Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Distress beacon in wild space

"Someone... anyone.....please help me.... they're all dea.... I'm so cold..."

The distress signal, being broadcast from deep in wild space cuts out, then repeats the same phrase moments later, appearing to be on an automated loop, the signal is on a channel wildly known to be used by zigerian slavers and has a time stamp no more than a month ago.

If you decide to take this hook and investigate further, it leads to a rusted, old YV-865, drifting in space. There are no power signatures at all, and the internal temperature reads well below zero. There is one incredibly faint life sign, and an aura of the force about the ship

The battlecruiser glided slowly through the endless black, drawn to this location by a distress signal sent out on a wide-beam communiqué. There were people in their region that needed help, and the Sacrelli had no reason not to investigate the call. Not to mention, they weren't far away... Barefu sat slumped in the Captains chair, feeling boredom plague her, but more-so following the tug of the Force. She had ignored many a call for aide today, due to distance, or nature... And yet this one... This one bore with it a particular interest. As such the behemoth of a battle-cruiser would glide alongside the smaller ship, scanning it for life and systems.

"Ships systems don't seem to be active, only one lifeform aboard; but it is faint Brood Mother; your command?"

One of the Sacrellish manning the sensory consoles informed her, asking for her action. She observed, and canted her head; snake-like tongue flicking out of her mouth briefly.

"Make the calculations necessary to bring the ship into our hangar; full assist. Open a Channel to this ship..."

She ordered, a demure wave of the hand accentuated her words. Once the channel was open, she would tight-beam a message to whomever was aboard the derelict.

"This is Barefu Ssshysssa. You have entered the Sssovereign territories of the Ssshysa Empire, and are in known Ssslaver Crafte. Sssend transponder coding now" Her voice was direct, but clearly held a strong lisp, while if by chance her visage appeared to the crew aboard the ship, she wouldn't been glaring forward, the appearance of the woman being beautiful, and yet innately threatening.

Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus

It would only take a moment for the terminal to detect that their was no active receiver aboard the ship, with the message going unanswered.

On closer inspection the ship appears to have no significant damage and nothing to explain why it is floating dead in space.

As the ship comes closer to being docked inside the battlecruiser it becomes more distinct, there is a sense of loss, of hopelessness and despair, emanating from one of the holds and filling the whole ship.

There is no resistance as the ship lazily floats toward the awaiting hangar bay.

Barefu Shysa Barefu Shysa

The ship would hit the ground hard once it got within the Artificial Gravity of the Wrath; several construction droids moving to move it safely within the confines of the behemoth before the hangar doors slid closed. At the very same time. There was no response hail as they had no way to respond; irritating. She moved into the hangar bay, wearing relatively skimpy clothing that drew looks, but no outright stares, ogles, or comments. Those around her knew better. They knew what her wrath was. It carried pain, and despair. Within that ship however, Barefu felt despair... Hopelessness... Loss. She wondered, with an increasing curiosity... Had she stumbled across a could-be student? She wouldn't Force it, but where as she had only ever been the student in the nature of the Force; she was incensed to the idea of being the Master.

"Do your work, cut it open... NOW!"

The woman barked in her native turn, a series of hisses, and clicks; tongue licking about after the sentence. And after that was said, she waited; slowly moving down to a crouch. Adopting a more favorable position as she waited for the ships loading ramp to open.

Again, the ship offered no resistance to the outsiders who were seeking to unlock its secrets, the robots did their work and with a hiss the door opened wide.

A cold mist rolled out of the opening, falling on to the floor, leaving frosted condensation where it landed, to someone sensitive to the force, the very mist was infused with the force and the same feeling of despair.

That was the first time the crew could be seen, two zygerions huddled in a corner with a blanket around them, frozen solid, their flesh with the texture of glass. An inert astromech droid stood in its charging station, still plugged in to the ships systems.

She peered inside with her eyes, and felt out with the Force. Tongue slithering between her lips once as she nodded towards the entryway.

"Recover everything, dispose of the dead; be quick..." She would say. Their people were no one for cold, but if they worked quick it would be of little consequence. Already steam poured from the ship, as the Wraith was kept at a very warm temperature; a complement to crew of the battlecruiser. She maintained that crouch, letting her soldiers quick take account of anything in the ship, and bring out anything of interest. Disposing of any bodies as she Brood Mother had directed them to do.

Eyes panning over to the astro-mech droid, she would raise a hand, beckoning them to bring it closer; leaving it mere feet away from her as her eyes were plastered to the doorway of the frigate.

The astromech's main photosensor lights up for a mere moment and its electric arm reaches out before the very last drop of power it has left to try and defend itself is exhausted. The mech is old and poorly maintained but is undamaged.

The crew explore the ship as the cold bites them bitterly, they cannot each work long before needing to warm themselves back in the hangar. There are four other frozen Zygerian crew about the ship, including one dressed in great finery, not becoming of a man in such a poorly maintained ship. They find what appears to be the personal effects of a slaver known as Kirtan Boon along with lots of now dead data pads. The man Kirtan appeared wealthy and the ship had several coffers full of different currencies. Sadly there are several people in cages, frozen to the bars, as if begging for freedom.

The last cage, which is unlocked and has the key in the outside contains something of note, the body is not begging like the others, but curled in a foetal position, to the observer, the young woman appears as dead as the others, but when they crewmen touch her to move her, they recoil in horror as they are confronted with their darkest tragedies and deepest fears. if this is god-moddy on your crew i apologise but wasn't sure how else to describe it

Barefu's kaleidoscope colors eyes would flicker over the astromech briefly, then back to the ship; turning to one of her retainers.

"Pull this little droids memory... Now, tell the bridge to reactive shroud systems, and make full burn back to the homelands; Hyperspace, if we can..."

Barefu commanded, moving to stand as she felt the outwards thud of the Force from within. Her people ran away, and she would thus forward, the large woman hitting one of the fleeing individuals with her left arm; hard. Enough to draw blood, and leave him unconscious.

"Cowards die, a cowards death." She announced, stepping into the cold and immediately hugging at herself; the sounds of period blaster fire audible outside, accompanied by brief screams and hisses. She moved with purpose. Left hand leaving her form briefly to disperse the lingering cold as much as she could. Eventually, she would find the balled up individual; looking down and canting her head.

She crouched to a kneel, beginning to shiver lightly.

She thought... She may have understood what happened.

"Cccchild...." she rattled, shivering a little harder. She wouldn't touch her, but nudged her core with the Force. The feeling of being lightly kicked in the chest, if one were to relate it.

As her force touched that of the frozen woman, there was a change in the air. The steady flow of cold faltered and stopped and the ice crystals on the floor, slowly at first, began to form into droplets of water There was also the lightest change in the mood that permeated the freighter.

If Barefu Shysa Barefu Shysa waits a few moments more, colour starts returning to her icy skin, and the air in front of her mouth begins to move as she takes her first breath in weeks. A newly thawed tear that rolls down her cheek is the first sign of movement as her eyelashes flicker, clearing the front away.

Finally, her muscles begin to move, she involuntarily arches her back slightly, stretching her seized spine out and lightly flexing her shoulders before rolling over on to her back, her eyes begin to open.

The first time her eyes open she doesn't react to the strange woman above her, as if the cold had temporarily taken her sight, but then she takes a second look and a brief panic appears on her face.

"Wh...wh..." her still icy breath makes it hard for her to get the words out "Who are... Where am I?" She looked like she would black out as she struggle to compose herself. "What happened?"

Her eyes searched the other lifeform, paying attention to the physical, and metaphysical alike. Noting the changes in the Force around her own person, and the changes in the room. So this girl had done this? Barefu was deeply interested. Of course, she wondered how she would kill this one if she had too; noting it was best done quickly... Perhaps snapping her neck? A quick piercing of the heart... This thoughts did not reach the surface of her mind. After all, the other was Force Sensitive. Barefu shakily pressed forward

"Sssshhhhh, come cccchild. Thissss kold will khil me"

She admitted, moving to hold the other, and hoisted from the ground with ease. She figured they wouldn't put up too much of a fight. After that, she would take her back outside into the heat

"Prepare a hot meal for our guest, one for a human tongue... And get this ship fixed, as if yesterday"

She said, dismissing the group with a hostile sounded hiss, accompanied by a flick of her forked tongue; basking in the heat. Even with the Force, cold temperature was nothing she, or her people had any business messing about with. For the woman she was carrying, if she could even comprehend what was happening around her, most of Barefu's language was a series of clicks, and hisses; of different octave and intensity.

For now, she carried her for a while, or unless the other stated they could walk on their own, to a room with a single bed in it. The room was made for dignitaries, but they had not gotten such in a while; it was fully stocked, and had anything the other could've wanted.

Barefu laid the other down softly on a soft, comfortable bed, then moved to a crouch at the bedside.

"You are fine, jussst dissssoriented... Your sssenssess ssshould return ssshortly. What isss your name ccchild?"

Barefu asked, kaleidoscope colored eyes watching the other with concern. Though, with her visage, and her periodically flicking tongue, that could be taken as the look a predator gave prey as well.

Mairéad put up no resistance, through a combination of disorientation, exhaustion and conditioned compliance. She looked at the creature that had found her, was this to be her new owner? She didn't recognise her species at all, but the language she spoke was somewhat serpentine and had a calming and soothing quality to her ears. She didn't expect to see anyone again, she remembered waking up, finding the ship dead in space, she managed to send a message, then all she remembers is curling up and waking for death to take her.

"I am Mairéad, miss" she responded submissively, "thank you" she added "for not letting me die" a few tear rolled down her eyes again slowed momentarily as if they were starting to freeze but then dropping to the floor.

The data came back from the astromech droid. Its visual feed, should Barefu Shysa Barefu Shysa be interested. Is mostly a log of it going about its duties, every so often being berated by the crew members. The last segments of the recording are very interesting though. It shows Mairéad being dragged out and being made to try on what look like wedding gowns in front of a camera droid while the zygerian crew woop and cat call her. The person at the other end of the feed is not clear but there is a deep laugh and a few choice phrases in huttese spoken over the comm. This goes on for an hour or more before the captain says "take the bride back to her cage and have her scrubbed up" He plants a big kiss on her and she is dragged away.

The time stamp then skips a few hours ahead and shows the droid frantically interfacing with the ships reactor through and ice terminal, a warning indicator at the bottom of the feed flashes 'temperature critical - power failing' The Zygerian crew can be heard in the background shouting at the droid to fix the ship and cursing the cold.

The skips forward another hour to see the droid clumsily approaching its charging station before going blank. The last time stamp reads just over three weeks old.

Last edited:
For not letting her die? That was yet to be seen... She was interested in knowing what the other had done to her crew; and how she had learned this. She had learned that for Force User, their powers can manifest in ways that were surprising; violently so at times. That was her assumption... Her theory. It was only confirmed later on once she was brought a holo recording of the droids memory banks. Swiping through, still in the room with the other, Barefu would glance from the pad, up to Mairead.

"I ssssee..."

The Queen said, moving to sit by the woman's bedside, a single beskar coated finger on her left hand moving to gingerly wipe a tear from the others eyes. She would have to keep this one under her personal watch; just in case she needed to kill her. Cold was bad enough as it was for the people she had already murdered with it. It could be catastrophic to her and her people if she wasn't able to react quick enough.

"You wassste your tearsss on ssslave ownersss? They would ussse you like meat' ccchild" That metallic arm moving to wipe the tears from her other eye as well...

"I will take you to my home, there you will be given the meansss to make your own choicesss in life."

The door chimed behind her, then slid open; two of her subjects coming in with a bowl of soup, and some sweet drink for the woman. Barefu pointed to the night-table.

"Come Childe, eat and regain sssstrength. It will be pleasssurable for your human tongue"

Barefu reassured her, not wanting her to think they were giving her 'reptilian' food, after all.

"Thank you miss," she said as she very hungrily took the food offered to her, sitting cowered over her food, as if she expected anyone in the room to steal her meal at any moment. "I dont cry for the zygerians, they can rot" she momentarily looked embarrassed for speaking out like that in front of a free woman, "I cry for those other poor girls, when the ship froze they were trapped in their cages, I don't understand how I survived."

She continued to eat, thinking about the strange woman who had rescued her and now seemed to be offering kindness.

"On your home, who will own me, I was promised to a hutt, please don't let them take me to him, I cant live like that" she didn't know if it was the warm, comforting environment that was making her speak out of her place, but she sensed something about this woman. Something she hadn't felt since years ago when the old lady told her to hide her powers. "I can do things, like, tricks with my mind, I can fetch a good price to someone kinder"

Upon further investigation in the datapad, the girl was indeed promised to a hutt known a Rookal, the 3 other slaves were to be concubines, but Mairéad was to be his wife. The Zygerians were due to make delivery and has missed their deadline by several days.

"can I ask your name miss?"

Last edited:
Hearing the response was particularly enlightening, and brought a smirk to Barefu's face. Watching as the other ate in a defensive posture. So she was indeed a slave, and judging by her current position has been one for most of her life. It was heartbreaking really. People like that had a hard time readjusting into society. They were too used to doing what others wanted, and never making choices, and decisions for themselves. Barefu watched her silently as she ate, still not content to leave her side until she was sure the others emotions were completely in check; no doubt it was an emotional outburst that trigged her Force abilities.

The first thought through Barefu's mind was to tell the other they were free, but when she mentioned who was going to own her... Well, she had a better idea.

"I will own you... You can earn your freedom..."

Barefu said flatly, tongue flicking from between her lips and performing a slight dance before disappearing where it had come from.

"You will call me Master Ssshysssa..."

Barefu hissed it out, her organic hand moving to pet at the others hair gingerly. She didn't know the first thing about teaching a Force Student, but she was going to learn just as the other would.

Mairhéad was pleased that she was unlikely to ever meet Rookal in person, this new master was still an unknown, but felt different to previous master.

"Thank Master Shysa" she replied to the woman in front of her. "I will serve you as best as I can"

She looked up, her tears had stopped and she was now able to maintain her composure more effectively.

"Your droids went into the ship didnt they? Do they know what happened? I remember going to bed and there was something wrong with the heating again, but I then I woke up and.." she couldn't bring herself to finish the last part but it was clear she was referring to the deaths of the other travellers.

She finished her food carefully and placed the plate down beside her. "shall I clean up before we return to your home" she realised how dishevelled she looked, her hair and body had been roughly washed by the crew before they put her to bed, but three weeks of sleeping curled in a ball of ice had taken its toll. She didn't even think to ask where home was, not that it mattered at this point.

She remained silent as the other spoke, simply watching her; her serpentine, and multi-colored eyes flicking with every motion the other took; not to mention flicking as they wished, to lock on to a different feature of the female.

"Expect a measure of freedom... My only rule isss that you maintain your emotionsss. Do not cry for too long; do not exxperienccce ssstrong emotion without my near. If you feel asss though you will; you will alert me immediately"

Barefu said, moving to stand then. She had been running into her fair amount of strays as of recent. As far as the other question... Well, perhaps she could answer that too.

"You feel the Living Forcce.. You can manipulate it. Your strong emotions resssulted in a cryogenic event. You froze everyone to death..."

She told her the truth, observing her for a emotional reaction. If she got emotional, she could expect to taste Force Lightning until she composed herself, or until she died; it was as simple as that.

That was a strange request? Control her emotions and only cry in front of her master? Thought Mairéad? How many nights had she sobbed, alone, cold in her bunk. But for a measure of freedom, however small it would be worth it "I will try to maintain my composure master"

The very next words uttered by Shysa would immediately challenge that promise. "What...that's... that's impossible.." all she could think of was the faces of the other girls as they desperately tried to escape from their cages, the cold creeping over them, she had huddled in her corner and shut out their shouts, to know it was her doing all that. "I... c..couldn't" she began to sob.

Unless she had taken special measures, Shysa would immediately feel the air temperature drop, and whisps of mist formed as they both breathed. The remaining soup slowed its movement and then frost formed over it.

Mairhéad looked at her hands, horrified as her skin paled and small crystals began to form.

She looked up at her master, looking for sympathy but finding only the hard gaze, she could feel the mood in the room darken, the caring feeling about her master was evaporating as the temperature dropped.

Was this why she demanded restraint? Mairéad dug deep, she had long hidden her sadness from her masters by focussing on how much she hated them for giving her the sadness in the first place. It was the zygerians, if they hadn't taunted her, she wouldn't have been as sad.

Mairéad had no way of shielding her thoughts so the whole event would have been obvious to Shyssa, but the dark pit of anger welled up, warming her body and stopping the drop in air temperature, her tears thawed and dropped down past her gritted teeth, landing on her clenched fists with her uncut nails digging in to her hands. She was so angry, what had she done to deserve this, she lashed out at the bowl beside her, spilling the now thawed fluid. And then in seconds the emotions subsided, like a breaking wave, the pure rage she felt washed over her, recolouring her and drying her tears.

"I, I am sorry master, I will try harder next time."

She paid attention, all too prepared to kill her right there on that bed. It would have been a mighty waste, but at the same time necessary considering the situation. She felt that temperature drop, and drooped her head lightly focusing on the other... Internally Shysa though, don't make me kill you now; not after all that. And in the end, it seemed the other was also not interested in dying, as they kept their own emotions in check. Seemingly, they had caught onto what the result of their own emotional highs and lows were. And while there was much control necessary; she had done enough in the now for Shysa to grin in her direction.

"Yesss. You will..."

Shysa maintained, nodding over to the plate of food.

"Eat, ssshower, and get dresssed... There is much to disssssscusss. "

Shysa said, the huge woman suddenly turning and thudding away. For now, and for a few hours, she would leave her to herself.

More importantly, for an hour or two, the other would have something she probably hadn't had in a long time. True privacy. No Cameras, no watching. She could do whatever she wanted in that time frame. Shysa did have a ship to run after all.

Mairéad thanked her new master again and watched her leave. This had been an interesting encounter. The door slid closed behind her and she was alone in the room. As she looked around it was comfortable and luxurious. She found the shower and immediately removed her clothes. She checked herself over, the bruises the Zygerians had given her on her upper arms were still clear, the cold of the ship not allowing them to fully heal. There was a small tattoo at the base of her neck, just off of her left shoulder blade. It was her cattle mark as the slavers referred to it.

The rest of her body was in excellent shape, all things considered, at least her previous owners had kept her nourished, not something she had always experienced. She grabbed some shower products and went in to the shower. She hurriedly cleaned herself, half expecting the heat from the water to immediately cut out, but then allowed herself to relax a little, and let the hot, clean water run through her hair and down her body.

She didn't know how long she spent in the shower, but she finally felt clean and fresh, she found an outfit that had been prepared for her, fairly similar to what she was used to, but it was clean and comfortable, not having that starchy hardness she had grown accustomed to.

"Mairhéad" she said to herself while adjusting her hair in the mirror "what is happening here?" This strange woman was treating her like a human being, she was still a slave but this felt so strange. She began to braid her hair, she preferred it that way as it made it easier to keep clean. She remembered the old woman who had taught her to do it, so many years ago. She wondered how much more the woman new about these powers she apparently possessed.

She looked around, almost instinctively to make sure she wasn't being watched, before lifting the few pieces of bread on the plate across the room and using the force to move them over to herself.

Mairhéad finished up dressing herself and tidied the room up, making sure to clean the spilled soup up from the floor, before lying down on the bed, absent minded fiddling around with a light switch by the dresser.

She had so many questions, but it wasn't her place right now to be demanding answers so it would have to wait.

Barefu wouldn't have returned until the Wraith was in orbit over Sacrelli, maintaining a position near one of the Orbital Defense Platforms. From there, the ship would've been decloaked; and simply sitting around. The intimidating behemoth 'currently' the baddest boy in that particular system. Barefu rung the room first, giving it a few seconds and then opened the door; waving off her guards and looking over Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus . She had cleaned up well enough. Not just herself, but the room as well. That was good. She liked cleanliness... Disorder was only suitable for fields of battle, and war. This time however, she was armed with a universal communicator; strapping the device to her face, it would allow her to speak in a manner that was a little more cohesive for an already confused girl; but also made it so Barefu had moments when she looked more feral, as much of her emotion was displayed through her eyes, which actively changed colors at times, not to mention could narrow into slits depending on her level of aggravation, or anger.

"We should be able to speak with no miscommunication now... My name is Barefu Shysa. I am the ruler of the Sacrellish peoples; I am also called the Scale Warden by some. You were a slave, up until recently. However, my people do not believe in the keeping of slaves... Beyond that, it is illegal to maintain slaves, according to the law of the allied nations of the galaxy. My first command to you as your Master, is to return to your ship, and learn all of the systems within; dimensions, capabilities, systems, strengths, and weaknesses... When you are done, speak to any of the others you see; and request me. Do you have questions?"

She went on a spiel, gesturing the whole time, and would and by waving her right hand at waist level, left to right; looking down at the woman from her heightened position. It was strange, that her words belied her nature. Though, she wasn't a full Sith; she felt anger when necessary, but didn't bask in it. It wasn't the way the Force related to her. It wasn't where her strength lay within its weave. For now, she would stand in a stoic manner, eyes flicking wildly from spot to spot on the others face. If they moved, her body moved in reaction, if they gestured, her eyes would show a reaction. Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus would note immediately, the woman had an extremely 'reactive' demeanor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom