Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Vehicle DKS Landspeeder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: N/A

Intent: I come from a website called Star Wars Legacies(now Dawn of the Republic). In the website, there are strict regulations in tech which annoys me. I want to transfer one of my designs from there to here, as well as add in other designs that I have been wanting to do for a while as well.

Development Thread: N/A

Manufacturer: One Sith | Drakos Systems

Model: DKS Landspeeder

Affiliation: One Sith | Closed Market

Modularity: N/A

Production: Mass Production

Material: Durasteel, Duraplast

Role: MultiRole

Height: 3m

Length: 12m

Width: 7m

Weight: 250kg

Minimum Crew: 1

Optimal Crew: 1

Propulsion: RepulsorLift Engine Array

Top Speed: 350km/h

Armaments: Light Blaster Canon/Repeater Blaster Canons; Sensor Suite; Life Support System; Chaff/Smoke Dischargers; Long Range Comm Array;Chaff/Smoke Discharges/Flares

Squadron Count: 10
Passenger Capacity: 2

Cargo Capacity: 150 kg

Misc. Equipment: N/A

Description: Wishing to create a new star wars speeder that could serve as a multi-role purpose, the One Sith, the Captain of the One Sith decided to create the OS Landspeeder for use by military personnel.

The speeder features duraplast reinforced durasteel, making this speeder have a tough hull. Captain Kas made sure to add in a long range communication array to help with communication, and he also made sure the long range comm array can access multiple frequencies at once, as well as a singular frequency, helping with some various forms of jamming(like barrage jamming for instance).

Captain Kas also made sure to include blast doors; the blast doors can be accessed via the left and right sides of the speeder, and they open downwards to help with cargo. It also carries in three days worth of consumables, and an air scrubber, and filtration unit.

Taking into inspiration some of his future designs, Velon made sure to add in an active protection system, basing it on an old tank(Merkava). Featuring a device that is mounted to the weapon, and offers a 360-degree field view, when a projectile(missile or anything similar in size, and/or power to a missile) is detected, the speeder's internal computer calculates the approach vector, and soon, after the weapon is distinguished, the computer also calculates the optimal time, and it then fires the chaffs, or whatever counter measure that. It can fire all the counter measures at once, or not; furthermore, this computer can track multiple projectiles(missile or anything similar in size, and/or power to a missile). It can also be remote controlled via a slave rig, or be integrated with the HUD of the user

Malos also added in two shield projectors, both which can be used in the rear, and aft sections of the speeder; this makes the speeder vulnerable to flanking attacks, but protects the user of the speeder. The weapon systems in the speeder can be controlled via a remote control system(such as a slave rig), making this weapon highly useful. Utlimately, this weapon is a must have for One Sith Army officers.

Weaknesses: Light Armament: Self-explanatory
Shielding Offers Small Amount of Projection: The shield only protects the front rear, and the back rear of the user.
Flanking Maneuvers: Those that use this speeder are vulnerable to flanking maneuvers.
Limited Counter Measures: It has a small amount of counter measures.
Primary Source:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trophy_(countermeasure)#Trophy_Light
http://www.defensenews.com/story/defense/land/vehicles/2016/01/28/israel-trophy-active-protection-system-aps/79460018/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom