Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do it like they do it on the Discovery Channel

Dxun Jungles

The restraints were cutting into my wrists as I sat in the shuttle. We had first traveled to Onderon for the shuttle that would take me down to the jungles of the planet below. Each second I sat here made me feel all the more angry at myself. It didn't help that the planet was influenced by the darkness. I could feel it through the force. My head low and bowed with my hair ruffled up, and a little oily from not showering from the day before, I might as well get used to it. I wouldn't be getting one for a while anyways.

I remember my last sight of [member="Celiana"]. I was holding her with my left arm as she hugged me. I had made a poor decision to go against orders. And now, I had to pay the price. I didn't say a word to her. The dread of possibly never seeing her again, the fear of not being able to regain my honor, nor regain the trust I once had with my Master kept my lips sealed. [member="Isley Verd"] had given me the task of finding and hunting a creature on Dxun to be my punishment.

And here I was. Sitting with the straps around my chest to keep me in my seat, and prevent me from running. I breathed in trying to hold back my emotions of fear, anger, sadness, distraught, and even... hatred. I could only be mad at myself. I was to blame, and I deserved the consequences. One of the men dressed in their armor walked over to me, and looked me over. I could tell from his tone of voice he didn't like me. And was more than happy to shove me off.

"You get one vibroblade. Take as long as you need to get the job done."

He then looked around, then leaned in so close I could see my blue eyes reflecting in his black T-visor. His entire body was showing me he was not messing around, and a voice as cold as the planet Ilum.

"Don't come back."

I just looked at him defiantly. Not saying a word just trying to peer into his soul through the black visor. I was going to come back. Just his words alone wanted me to get up from my seat and beat the chit out of him. And I likely could even without my right arm. However, he looked away as the pilot said we were landing in a few seconds. I smiled a little as I lowered my head once more.

Taking off the restraints from my chest, He then lifted me up by my left arm, and started to forcefully shove me towards the hatch.

"This is your blade."

He then tosses the vibroblade out of the hatch as the wind blows past my face and hair, He then starts to push me forward. Out of the hatch, and into the open air.

"Go fetch!"

Getting a grip of my bearings was nearly impossible at the moment. Falling at terminal velocity towards the jungles of Dxun, I reached out with my hand, Seeing my fingers reach out for the vibroblade as it tumbled end over end. I pulled the blade towards me with the force. Slapping into my hand in a reverse grip. I had to be careful not to cut myself or stab myself. As I was falling, I slipped the blade carefully in between my pants, and the belt that I am wearing. Making sure that the guard was pressed into my side, as I began to try to right myself in the air.

Finding I was getting rapidly closer and closer to the ground, I once more outstretched my hand. Using the force push, I held it. Letting a stream of energy push it's way out of my hand, and to reduce my speed of terminal velocity greatly. As I was still falling, I moved my legs to be below me. And as I got close enough to the ground, I released my force pushing to allow the drop to the ground, and rolled to reduce the impact on my body.

Even then, it still hurt. Having twigs, branches, roots, and just the hard ground in general stab into my back. After rolling, I laid down on the ground. Taking a moment to breath a few deep breaths of relief. I could hear the wind pushing against the trees. The calls of various animals and creatures around me. The humidity was making me sweat already as I sat there for only a few minutes. And my right shoulder was aching.

Lets hope I can get this done sometime soon, and survive.

The star in the sky was moving ever so slowly as I lay there. Trying to relax after being stuck in that damned ship to here. Leaning up, I could feel and hear my back pop. I groaned in pain, and in pleasure. I put my hand down and tried to stand up, only to fall over to my right side. After being used to pushing oneself up with their arms, and now missing one? It was awkward. I had to pay for it though. It was my fault for being an idiot and charging into the fray when I shouldn't have. I learned my lesson.

However, I was still upset with my master for sending me here without an arm. At least I could have gotten my replacement. All in due time, I was slowly understanding why he sent me. He wanted me to learn, and to adapt to become stronger. The purpose of the master is to teach others to one day become stronger than yourself. He had mentioned how he saw a lot of himself in me. The way the man once was. Fury and raw talent that needed to be harnessed. This is my test.

Standing up again, I began to walk forward. Making my way deeper into the jungles of Dxun. I need to find a Zakkeg. I knew right away what beast this man wanted. What hide he wanted me to gather. For me to bloody my blade upon.

"Come on Zeph, you faced worse than this."

Drawing the vibroblade with my left arm, I began to hack my way past the foliage. Time to prove my mettle.

Hacking away at the forest, and the plant life that stood in my way, I found that some were riddled with thorns and thistles. They cut into my skin and ripped into my shirt. They clawed at me. Resisting me. Pushing on, I tried to ignore the pain. Cutting further into the deep jungle, I could hear many of the various creatures calling out to one another. As if on cue, I could feel danger behind me. Instantly spinning around, I could see a four legged creature jumping at me. Teeth out and open. Thirsting for my blood. Indistinctly I used the force to push back the creature.

Realizing it was one of the Night Hunters, I knew they traveled in packs. I went into the force. Drawing upon my sensory powers. They were exposed now. I could see them. Intimidating me with their numbers of half a dozen. The odds were not in my favor. Even more so that I was without an arm. Holding the blade out and down to my side, the very small area they surrounded me in was clearly best for them. I could barely see their heads, shoulders, and portions of their back over the top of the fauna.

They knew I would be tough, growling and snarling at me. Even pouncing forward a step or two to try and taunt me. I smiled a little. This will be difficult. A true test of my abilities. All at once, I had three rush in at me. Two from my right, and one from my back left. Spinning around, I sent a wide force push at the two. Sending them sprawling backwards. The last one, I increased my speed with the force, and dodged the creature. Letting it land where I once stood. Only for my blade to pierce into its chest.

It roared in pain as I then kicked it off of my blade. Spinning around just in time for a fourth Night Hunter to lash out at me. To which I slammed the pommel of the vibroblade into the face of. We were once more in a stand off. The one that was injured backed off and retreated. The other that I had smacked was knocked out cold. Two down, four more to go.

It was then they backed up. Slowly retreating and almost bowing their heads. I kept myself in the same spot for a few moments before backing up into a tree. The turned tail and ran.

Breathing deeply, I let myself slide down to the ground. Breathing deeply, and shaking from the adrenaline that was rushing through my body.

"Well that went better than expected."

Two Days Later

Sitting inside the transport. I had a behemoth of a beast sitting in the front of me. Its blood running down the cracks of the runway down the ship's length. The man who dropped me off was still staring at me as though I was someone else. Almost as though I proved I was worth his time. I was looking at him as he was giving me a glance over again and again. Seeing the various cut marks, dirt, mud and blood. As well as the bandage that was around my abdomen. The bloodied vibroblade was cracked in half and in his hands.

"How did you do this son?"

I smiled a little. Shaking my head.

"I... I have to fill out a report about this. So tell me what happened."
"You just want to know how I beat a Zakkeg one handed."
"Fine, yes."

A pause in my words. I looked him over, and then leaned back a little. I won't lie, a little proud of this accomplishment.

"After the attack of the pack of Night Hunters...."

I stood up. There were small trails of blood on my arm and legs as I was trying to fight past more thistles. The Night hunters had a distinct "feel" towards them. So I needed to search and find one that was different. One more powerful, and dangerous. I searched. Continuing to move on. As the star began to fall below the horizon, I moved to find shelter. I needed some place that would be somewhat safe. After searching for about an hour, I found a small cave inlet. I moved in and began to try and make a small home for myself. No need for a fire. Nothing to cook. I was so exhausted, I fell asleep soon after.

It was thunder that woke me. It was raining. Luckily I was dry. The thunder was close. I couldn't see where the bolt of lightning had hit, but I knew it was close from the flash and the almost instant boom. The rain was heavy. I couldn't hear anything other than it, and the claps of the gods. After turning to look around, I could see deeper in the cave, two deep yellow eyes staring at me.

I was not making a home for myself. I invaded someone's home.

The roar of the beast echoed in the cave. And the shambling of movement was clear, he was angry. Standing up, I moved backwards out of the cave, and into the rain. I became soaking wet in seconds from the rain. My entire body suddenly felt cold from the water. Hell, the puddle I was standing in started to seep into my boots from the tears. I slowly drew the vibroblade. Holding it should it... charge.

Which it just did.

Running at me in the rain, the beast was angry. I had invaded its space. I was too tired when I slept to realize that the beast itself was sleeping. That there was even a beast in there. As it rushed out, I side stepped only for its leg to still hit my side. Sending me flying backwards a meter from the sheer strength. It slid to a stop as I was picking my blade up from the fall. Looking at it, all I could see was a black mass with yellow eyes.

As on que, the lightning flashed. Showing me the rough hide, thick horns, and massive body. Charging me once more, I rushed. Jumping up and rolling over my side. Letting the beast past me once more. This time, I landed on my feet. the blade up, I then used force push to keep it going smack into a tree. Slamming hard, I could hear the crack of the tree. Breaking, it fell over to the side.

Damn.

Turning around, I began to run. I was not beating this thing in the dark. Running a few paces, I then jumped. Using the force to aid me so I would land on one of the lower branches, and then began to move my way up the tree. Hearing a smack sound again, and the tree shaking hard, I could feel as the tree was falling over. The beast had hit the same tree I was on.

Once again... Damn.

Taking the vibroblade, I slid it into my belt. Letting the tree begin to fall, I lept from it. Reaching out, I tried to grab onto the next tree across the way. My hand reaching out, grabbing for any kind of hand hold. Only, I missed. My hand slipped down the side of the tree, and I tumbled down the tree. Hitting many of the branches on the way down, I cut myself, bruised up, and even slammed hard into the ground. My entire body hurt. I started to tear up. The pain was nowhere near tolerable. Yelling out in pain, The creature turned around to me.

Scraping its fore leg on the ground, it then charged me again. Eyes wide open, I yelled at it. Trying to get up as it rammed it's frontal horn into my stomach. I could feel the horn in me. Ripping my stomach. I was in so much pain. I just stood there. Back against the tree, and the creature holding me there for a second before throwing me to the side.

I was shaking. I was in pure pain. I wanted to curl up into a ball and be back home with mom and dad. laughing over some show that was funny. Training with my old sword. Only now, I needed to relive that. I wanted to have that memory again. I wanted to experience that once more. Standing up. I fought the pain by yelling. I drew my blade. Rushing the Zakkeg, I was slammed into again. The horn missing me, I then stabbed the blade into the neck of the beast. Using the force to increase my strength tenfold.

Stabbing the blade about half way through the neck, I had hit so hard, the sword broke.

"You broke the sword?"
"How else do you think its in two pieces?"
"Smashed it on some rock and had hunters get the Zakkeg for you."
​"Explain my wounds then? No clean cuts. A hole the size of this creature's horn."
"You stabbed yourself on it."

I just gave him a look. He smiled a little as he let loose that he was joking. He knew I did it. There was too much blood for it to be set up. Even more so when I didn't have any credits on me, and the various wounds I had were matching up. He then handed me the hilt.

"I think you should have this."
"Sure, but why?"

Taking the sword, he snapped it over his leg. Tossing them away, he then pointed to the hilt, and the small portion of the blade left.

"You faced the odds. Fought a creature that should have killed you. Mended yourself best you could, and then called us. You earned that blade."

Looking it over, I smiled and nodded. However the sudden movement sent a jolt of pain up my side. I groaned in pain. The mando leaning over and placing a hand on my bloody forehead. He shushed me, and then spoke.

"Relax. Don't move. I'll go ahead and give you a sedative. You need to rest."

Nodding my head, I felt a prick of pain in my arm, and fell asleep.

Three Days Later.

Standing up, I had a crutch under each arm. It felt good to feel something on my right side again. Even if it was a fake limb. I moved myself forward. The clucking of the rubber pegs on the crutches hitting the waxed floor as a floating cart followed me. Resting upon it was the body of a Zakkeg. It was still fresh. Preserved while I was in the hospital getting my cybernetic limb, as well as having myself sewn up from the damages on me.

I would have a nasty scar on my stomach, and I still had some residual marks on my face, neck, and limb. I dressed as best as I could. Nice pants, a simple grey t-shirt. And I made sure to shower all the dirt and gunk out of my hair. Doing so had been difficult with my injuries. I had to take a sponge bath from the nurses.

Not complaining. Not in the slightest. Either way, I stopped before the council doors. Breathin in, the same man was standing next to me. Letting me know if I needed to lean, I could on him. I shook my head.

"I need to do this alone."

His smile and nod confirmed what was needed.

Breathing in once more, I nodded. He then opened the door for me. Inside was my master, ready to receive me.

~Fin~

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom