Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Dive

yi-liu-asset.jpg

div-green.png

TAGS: Sofiel Sofiel
She hadn’t sunk this deep into Coruscant’s pockets since first meeting Kahlil. Back when both her skill set and horizons were considerably more narrow. Unsurprisingly, things had changed since then.

But her magnetism towards any and all things sith-rot sure hadn’t.

It was with that in mind she found herself back in the pits of despair, now for a very different reason than hunting Sithspawn. There’d been word of a black market auction house stewing somewhere in Coruscant’s Entertainment District, bloated with dirty money and all stretches of illegal wares. If intelligence proved good, there would potentially be a Sith artifact or two sprinkled in the fray. Icing on the proverbial cake.

And who wouldn’t just love to get a slice of that.

Perhaps it was just another ill-conceived plan to toss on a growing pile, but in fairness she did try and limit herself this time around. It would only be simple reconnaissance. However much the word still made her groan internally, she at least now understood the value. She could flush out whatever filth painted the walls of this place only if she exercised a modicum of patience beforehand.

Luckily, Kahlil in his infinite wisdom had taught her how to do so.

Smoothing out the folds of her dress with one hand, the girl plucked a champagne glass from a passing server with the other. Theatrics only of course. It had been one hell of a nightmare trying to sneak into this place to begin with, so if she was going to commit to the bit, she was going to commit hard.

Long enough for the auction to start at least.

Last edited:

Sith-sunfire.png
Familiar.png

Here.

Vorthruz's voice echoed in her mind. Sofiel's eyes opened then. In the back of the building, tied up, the Acolyte had been captured by the Gala's guard in her attempt to obtain the artifacts that had been stolen. The Sith Empire's fall had left a good number of their more powerful creations at the hands of looters, and reobtaining some of them would certainly help her keep her side of the bargain with her host.

A Sith needed power, and these items were certainly full of them.

But now she was stuck in a chair, her face bruised and blood leaking from her nose and the corner of her mouth. They'd tried beating her for information, but the utter lack of a reaction she gave only left them unsettled. Frightened, even. Every blow had her calm smile and cold eyes take a moment to refocus on them, and that was the only reaction she gave. A dip of her head as the vessel struggled to retain consciousness before Sofiel's eyes could refocus.

It'd been unintended, being captured, but it wasn't the end of her plans. The two guards left with here now were playing a game of Pazaak.

"You found their location?"

Vault, in the back. Under the stage.

"Wha- Now yer talkin'? Who'r you talkin' to?"

One of the guards turned their head her way, frowning. So long of silence had them both nearly jump out of their skin, but now they were annoyed. They stood, cracked their knuckles. Maybe this time they could beat the information they needed out of her.

That was the last thought he had as her gaze focused on him and he was suddenly no longer there. He was, just, flattened to the ground in such a quick motion that all remained was a blood splatter that covered the table and his friend. Sofiel stood then, her bonds broken, as she calmly went to where her suit jacket had been tossed. Turned her gaze to the remaining guard. She was panicked. Breathing heavy as she tried to make sense of what just happened. Where her friend went. Why there was so much blood.

There wasn't even a corpse left.

"List the names of the guards here."

"I- wh- Th- He's-"

She reached for a blaster. Or would have, if her arm wasn't suddenly gone. It floated just above her head, just in eyesight. She collapsed to the ground, mad scrambling with her remaining hand to get away from Sofiel. But the Sith continued forward, the calm smile on her face still. The cold gaze of her eyes on the woman.

"Their names."

From above, her bird adjacent Familiar watched the party. And her, through it. Her yellow eyes were barely visible behind the white mask. As the party continued, as people interacted, danced, she was finding them. Every name had a face to it, and she could find them with just a name alone. And when she found the last? The party turned from revelry to fear.

One of the guards stumbled forward, clutching at the side of his head. Confusion filled his eyes. His partner stepped forward, tried to get him to stand up straight.

"What'd I tell ya about drinking on the job? C'mon, at least loo-"

He was cut off by a crunch and twist of flesh. A scatter of blood filled the area as where his partner had been, only a smattering of blood remained. There was silence. The music stopped, all eyes shifted towards where the sound was. One of the guests too close screamed as she realized blood was coating her body. Then another scream, as another guard was reduced to a smear on the ground.

And another. One by one the guards were picked off. Everyone panicked. Everyone started to run. They needed to escape. One of the guards raised their blaster, looking for something, anything that might be a threat, that might be doing this. He was the next to fall.

de072ae7f79a9ab2f3c44f455a42b293661fb712.gif

Sofiel continued her work from the back room, two blood splatters now beside her. She kept her eyes closed so she could see through her Familiar. It wasn't until the last body fell that she finally reopened her eyes. Looked to her hands. They were shaking. The calm smile turned to a frown. Too much energy expended, then. Fine. But the guards were taken care of. She lifted up her suit jacket, refastening the buttons on it once she slipped it on, and walked out into the chaos.

Now she just needed to get to the vault.

Capris Halcyon Capris Halcyon

yi-liu-asset.jpg

div-green.png

Shit hit the fan before her lips could so much as touch the rim of her cup. The only precursor a nauseous wave of darkness taking a solid hold of her gut. Wait what?-

Panic tore through the crowd in the next moment, and it would be a lie to say she didn’t share in the group consensus. Watching people get indiscriminately spaghettified, as one might assume, was inherently unnerving. But evidently not enough to have her fleeing along with the rest of the crowd. Instead, her hand moved to the saber at her hip preemptively. Abandoning her glass to shatter against the floor as a stream of realizations hit her simultaneously.

Whoever did this was force sensitive. Obviously not Jedi. And likely here for the same reason she was.

And under no circumstance could they succeed.

It was then the threat seemed to manifest itself. Or as far as she could speculate. A woman slipped into the crowd, not suspicious in itself, but her apparent composure certainly was. Eyeing her a moment, the padawan decided to follow after, banking on the crowd to provide sufficient coverage. A month ago, she may have thrown caution to wind and engaged as soon as the thought crossed her mind. But that was pretty big risk to run, considering what she’d just seen.

Sith-sunfire.png
Familiar.png

Sofiel raised a hand as she approached the stage. Then pulled. Wood splintered as a chunk of it ripped free, scattering through the panicked crowd without a care of who would be harmed in the process. And a lot of people were. She kept her attention forward though. Passive, uncaring. Her cold eyes and warm smile only cared about the vault that had been revealed. Her Familiar moved, fluttering down from the ceiling to land on her shoulder.

"Everyone who was a threat to stop me I killed. Or so I thought."

Her head turned, her yellow eyes now focusing on the one person who followed. Who didn't run.

"Who are you?"

yi-liu-asset.jpg

div-green.png

With a metaphysical shove she forced the remaining board careening against a marble pillar. Pointedly away from the now injured crowd.

Too late. She hadn't acted soon enough. Amateur.

There was little time to mope however, what with yellow eyes soon locking on her own.

Oh chit.

Brandishing her saber, she kept the green jet of plasma defensive, "What does it look like?" Quite presumptively she figured woman would recognize the Jedi signature with zero prompting.

After all who didn't?

It was then her gaze momentarily shifted to the bird-like amalgamation hovering the woman's shoulder.

Alright, that's new. And just further begged the question as to who the hell was was squaring up against.

Somewhat at a loss, she fell back on reflexive snark. "Cute pet- now what the hell do you want with the vault?"

Familiar_2.png
Familiar.png

"I don't know, that's why I asked."

No snark. .. Maybe a little snark. X3 had already started to rub off on her in that regard, at least. She raised a hand, rubbing at her chin in thought. Looking over the other girl as if something on her would give it away. Her knowledge, though, was lacking. Perhaps the vessel..? No, there was no accessing her memories right now. Sofiel shrugged before lifting a hand towards her, pointing a finger like it was a gun.

"If you're here to be in my way, I advice against it."

yi-liu-asset.jpg

div-green.png

Capris blinked. Oh genuine confusion. She hadn't been expecting that.

This woman was a Sith was she not? Sworn mortal enemy of Jedi. The antithesis of light hard set on a mission to destroy all the young padawan stood for? She certainly acted Sith. What with the whole tactful threats and raging darkside aura.

Though now that the question had been raised, what kind of Sith wore white oxford?

Her apparent lapse in knowledge was probably the only thing keeping the padawan alive at the moment. So naturally she hesitated.

Eh, it wasn't her responsibility to educate the uneducated.

Her brow then pulled together as a finger gun was levied her way. Absurd, but likely just as dangerous as every other stunt the woman had thus pulled.

"If you're here to be in my way, I advise against it."

"No actually." Despite every instinct screaming for her not to, the girl holstered her saber. She had a distinct feeling it would prove useless against whatever strings Sofiel kept pulling. Maybe she could simply bullchit her way through this. "Think we might've gotten off on the wrong foot. You're after the artifacts are you not? Why's that?"

Prodding.

Last edited:

Familiar_2.png
Familiar.png

Sofiel slowly lowered her hand and tilted her head to the side, just to rest it against the black feathered form on her Familiar. Hummed in thought. Not here to get in her way? That was interesting enough to stop her from just striking out. An ally, perhaps? No, there was no information from Darth Temerant Darth Temerant about another operative being sent. Would he tell her, though? Something to talk about after this mission was done.

"I'm going to reclaim the artifact for my Master, as requested. Are you here to claim the same?"

yi-liu-asset.jpg

div-green.png

While the immediate danger was more or less evaded, maintaining that safety net proved a bit more challenging.

Ok, time to bullshit.

“I mean yeah- I was planning on it.” Not a total lie? Had to be a partial-truth at least. Though Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble probably wouldn’t take too kindly to her fishing out a sith artifact from the belly of the underworld unauthorized. Especially not in his name.

Oh well, what he didn’t know couldn’t hurt him. Wasn’t like he was here to bear witness to her grade A acting anyway.

With a loose shrug she tried her damndest to exude indifference. The kind of unflinching nonchalance she’d seen in a particular Darth Temerant Darth Temerant during her most recent jaunt through Coruscant’s sublevels.

“But that’s not to say I exactly want to pit myself against you. Figure our ambition might have some overlap.” An ally, maybe that’s what she was selling herself as? Stupid. This was stupid. Could she shut up for once.

“Who’s this Master of yours?”

Familiar_2.png
Familiar.png

"Ah." It was a simple exclamation of understanding. Sofiel's ringed eyes remained on the girl, just watching and studying. Unfortunate she wasn't very good at telling if someone was lying. To her, why would people bother? Hiding intentions, guising choices, yes. Outright lies?

She'd yet to experience that.

"A Knight Inquisitor. You? Who are you here on behalf of?"

yi-liu-asset.jpg

div-green.png

Knight Inquisitor. Right, so she was Sith, or at the very least some offshoot.

"I'm uh- not at liberty to say." Yes, that sounded good. Very operative-like." But I can confirm I'm also working in the interest of the Order." Vague, keep it vague. She definitely wouldn't hold up to scrutiny but as far as she was concerned that was a future problem.

Her eyes then slumped to the vault, inclining her head ever so slightly. "Disgusting how they think they can just take what's ours isn't it?"

"How about we correct that mistake."

Familiar_2.png
Familiar.png

Not at liberty to say?

That was something Darth Temerant Darth Temerant used in their first meeting. It checked out in her mind. Instead, she turned her gaze towards the now visible vault. Around them the party had left. No one was left, just blood splatters of the guards she'd killed. The other security would probably get here soon enough. She raised a hand, towards the door. And pulled. An unnatural screech of metal filled the air as she pried the front of the vault from the rest with far too much ease, tossing it aside in the room, where it shattered the ground. Buried itself within the wooden floor.

"I agree. We do not have much time. Vorthruz."

The familiar moved, darting in an instant from her shoulder towards the contents. Black spread across the whole of the vault. She'd take everything, not just the artifact.

"Do you have an out?"

yi-liu-asset.jpg

div-green.png

The girl nearly failed to respond, unable to peel her eyes from the raw display of sorcery.

Well fuck.

"That was.. Effective." Clearing her throat, Capris found the resolve to look back into those unnaturally hued eyes. "Did your bird just eat the entire vault or..?"

No time, Sofiel pushed her for an out. Figuring it was either comply or be annihilated, the girl carefully weighed her options.

Well, she couldn't let the guise slip, not this far in. Maybe though she could bait her somewhere where the playing field was a bit more even.

"Yes, parked outside." Already moving from the stage, the girl headed in the direction of valet parking.

"Will the vault be an issue or can uh- Vorthruz pretty much carry that?"

Was he already? She couldn't rightfully tell.

Familiar_2.png
Familiar.png

"Bird? .. Oh. No. Familiar. And yes."

She turned back to Capris, the calm smile on her face. Vorthruz landed atop her shoulder again, their black wings folding over themselves. They were again their small form, perched on her shoulder as if nothing had happened, and as if nothing was inside. Sofiel tilted her head curiously though, her yellow cold gaze staring at the girl curiously.

"Carry? What do you mean?"

yi-liu-asset.jpg

div-green.png

"Uh." The girl simply stared a moment as Vorthruz morphed back into his default size, the vault atomizing along with him. "Nevermind. Stupid question."

With that she led Sofiel out a side entrance, sidling up to the first speeder empty of any fleeing pedestrians before scribbling something out of the window. A rune. With a poignant crack, a sheen of ice overtook the pane, a simple elbow-jab then shattering the glass.

"Might want to get in before the authorities flood this place." Unlocking the doors from the inside after sufficiently shaking her hand free of glass, the girl fiddled with the ignition. She had to play this right. Just right. "Not that you couldn't handle a couple more bodies." Hands on the wheel, the girl stilled her nerve, shrugging dismissively. "Just, I’d rather not to get blood on this dress."

Familiar_2.png
Familiar.png

"Very well."

Sofiel gave a brief smile as she watched the glass shatter and their ride was obtained. Covering their exit by taking a new ship. Clever. She certainly hadn't thought about that. Without a word further she sat down, Vorthruz still perched on her shoulder even though it should've been off balance in her duck in. If it wasn't obvious how unnatural it was before, it certainly was now.

"Shall we go?"

yi-liu-asset.jpg

div-green.png

“I don’t see why not.”

Revving the engine, the girl wasted no time creating distance between them and the massacre of a crime scene. Weaving through lanes as she kept her mind distinctly off what had just transpired.

“I have a spot.” Eyes forward, the girl mentally skimmed over the finer details of her plan, banking more so on instinct. “There’s too much heat on us right now to slip out the artifacts. Gotta find cover, wait it out.”

Slowing the speeder to a roll, the two soon came upon a decommissioned factory. The very one her and Kahlil had rigged and then proceeded to clean out of Sith Spawn. Hopefully it was still something of a hot spot.

If she couldn’t handle Sofiel on her lonesome, the next best thing was to outsource the work.

Familiar_2.png
Familiar.png

"A safe house, of sorts? Whatever works, I suppose."

Capris seemed to have a plan, and in turn, Sofiel didn't. Well, not anymore. She was just going to leave on her own ship and head back without any more trouble. But that didn't account for a stranger. And she was certain X3 wouldn't appreciate a visitor. Or Darth Temerant Darth Temerant . For now she settled in her seat, turning her gaze out the window that still existed to smile her oddly cold smile. Watch the lights go by as they dove deeper and deeper into the city.

"Is this a place you use often?"

yi-liu-asset.jpg

div-green.png

"Oh yeah, it's reliable. So long as you have your tetanus shot." Shoving down her gnawing anxiety, the girl opened the door, sliding out onto firm rust splintered ground. One still tousled with the indecipherable claw marks of something.

With a quick scan of the terrain, she sent a silent prayer up to whatever forces were at play, hoping some league of Sithspawn had seen fit to linger in the power vacuum left by her and Kahlil. She needed Sofiel occupied if she were to snag the artifacts from her hands. Or well... bird more like. She could figure out the logistics of how to do so later, right now she was banking solely on improvising.

From a few stretches ahead of them a sheet of metal whined, two feral eyes shifting to register the Padawan and Sith alike.

Familiar_2.png
Familiar.png

"You've no intention of helping, do you?"

Sofiel stepped out of the speeder, her gaze traveling over the area they were in. There was nothing safe about this safe house. Not that she could see, anyway. All she saw were the shapes in the darkness, stalking about. Watching them.

"I'm starting to get the feeling this is a trap. What did you say your name was, again?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom