Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech DKS Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: N/A
Intent: To create a new weapon for the One Sith
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Drakos Systems
Model: DKS Rifle
Affiliation: Closed Market.
Modularity: No
Production: Mass Production
Material: Rifle components, Dallorian Alloy, Durasteel.
Classification: Rifle
Size: Handheld
Length: Length of heavy rifle
Weight: Weight of heavy rifle
Ammunition Type: Gas canister, Power cells
Ammunition Capacity: 200 shots
Effective Range: 80 m
Rate of Fire: Semi-automatic; three round burst
Special Features:
-Can be linked with HUD
-Dampeners/Migitation systems help with recoil
-Features ostrine cooling system, with the barrel comprising of dallorian alloy
Description:
With a recent surge of improved weapons among the One Sith, Krayzen Dratos decided to build up more on his work, with the creation of the DKS Plasma Weapon . While it is not the plasma canon seen with the Umbarans, or in a starshp, it is still powerful, and can be used by soldiers against a wide variety of things, including, enemy vehicles, heavily armored opponents, and most importantly, lightsaber wielding opponents that opposes the One Sith

Like most weapons, the DKS Weapon uses tibanna gas. The difference between this, and other weapons however, is that it is highly concentrated tibanna gas, in canisters. Per his design, the weapon is capable of emitting energized plasma, up to 80 meters. The intensity, and heat is capable of melting most allows, as well as weakening the most heat resistant metals, such as titanium.

As one would expect from such a large weapon, it’s major limitation is its range, as well as its recoil, although, as one would expect, dampeners, and mitigation systems are able to combat recoil. Such a weapon is also useful against lightsaber wielding opponents, and initial tests concluded that it could significantly loosen the grip of someone wielding a lightsaber, even with magnets.
Primary Source:
Affiliation changed from One Sith to Open Market
Manufacturer changed from One Sith to Drakos Systems

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Krayzen Dratos"]

Krayzen Dratos said:
Length: Length of normal rifle Weight: Weight of normal rifle Ammunition Type: Gas canister, Power cells Ammunition Capacity: 200 shots
I think with a 200 shot capacity and the general idea of this weapon it would be larger than a normal rifle. I think it would be best as a heavy rifle. something akin to a 50 cal more than a 270. Normally the way a plasma weapon works is by energizing plasma and spinning it in a vacuum with magnets. Then released by opening up the vacuum and channeling it with magnets down a chamber. At least that is how real world plasma cannons work. just a fun fact, The germans played around with them in WWII. anyway. Make the length and weight "heavy rifle" and it will be golden :)

ADM. Reshmar

Krayzen Dratos said:
Would it be possible to change the ROF to automatic as well? Just wondering.
that would depend on the rate of fire you mean by automatic. You maybe could give it an auto/semi-auto toggle. But I doubt anything like a light machine gun rate of fire would be possible with plasma.

[member="Krayzen Dratos"]
I realize the intention is to create a greater firepower than a normal blaster, but there's a few things I'd like answered and addressed first.

Krayzen Dratos said:
The intensity, and heat is capable of melting most allows, as well as weakening the most heat resistant metals, such as titanium.
I assume here you mean alloys. Also you mention most heat resistant materials, followed by an example being titanium - in Star Wars, titanium isn't exactly all that spectacular at what it does - it's like real titanium, and there's an instance where a clone trooper actually puts a dent into a titanium blast door in the Clone Wars series - when compared to such materials as Durasteel, Plasteel, and so on. If you are aware of this and don't mean to make it able to pierce or weaken durasteel, that's okay - just checking in case you wished to.

Krayzen Dratos said:
Such a weapon is also useful against lightsaber wielding opponents, and initial tests concluded that it could significantly loosen the grip of someone wielding a lightsaber, even with magnets.
The thing about blasters, both plasma and ion, is that the electromagnetic containment field that keeps the beam/shot cohesive is what reacts with the containment field of the lightsaber. It is this interaction which reflects blaster bolts seamlessly away like a mirror. I could just be missing something, but the only beam/particle weapon I can think of that can actually interact differently with a lightsaber (in a physical manner, not like ion paddlers that bend around the blade) is a particle beam rifle/cannon.

The reason for this is the lack of stability in each particle beam created during firing (high energy, low density) versus the normal blaster that is compact and stable (low-mid energy, high density). This causes the particle beam to explode in a low-yield burst on contact with solid objects, and lightsaber blades (because the highly energized, loosely compacted, bolt does not interact "correctly" as a normal blaster bolt would on contact with a lightsaber blade containment field).

If you can find a non-particle beam rifle/cannon that fires plasma bolts that do not interact with lightsabers as normal blasters will, I will be more than glad to approve it as-is. Otherwise I will need this corrected and either fit the part of a particle beam rifle or a plasma blaster rifle.

Sources:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Particle_beam
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber/Legends
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Blaster/Legends

Per this information, titanium has a high resistant to temperatures, and this is why it is used in industries such as aerospace.

Most definitions of the term 'refractory metals' list the extraordinarily high melting point as a key requirement for inclusion. By one definition, a melting point above 4,000 °F (2,200 °C) is necessary to qualify.[2] The five elements niobium, molybdenum, tantalum, tungsten and rhenium are included in all definitions,[3] while the wider definition, including all elements with a melting point above 2,123 K (1,850 °C), includes a varying number of nine additional elements, titanium, vanadium,
Refractory Metals Page on Wikipidea
That's what I was basing my statement on.

In terms of the other stuff you stated, the weapon uses a plasma containment field similar to a charric/maser weapon, therefore making it operate in similarity to a charric/maser weapon.

[member="Braith Achlys"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom