.” Jay waved to the elevator camera, if there was one and someone to tell. "HEEEEELP—"

Arla Rodarch Arla Rodarch Junko Ike Junko Ike

SHe could see the others and Junko moved through the ship from the bridge. The doors opening silently as her handmaidens were around... well most of them some were still on Atrisia. She was going towards a shuttle. She could head down and some information came o her from her makie droid as it hovered over her shoulder. "Alright." She said it and getting into the runabout shuttle she looked at some of the medical officers in the ship with her as their white coats and uniforms gleamed. THe shuttle left and started going down as she looked at the city. There was a central meeting location and she spoke while the pilots were getting them the clearances that were needed going down. "Lady Arla Rodarch Arla Rodarch this is Junko, we are heading down towards the city to join you."

Marshal, Journeyman Protector
The relief that Arla felt but didn't show as the elevator mercifully resumed its progress was short lived as it arrived at its destination, but the doors failed to open as expected. Unfortunate, but hardly a situation in which to panic. She began to suspect her companion had ingested an overabundance of caffeine, but didn't comment. She could almost hear her bodyguard commenting on it, as their eyes met briefly.

Fortunately, the comm beep broke the moment as Junko called to check in.

We're fine, we're all fine here now, thankyou. Arla said, looking at the Doctor, hoping the yells for help didn't carry over the comlink.
We're in the city of Green Dawn, inside a building, about to arrive on our floor.

The doors continued to remain resolutely closed as she muted the comlink. Arla could have ordered her bodyguard to make the doors open, but she waited. This wasn't her planet or her place. They were quite safe here, if temporarily confined. Help couldn't be too far away, or at the very least a maintenance tech to get the damned doors to do their damned job.

Patience, friend Jayrenel Metrum Jayrenel Metrum . We'll be out of here before you know it.

She smiled kindly at the doctor, hoping to present reassurance and calm.

Junko Ike Junko Ike

Well, what the hell was one to do when it came to a late breakfast of Heroes? Drink coffee, obviously. Jayrenel Metrum sure as cereal crumbs had her fair share of caffeine that morning and then some. Was there a camera above her in this elevator actually acknowledging her waving? Hidden, maybe? She didn’t ponder as time moved ever onward.

The doctor’s companion hoped to present reassurance with her words, and calm as if with an open palm. It worked. “Sorry,” Jay breathed, in and out. “I just kinda hate tight spaces.” She sighed. “‘Specially when it comes to elevator music and bad rapper adverts.” She cleared her throat as if dismissing that radio commercial that had struck and stung like a crossbow bolt.

“I’m also kinda famished,” she smiled back. “Did I mention that?” She was sure she had. Just then, the lift’s doors opened. Thank the mother kriffin’ galactic quackin’ ducks! “OPEN SESAME, BABY!”

A well-dressed Ishi Tib stood at the ready, looking between each guest of the elevator. “Madam. Madam. Sir.” His eyestalks burned as Dr. Jay blinked in turn. “Sorry for the malfunction.” He offered to them. “We are in the midst of renovating a new security system within this building, if you’ll forgive.”

Jay glared as if to say ‘beware for my eyes might burn into you like a solar flare’ or some such poetic nonsense and whatsuch. “It happens.” She shrugged in place of a punch. “That the corridor toward dinner?”

“Indeed,” Ishi blinked. “Follow me, if you'll please.” The would-be butler led the three down the hallway and past the gate and into the place made for greeting and eating and drinking.

It was a grand suite enchanted with music, inhabited with the rich, sipping champagne, entertained by live musicians, but Jayrenel Metrum didn’t yet see the host of this boasted banquet.

“Is that him?” She asked the Ishi Tib guiding them, pointing toward a corner.

“That’s the buffet table,” he cleared his throat like what-the-kriff?

“Well how can we be sure, uh, unless we question it?”

“Fine, go make yourself sick." Dr. Kai answered her. With that, Jay happily skipped away to go stuff her face, leaving her partners to go play in their own way.

Junko Ike Junko Ike Arla Rodarch Arla Rodarch

SHe listened to the reply and nodded as she was there in the shuttle. "Alright." She shrugged looking at her handmaidens and thought about what to do. "Ah... I guess they are just fine and don't need us." Phaidor nodding and she was looking at her princess as they adjusted the course into the city. "We'll find something to do than I guess." They had people that they would be able to help well enough and she checked her supply pack for the universal field kit as she was looking at it. The medical compartment was full so she would be able to do whatever she could in the city and the shuttle was touching down. Junko going to the console and starting it up. "Have the medical module ready to replenish our stores and we'll handle as many as we can."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom