Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech DKS-32 Turret

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To create a defense turret for a future submission.
Image Source: N/A
Canon Link: N/A
Development Thread: N/A
Primary Source: Tada
PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Manufacturer: Drakos Systems
Model:: DKS-32 Turret

Affiliation: Closed Market/The Iron Empire
Modularity: N/A
Production: Mass Produced
Material: Deck-canon, Durasteel, Duraplast, Alusteel.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Flak-Cannon
Size: Stationary
Length: 30m
Weight: 600o kg
Ammunition Type: Gas Canister; Turbine Generator
Ammunition Capacity: Depends on the generator being used; limited on smaller structures with smaller generators.
Effective Range: Equivalent to any laser defensive emplacement.
Rate of Fire: Automatic

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Effective against ray, particle, and deflector shields
DETAILED SPECIAL FEATURES
  • It is effective against ray, particle, and deflector shields due to how the slug being encased in an ion cloud.
Strengths:
  • Useful against various type of shield systems.
  • Features a redundant shield system.
Weaknesses :
  • It can only be used on ground installations
  • Since it is in a ground installation, it is vulnerable to pinpoint attacks.
  • Designed only for starfighters, gunships, and vehicles. It is not designed for any big capital ships(SDs for instance).
  • Unlike CIWS systems, it cannot be used to take down missiles and so forth.
DESCRIPTION:
When Krayzen returned to known space, he began to look at old historical data files, and saw that there were various installations in the One Sith that lacked defensive emplacements. Seeing this as a weakness that future enemies could exploit, the Anzati had Drakos Systems, and Iron Empire designers create an inspired design for him.

It was here that the DKS-32 turret was created. A descendant of the old MR-32 turret, the design does not feature the variety famous with the weapon. The last variant of the weapon was used, where a projectile(30mm) was launched magnetically, encased in an ion cloud..

Since it was a ground emplacement, it would be vulnerable to attacks. That was why a redundant deflector shield generator was added in. Other weaknesses included the fact that it can only be used in ground installations.

The design is quickly becoming a mainstay in the Iron Empire, and can be purchased in the Drakos Systems storefront.

Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.

[member="Aria Vale"]

Removed the modularity and made the change in regards to the weight. I'm not sure how I can describe the ammo cap, since in the previous submission had the same thing, and there are various type of generators.

Krayzen Dratos said:
I'm not sure how I can describe the ammo cap, since in the previous submission had the same thing
Could you link this submission here, please?

As for how to describe it, simply state that it's limited on smaller vessels, etc.

[member="Krayzen Dratos"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom