Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do I know you?

Maja found herself in a unique position. She didn’t have to worry about where the next meal was coming from, or if she was going to freeze to death overnight, or even what microscopic creatures or diseases might be sharing her clothes with her.

And she had the luxury of time too. And since the revelation that she wasn’t who she thought she was, she’d spent her time researching who she really was – and as importantly – who gave her the name she had grown up with.

Her efforts had been fruitless to say the least. She had no birth record and therefore as far as the ‘system’ was concerned, she didn’t really exist.

So she sat at a computer terminal, asking it to do various searches and cross-referencing – hoping to find out some answers.

And finally she had some success. Instead of looking for people in records called Vern, she started to look for people who were called Vern but who possessed no records. And she found two candidates. She was the first and someone called Aurna Vern was the other. Her research showed she seemed to appear out of nowhere, just like Maja – and she had immeasurable wealth without any rhyme or reason. Which was kind of the opposite of Maja (at least until very recently).

So she fired off a personal message.

‘Hi

You probably don’t know me but my name is Maja Vern. Until a very short while ago, I believed that was my real name. But it turns out it was given to me at a young age.

It may just be a coincidence but when I went looking for any records of who gave me my name, I came across you. It’s a long-shot but I wonder if there is anything more than coincidence in us both appearing to have no birth records and both called Vern.

Maja’

Would this mysterious woman reply? Perhaps not - but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

[member="Aurna Vern"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom